YTMD Pet Peeves

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by thenightowl »

That is how I started on ytmd, was on GG then I remember moving to it's own forum (which I love now lol)
So is that Sama1 a spammer? (probably the wrong section to ask but seems like they are one, I am sorry if it's not the right section)
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sadie »

When someone says the word "ultrasound" and then we have 50 comments about when that poster and their mom and their sister and their bff had their ultrasounds.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Jessica's thread was even worse with birth stories from hell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by orangeblossom »

The jesssfam thread is super annoying with the personal stories. The second jess does somethin g everybody has to share how they do it slightly better.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

All these personal stories. It's all I'm reading. Comparing how smart our kids are. What kind of a birthday party should kids have. What happened to the gossip?

duhhitskarley
Talker
Talker

Unread post by duhhitskarley »

If something is going to trigger you then don't read a damn gossip thread about a family that has been through those experiences.

Isn't this common sense? It's not everyone else's job to walk on egg shells because someone might be triggered. Stop putting yourself into areas that will trigger you. That effin simple.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Kryptonite wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:All these personal stories. It's all I'm reading. Comparing how smart our kids are. What kind of a birthday party should kids have. What happened to the gossip?

Zip, didn't your mother ever teach you gossip isn't nice? You see, when I was little my mother told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". But she was ugly and had green skin. She also rode on a broomstick so maybe that's why. I don't know. All I'm saying is I'm clearly more equipped to handle these situations due to my background. Also, I have 12 kids, six arms and a degree in life soooo.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Oh hello there, Penelope!

https://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lis ... skits.html
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sick of the "so and so is delayed" talk...anyone else?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I admit I agree that the Griffiths babies are encouraged to stay babies -- delayed isn't it, because they're not, really. But yeah -- if you go by YTMD, pretty much every kid is "delayed" one way or another, lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

The carseat safety crap gets so old. I get why y'all gripe about it--it's an important thing to worry about--but every tiny little infraction is picked apart and I just get tired of reading it. I know, I know, "go somewhere else, blah blah."

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

parryhotter wrote:The carseat safety crap gets so old. I get why y'all gripe about it--it's an important thing to worry about--but every tiny little infraction is picked apart and I just get tired of reading it. I know, I know, "go somewhere else, blah blah." ImageImage

Whaaat? A 5 year old not wearing a seatbelt is far from a "tiny infraction"

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

Didn't say the lack of seat belt was the tiny infraction. I just get tired of reading pages and pages about it. Honestly, I wish these vloggers would just stop posting videos of them in the car. That's how sick I am of reading about it. And yes, it is important, despite my annoyance on the subject.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kryptonite wrote:
parryhotter wrote:Didn't say the lack of seat belt was the tiny infraction. I just get tired of reading pages and pages about it. Honestly, I wish these vloggers would just stop posting videos of them in the car. That's how sick I am of reading about it. Image And yes, it is important, despite my annoyance on the subject.

#BANCARVIDEOS2016
Yeah, especially because vlogging and driving is so unsafe anyway. Cullen and Katie may do great with car seat safety, but he actually takes both hands off the wheel to adjust the camera while the car is moving. It makes me twitch when I see people vlogging and driving, and it's even worse when said vlogger has spoken out against texting and driving (cough, cough Carlie and Ellie)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Why is this website down so often? Do the owners make money from this site? I really love this place but it's down so often!
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sadie wrote:Why is this website down so often? Do the owners make money from this site? I really love this place but it's down so often!
there's a thread called "website painfully slow". It has something to do with the server and they hope to be on a new more reliable one next year. Believe me it drives us all crazy!

sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

The whole shoes inside debate.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

sadie wrote:The whole shoes inside debate.
What bothers me about these debates is that they always turn into a "It must be a (insert country here)" thing. As if everyone in an entire country thinks and acts the same way. The U.S. has a population of 300 million, is the third largest country in the world, and contains many different ethnicities, cultures, weather patterns, and traditions. We do not all do the same things, we don't all have the same thought processes, we're not all equally educated, our states don't have all the same laws, and you can't live on the same amount of money in each state. It's the same with every other country represented on this board. I'm tired of hearing that people in my country "all" must be this, that, and the other. Every person in the whole world is unique and it's really unfair to paint a picture of a whole country because of what one family on YouTube does.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sadie wrote:The whole shoes inside debate.
It's worse than the birth stories! At least those were somewhat interesting to me. But all the "I live in East Podunk, and we never/always take our shoes off" for pages and pages was a bit much.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Also it's so nitpicky and SO judgmental. I wear shoes at home so apparently that makes me disgusting! In reality I've got a neuromuscular disorder and my feet are deformed and bony, so walking around barefoot on hardwood is painful to me.

I realize that perhaps this is hypocritical given that I post on this site frequently, but judging and shit talking people for something as trivial as wearing shoes in the house is WAY too bitchy and stuck up for me.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Whatever floats your boat. If they're not walking in with dog poop all over their shoes, I can ignore it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Return to “Boxing Ring”