NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Unread post by melliakoni »

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:Hi guys, long time lurker, first time posting.
I'm 25, mother of two. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 7 (yeah, I know lol)

I started watching OkBaby because I could see my husband and I in them. The troubles and funny situations we went through while raising our kids on our own away from our friends and families, because just like them, we found out job and housing opportunities were better somewhere else.
There are a lot of things about them that I must say annoy me, like the messy house. While I'm a not a "clean freak" I hated having babies crawling all over the dirty floors, I remember cleaning it basically 3 times a day because I was afraid they eat something or catch something from being on a dirty floor or carpet. But I do relate to Kyra in the "I'm way too lazy today, I'm not gonna shower" kind of feeling too. Also the "solids are for fun" thing... who the hell is their doctor and why did he tell them that??

That being said, I can't fault them for some the mistakes they're making while raising they child because I get it. They don't have actual parental figures close to them to guide them like some other teen parents do. I've been there and done that. Kid pooping in the bath? yes it happened, more than once. Kid slipping from my hands into the bath (not a fountain though haha) it happened too.
My husband and I lived on an empty apartment for 4 months sleeping on an inflatable bed because every cent he made was for our baby. We were 2 17 y/o's learning along the way. It took me 2 years to master the art of cooking, I pity that man who had to endured all my trials and errors lol.

I feel like some of the concerns you guys have are valid, because now that I know better and I see someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, I side eye them as well. But I remind myself that we all had different upbringings, we all learn differently. And that the only thing that matters is if their kid is healthy and happy. Which I can see theirs is. I do hope they stop leaving so many blankets and pillows in the baby's crib, every time I see them doing it I get so nervous for that baby. And they do need to stop giving him that many bottles, but then again the baby is what? 8 or 9 months? there's still time, but they SHOULD be working on that.

Anyway, I apologize for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language but I really wanted post something, I've been reading for so long so I thought I should, at least once, say something lol

By the way, It scared me a little how some of you want them to get sued for the logo thing. That's not only them you guys would be "ruining", is their baby too. I don't know if it's the mama bear in me, but that baby is not at fault so why would you wanna ruin his life and possible future just for the sake of being petty? We're grown ups here, not high school students. There's no need to engage in that sort of things. Watch them or not, hate them or not. But targeting them in real life because of them not acting the way you want them to act, or do the things you want them to do is wrong.
THIS. YES. And the logo thing too I also got a little scared. Imagine the repercussions on Levi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pikapikachu
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pikapikachu »

Unless that company copyrighted OKbaby as a name, O&K are free to use it. Not to mention the logos are different shapes and colors. It'd be one thing if it was the exact shape and colors but it's not. Saying the company should sue them is going a bit too far. Not only that, but the company wouldn't be able to sue anyway because they aren't exactly alike. We need to be thinking about Levi. Without this YT money the baby will have less than he already has.
Also, this 42k a month thing, is that legit? Is there proof that they make that much?
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

I don't think the logo is stolen...

It's really not "original "
It's pretty easy for multiple to come up with an idea that's so obvious.
Putting baby in the word OK....
When their names are O and K....

The fonts are different, the color is different, the pattern is different.

And not only that but...who cares lol...
Only person whose opinion matters on that is the owner of that business.
So even if people here were to contact that business <which would be waaay overstepping boundaries > I doubt there would be any kind case or lawsuit...
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

I believe social blade is pretty accurate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

blahblahblahhh wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote:Hi guys, long time lurker, first time posting.
I'm 25, mother of two. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 7 (yeah, I know lol)

I started watching OkBaby because I could see my husband and I in them. The troubles and funny situations we went through while raising our kids on our own away from our friends and families, because just like them, we found out job and housing opportunities were better somewhere else.
There are a lot of things about them that I must say annoy me, like the messy house. While I'm a not a "clean freak" I hated having babies crawling all over the dirty floors, I remember cleaning it basically 3 times a day because I was afraid they eat something or catch something from being on a dirty floor or carpet. But I do relate to Kyra in the "I'm way too lazy today, I'm not gonna shower" kind of feeling too. Also the "solids are for fun" thing... who the hell is their doctor and why did he tell them that??

That being said, I can't fault them for some the mistakes they're making while raising they child because I get it. They don't have actual parental figures close to them to guide them like some other teen parents do. I've been there and done that. Kid pooping in the bath? yes it happened, more than once. Kid slipping from my hands into the bath (not a fountain though haha) it happened too.
My husband and I lived on an empty apartment for 4 months sleeping on an inflatable bed because every cent he made was for our baby. We were 2 17 y/o's learning along the way. It took me 2 years to master the art of cooking, I pity that man who had to endured all my trials and errors lol.

I feel like some of the concerns you guys have are valid, because now that I know better and I see someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, I side eye them as well. But I remind myself that we all had different upbringings, we all learn differently. And that the only thing that matters is if their kid is healthy and happy. Which I can see theirs is. I do hope they stop leaving so many blankets and pillows in the baby's crib, every time I see them doing it I get so nervous for that baby. And they do need to stop giving him that many bottles, but then again the baby is what? 8 or 9 months? there's still time, but they SHOULD be working on that.

Anyway, I apologize for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language but I really wanted post something, I've been reading for so long so I thought I should, at least once, say something lol

By the way, It scared me a little how some of you want them to get sued for the logo thing. That's not only them you guys would be "ruining", is their baby too. I don't know if it's the mama bear in me, but that baby is not at fault so why would you wanna ruin his life and possible future just for the sake of being petty? We're grown ups here, not high school students. There's no need to engage in that sort of things. Watch them or not, hate them or not. But targeting them in real life because of them not acting the way you want them to act, or do the things you want them to do is wrong.
I get what you're saying, I don't hate them (well, Kyra maybe..... kidding) and I think they're slowly improving (again, maybe not so much Kyra) and I think they've actually taken some of the criticism to heart on small things. And the wanting them to get sued for the logo is ridiculous. However the part where you said you slept on an air mattress for 4 months because all your money went to your baby..... I bet that means that your babies room wasn't empty and he/she had no toys while your husband flew a drone around and broke $1500 cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well we tried lol! We were 17, teenagers can't make that much money so we barely had the basics, everything was mostly spent on food and diapers. But back then my husband was OBSESSED with video games, Playstaton, wii, xbox.. you name it, he had it or wanted it (to this day, it still annoys me so much!). So I imagine if all of a sudden we started getting an income of thousands of dollars a month, he would've most likely spent a lot of it on unnecessary things like that. Teenagers and big amounts of money are not a good combination because they're not mature enough to handle the responsibilities.
I'm kinda guessing that is what's happening with O&K.. I watched some old vlogs a few days ago and noticed they weren't spending money on unnecessary things or not being careful with what they had before, when O was working and they were not making that much money from youtube, it all started after their channel blew up and money started rolling in. Like I said, teens and lots of money is a big fat no from me!
Levi's empty room still baffles me though, I don't understand why there's no furniture in it, his old room wasn't like that. Have they explained it?

And yeah, like you said I've seen some improvement from them too. Their house is still too messy, but nothing compared to how their old Montana apartment used to look all the time haha.
pikapikachu
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pikapikachu »

I've never been a big fan of people bashing Levi for being "behind" and what not. Jackson is clearly advanced for a baby his age. He's what, 10 months? And walking. That's really early. But it seems to me that Levi is copying Jackson (or trying to) when it comes to standing/pulling up. He pulled up onto the toy table after Jackson did. I think getting Levi involved in some sort of playgroup would be extremely beneficial - especially after only one day with Jackson and seeing him already do more things mobility wise.
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

from what you wrote you lived in an empty apartment because your partner worked and you spent every cent on your baby which is great but not what karaoke and Oscar do.
When your child capped in the bath did you remove him/her or film as many of us said that had happened to us it was the reaction that was strange.
I wouldn't pity the man to much because you were learning and the main point here trying once again like kyra and Oscar.
Levi is an infant and never once has he consented to having his life filmed for others enjoyment, the argument about creating memories loses points when it's monetized.
How would people be ruining to healthy young adults by pointing out copyright.
If it appears on a google search then they know about it.
Many of us dislike them so much as we were teen parents and hate the stereotypes they perpetuate.
Sorry for long winded response and welcome to the gossip family , hope you enjoy your stay

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

the 42 k thing is a joke there was a poster who was a you tuber apparently, and they stated they guaranteed they made 42 k a month. And no one was really serious about a lawsuit I'm in another country and well have a life and this is Internet gossip not life or death

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
Jennai
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jennai »

I just watched KKandBabyJ's vlogs and Jackson is very advanced for his age. He kinda awed me that he knew how to use the straw (even for a few sips) without being properly taught. Levi is just...TRUE he is a preemie but he's clearly a bit behind for his age, and there clearly haven't been any physical progressions from the past month. He just seems so clueless and has a blank look allll the time. For instance, back in a couple of vlogs, Khoa was teasing Keren and was holding her back, and Jackson started crying because he thought his dad was hurting his mom. If that was the case with Levi, he would just have blank face, drool, have no idea what's going on, and just smile/laugh when the camera is focused on him.
Jennai
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jennai »

Keren's family just give off the happy vibe whenever I watch them but I can't help feel disgusted whenever I watch Kyra's family LOL. The boob cheese, the stinky pits, soaked in milk clothes, and rotten cheese under Levi's carseat had me more than enough. I don't understand how they're still able to bang one another with their poor hygiene :?
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

OK I am not one to defend the OK clan here but some of the comments here are pissing me off. And I will tell you why

My daughter is beautiful, smart, is reading sentences at the age of 4 and doesn't go to school till 2018.

However no matter what I did, no matter how much physio I got for her - she did not walk until she was 2 years 8 months.

I kid you not,

Sat at 9 months, commando crawled at 17 months, proper crawling at 2 years.

Hell, I literally crawled 3 days before my first birthday and wasn't walking till 17 months. But was toilet trained before 2 years of age. Perfect English by end of kindy (just exposed to Greek before that)

Levi IS pulling up to stand. That is age appropriate. They say not to worry about crawling till after a year, and some don't even do it and just skip it. Levi is crawling.

For all we know Levi might be smart, we just don't know it. But the ones who are saying he is developmentally behind - he isn't and you're clearly not a parent
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

OK I am not one to defend the OK clan here but some of the comments here are pissing me off. And I will tell you why

My daughter is beautiful, smart, is reading sentences at the age of 4 and doesn't go to school till 2018.

However no matter what I did, no matter how much physio I got for her - she did not walk until she was 2 years 8 months.

I kid you not,

Sat at 9 months, commando crawled at 17 months, proper crawling at 2 years.

Hell, I literally crawled 3 days before my first birthday and wasn't walking till 17 months. But was toilet trained before 2 years of age. Perfect English by end of kindy (just exposed to Greek before that)

Levi IS pulling up to stand. That is age appropriate. They say not to worry about crawling till after a year, and some don't even do it and just skip it. Levi is crawling.

For all we know Levi might be smart, we just don't know it. But the ones who are saying he is developmentally behind - he isn't and you're clearly not a parent
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beanboozled »

I think Levi just lack motivation and doesnt have the proper toddler-friendly environment around him. His parents are lazy, doesnt buy him age-appropriate toys, doesnt spend time with him (other than during vlogs and greaseball's snapchat), he doesnt even have a schedule!

And what happened to the baby gym and swimming lessons? Im not saying it should be a daily thing, but because both of them have no jobs, they just film and edit, it would be appreciated if they could atleast schedule the baby gym/swimming lessons for atleast 2-3 times a week because of all the free time they have just lying on the carpet and bed.
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

lacks*** ^
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

beanboozled wrote:I think Levi just lack motivation and doesnt have the proper toddler-friendly environment around him. His parents are lazy, doesnt buy him age-appropriate toys, doesnt spend time with him (other than during vlogs and greaseball's snapchat), he doesnt even have a schedule!

And what happened to the baby gym and swimming lessons? Im not saying it should be a daily thing, but because both of them have no jobs, they just film and edit, it would be appreciated if they could atleast schedule the baby gym/swimming lessons for atleast 2-3 times a week because of all the free time they have just lying on the carpet and bed.
How do we know this? have someone actually close to them said it? cause that's a weird thing to state as a fact lol. Because we see what they show us, we don't know how much time they spend together when cameras are off or what they do. We see less than 20 minutes of a 24 hour day.

Like the user above you said, he's doing fine, he's 8/9 months old and already standing up. Most babies do not do that at that age. My son refused to walk till he was 13 months even though he had his big sister around and we all tried to help him. Each baby's different, we can't hold them all to the same standard. I feel like O&K (especially oscar) do help him a lot when it comes to walking. We've seen them on the blogs actually holding his hands so he can walk on his own, and helping him find his balance too. Levi's doing alright.

But I do agree with you about them doing more age appropriate things with Levi. Since they have more free time, they should schedule more than 1 class per week. The House-Walmart-Park-Bed-Repeat routine they have going on could use a bit of a change
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They will need routine when baby #2 is here. Shoving a bottle in Levi's mouth will not work forever
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

I don't think Levi is behind but I don't think he's even close to developed to his fullest potential either. And I don't mean they should be trying to push him hard and raise him as if he was gifted.

It's just that he doesn't do things that are very basic and easily learned if you have parents who interact with you properly. Those things are not really considered delays, at least not at this point, because guidelines tend to focus on physical milestones more than anything. I assume because they are more clear and easy to evaluate. But I do think he is lacking in the emotional and social department. Which is obviously not his fault at all and nothing to do with him being a premie either.

It's very clear that his parents do not interact with him in a normal way. He doesn't seem to be attached to any of them like most babies are. Most shockingly, he does not seem to be attached to Kyra at all. You never see Kyra talking to him and looking into his eyes. And her grunting at him like a monkey does not count. You never see any of them cuddling him, feeding him a bottle.

And you often see him looking startled, scared, confused, on the verge of crying or with a blank/concerned look on his face. And on the rare occasions they show him laughing, a lot of the time it's a nervous laughter that looks as if it could turn into crying at any moment.

I have been around many babies and children. I love interacting with them and always do if I'm around them. I have never seen a child act like Levi unless they are very upset or have been crying or something traumatic happened in their lives recently. Even very shy children will attempt to interact with me if they are given space and time to get used to the situation.

Obviously this is not meant as criticism to Levi AT ALL. It is meant as criticism to his parents, though, whose only concern in life is money and fame.

I feel really bad everytime I see Levi, because he looks so unhappy. And you can clearly see he is a smart baby and would be very loving and happy if only his parents didn't emotionally neglect him.

I can understand them being too immature to know how to properly care for him. Though they did have lots of tips and advice. But whatever. What I cannot understand is the fact that they don't seem to have the instinct or desire to bond with him, connect with him, love on him. Its basic human behavior. Either there's something very wrong with them, or they are really not nice people at all...
theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

I've never commented here before, because I kept hoping Kyra and Oscar would get better. Sometimes they do- Levi looks a bit more clean now. But in other ways they are as bad as ever. They keep putting him in the crib with blankets, which even I know and I'm not a parent. We never see him eating solid food. I don't think we should be comparing him to Jackson, because Jackson is clearly gifted and developed beyond what is normal for his age. Levi seems like a sweet little boy but there are things he should be doing that his isn't which concern me.
He's a preemie, yes, but he looks small. Jackson can give kisses and seems to understand basic concepts. I feel bad because I don't want to criticize a baby, and I do believe Kyra and Levi love him. But they need help, because they're already not coping with 1 child and in a few months they're going to have two, when Levi is going to need even more help hitting those milestones- and if he doesn't, I don't think they have the capacity to help him, to be honest. The little boy needs friends.
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
beanboozled wrote:I think Levi just lack motivation and doesnt have the proper toddler-friendly environment around him. His parents are lazy, doesnt buy him age-appropriate toys, doesnt spend time with him (other than during vlogs and greaseball's snapchat), he doesnt even have a schedule!

How do we know this? have someone actually close to them said it? cause that's a weird thing to state as a fact lol. Because we see what they show us, we don't know how much time they spend together when cameras are off or what they do. We see less than 20 minutes of a 24 hour day.

Like the user above you said, he's doing fine, he's 8/9 months old and already standing up. Most babies do not do that at that age. My son refused to walk till he was 13 months even though he had his big sister around and we all tried to help him. Each baby's different, we can't hold them all to the same standard. I feel like O&K (especially oscar) do help him a lot when it comes to walking. We've seen them on the blogs actually holding his hands so he can walk on his own, and helping him find his balance too. Levi's doing alright.

But I do agree with you about them doing more age appropriate things with Levi. Since they have more free time, they should schedule more than 1 class per week. The House-Walmart-Park-Bed-Repeat routine they have going on could use a bit of a change
Yes we can only see 20mins/day of their daily lives, but in those 20 mins, have you ever, (since Levi learned how to hold a bottle) seen K or O hold him and feed him with a bottle (while they are holding a bottle, not Levi)? No, they just give it at him, sometimes stuffs a huge blanket underneath it if he doesnt feel like holding it. Andrea (O's cousin) was even more motherly than K is, she actually fed Levi while holding him.

They are too lazy to even feed him properly, how can you expect for them to give him enough attention? K is on twitter all the time, O is probably busy editing, so NO, its not a fact, but there is a 80-90% chance that it is true.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

Just watched Keren's latest vlog and I'm disturbed at how much more interested Kyra is in Jackson than she is in her own son. She is giving Jackson more attention than I have ever seen her give her Levi on any video. Or ever really. And that's on top of making Jackson's temporary bedroom a lot better than Levi's permanent one. If only she could put in half the effort with Levi...

I know she's probably just faking it to impress her BFF, but still. Why doesn't she feel the need to fake caring about her child on her own vlogs too?

Return to “OKBaby”