DailyLackOfCommonSense - part 69

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyLackOfCommonSense - part 69

Unread post by Vincere »

You are lucky I have great hacking skills and got into their Nest cams.
Here is the footage of Zuri (?) attacking Mithy!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Theirmom wrote:
spotsanddots wrote:Bryan gave Ollie pancakes for breakfast, then in Ellie and Jarreds vlog Ollie is eating pancakes at dinner. I wonder how often this actually happens... more often than not, I bet.
Honestly? I'm beyond giving them crap about how Ollie eats. Unless you've had a very picky eater, you quite simply, DO NOT KNOW THAT PAIN.

My oldest literally eats chicken tacos, happy meals, Nutella sandwiches, raw broccoli and chocolate bars. That's it. No fruit, no other meat, not even potatoes. We've been trying FOR YEARS to expand his diet. He used to eat more variety, now he doesn't. The doc said he'll outgrow it, and to give him a multivitamin. Fighting is useless. He gags and pukes on food we try to force him to eat.

Ollie used to eat better. It was pouches, but it was variety. They didn't "make" him picky anymore than any other parent of a picky eater does.

Quite frankly, if I were a vlogger, I'd simply not vlog my kid eating. It's embarrassing to feel like I'm allowing my kid a junk diet. But every single thing we've tried, including nutritionists, doctors advice and kid cooking classes have been failures. If Bryan and Missy have tried even HALF the tricks we have, I'm not prepared to judge them on this issue.
Thank you! These comments about Ollie's diet make me feel bad. I have an extremely picky eater myself who is 2.5 and eats almost nothing. He has texture issues as well and some foods just make him puke. I will never judge people on their kids being a picky eater (I was one myself) I eat a varied healthy diet now but it took a lot of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

Theirmom wrote:
spotsanddots wrote:Bryan gave Ollie pancakes for breakfast, then in Ellie and Jarreds vlog Ollie is eating pancakes at dinner. I wonder how often this actually happens... more often than not, I bet.
Honestly? I'm beyond giving them crap about how Ollie eats. Unless you've had a very picky eater, you quite simply, DO NOT KNOW THAT PAIN.

My oldest literally eats chicken tacos, happy meals, Nutella sandwiches, raw broccoli and chocolate bars. That's it. No fruit, no other meat, not even potatoes. We've been trying FOR YEARS to expand his diet. He used to eat more variety, now he doesn't. The doc said he'll outgrow it, and to give him a multivitamin. Fighting is useless. He gags and pukes on food we try to force him to eat.

Ollie used to eat better. It was pouches, but it was variety. They didn't "make" him picky anymore than any other parent of a picky eater does.

Quite frankly, if I were a vlogger, I'd simply not vlog my kid eating. It's embarrassing to feel like I'm allowing my kid a junk diet. But every single thing we've tried, including nutritionists, doctors advice and kid cooking classes have been failures. If Bryan and Missy have tried even HALF the tricks we have, I'm not prepared to judge them on this issue.
No one is judging/calling out you personally. But Missy says she is a picky eater and seems to want to make her kids like her. Plus there is no proof Ollie is particularly picky, they just don't seem to want to try and get him to eat other, healthier food because the crap they feed him now requires no effort from them (there have been several instances of Ollie enjoying new different food when given the chance). And to some extent it feels like they bring it on themselves - look at the awful stuff they're giving Finn for his BLW...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:

y

But honestly, I doubt that they have tried. Missy acts proud that he's picky "just like me". I get you. My son was a picky toddler. He would only eat Wild Berry pop tarts, and he knew what they looked like. He went through a period where he would only eat Cinnamon Life cereal. He's a fine young man now who eats all kinds of foods. Don't give up!
Teen Mom, really? Don't get me started . It was supposed to be a cautionary tale about how hard it was to be a teen mom, and now since they make all this money from the show, they all have nice homes and cars, and people seem to think (like with vloggers) that it's normal!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
kimpossiblesun
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by kimpossiblesun »

tgo93 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:

No one is judging/calling out you personally. But Missy says she is a picky eater and seems to want to make her kids like her. Plus there is no proof Ollie is particularly picky, they just don't seem to want to try and get him to eat other, healthier food because the crap they feed him now requires no effort from them (there have been several instances of Ollie enjoying new different food when given the chance). And to some extent it feels like they bring it on themselves - look at the awful stuff they're giving Finn for his BLW...
I agree with you and respect others mom who deals with picky eaters I bet it must be hard. How long until Finn becomes a picky eater as well?? I remember several vlogs in which missy was super happy that Ollie was a picky eater just like her.

Enviado desde mi SM-G530H mediante Tapatalk
spotsanddots
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by spotsanddots »

Gosh some people on here are so sensitive!

Ollie has shown on numerous occasions that he likes certain fruit and vegetables, they are just to dam lazy to give him them to him. Much easier to give him a frozen pancake.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:

Thank you! These comments about Ollie's diet make me feel bad. I have an extremely picky eater myself who is 2.5 and eats almost nothing. He has texture issues as well and some foods just make him puke. I will never judge people on their kids being a picky eater (I was one myself) I eat a varied healthy diet now but it took a lot of time.

I definitely understand where the two of you are coming from, as my DD6 is very picky. I got excited over her eating two bites of a baked chicken leg yesterday. But yeah...I get it!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spotsanddots wrote:Gosh some people on here are so sensitive!

Ollie has shown on numerous occasions that he likes certain fruit and vegetables, they are just to dam lazy to give him them to him. Much easier to give him a frozen pancake.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
He likes apples, and baby carrots and corn. When Missy was cutting fruit and vegetables for the chickens he wanted some. They make the food for Finn,, I just don't understand why they can't throw some on Ollie's plate. And eat with him...

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Theirmom wrote:

As a picky eater myself in the process of trying to get over my bad habits, I'll agree that it's hard to get picky kids to eat and try new things. My parents struggled, but like you, they at least tried! In the last year when have you ever seen them even make an attempt at having him try something different? If anyone can think of a time they tried for more than 5 seconds to help him eat better, please correct me Unless it's all behind the scenes, it looks like they've put literally zero effort into expanding his diet. They always immediately resort to pancakes, Mac and cheese, and grilled cheese, and exactly one type of pizza. Occasionally we see some fruit. I'm sure if he was being offered a greater variety there'd be some more improvement. When Jim gave strawberries (for what at least seemed like the first time), he loved them. If we were seeing some effort put in to introduce new things to his diet I might agree with you that the criticism should be held back but I'm just not seeing it. I feel like they totally gave up with Ollie (and have shifted that focus to Finn) and are not willing to even try anymore. And maybe they didn't "make" him picky but I see no evidence that they didn't try to stop it or help along the way! Missy is a picky eater herself, we don't see her making any attempt to deal with that either. Now that I'm an adult I'm making it a priority to try new foods and try to eat a more expanded diet.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

soccergirl12843 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016073 ... 9eb65c.jpg[/img]

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037R using Tapatalk
That's all those two need-- to deprive their brains of oxygen.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DailyLackOfCommonSense - part 69

Unread post by Theirmom »

tgo93 wrote:
I can link to a vlog right right now from the last month where they've tried to get Ollie to try something new and he FREAKED OUT. People said that they should have disciplined the tantrum rather than commending them for AT LEAST trying to get him to try something new.
I mean, it may have been a shitty corn dog, but it was something new, and he still refused it.

And give me a gawd damned break about Finn. Yeah, in the beginning they let him gnaw on chicken wings and pizza crusts. But that kid eats more fruits and vegetables than everyone else in that house combined. Every.Single.Meal is avocado, blueberries, green beans, peppers, blueberries, chicken, pita triangles, hummus, etc.

Bryan and Missy eat like shit. They're lazy, and their poor diet is catching up with them. And yeah, they probably do give in to Ollie to avoid tantrums at dinner time. Unless you've personally dealt with a kid who will literally gag himself to the point of puking to avoid eating something he doesn't want, then you just aren't capable of getting it.
:roll:
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Also would someone be able to link the vlog where missy talks or alludes to the fact that she likes Ollie being a picky eater? I've heard it mentioned here a ton but haven't seen it myself and want to!

Also to go off my previous post, it's been proven that sitting down to eat a meal with your kid helps with pickiness. They could try modeling some good behaviors themselves but their diets suck as well. It's just so sad to see him eat alone! Or see the kids locked in the play room so they can eat together. They only time they eat together is when they are out!

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

liz749 wrote:Also would someone be able to link the vlog where missy talks or alludes to the fact that she likes Ollie being a picky eater? I've heard it mentioned here a ton but haven't seen it myself and want to!
I don't think they've ever "hoped" for him to be picky. It's more the family running joke. Whenever Ollie refuses something, Bryan says in a vaguely irritated tone "he gets that from you, babe", or "he's just like his mama"
Also to go off my previous post, it's been proven that sitting down to eat a meal with your kid helps with pickiness. They could try modeling some good behaviors themselves but their diets suck as well. It's just so sad to see him eat alone! Or see the kids locked in the play room so they can eat together. They only time they eat together is when they are out!
This. Even though it hasn't made my oldest less picky (my girls will eat everything though), we sit at the table every single night, no screens. Everyone stays until everyone's done. We converse and enjoy the meal.
I know every family is different, but I don't understand how they don't want to spend meal time chatting with their boys, of even each other. Do they really enjoy each other's company do little that they can't even spend a meal together without watching the tv or an iPad?
:roll:
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

Theirmom wrote:
tgo93 wrote:
I can link to a vlog right right now from the last month where they've tried to get Ollie to try something new and he FREAKED OUT. People said that they should have disciplined the tantrum rather than commending them for AT LEAST trying to get him to try something new.
I mean, it may have been a shitty corn dog, but it was something new, and he still refused it.

And give me a gawd damned break about Finn. Yeah, in the beginning they let him gnaw on chicken wings and pizza crusts. But that kid eats more fruits and vegetables than everyone else in that house combined. Every.Single.Meal is avocado, blueberries, green beans, peppers, blueberries, chicken, pita triangles, hummus, etc.

Bryan and Missy eat like shit. They're lazy, and their poor diet is catching up with them. And yeah, they probably do give in to Ollie to avoid tantrums at dinner time. Unless you've personally dealt with a kid who will literally gag himself to the point of puking to avoid eating something he doesn't want, then you just aren't capable of getting it.
Again I feel like you are taking this a bit personally. Ollie is not your child. There is no evidence he responds to new foods like your child does. You mention one instance where he had a tantrum but other people have mentioned multiple instances of him liking healthy food (strawberries, baby carrots, corn, apples) yet his parents practically never offer him those foods. If there was proper evidence that Ollie was actually a picky eater and refused to try anything new then I would have more sympathy for that but that is not the case - as far as we see they just literally never try to offer him anything else. I will admit they have improved with Finns diet, but as someone else pointed out, they are already making that stuff for Finn, how hard would it be to give Ollie a bit of that stuff and at least see if he'll try it? It feels like they just decided Ollie was picky and gave up on trying before they even started and now Ollie is the one suffering for it
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

Vincere wrote:You are lucky I have great hacking skills and got into their Nest cams.
Here is the footage of Zuri (?) attacking Mithy!

OMG! Thank you so much for this post. Lol!!!! :'D
soccergirl12843
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by soccergirl12843 »

I just watched missy snapchat they had somebody to bring snakes to the party

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037R using Tapatalk
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

Is that Emily taking photos on missys snapchat? I thought they didn't speak anymore??

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why was the chicken coop on their back patio? I noticed it in e&js vlog. Has it always been there?

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

The difference between Bryan tweeting celebs and Cullen & Katie doing it, is that Chelsea tweeted C&K first. The tweets were really cute too. They were fangirling back and forth over each other. lol

And I said part of this over in E&J's forum, so sorry if you read it twice. Ollie's at the age he should want to be doing what his dad wants, the whole "I want to be just like him!" stage, right? When my brother was going through that, it was easier to get him to eat when my parents wanted. Dad wants pulled pork and milk for dinner, my brother wants pulled pork and milk for dinner. Then again my brother was like a mack truck and very possibly would have eaten it anyway. lol I would just be so tired of making a separate meal for my kid every single day, multiple times a day if it wasn't necessary. Though if Ollie is truly a picky eater the whole "be like dad" thing probably won't work. Then again it could also be that at age 3 Ollie already knows he wants to be nothing like Bryan. lol
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why was the chicken coop on their back patio? I noticed it in e&js vlog. Has it always been there?

they moved it outside in the last vlog.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.

Return to “Daily Bumps”