Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

anxietyqueen wrote:Also, I liked the taller bookshelves in the living room better than the short, and I loooooved the white brick fireplace. I was sad to see both of those go, though I'm sure it'll still look great when it's all done.
I take it back ...I'm just not a fan of the new finished fireplace at all. Also, I cringed as soon as I saw Ellie's boney arm pop into the camera frame. Thank God it was only for 30 seconds.
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

Now Ellie acts like she's an expert with house stuff.. Bitch picked a bunch of random shit for her own house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I actually LoVE the new fireplace!

Ugh Ellie

spartangirl93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by spartangirl93 »

anxietyqueen wrote:Is it normal to not allow 7-year olds to brush their own teeth?
I was wondering this too.

(Also I've been a lurker here and on E+J & DB for a few months now and decided to finally make an account last week. So hi! Excited to join the conversation with everyone!)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

spartangirl93 wrote:
anxietyqueen wrote:Is it normal to not allow 7-year olds to brush their own teeth?
I was wondering this too.

(Also I've been a lurker here and on E+J & DB for a few months now and decided to finally make an account last week. So hi! Excited to join the conversation with everyone!)

I don't know if it's normal but our son was about 6 or 7 before we no longer helped or supervised his evening brushing. He never had a cavity so that worked for us.

I was glad to hear Bonnie make the comment about not wanting to pay for fillings because it seems like E&J consider it just a regular part of dental visits. That always shocks me.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

I like the marble/tile/whatever it is, I think it is very pretty. What I don't like is that the mantle doesn't reach all the way across. It just stops too early on both sides. Is this a typical look? Ours and most I've seen extend all the way across. That looks very odd to me, like they accidentally ordered it too small.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

liz749 wrote:I like the marble/tile/whatever it is, I think it is very pretty. What I don't like is that the mantle doesn't reach all the way across. It just stops too early on both sides. Is this a typical look? Ours and most I've seen extend all the way across. That looks very odd to me, like they accidentally ordered it too small.

I thought something was odd, but figured it was the shelving along the sides. I've seen shorter mantles like that before, but I really don't like it.

Pics for those that haven't watched...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... 752681.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... c16e44.jpg[/img]

I think the tile on the fireplace is pretty, but wish they had left the shelving along the side. It added height and dimension. Now it seems almost short and mini-bar like.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

I wish my mom still brushed my teeth at 7 tbh. I was HORRIBLE at oral hygiene. I learned my mom's tricks on how she checked to see if we really did brush (feeling if the toothbrush is wet, turning the toothbrush a certain way etc). Thank God I'm just now getting some questionable spots on my teeth. I have to give Bonnie credit for that one, especially with all the sugar they eat.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

I brushed my own teeth starting in kindergarten. But my mom inspected my mouth afterwards to make sure I did it and did it well

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh weird the mantle totally does look out of place!

PoorUnfortunateSouls
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PoorUnfortunateSouls »

I wish the mantle didn't taper in underneath, and was just a solid plank of wood for a lack of better word.
Also the silver EVERYWHERE is a little much...especially the silver clock over the fireplace. I wish she would have gotten a really cool antique clock.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

angelfire89 wrote:
angelfire89 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
OMG PICS!
Not the best and i cant make them tapatalk viewable (tapatalk has decided i'm a troll)

also i've never done this before so.. sorry if it doesn't work
sorry to the mods for high jacking the thread for a minute
Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

liz749 wrote:I like the marble/tile/whatever it is, I think it is very pretty. What I don't like is that the mantle doesn't reach all the way across. It just stops too early on both sides. Is this a typical look? Ours and most I've seen extend all the way across. That looks very odd to me, like they accidentally ordered it too small.

It does look odd with the shorter mantle. I have not seen this before.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It does look odd with the shorter mantle. I have not seen this before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

On another note, Joel's job...two days to clean the garage resulting in several comments on his work status and no response. I wish our garage was that clean and it has inspired me to get it done.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

chipmunks wrote:Here's a thing: he could have used up all his paid leave and then quit, and maybe that's why she deleted comments. It may have seemed shameful to her.

The feeling of entitlement to know comes from how honest she's been in the past about him working, particularly in that she didn't like his schedule and that he worked so much. I think her audience would be understanding of them coming out and saying because of the flexibility YT has provided them, he was able to quit and seek other ventures that allow him to be home more. A great chance to thank the viewers as well (not that she doesn't, because she does every video).

I absolutely agree with you.

One thing I observe/strictly an opinion with Bonnie is she seems aware (sensitive) of how she looks on the vlogs and reads the comments. Whether it be her son's birthday that was pointed out in comments as wrong or today her expressing how she says stupid things. I think she'll need to develop a thick skin with showing the world her parenting skills etc and people do judge. No one is the perfect person or parent, yet it can be hard to read about it.

Going from vlogging as a little extra cash to the main income for now maybe a little stress too.

Ellie, on the other hand, seems oblivious to how the world sees her.

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Um... yeah. The mantel looks weird not being the same length as the wall. I can't remember what they looked like before, but I rather would have had the shelves going all the way up than the cabinets they put in. They could have even had the shelves "redone" with doors over them on the lower parts.

Something like this.
They would still have the cabinets to hide stuff and then shelves to display whatever.
beanio
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by beanio »

Bonnie wouldn't be happy to see these comments on e+j's vlog[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... c663b0.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... d253e6.jpg[/img]
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

beanio wrote:Bonnie wouldn't be happy to see these comments on e+j's vlog[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... c663b0.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016082 ... d253e6.jpg[/img]
Yep, no one likes to have others ask if you're pregnant when there not. Yikes.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Wow people are effing rude

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

The thing I don't like about the fireplace is that the hearth, brick, and top on the shelves are all different patterns that don't quite match. they'd be pretty on their own or just with one of the others but not all three mixed together, plus the short mantle.

I really love the color of the hardwood with the color of the walls but the silver accents do make it seem cold. Hopefully she warms it up with decorations (although the downstairs is still barren).

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”