Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by staceymj »

I just can't see Joel being a full time vlogger. He needs to be busy and working on something, being off work over the summer was fine because he was busy with the renovations and all the kids were home but now that summer is almost over, the renovations are almost complete and Olivia and Cody are at school I can't see him being happy being home for more than a couple of days before he's bored out of his brain.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting up his own handy man business or something like that. Joel is very traditional and I think he and bonnie live a very old school "man is the breadwinner, wife is the homemaker" type of lifestyle and I don't think Joel would be happy for bonnie to be the only income earner for very long and I like to think that Joel is smarter than to rely on YouTube instead of using YouTube for bigger and better opportunities.

Of course, if Joel end up turning into jared 2.0 I'll eat my words (and be quietly devastated because then I'll have to stop watching bonnie and I don't want to)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by westwuff »

I guess it didn't bother me they haven't explained yet what's going on with Joel's work situation because it didn't feel like they were hiding it. They didn't talk about it, but it's not like they tried filming around him to make it look like he was at work all day and we catch glimpses of him in the background. And he was being productive between the reno and playing with the kids.

Idk. I get not wanting to say "Joel quit is job and is in the process of starting something new. More details in the future..." and then everyone who watches has to wait 3 or 4 months to find out what it is. I think the comment section would get nasty. I don't watch because Joel works anyway, I watch because I like the family.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

Here's a thing: he could have used up all his paid leave and then quit, and maybe that's why she deleted comments. It may have seemed shameful to her.

The feeling of entitlement to know comes from how honest she's been in the past about him working, particularly in that she didn't like his schedule and that he worked so much. I think her audience would be understanding of them coming out and saying because of the flexibility YT has provided them, he was able to quit and seek other ventures that allow him to be home more. A great chance to thank the viewers as well (not that she doesn't, because she does every video).

parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

If Joel has indeed quit/got fired from his job at P&G, I think a great thing for him to do would be rental houses. They could buy a fixer upper or two, fix them up, which he loves, and then they'd make money off of them. And they'd make more than the average Joe because Joel could fix just about anything that goes wrong at the house(s) instead of paying someone to do it. They probably won't do any of that, but I think it would be great for what his talents are! Making money while being able to fix things every now and again! Maybe they could even rent out their current house and move somewhere new/or another fixer upper. Oh, the possibilities! Again, just something I think is a good idea, not something I *expect* them to do.

Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

Olivia's hair is as long as Lilia's from Jesssfam. I'm sure you remember how Jess was constantly scrutinized for Lilia's hair. It's just dragging that poor girl down. She always wears it up and never down. That's gotta hurt to never have your hair down. Bonnie should chop it into a nice, cute short style.

CatLady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CatLady »

I read here some people were wondering if Bonnie and Joel played piano? In todays video Bonnie said her and all her siblings started piano in 2nd grade and had to keep playing until they were eighteen. That was a rule her mom had but Bonnie stopped a bit earlier because Bonnie said her mom had been sick paying for lessons Bonnie never practised for. I have a funny feeling I saw Joel play the piano before but that could be nonsense. I do think recently when they were in his parents house I think it was, that there was a piano there too. It does seem like a Mormon thing, I've seen bloggers who are Mormons all seem to have pianos in their homes too. All the Griffth's have pianos in their houses and Ruby's husband Kevin can also play. They've also made all their children play piano or a different instrument though I think she might make most of them play two instruments each seeing as I have seen Julie and Abby play the piano before and they play the flute and harp as their main instruments.
I'm not sure I agree totally with the idea of forcing children to play an instrument. What if they want a different instrument? What if they just really aren't into music? What if their talents lie elsewhere? I've heard Ruby say it's not just the music but to learn to have to force yourself to learn something and stick with it but her kids seem miserable a lot when it comes to practising. Though it could also be because she seems to run her house like a dictatorship and they all have to get up super early to practise before school. I'm hoping Bonnie isn't as strict with her kids as Ruby is with hers. They are children after all.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:Olivia's hair is as long as Lilia's from Jesssfam. I'm sure you remember how Jess was constantly scrutinized for Lilia's hair. It's just dragging that poor girl down. She always wears it up and never down. That's gotta hurt to never have your hair down. Bonnie should chop it into a nice, cute short style.

Speaking of haircuts: I CUT 17 INCHES OFF MY HAIR TODAY!!

Sorry, planning to surprise my family on friday so I basically cant tell anyone i dont see everyday. Had to tell someone.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

Did I read that right? 17....17 inches?!?!?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Kryptonite wrote:
angelfire89 wrote:

Sorry, planning to surprise my family on friday so I basically cant tell anyone i dont see everyday. Had to tell someone.
OMG PICS!

Ceirsten8676 wrote:Olivia's hair is as long as Lilia's from Jesssfam. I'm sure you remember how Jess was constantly scrutinized for Lilia's hair. It's just dragging that poor girl down. She always wears it up and never down. That's gotta hurt to never have your hair down. Bonnie should chop it into a nice, cute short style.

Oh yes, the length and supposed dye. To be fair, Jessica was scrutinized because Lilia's hair care routine was non existent. Bonnie knows how to care for hair, and I've seen nothing that indicates otherwise.
Also, Olivia's hair isn't as thick as lilia's and as you said, bonnie knows how to take care of it. Olivia's hair is beautiful.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I remember being a little girl and hating my thick hair down to my butt, but didn't realize cutting it was even an option. If Olivia likes it then there's no issue, but if she's never known any differently she won't really know what she likes
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
angelfire89 wrote:

OMG PICS!
Not the best and i cant make them tapatalk viewable (tapatalk has decided i'm a troll)

also i've never done this before so.. sorry if it doesn't work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
angelfire89 wrote:

OMG PICS!
Not the best and i cant make them tapatalk viewable (tapatalk has decided i'm a troll)

also i've never done this before so.. sorry if it doesn't work
sorry to the mods for high jacking the thread for a minute
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

I can see on Tapatalk!

Omg it's gorgeous!!!

I think me and Krypto wanted to see it the most ;)
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote: That looks amazing! You have beautiful hair. Congratulations on taking the leap!

We don't mind a hijacking for hair. ;)

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Last time I had it even close to this short was 8th grade (i am currently 27.) All natural, never dyed. Of course my husband, bFF (and her daughter) weren't all that excited for it. Too bad, all that hair is hard to handle and now i don't have to.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

Looks great ! Bet it feels lighte too, Shortest I've cut my hair was almost Britney 2007's short

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

Your hair looks beautiful!! I'm dying to cut mine too. Long hair just gets so annoying and unmanageable after some time.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Your hair looks great! I've never had my hair that long, but it's been past my boobs more than a few times and I always chop it so freeing!
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I think she should cut Olivia's hair just a little as well. Or let her wear it down more, because always having it pulled back so tightly is not good for her hairline.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

Is it normal to not allow 7-year olds to brush their own teeth?
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

Also, I liked the taller bookshelves in the living room better than the short, and I loooooved the white brick fireplace. I was sad to see both of those go, though I'm sure it'll still look great when it's all done.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”