BritneyandBabyx3: Part 18

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBabyx3: Part 18

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Brit likes renting because she has a need for constant change. Owning a home would be too much for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Ean is a home inspector. She told us that. It doesn't make any sense that a guy qualified to be a home inspector, doesn't want to buy his own home. Of course he wants to. I think what's happening besides Britney not really trying to save, and besides her reckless spending, is that the kind of house SHE wants to buy is going to be more expensive. She wants the 4-5 bedroom huge, brand new type of house. Plus they have to have a plan for Nolan and his access. So maybe she just doesn't want to think about how much she has to save in order to have that. Sure, it's intimidating. Anyone who has bought a house has felt the sting of having to save major $$$ for a long(ish) time to achieve that goal. But you have to start somewhere. Renting is lining someone else's pockets. I know we always talk about this topic, but for me, it's because Britney never really addresses their plans. She wants things, but she doesn't seem to plan for things. I can see them losing out on the inexpensive housing in their area by waiting too long to get it together. It's just strange that with all their combined income, the grandparents are the only ones saving for the kid's education.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

lizpuff2006 wrote:
MommaOfThree wrote:
lizpuff2006 wrote: Good for your brother, but a house is not just what you put down. With FHA you need insurance on the loan, also closing costs and other hidden fees. With a conventional loan you need these fees and escrow. Plus for only 500 down his house must be a piece of crap as FHA min down is 3.5% of house value meaning his house is not worth squat really if that is true

Besides all that...there is safety in renting. If the fridge goes out it is on the landlord not them to foot the bill. With all Nolan's issues renting seems safe for now.

My husband and I bought our first house in 2003. He was 21 and I was 18. I turned 19 shortly after we closed on the house. We got a first time home buyers loan, it was similar to an FHA loan, and we didn't pay anything down. At close our agent suggested that we asked for the sellers to pay closing cost. We asked, and they agreed to pay all closing cost. We had to pay for all of the title fees which was well under $1000. That house now appraises for 2x what we paid for it. We now own several rental properties, and I'm very grateful that we were able to purchase our 1st home at a young age wo a down payment. I not for sure if we would have been able to buy a home at that age if we would have had to pay a big down payment, or if we would have what we have now without that type of loan. We were prequalified for a loan that was a lot more than we ended up needing. I don't think that they would have a hard time getting a loan for a house IF their credit is good. If they could get a first time home buyers loan, don't purchase a house on the higher end of their budget, and do a 15 year mortgage with a lower interest rate they would be fine. As far as the taxes and insurance goes they can have that added in with their mortgage. She's going to have to cut back on her spending and start saving when they buy a home bc they will be responsible for fixing anything that breaks. As a homeowner you never know when something is going to break. A new central heat and air unit can cost thousands.

In my area rent us usually more than a mortgage payment.
I think they could afford to buy possibly but you bought before the great big crash. 0 down loans do not really exist anymore
That's how my brother bought a house with a 0 down loan. There are tons of programs to help first one home buyers get into a home at little cost. It varies state by state I think but they are there. I never realized how easy home ownership is to come by and I think that's the problem people think it's too hard so they just rent.

I'm opposite in thinking renting is good right now for their situation with Nolan. Now they know his condition, they could get a home to meet his needs, modify it as they need to, be getting equity out of it and have it paid off while they are still young seeing as they would be young buying it. But everyone is different and maybe spending 100's on new furniture is what's important to their family. If you have 100's to blow at target you have $$ to replace things that might go wrong at your house.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

So [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016090 ... 66e087.jpg[/img] I was watching this old video and she talks about EAN not wanting Aria in their bed anymore and she said He got so sick of it that he would go sleep on the couch and it was interfering with their relationship...so how did you let your son co sleep with your for two years and your relationship be fine?!? Interesting !!

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

If they wnated to own a house they could. One way or the other. My husband had lived on his own since he was 16, due to his mom being a uesless twit and I moved in with him when I was 19. We rented while I was in school and decided we wanted to have kids (I was 23) but wanted to own a home first. we had like zero savings but buckled down for about 6 months and saved every cent we could and then we qualified for a first time buyers thing where we got our down payment back when the house closed, our dp was $5000. so that worked in our benefit, it was a town home or "5 year home" and we had two kids while living there and last year bought our dream home. All that to say, with all the benefits out their for first time buyers and the fact that she once said she could make $4000 on one sponsored video (I think the formula company she refused because she was breastfeeding) they could EASILY save enough for an amazing down payment in 6 months. I think Britney cares more about what things look like then what they actually are. So they have a cute house she can decorate. Thats good for her. She wants new new new every few months. She doesnt want to worry about house insurance or repairs.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

We should start a what Britney has replaced that was new thread lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

There's a little boy not too far from here who has Duchenne MD and all he wants for his birthday is cards in the mail.

I just read about that today and I was SO tempted to share it with her but was afraid i would upset her.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I still don't understand the judgment about not buying a home. Britney and Ean have never said they wanted to buy a home or were dissatisfied with renting. They haven't put up a GoFundMe begging people for a down payment (like Shaylee's GFM for a new car) or complained that they don't have money. Maybe they really don't want to buy a home and as long as they have a place to live that they seem to love, that's okay. There are so many reasons not to buy a home, especially for millennials. Home ownership also doesn't necessarily mean equity. The down payment and the amount spent on updating a home, repairs, etc. can easily end up costing more than monthly rent. Many people end up moving out of their home before paying it off completely, which means putting down another down payment. When renting, the amount you pay per month is guaranteed (except it sometimes goes up incrementally when renewing a lease), but when you buy you have to make monthly payments on the mortgage in addition to paying for home repairs and maintenance - which is money you never get back or see again. So no, buying does not make sense for a lot of people, and there is no reason Britney and Ean should feel obligated to buy because other people want them to. The worst reason to buy a house is because you feel pressured into it because our society makes it seem like it's necessary, but renting is not a waste of money - it's a guarantee of having a place to live at a price that doesn't change!
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

fossilfinger wrote:I still don't understand the judgment about not buying a home. Britney and Ean have never said they wanted to buy a home or were dissatisfied with renting. They haven't put up a GoFundMe begging people for a down payment (like Shaylee's GFM for a new car) or complained that they don't have money. Maybe they really don't want to buy a home and as long as they have a place to live that they seem to love, that's okay. There are so many reasons not to buy a home, especially for millennials. Home ownership also doesn't necessarily mean equity. The down payment and the amount spent on updating a home, repairs, etc. can easily end up costing more than monthly rent. Many people end up moving out of their home before paying it off completely, which means putting down another down payment. When renting, the amount you pay per month is guaranteed (except it sometimes goes up incrementally when renewing a lease), but when you buy you have to make monthly payments on the mortgage in addition to paying for home repairs and maintenance - which is money you never get back or see again. So no, buying does not make sense for a lot of people, and there is no reason Britney and Ean should feel obligated to buy because other people want them to. The worst reason to buy a house is because you feel pressured into it because our society makes it seem like it's necessary, but renting is not a waste of money - it's a guarantee of having a place to live at a price that doesn't change!

Before I saw your comment about the millennial thing I was gonna say the same thing. Im a millennial.. I have no desire right now to buy a house and I don't understand everyone's mentality on here about treating Britney & ean like failures. I prefer renting, it's so nice not having to be in charge of all the repairs and stuff. And after seeing the housing market crash in 2008, no thanks! Idk why it's such a big deal that they rent and why the conversation always circles back to the topic. Jess and Chris rent and they don't get any crap about it on their thread
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:I still don't understand the judgment about not buying a home. Britney and Ean have never said they wanted to buy a home or were dissatisfied with renting. They haven't put up a GoFundMe begging people for a down payment (like Shaylee's GFM for a new car) or complained that they don't have money. Maybe they really don't want to buy a home and as long as they have a place to live that they seem to love, that's okay. There are so many reasons not to buy a home, especially for millennials. Home ownership also doesn't necessarily mean equity. The down payment and the amount spent on updating a home, repairs, etc. can easily end up costing more than monthly rent. Many people end up moving out of their home before paying it off completely, which means putting down another down payment. When renting, the amount you pay per month is guaranteed (except it sometimes goes up incrementally when renewing a lease), but when you buy you have to make monthly payments on the mortgage in addition to paying for home repairs and maintenance - which is money you never get back or see again. So no, buying does not make sense for a lot of people, and there is no reason Britney and Ean should feel obligated to buy because other people want them to. The worst reason to buy a house is because you feel pressured into it because our society makes it seem like it's necessary, but renting is not a waste of money - it's a guarantee of having a place to live at a price that doesn't change!

Before I saw your comment about the millennial thing I was gonna say the same thing. Im a millennial.. I have no desire right now to buy a house and I don't understand everyone's mentality on here about treating Britney & ean like failures. I prefer renting, it's so nice not having to be in charge of all the repairs and stuff. And after seeing the housing market crash in 2008, no thanks! Idk why it's such a big deal that they rent and why the conversation always circles back to the topic. Jess and Chris rent and they don't get any crap about it on their thread
Millenial here as well. Considering we were growing up during the big recession back in 2008 (you know, when everyone was losing their homes and jobs?) it makes sense that so few of us want to buy a house. We talked about it in my marketing class. Renting is fine as long as you don't get a dill hole landlord.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

I think maybe Ean being a home inspector could actually have the opposite effect and turn him off from buying a house.

Unless you buy a brand new home there's always something to fix before you move in and there are always a few surprises, no matter how good the inspection is. The inspections aren't totally thorough, there's a lot of stuff you can't check. Sometimes it's a tiny surprise, sometimes it's a huge, expensive one. Maybe he has seen or heard a lot of horror stories.

Or maybe they have plans to build a house even? Specially to make it accessible for Nolan...

I don't know. This is one thing that I actually think is private and personal and don't blame them for not discussing it or sharing any details about that.

I will say that if their rent is less than a mortgage and they uncle is a nice person, which he seems to be, they have a pretty sweet deal. They don't have to worry about having to do any maintenance or fixing anything themselves AND they don't have to worry about spending money on that either. Their place looks brand new and at least in my opinion it looks really nice. They probably don't have to worry about being told randomly that they need to move out...it seems very safe and stable, I would be comfortable in that situation assuming it was a family member I trusted and the rent was cheap.
KatherineLouvain
Informer
Informer

Unread post by KatherineLouvain »

I don't have a problem that they rent their home, but I do have a problem that they're renting a two-storey house. It'd be nice if they moved into a bungalow now ready for when Nolan has difficulties manoeuvring himself around instead of running around trying to make a nice home in the future when they'll be dealing with his difficulties as well as another child. Plus it's not fair on Aria to make her move schools once she's settled in if they wanted to buy a property elsewhere.

KatherineLouvain
Informer
Informer

Unread post by KatherineLouvain »

I don't have a problem that they rent their home, but I do have a problem that they're renting a two-storey house. It'd be nice if they moved into a bungalow now ready for when Nolan has difficulties manoeuvring himself around instead of running around trying to make a nice home in the future when they'll be dealing with his difficulties as well as another child. Plus it's not fair on Aria to make her move schools once she's settled in if they wanted to buy a property elsewhere.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

KatherineLouvain wrote:I don't have a problem that they rent their home, but I do have a problem that they're renting a two-storey house. It'd be nice if they moved into a bungalow now ready for when Nolan has difficulties manoeuvring himself around instead of running around trying to make a nice home in the future when they'll be dealing with his difficulties as well as another child. Plus it's not fair on Aria to make her move schools once she's settled in if they wanted to buy a property elsewhere.

Very true. At one point it is going to be impossible for Nolan to navigate that house. We know they will move again and uproot the family again. Did they know Nolan's Duchenne diagnosis when they moved into this home? I can't remember. If so that seems very selfish to move into this multi story home when they know Nolan will be wheelchair bound one day.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

lizpuff2006 wrote:
KatherineLouvain wrote:I don't have a problem that they rent their home, but I do have a problem that they're renting a two-storey house. It'd be nice if they moved into a bungalow now ready for when Nolan has difficulties manoeuvring himself around instead of running around trying to make a nice home in the future when they'll be dealing with his difficulties as well as another child. Plus it's not fair on Aria to make her move schools once she's settled in if they wanted to buy a property elsewhere.

Very true. At one point it is going to be impossible for Nolan to navigate that house. We know they will move again and uproot the family again. Did they know Nolan's Duchenne diagnosis when they moved into this home? I can't remember. If so that seems very selfish to move into this multi story home when they know Nolan will be wheelchair bound one day.
They didn't have his diagnosis when they moved into this house. And (hopefully) it will be quite a few years before Nolan is wheelchair bound so they do have time to find the perfect house to accommodate him. Britney is a good mother and I have no doubt that when the time comes for Nolan to need the assistance of a wheelchair they will find a house suitable.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

staceybrax wrote:
lizpuff2006 wrote:

They didn't have his diagnosis when they moved into this house. And (hopefully) it will be quite a few years before Nolan is wheelchair bound so they do have time to find the perfect house to accommodate him. Britney is a good mother and I have no doubt that when the time comes for Nolan to need the assistance of a wheelchair they will find a house suitable.

I thought as much. Thanks
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

I don't get the "millenials don't buy houses" thing. My daughers are millenials. They want their own houses. It's the norm. Renting means you're subject to someone else's rules forever. No pets, no painting, no changing things, escalating rent, zero equity. It's a question of math too. In 5 years of renting at $1200/month (low IMO), you will have spent $72K on nothing. Please explain how that makes sense. It doesn't. There's no defending it when you're a family of 5 with a son who will have access issues in the house they live in now. I am mostly just saying, I WISH she was more transparent about what their plans are for the future. It seems like they have no plans. They did NOT plan for their kid's educations, so it would be nice to know they ARE planning on a permanent home at least. Home owning is not some scary thing like some of you make it out to be. You choose wisely and there are no surprises. Especially with Ean being a home inspector. That's his very job--mitigating risk.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

gypsophila wrote:I don't get the "millenials don't buy houses" thing. My daughers are millenials. They want their own houses. It's the norm. Renting means you're subject to someone else's rules forever. No pets, no painting, no changing things, escalating rent, zero equity. It's a question of math too. In 5 years of renting at $1200/month (low IMO), you will have spent $72K on nothing. Please explain how that makes sense. It doesn't. There's no defending it when you're a family of 5 with a son who will have access issues in the house they live in now. I am mostly just saying, I WISH she was more transparent about what their plans are for the future. It seems like they have no plans. They did NOT plan for their kid's educations, so it would be nice to know they ARE planning on a permanent home at least. Home owning is not some scary thing like some of you make it out to be. You choose wisely and there are no surprises. Especially with Ean being a home inspector. That's his very job--mitigating risk.
Couldn't agree more. I think they need to plan for the future more. Especially with nolans diagnosis

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
gypsophila wrote:I don't get the "millenials don't buy houses" thing. My daughers are millenials. They want their own houses. It's the norm. Renting means you're subject to someone else's rules forever. No pets, no painting, no changing things, escalating rent, zero equity. It's a question of math too. In 5 years of renting at $1200/month (low IMO), you will have spent $72K on nothing. Please explain how that makes sense. It doesn't. There's no defending it when you're a family of 5 with a son who will have access issues in the house they live in now. I am mostly just saying, I WISH she was more transparent about what their plans are for the future. It seems like they have no plans. They did NOT plan for their kid's educations, so it would be nice to know they ARE planning on a permanent home at least. Home owning is not some scary thing like some of you make it out to be. You choose wisely and there are no surprises. Especially with Ean being a home inspector. That's his very job--mitigating risk.
Couldn't agree more. I think they need to plan for the future more. Especially with nolans diagnosis

Exactly. Renting and owning both have their pros and cons. When you own you are paying into an investment. I am hoping to be able to buy the house we are renting now, because I can't see paying for 1250/month for a house we can't expand on, can't build on, can't have any pets, forever. The landlord is pretty cool, we can paint and hang pics, but most landlords here are dicks. 98% of rented places here won't take pets, at all, not even a gerbil. I'll be 40 this year and I can't imagine not having the stability of my own home soon and for the rest of my life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

Oh no, she's probably going to insist that they move to a newer and bigger house. Haylee from HayleeandBaby is moving to a 4 bedroom house and apparently it's huge. You know these YT moms have to always compete.

Return to “Britneyandbaby”