Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Greys Encyclopedia wrote:Wow, okay. Let's put words in my mouth.

1. I said I expected 10 min of the funeral service, not less than a min based on everyone's freak out here. Yes I see a difference, if you don't, whatever. (You know differing opinions, those things are allowed here)

2. Funeral footage and child exploitation are 100000000% different. A creep isn't going to go watch a funeral video to get off. Don't even fucking try to compare that shit. I haven't commented on my thoughts about bath footage because it's said a billion times by other posters. 2 seconds or 200 seconds, bath/potty footage is wrong but we can discuss that in the MO section where it belongs.

After rereading your post, and mine, several times I'm still trying to find where you came up with the child exploitation comment.
I will never ever in my life understand why people get so worked up about comments from strangers on the internet. Seriously, you don't need to be rude or get worked up. (Also, you state sarcastically " differing opinions, those things are allowed here" but then tell me "dont even fucking try to compare..." so you are telling me I am not allowed to have my own opinion. Though I do agree with you potty/bath shots should never be allowed, please dont tell me what I am allowed or not allowed to think) My point was I dont understand why the amount of time something is shown matters. She showed Joels grandmother in her casket. Granted it was a quick shot and not showing the face but she still showed it, so I am asking WHY that is OK? That is a private moment, regardless of how her religion celebrates it. Joels family doesnt like being on youtube so how do the children of the deceased feel, the other grandchildren? etc... I just think it was a very strange moment to want to capture for youtube. I am not comparing funeral footage to naked children I was pointing out flawed logic in the "amount of time" something is shown.
I think the issue is that you are comparing apples to oranges and just using child exploitation to pad your argument and outrage. Showing funeral footage may be shocking and insensitive to some, but it's not hurting anyone like naked footage can. Sorry, but in this case I do feel the amount of time shown is relevant because it is a quick clip where you can maybe see her hand. This is NOT going to have the same effect as a picture of her laid out in the open casket as a thumbnail. It was tastefully done IMO. I understand others don't agree, and that's fine, but is it a level 10 on the outrageous scale like some people are making it seem? Definitely not IMO.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
I will never ever in my life understand why people get so worked up about comments from strangers on the internet. Seriously, you don't need to be rude or get worked up. (Also, you state sarcastically " differing opinions, those things are allowed here" but then tell me "dont even fucking try to compare..." so you are telling me I am not allowed to have my own opinion. Though I do agree with you potty/bath shots should never be allowed, please dont tell me what I am allowed or not allowed to think) My point was I dont understand why the amount of time something is shown matters. She showed Joels grandmother in her casket. Granted it was a quick shot and not showing the face but she still showed it, so I am asking WHY that is OK? That is a private moment, regardless of how her religion celebrates it. Joels family doesnt like being on youtube so how do the children of the deceased feel, the other grandchildren? etc... I just think it was a very strange moment to want to capture for youtube. I am not comparing funeral footage to naked children I was pointing out flawed logic in the "amount of time" something is shown.
Lol, you can't compare child exploitation and a small clip of a funeral shown. You say you don't understand why people get worked up over comments on the Internet yet you tried saying I would be okay with 59 seconds of child exploitation but 62 seconds is over the line....no, not even close to what I said so I got bitchy, I don't play that shit.

I did not shoot down your opinion, one seriously CANNOT compare a clip of a funeral to bath/potty footage. People get off to bath/potty footage. While I'm sure some people have a weird thing about funerals too, it's not hurting anyone imo.

ETA: I missed the last sentence of your post. That's not how it came across to me. To me, I see a difference with time shown of certain things. I can't think of any examples as I'm watching a 2 year old right now.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Kryptonite wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:

1. I said I expected 10 min of the funeral service, not less than a min based on everyone's freak out here. Yes I see a difference, if you don't, whatever. (You know differing opinions, those things are allowed here)

2. Funeral footage and child exploitation are 100000000% different. A creep isn't going to go watch a funeral video to get off. Don't even fucking try to compare that shit. I haven't commented on my thoughts about bath footage because it's said a billion times by other posters. 2 seconds or 200 seconds, bath/potty footage is wrong but we can discuss that in the MO section where it belongs.

After rereading your post, and mine, several times I'm still trying to find where you came up with the child exploitation comment.
Other than a few stronger opinions, I think for the most part there is respect for each others message. Who is the moderator here?

Deepest apologies. I didn't know we oppressed you...

In all seriousness, you've been around for a while, coffee. You know you're able to (and have) state(d) your opinion.

This debate so comes down to personal opinion.

This board really needs to learn how to accept both the unpopular and popular opinion. No one seems to want to give a little here. It's exhausting to read the constant debating.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Who is the monitor of this board?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:

Other than a few stronger opinions, I think for the most part there is respect for each others message. Who is the moderator here?

In all seriousness, you've been around for a while, coffee. You know you're able to (and have) state(d) your opinion.

This board really needs to learn how to accept both the unpopular and popular opinion. No one seems to want to give a little here. It's exhausting to read the constant debating.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Who is the monitor or moderator of this board?
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Who is the monitor of this board?[/quote]
There's no one monitor. All of us mods step in when needed.

I had thought this was a respectful board, there are broad or opposing views which is common in any message posting board and again I see those who respectfully disagree. As a new person posting messages, I am wondering why
a person would moderates a board when "It's exhausting to read the constant debating." The above message were all sarcastic which includes yours. You could have tactfully said to all you should agree to disagree and remember to respect others messages when responding.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I will never ever in my life understand why people get so worked up about comments from strangers on the internet. Seriously, you don't need to be rude or get worked up. (Also, you state sarcastically " differing opinions, those things are allowed here" but then tell me "dont even fucking try to compare..." so you are telling me I am not allowed to have my own opinion. Though I do agree with you potty/bath shots should never be allowed, please dont tell me what I am allowed or not allowed to think) My point was I dont understand why the amount of time something is shown matters. She showed Joels grandmother in her casket. Granted it was a quick shot and not showing the face but she still showed it, so I am asking WHY that is OK? That is a private moment, regardless of how her religion celebrates it. Joels family doesnt like being on youtube so how do the children of the deceased feel, the other grandchildren? etc... I just think it was a very strange moment to want to capture for youtube. I am not comparing funeral footage to naked children I was pointing out flawed logic in the "amount of time" something is shown.[/quote]

I totally accept differences of opinion. I dont think it was the worst of the worst and I stated so in one of my original posts, I even said considering how distasteful filming a funeral is... she did it as tasteful as possible if that even makes sense. I dont care if people dont agree with my point but acting like an ass doesnt make anyone elses points more valid. Like, we're all adults let's just discuss things as such.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I get tired of the repetitive back and forth, too. I stated my opinion. Once. Anyone who wants to know it, can read it. No point in repeating it with a small twist numerous times.

Chances are, we aren't going to change each others mind. The fun part is having different opinions and a chance to discuss.

Having to read "I'm right!" "NO I'm right!" kinda sucks some of the fun out.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:

I think the issue is that you are comparing apples to oranges and just using child exploitation to pad your argument and outrage. Showing funeral footage may be shocking and insensitive to some, but it's not hurting anyone like naked footage can. Sorry, but in this case I do feel the amount of time shown is relevant because it is a quick clip where you can maybe see her hand. This is NOT going to have the same effect as a picture of her laid out in the open casket as a thumbnail. It was tastefully done IMO. I understand others don't agree, and that's fine, but is it a level 10 on the outrageous scale like some people are making it seem? Definitely not IMO.

Oh totally. I didnt mean to make it seem like I was comparing funeral and naked children. I was just trying to say I dont understand why the amount of time matters, like to me, the footage shown is what matters regardless of the amount of time. I used children because it is a hot topic (which I agree with, children should never ever be shown in their diapers or the bath tub etc) I do agree that the footage was as tasteful as can be, though I still wish she had not filmed it. I appreciated Joels opinion and perspective on his Grandmas death and I do like how they dont throw their religion down peoples thorats. Anyway, I do understand why my example annoyed people and I apologize for that. I am always open for people calling me out or disagreeing with me I just dont see the need to be an ass so I appreciate that you weren't. HA.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:I get tired of the repetitive back and forth, too. I stated my opinion. Once. Anyone who wants to know it, can read it. No point in repeating it with a small twist numerous times.

Chances are, we aren't going to change each others mind. The fun part is having different opinions and a chance to discuss.

Having to read "I'm right!" "NO I'm right!" kinda sucks some of the fun out.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Well, it probably does get repetitive at times which is the nature of lots of people posting and a good thing to have an active board. I have changed my outlook or mind when someone points something out so yes it is possible.
But a new vlog comes out frequent enough that the topic changes rather quickly.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

Coffee, I see what you mean now. I'm sorry I didn't see it that way as your intentions were unclear to me. That topic just pisses me off when it's brought up everyday whether potty footage is shown or not.

I apologize for my freak out. I tend to do that once a month or so
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

A great option if a discussion between two users goes on for more that a couple of posts back and forth, is to continue it via pm.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Greys Encyclopedia wrote:Coffee, I see what you mean now. I'm sorry I didn't see it that way as your intentions were unclear to me. That topic just pisses me off when it's brought up everyday whether potty footage is shown or not.

I apologize for my freak out. I tend to do that once a month or soImage
Thanks! I am sorry I wasnt clear in my original post.
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

Our main reasons for choosing if our children attend a funeral is based on the relationship between the person that has passed and our children. They attended my Grandma's funeral because she was their grandma and a big influence in their lives. We wanted them to be able to say goodbye and we were very open and honest with what we believe happens after you die. But we also attended a family friend's funeral who the kids never met. So we got a babysitter. I personally felt uncomfortable with the clips at the funeral but appreciated Joel's words and wished they would have just filmed in the car of them sharing their feelings, maybe telling a few favorite memories with Grandma. I think funerals are a very private occasion and people deserve to grieve surrounded by family and friend not the whole world.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I don't really have a strong opinion about filming funerals, but I love the idea of celebrating someone's life vs. a traditional funeral.
Exception is bringing small children to a baby's funeral.. Trust me when I say that it is very difficult on the parents to hear a baby cry at their baby's funeral.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

Sort of off topic but just wondering since I don't have kids - are incoming kindergarteners expected to know their alphabet already?
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

Kids start kindergarten at age 5 in America? Yikes! :-o I cringed when Cody kept mixing up his letters. Actually found it quite shocking he didn't know the alphabet, well not completely at least. I'm totally judging Bonnie for this....
tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

When I was in kindergarten, the entire year was basically dedicated to learning the alphabet. I'm not all that worried that Cody doesn't have it down yet.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

alexandriablue wrote:Sort of off topic but just wondering since I don't have kids - are incoming kindergarteners expected to know their alphabet already?
Kindergarten is the new first grade. What we did as children in 1st grade is now what kids are doing in K. Most kids who are entering K have attended pre school, those who haven't are a bit behind.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Why doesn't Bonnie put her kids in prek? Especially since she isn't interested in teaching them herself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alexandriablue wrote:Sort of off topic but just wondering since I don't have kids - are incoming kindergarteners expected to know their alphabet already?
According to the following Utah state Kindergarten readiness pamphlet, they need to recognize 10 letters.

http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/presch ... eCome.aspx

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”