Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Brooks Baby Part 5

Unread post by usernamessuck »

C&K are my favorite couple to watch. I think Gaines is charming and sweet. I love the way Katie dresses her (smocked dresses with matching bows are the dream). All that being said, they have their faults. They are very into gender specific things like with the bottles being purple instead of a neutral color. They dress Gaines in pink and purple all the time, but guys she's still a toddler. I'm sure if she wanted to wear pants and play softball, they would let her. I'm sure they have some very controversial opinions because they are probably traditional conservatives southerners, but none of this changes that they truely love their kids. They don't use them as props, and they teach them and spend as much time as possible with them. For YouTube, that's the best parenting ever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

usernamessuck wrote:C&K are my favorite couple to watch. I think Gaines is charming and sweet. I love the way Katie dresses her (smocked dresses with matching bows are the dream). All that being said, they have their faults. They are very into gender specific things like with the bottles being purple instead of a neutral color. They dress Gaines in pink and purple all the time, but guys she's still a toddler. I'm sure if she wanted to wear pants and play softball, they would let her. I'm sure they have some very controversial opinions because they are probably traditional conservatives southerners, but none of this changes that they truely love their kids. They don't use them as props, and they teach them and spend as much time as possible with them. For YouTube, that's the best parenting ever.

And it's not like they're forcing their kids into clothing they don't want? I can understand it being wrong if MG was saying she wanted to wear a "boy' outfit and them saying no. But they're dressing their kids in stereotypical gendered colors because that's what they like on their children. And it's 100% understandable, at least to me, considering MG was her first baby, and still their only girl.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

I'm pretty sure anyone can make a new thread. The mods can't necessarily keep an eye on every topic that needs a new thread.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think Cullen used the song as a peace offering because he spoiled the kitten secret. He (and Grandberry) made Tweets all but confirming what the surprise is. You know B had to be annoyed by it and made at least a bitchy comment or two.

What better way to make Bryan happy again than to promote his "music?"
I originally posted that I thought that using song was strategic, then modified my opinion to schmoozing. Kitten secret? What's going on? (Don't yet know how to use twitter, but I'm catching on to Instagram!) I've been following the conventions and last I heard there was talk of DB getting another dog. Who wanted to surprise Bryan with a cat and what did Cullen have to do with it?
Bleh, "Bryan's music", how is that still a thing? Or was it ever really a thing? Seems the line between reality and fantasy are blurred to the point that I don't know what's real. At least Cullen didn't (knock on wood) use the song in a vlog. The Schmovies used Finn's Lullaby on the birth vlog for their twins!
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

B&M gave Ollie a kitten for his birthday, from what I gather Cullen ruined the "surprise" on Twitter which I think has been deleted.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:[quote="actuallydear""]
actuallydear wrote:I give it 6 months before these guys change in some way to piss off everyone who is on the C&K train. It's coming guys, it's coming.

It's not that I hope so, it's just how this board works. If it weren't for HS on Bonnie's board, I think the same would've happened there long ago.

C&K are uninteresting to me, but there have been a variety of comments that have had people calling them out for in the past. It just seems that since Katie got pregnant people have jumped on their dicks and not a bad word is being said. It will change sooner or later. Especially since their sin count is rising due to the amounts of young kids watching. If they start catering to them or start doing things just for the vlog, the viewers/posters will start calling them out again. Just a matter of time, IMO.
It's not that I hope they get hate, but I remember saying once that I wondered what would happen if Brooks hated football, and wanted to stay home and read, and everyone (it felt) was saying "oh, that will never happen-- he'll love football". But E&J assume that their kids will love track, and get called out for that. They also reinforce gender stereotypes with MG and the bows and cheerleader outfit, and teaching her to twirls and show her outfit, and no one has a problem with that, but other vloggers get flak for it. Just interesting to me. It seems as though ever since Katie got pregnant, it is hard to say anything not positive without getting a set down. I like them-- well, Katie, anyway, and I think they are great parents for the most part. But they aren't perfect.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I remember that. A lot if posters from the South explained that EVERYBODY loves football there, including bookworms. Alabama pitched their football during the RNC during roll call. I always put ribbons in my daughter's hair and I never gave it any thought. Katie enjoys bows in MG's hair. But I bet you if Gaines didn't like them and wanted them out, Katie wouldn't force the issue. They are well suited to being parents and continue to be what I consider excellent parents. If they were lousy parents like E&J, I bet you we'd have shit to say about every aspect of their lives. Should E&J ever step up and put their kids first or even treated Jackso and Calvin as little people with respect in their own right, they'd not get nearly as much flack from us. Thank God C&K don't act like they are perfect, as that would not go down well. There is no such thing as a perfect family. Perfection is boring anyways.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

gwsb wrote:Well I stopped watching c&k when c&k fit don't quit (until we pry as much money from our subs' hands as possible) thing happened. They lost credibility because they didn't admit they were selling it. They said it was a friend but later said they were transparent. I watch every so often for cute babies. They are good parents, expectional by YouTube standards. They are probably great RL friends. I don't hate them but I'm not on the bandwagon either.
Ugh, I recently watched a video from that time frame to see Gaines as a baby. They really were awful. And that came on the heals of the "Baby Trapped In A Washer" sponsored video. Cullen was too often ott during that time as well. Looking back, it was when he was really pushing to have 100k subscribers. It seems that they came back down, specifically Cullen, to earth soon after and began to be miore genuine. I think MG watching Cullen, and listening to what he was saying, was a major part of his redemption.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

usernamessuck wrote:Some babies don't like being held. They get fussy and want to be put down. Brooks might be the same way after spending those few days on the light. It was most of his life after all ;)

That's true. I always knew I should put my babies down so they get used to sleeping or playing on their own, but my baby blues manifested in anxiety. I just could not leave them alone, I would be freaking out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

actuallydear wrote:I give it 6 months before these guys change in some way to piss off everyone who is on the C&K train. It's coming guys, it's coming.
I'm so scared. I love them so much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Wait why are we locking it?
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Sweet456 wrote:Wait why are we locking it?
Just kidding this is the old one ok never mind I'm an idiot
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

If you want the mods to lock it, you have to message them. They aren't genies that magically appear when you yell for them

MODS! MAAAAHDS!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

ladymama wrote:If you want the mods to lock it, you have to message them. They aren't genies that magically appear when you yell for them Image

MODS! MAAAAHDS!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Thissss. Idk why you all don't get that. I say that anytime y'all try that shit.

We have lives too Image

Return to “Cullen and Katie”