E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Most older homes have small kitchens. You can retrofit a dishwasher, but not without losing a lot of space. Anyone wanting to buy Bonnie's house is going to be able to make that decision for themselves. Or, who knows, they might be inclined to tear out that wall and open up the whole thing. I doubt it will keep people from buying for the right price. My guess is that B&J decided to keep the cupboard space they had, and didn't see it as a priority to add a dishwasher since they've survived this long without one. They probably didn't consider resale at all because they plan to stay in their house. In some families doing dishes together is a good time to talk, or a good chore for the kids. I can see how it would be hard to live without one if you've always had one, but needing one is really a matter of opinion. There are plenty of places in the world where people survive and live completely normal lives without ice dispensers and dishwashers.

I'm sure like Bryan and Missy's, Ellie and Jared's home will have all the modern conveniences. Is this somehow going to make them better parents or people? It's still just stuff.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

OnAPlaydate wrote:I don't get how anyone with multiple kids doesn't use a dishwasher. And this is coming from someone who only uses my dishwasher when I have pots and pans to be cleaned. Otherwise, I do wash by hands. I lived in Asia for a bit, and I also live by myself, so it's a habit that's stuck and it's also just cheaper for me to hand wash than regularly use a dishwasher. However, I'd probably throw myself out a window if I had to do enough dishes for 6 people. And yeah, as someone else said, Bonnie's kind of screwed herself whenever the day comes to sell the house if there's no dishwasher. Why? Why?!

I like that Ellie seemingly has started using theirs more. It made more sense to not use it when it's just you and one other person, but once you have kids, the dishwasher is a necessity.
If I were to do this extensive of a kitchen remodel, I would have pushed out the kitchen or went out the back to add much needed space. If they stay or sale it would be well worth the expense (would recoup the remodel expense if they were to sale) and they are likely doing well enough to do this. It mades no sense to invest in flooring cabinets etc...and not enlarge this space like they did the basement. It probably the most important room in a home...except for Ellie and hers is the laundry room....just realized this is the wrong forum. Sorry about this and no more on this topic on the wrong board.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
princesseggbert
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by princesseggbert »

Maybe it wasn't the builders who pushed back the moving in date, but Ellie and Jared so that they could have the $10,000 couch at the same time?
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't get the point of hand-washing dishes instead of using the dishwasher. My dishwasher doesn't get anything clean, ever, but if it worked normally I would most certainly use it. I don't think real life awards extra points for sanctimony.

ETA: I am so jaded by these YTers. All I could think when Jared was going on about Apple was that he was angling for a sponsorship.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

The ridiculous thing about the dishwasher and E&J was that Jared kept pointing out how wonderful Ellie was for always having the dishes done right away, and he carried on like her PR person about it a lot for a month or so. Then, one vlog, Ellie randomly mentions that she's been using the dishwasher for the past two weeks. So for at least two of the weeks where Jared was praising her, he knew Ellie was using the dishwasher. A bit misleading, no?

That was the moment I realized that they were willing outwardly lie and mislead. If Jared will go out of his way to lie about random little things just to make Ellie look like a better, more sacrificing wife, then he most certainly will lie about bigger issues like BF vs FF, playdates vs babysitters or Cal getting proper medical care.
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I give it to smEllie, at least she's nice to her in-laws Unlike mithy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

marjg wrote:I give it to smEllie, at least she's nice to her in-laws Unlike mithy.

I agree and she treats Jared's parents with respect. The other one does't even acknowledge them when they are here for a visit...not sure why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

In the instagram picture Jared posted of Ellie carrying Jackson on her back, her and Jackson are literally the same width :/
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

izzythecat wrote:In the instagram picture Jared posted of Ellie carrying Jackson on her back, her and Jackson are literally the same width :/
To be fair, you can't really change the size of your bones. The only way she could look much wider than she is, is if she put on a ton of weight. Trust me. I have the same problem. I have very small bones and unfortunately there's nothing available to make them bigger. Perhaps after pregnancy my hips might widen a bit more, but that's pretty much it. It's like being short, there's nothing you can do, it's genetics. If you look at the old family videos, she was always extremely small and skinny. Her brother Bo seems te be the same way, he's probably just as narrow as she is....

Anyway. Though I do agree that Ellie does have some crazy eating habits and sometimes eats way too little. Specially when she was breastfeeding Calvin which is a bit crazy.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I'm a small person and I still think Ellie looks unwell. It's not so much how wide her hips are, but rather the fact that she's 5'4 and looks about 100 pounds on a good day. She does look better than she did on their winter vacation when she posted a photo of herself in a bikini and you could see every bone sticking out. But her portions are still so small! That photo she posted on her Instagram of her chicken dinner was half a chicken breast, four green beans, three cherry tomatos, less than one tiny red skin potato and what looked like a fourth of a cup of rice. It looks like she pus it on a tiny plate so that the portions look bigger. I personally think she's in recovery and those portions are the best she can do as she becomes accustomed to eating normally again. Obviously I have no evidence to back up that assumption, but that's my personal opinion.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016090 ... f159ce.jpg[/img]My toddler would eat more than this

mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

I didn't even notice how small her portion was at first. That must be a dessert plate.
jdb06
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdb06 »

mandylouwho wrote:I didn't even notice how small her portion was at first. That must be a dessert plate.
That's a weight loss trick. Use a tiny plate so it seems like you're eating a full portion. Jared has to be a closet snacker...

marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

Poor Jared.. No wonder he's always tired. His sugar level must be down or something since he doesn't eat much.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

That doesn't look like a super small serving to me, except the veg. That's about what I would eat haha

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

TBH That's about what I eat too. I'm not nearly as tiny as she is (I'm 5' 5'' and 140-145 lbs) but I just don't eat a whole lot.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Except I would probably have a whole chicken breast not just Half

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

That is definitely a dessert plate. Unless those veggies and chicken are of huge proportions there's no way the green beans would be dangling off a regular dinner plate. She uses that plate as a trick, so it will appear that she has a plate full.

Sick.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:That is definitely a dessert plate. Unless those veggies and chicken are of huge proportions there's no way the green beans would be dangling off a regular dinner plate. She uses that plate as a trick, so it will appear that she has a plate full.

Sick.
And she took the pic so she probably made sure to load the plate up, and may not have even eaten it all.

Anytime we've caught glimpses of her plate on vlogs she's eating tiny portions the same size as Jackson's.... and picking at it.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016091 ... 7b22ee.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016091 ... 007367.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016091 ... fbdcf1.jpg[/img]

This is so freaking bizarre!!! It almost sounds made up and I'm really hoping it is. Jared literally sat in a hot garage for hours because he was afraid to knock loudly on the door and wake up his sleep wife. Are you kidding me?!? Does he really have to tip toe around Ellie that much?! Sure the boys may have been sleeping but it wouldn't be the end of the world to wake them up. And they clearly both had their phones because they were tweeting at the same time. Why not call or text?? They make no sense. I can't believe a grown man was literally so scared of waking not his wife up from her nap or wasting her previous time that he couldn't have called her and asked her to let her in. Seriously who waits outside a Iocked house for hours when there are freaking people inside!!!!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”