DailyKittenTorment part 70

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyKittenTorment part 70

Unread post by lmmomSD »

usernamessuck wrote:We haven't seen the chicks since before Ollie's b day party right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
DP- no, but Bryan mentioned Jeff taking care of them while they were at Disneyland. So they're still around.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
elfie
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by elfie »

I'm glad Zuri was spayed, but I'm sure the only reason that she ended up being spayed is because it was on her breeder's adoption contract. Could you imagine these lumps trying to breed Zuri and raise a litter of bengal kittens just to sell them off? Those poor, poor -- thankfully non-existent -- kittens.
Btw - when/if they declaw Zuri, we'll know. Just look for a three/four day absence from the vlogs, or huge gauze wrapping around her paws. It won't be an easy thing to hide, seeing how Zuri will be in an considerable amount of pain.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Jeez I've been so on edge hoping they hadn't declawed the cat. They actually did the right thing for once. Though there's still a chance for them to do the surgery.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

gmaesemail wrote:So I've never really read any of missy's blogs, so I had to look it up and wow. This was her first reaction to Gabriel being a boy. She thought she lost the 'connection' with him because she was so sure her first would
I can't help but feel as if Missy was somewhat happy to get pregnant with Ollie, that was her chance at a girl. I hope they never have a girl. The way bryan calls zuri "baby girl" seriously disgust me. Once they get that girl they will just toss their other children to the side since they have the child Missy had a "bond" with.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
gmaesemail wrote:So I've never really read any of missy's blogs, so I had to look it up and wow. This was her first reaction to Gabriel being a boy. She thought she lost the 'connection' with him because she was so sure her first would
I can't help but feel as if Missy was somewhat happy to get pregnant with Ollie, that was her chance at a girl. I hope they never have a girl. The way bryan calls zuri "baby girl" seriously disgust me. Once they get that girl they will just toss their other children to the side since they have the child Missy had a "bond" with.
I hope she doesnt either just because finn and any other boy she has until she gets her girl will be treated like crap. I guess ollie will always be her miracle child so he gets a pass. But any other boys are out of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

Wow...I cannot believe she felt this way...I though if you have trouble ttcing/ staying pregnant the gender is the least thing you think about. At least thats my case. I cannot believe she "lost the connection" with the baby justvbecause it was a boy. Pretty mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

Pingupingu2 wrote:Wow...I cannot believe she felt this way...I though if you have trouble ttcing/ staying pregnant the gender is the least thing you think about. At least thats my case. I cannot believe she "lost the connection" with the baby justvbecause it was a boy. Pretty mean.
It's crazy isn't it? I always wanted a girl but for some reason when i fell pregnant the first time I felt it was a boy. What did I do? Mourn the loss of a baby I never got to meet. I even thought my daughter (3rd pregnancy but first birth) was going to be a boy and I was shocked when I found out it was a girl (I had secretly wanted a girl but when you're a TTC mumma any gender you're grateful for). She's 4 and my only one

Missy should be damn grateful
spotsanddots
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by spotsanddots »

Looks like he's still trying to get an artist to feature on his album. Sorry Bryan, the only people who want to work with you are 13 and under or fame hungry. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016081 ... c9d3c5.jpg[/img]
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Make sure to read the blog before the gender reveal one, she won't say which gender she wants but it's really obvious. You'd think after hoping for a girl yet getting a boy three times she would have come to Finn's gender scan with a more open mind, but she expressed some of the same exact thoughts in the "True Feelings about Gender" video as in that blog post.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I swear I heard missy say something about Zuri's feet on the video today. Did anyone else catch this or maybe I heard her incorrectly? I think it was before Bryan announced she was spayed.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Pingupingu2 wrote:Wow...I cannot believe she felt this way...I though if you have trouble ttcing/ staying pregnant the gender is the least thing you think about. At least thats my case. I cannot believe she "lost the connection" with the baby justvbecause it was a boy. Pretty mean.
My thoughts exactly. I have two girls, one who is 3 years old and another, my angel baby, who I lost at 23 weeks due to a lethal heart defect. All I wanted both pregnancies was a healthy baby. Now I'm pregnant again and people are already saying "I bet you want a boy." And my response is always, "I just want a healthy baby."

After you've suffered loss I don't understand how you could throw the fits Missy does about gender. I will be happy no matter what my baby has in their diaper, I just want to take them home in my arms, not in a box of ashes.

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

CypKitty wrote:
It's crazy isn't it? I always wanted a girl but for some reason when i fell pregnant the first time I felt it was a boy. What did I do? Mourn the loss of a baby I never got to meet. I even thought my daughter (3rd pregnancy but first birth) was going to be a boy and I was shocked when I found out it was a girl (I had secretly wanted a girl but when you're a TTC mumma any gender you're grateful for). She's 4 and my only one

Missy should be damn grateful
So sorry for your losses. I think it's natural to have some preference, but to be that upset when she found out she was having a boy was baffling.

runnerduck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by runnerduck »

I hope this is a one and only surgery. They did the right thing getting her spayed. If they were to get her declawed, which I'm 10000% against, I would at least hope/expect they would have done it as a one shot thing (spay and declaw)

If they trim her nails often enough, the quick will recede and you can actually get the claws pretty short without doing any damage, but it's something you have to be diligent with.

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

workfromhomemom wrote:I swear I heard missy say something about Zuri's feet on the video today. Did anyone else catch this or maybe I heard her incorrectly? I think it was before Bryan announced she was spayed.
she had a wrap bandage from where the IV was.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
nmkstj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nmkstj »

Gender disappointment is a real thing that a lot of moms feel. It causes significant guilt and depression on moms because they know it's a taboo thing to feel (the stigma surrounding it is unreal). In my career I've worked with hundreds of pregnant moms and I see it literally all the time.

I know it's easy to hate Missy for it because of how we feel about her and the family in general, but it is something that is way more common than you'd think: with regular moms, moms that have had difficulty conceiving, and moms that have had losses. And Finley was her fourth rodeo hoping for a girl. She had nearly every person in the comment sections telling her they hope she's having a girl, nearly every family member at the gender reveal guessed that it's a girl, and frankly I don't think the gender reveal party was a healthy way for her to find out the gender at all, given her gender disappointment previously. I think they felt they needed to do it for the views and to keep up with other youtubers (cough, Ellie and Jared) who had made special gender reveal videos.

I see she loves Ollie. I see she loves Finley. Maybe when/if she gets her girl she'll throw her boys to the wayside and I'll be catty about it then, but personally, I sympathise with her here because I know just how many moms get gender disappointment and are able to process and handle it in their own minds, not in the public eye where they are constantly shamed for something that is so common.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

nmkstj wrote:Gender disappointment is a real thing that a lot of moms feel. It causes significant guilt and depression on moms because they know it's a taboo thing to feel (the stigma surrounding it is unreal). In my career I've worked with hundreds of pregnant moms and I see it literally all the time.

I know it's easy to hate Missy for it because of how we feel about her and the family in general, but it is something that is way more common than you'd think: with regular moms, moms that have had difficulty conceiving, and moms that have had losses. And Finley was her fourth rodeo hoping for a girl. She had nearly every person in the comment sections telling her they hope she's having a girl, nearly every family member at the gender reveal guessed that it's a girl, and frankly I don't think the gender reveal party was a healthy way for her to find out the gender at all, given her gender disappointment previously. I think they felt they needed to do it for the views and to keep up with other youtubers (cough, Ellie and Jared) who had made special gender reveal videos.

I see she loves Ollie. I see she loves Finley. Maybe when/if she gets her girl she'll throw her boys to the wayside and I'll be catty about it then, but personally, I sympathise with her here because I know just how many moms get gender disappointment and are able to process and handle it in their own minds, not in the public eye where they are constantly shamed for something that is so common.
I can somewhat related with the gender disappointment. I have 3 girls (who I love) but I was so hopping that my 3rd baby was going to be a boy. When I found out it was a girl I cried. It wasn't till after she was born that I started to be ok with her being a girl and not a boy.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Can I suggest that if you want to debate, defend, or tell stories about gender disappointment, that you do it in a different part of the board? I'm not a mod and I am not trying to control the discussion, but I have gone through years of infertility as well as loss. I personally have a very strong (and not nice) reaction to this topic and I know there are other posters on here who have gone through loss and infertility and probably do too. I know some posters found Missy's channel because of loss.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe I'm weird, but I just don't get gender disappointment. Maybe it's from nursing and seeing lots of unhealthy children, and seeing losses. When I had my kids, I really truly did not care what they were. I also get that you can't control what you feel, so I don't know what to think of it. I understand having a bunch of one gender and wishing for another, but real disappointment to where you can't bond with the"offending" child? I had a friend who had that. Maybe it's some sort of hormonal thing like PPD? Has it actually been studied?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nmkstj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nmkstj »

Cgl33 wrote:Can I suggest that if you want to debate, defend, or tell stories about gender disappointment, that you do it in a different part of the board? I'm not a mod and I am not trying to control the discussion, but I have gone through years of infertility as well as loss. I personally have a very strong (and not nice) reaction to this topic and I know there are other posters on here who have gone through loss and infertility and probably do too. I know some posters found Missy's channel because of loss.
I genuinely apologise for your struggles, wholeheartedly. But there was a discussion here talking about how disgusted people are at Missy for her gender disappointment, her posts on her blog and her disappointment in videos. It's relevant because anything regarding dailybumps can be discussed here and I'm allowed to play the devils advocate to that and explain how common it is (because it is VERY common :) ), whether or not you personally dislike the topic. If anyone DOES want more information on the topic (as the poster above asked) you can find hundreds of support groups and peer reviewed articles on the topic. It has been studied and is usually covered in nursing courses at some point.

On another note, I noticed Missy removed the softpaws caps and I can't actually see Zuri's front claws. Not trying to speculate but I just wondered why she would take them off if she wasn't declawing her (which is originally why I suspected she might have been declawed, although I have never seen the damage declawing does...and don't really wish to).
taylortot1501
Talker
Talker

Unread post by taylortot1501 »

Kind of related kind of not. Didn't Bonnie Hoellein have gender disappointment when she found out Lincoln was a boy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”