Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

Unread post by staceymj »

kalipali wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Are leggings on boys a thing in Australia? They definitely aren't here in the US. These outfits in general scream girl to me.
IMG_0955.JPG
Also, maybe this is just me, but it really bugs me how they never seem to wear shoes. I certainly don't expect them to be wearing shoes inside their home, but the pictures of them outside rarely show the kids in some type of footwear. Eek.
That bothers me too. I've seen vlogs with them barefoot at the park and it makes me so nervous. Besides the fact it's gross, it's dangerous. Glass and dirty syringes can be found in the ground at parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CypKitty »

Perhaps they live in a low crime area or trying to depict how different they are from everyone else.

I am scared walking barefoot on the grass at the front of my place haha but that is more for spiders and stuff
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

By the looks of things they live in a nice area, when I lived in Perth there were people going around putting syringes and taping razer blades to parks (this was like 3 years ago though) and this was happening in the not good areas and in the beautiful fancy beachside area and everywhere in between. Plus, as you said spiders, snakes, bees, ants... They all bites
You just never know what's in the sand or bark chips at parks. Plus it's just gross, you know that park equipment isn't being cleaned on the regular so it's just nasty.

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:By the looks of things they live in a nice area, when I lived in Perth there were people going around putting syringes and taping razer blades to parks (this was like 3 years ago though) and this was happening in the not good areas and in the beautiful fancy beachside area and everywhere in between. Plus, as you said spiders, snakes, bees, ants... They all bites
You just never know what's in the sand or bark chips at parks. Plus it's just gross, you know that park equipment isn't being cleaned on the regular so it's just nasty.

Maybe its one of those things that Chloe needs to learn once it's happened
Cranberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cranberry »

I'm starting to think whole "they hate having their hair cut" thing is just an excuse to keep it long. A haircut can take <10 minutes and I'm sure at least Evan is old enough now that he would be okay. I don't think there is anything wrong with the gender neutral/long hair, but it's definitely Chloe and Ro's style that they want on the kids. I wonder if the boys will adopt a different style as they get older.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Cranberry wrote:I'm starting to think whole "they hate having their hair cut" thing is just an excuse to keep it long. A haircut can take <10 minutes and I'm sure at least Evan is old enough now that he would be okay. I don't think there is anything wrong with the gender neutral/long hair, but it's definitely Chloe and Ro's style that they want on the kids. I wonder if the boys will adopt a different style as they get older.
It could be but cutting your boys hair short is something you do because you like it not because your one year old asked for it (not you specifically, just generalizing)
I just dont understand everyones obsession with the boys looking like girls... who cares?? the boys seem to be happy. Of course parents pick out the clothes and will dress the kids how they like so she likes leggings... big deal. Im not being sarcastic I honestly dont understand why people care if boys look like girls. Would anyone say anything if she kept Pearls hair really short and in blue outfits?
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

If it was just one kid that hated to have their hair cut, I could understand. My oldest hates it...but my younger son doesnt mind. If Felix can sit through getting his hair straightened a few weeks ago, he could sit through a hair cut. Its most definitely for attention!
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

Having a certain hairstyle isn't for attention. Some parents like short hair some like it long. I could say your looking for attention for cutting your sons hair.
I also don't understand the carry on about clothes and hair.

lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

I'm glad someone made a thread because I certainly wasn't going to because I was trying hard to like them like I used too.

Not to be "one of those people" but I followed them on Insta when they barely had any followers and just got pregnant with the triplets. Mainly because they live 20 minutes away from me and it popped up in my feed because of mutual friends etc etc. I really liked them. They spoke about how their 4th baby was planned and they were hoping for a girl to complete their family but got a huge shock when it was triplets (something that is to be expected anyway when you try for a baby).

I liked how Aussie they were and how cute the kids were until they got so many followers that I feel like they changed. Or maybe it was when they started YouTube I saw more of them and how they really are and what they are isn't really my style?

Also I have to admit I am kind of jealous that they got lucky even to have triplets and have the "6 under 4" tag which earns them dollars on youtube. If they didn't have triplets they would be like any other Aussie family raising 4 kids and whatever. Kind of like the lady from Perth also who just had 5 babies and is now splashed all over the tv and magazines.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

iheartyt wrote:If it was just one kid that hated to have their hair cut, I could understand. My oldest hates it...but my younger son doesnt mind. If Felix can sit through getting his hair straightened a few weeks ago, he could sit through a hair cut. Its most definitely for attention!
Thank you - someone agrees. Felix is 2, yeah? More patience than my daughter when I have straightened her hair. Like the post above me has also said, they have changed since YT came along, because if you have time to go through IG, you will see the boys were dressed differently and had regular haircuts
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Mallabow wrote:Having a certain hairstyle isn't for attention. Some parents like short hair some like it long. I could say your looking for attention for cutting your sons hair.

But why can't the kids decide for themselves? I had super long hair as a child. My sister kept her's short. Maybe the younger boys would prefer to look like Daddy. Will they be allowed to make their own decision or will it be pushed on them too? I absoultely can't stand to see hair in a kid's face...both male or female.
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

iheartyt wrote:
Mallabow wrote:Having a certain hairstyle isn't for attention. Some parents like short hair some like it long. I could say your looking for attention for cutting your sons hair.

But why can't the kids decide for themselves? I had super long hair as a child. My sister kept her's short. Maybe the younger boys would prefer to look like Daddy. Will they be allowed to make their own decision or will it be pushed on them too? I absoultely can't stand to see hair in a kid's face...both male or female.
The boys did decide for themselves. They don't like getting their hair cut so they haven't cut it. I agree about it in their eyes, she should do little top knot man buns for them

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I dont understand how you can say they dont decide for themselves. Do your sons decide when you cut their hair short? Do you even ask.. You think oh its getting long and GOD FORBID they are mistaken for a girl so lets chop it. Even if you say "Son, lets go get a haircut! You will look just like daddy and we can go for lunch afterwards" you say it in such an exciting way most kids wont say no.
Their hair is never really in their face, she puts the boys up in ponytails alot.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Y'all didn't understand what I said. I asked if the younger boys would get to decide...meaning Henry and Rufus. They used to pull the older boys' hair back more but lately it has been in their face. It's my opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

iheartyt wrote:Y'all didn't understand what I said. I asked if the younger boys would get to decide...meaning Henry and Rufus. They used to pull the older boys' hair back more but lately it has been in their face. It's my opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.
They did mention in a vlog that Henry and Rufus' hair would be long as well
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Ugh. Figures. That is what tells you there is a hidden agenda with it.

And no, Where's My Coffee. I don't make it sound like its the best thing ever and I don't tell them they are going to look like a girl if they don't get it cut. My oldest child has anxiety and I have to help him through it. It's called parenting. I'm not going to let him go around looking unkempt just because he freaked out when he was younger. Things are much better now and he gets to chose how he wants his hair cut. And guess what he chooses...short. Because who wants all that hair everywhere?
Cranberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cranberry »

Looks like no one quite agrees on if hairstyle should be the child's choice or the parent's choice.

I think for a 2/3/4 year old, it's completely reasonable for the parents to make haircut decisions. They have made the choice to keep the boys' hair long. I still think they're making excuses about them hating haircuts to avoid criticism, but it's just hair, it's not anyone's business really what length a toddler's hair is.

As long as the boys don't seem to mind it then I think it's fine. I definitely don't think they'd get as many comments about hair in their face if they were girls.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cranberry wrote:Looks like no one quite agrees on if hairstyle should be the child's choice or the parent's choice.

I think for a 2/3/4 year old, it's completely reasonable for the parents to make haircut decisions. They have made the choice to keep the boys' hair long. I still think they're making excuses about them hating haircuts to avoid criticism, but it's just hair, it's not anyone's business really what length a toddler's hair is.

As long as the boys don't seem to mind it then I think it's fine. I definitely don't think they'd get as many comments about hair in their face if they were girls.
Yeah they would. Because hair in a girl's face constantly means its untidy (Well here it is), I live in a low socio economic area and its not a good look!
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Those kids never ever look unkept and I can guarantee if they were girls this conversation would never have happened.. Sometimes yes boys like short hair and sometimes they dont care and sometimes they want it long. The boys obviously dont care so it is the parents decision to keep it long. I am very anal about the way my kids dress. I dont like character shirts for example. My son doesnt care what he wears and has never been in a store and asked for a character shirt so I have never bought one I buy the clothes I think are cute. If he refused to wear something or really wanted a character shirt of course I would do it but until then I just do what I want, I am sure it is the same with the hair for Chloe.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

I can't speak for everyone else but like I said before, I don't care for hair that isn't cared for. It doesn't matter if its a boy or girl. And yes, I would speak up.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”