Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by tratra58 »

justkidding wrote:Love or hate Affordable Care Act, we don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions anymore. They can probably buy an insurance plan through the exchange. It wouldn't be as cheap as a group plan with an employer, but they have options that weren't available a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree and image they have insurance through the healthcare exchange or COBRA.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I just assumed they were using COBRA. Honesty I don't know much about the Affordable Care Act either. But it would be insanely irresponsible to leave the family uninsured for any amount of time, because anything could happen. Their promptness in getting Boston thoroughly checked and treated at least implies that they're covered and the cost wasn't a consideration, which is good enough for me.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I have never thought Bonnie and Ellie looked a whole lot alike until I saw this picture today.
IMG_1063.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I have never thought Bonnie and Ellie looked a whole lot alike until I saw this picture today.
IMG_1063.JPG
Bonnie please don't go down the (theorized) route your sister has taken. Your body now is beautiful. That picture makes her look as sickly as Ellie does now.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

She looks pretty freaky there ngl
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

bonnie looks way better with meat on her bones.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

When she's thin like that it emphasizes her large chin. I think she looks better now.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Aw, I feel bad that she wants that body back, I think she's beautiful and vibrant now. Having rail-thin sisters and looking at herself on video footage every day probably makes her less secure in her appearance than she might otherwise be.

In the comments of one of her vlogs, someone pointed out that Bonnie made a comment about noticing her own tummy in a mirror and in response, it looked like Olivia sucked hers in. If Bonnie notices it, I think she is the most likely to consider how her own self-image impacts her daughter's... I can't say the same for Ruby, and heaven help any daughters Ellie might have.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I can understand her being insecure in her body as it is now, that post kids body can be a hard one to accept. I personally, think she looked amazing pre-Lincoln when she first started YouTube. She was bigger than in that throwback photo from Instagram but smaller than she is now, and I think she looked amazing at this weight. She looked so healthy and she has such a unique and beautiful face. It must be hard to have 3 sisters who are naturally slim and you're body isn't like that, but I think bonnie is the most beautiful out of the 4 sisters.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Tapatalk won't let me post a photo... But this is the time I was referring

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

staceybrax wrote:I can understand her being insecure in her body as it is now, that post kids body can be a hard one to accept. I personally, think she looked amazing pre-Lincoln when she first started YouTube. She was bigger than in that throwback photo from Instagram but smaller than she is now, and I think she looked amazing at this weight. She looked so healthy and she has such a unique and beautiful face. It must be hard to have 3 sisters who are naturally slim and you're body isn't like that, but I think bonnie is the most beautiful out of the 4 sisters.

I agree, she has a classic beauty look that her sisters don't have. Not that they aren't pretty too, but it makes her stand out.

I think she has stopped going to the gym since the remodel started (or at least stopped filming it) but maybe now that the remodel is finished and Olivia and Cody are in school she will start going again.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

staceybrax wrote:I can understand her being insecure in her body as it is now, that post kids body can be a hard one to accept. I personally, think she looked amazing pre-Lincoln when she first started YouTube. She was bigger than in that throwback photo from Instagram but smaller than she is now, and I think she looked amazing at this weight. She looked so healthy and she has such a unique and beautiful face. It must be hard to have 3 sisters who are naturally slim and you're body isn't like that, but I think bonnie is the most beautiful out of the 4 sisters.

I also think she looks the most beautiful out of the 4. Although I think Julie is very pretty too.

I think with Bonnie her personality makes her look even nicer. She seems like a really nice and happy person. And I think she looked fine when she was younger, not sick looking at all or uglier, just younger and different.

There's not only one right body type or look. I think she looks even prettier now but probably because she looks more mature and content. And to be honest, if Bonnie didn't mention her weight and looks so often, I would never even noticed or paid attention whether she is over, under or whatever weight. Or if her chin is big or anything like that. She looks healthy and fine to me! Like I said, some people are smaller, some are bigger, if you are healthy, what does it matter?

I don't even like commenting about people's appearance and try to avoid it because I feel like society and people put too much importance on that and I absolutely HATE it. For the most part, we can't help how we look. And what does it even matter anyway? I remember being a child and thinking certain people were so beautiful, and looked so perfect. Most of them were people I really liked. Now when I look at the same pictures I see that they were not even average looking, let alone above average like I though. I remember not noticing any flaws on my body, or thinking anything was wrong, even though obviously I am not and never was perfect. Then one day you start paying attention to a person who comments on another person's weight, or hair color, or skin color and you start noticing yourself and others seeing things differently. I feel a little sad that I lost most of that "innocence" , but happy that I still have some of it and never became completely judgmental about how others look even if I am more judgmental with myself. Whenever I hear someone criticize someone's "flaws" and realize I have them too, it makes me feel bad about myself, even if for just a few minutes. I hate that body policing and shaming somehow became the norm.

I think there's a lot more to how you look than just your physical appearance or your weight. Ellie is the perfect example. Even though she really isn't ugly, if you think about it putting aside how you feel about her and her weight, her horrible personality makes it hard to even do that. I can't help but think she is extremely ugly even though if I'm truly honest, she is not nearly as ugly as I feel she is. She is average or even pretty, and not this horrible disgusting sick looking monster a lot of people make her out to be. If she was a nice person, I'm sure I would still think she was pretty like I used to.

Another thing that I like about Bonnie and also Julie, is how their looks are more natural. I hate the obsession some women have with having blond hair and I think it looks fake if you lighten you hair too much beyond your natural color. I don't like the message it sends either. That having blonde hair is somehow more desirable and more beautiful. I wish people would just embrace their features and accept themselves and not try to change them so drastically.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Aw, I feel bad that she wants that body back, I think she's beautiful and vibrant now. Having rail-thin sisters and looking at herself on video footage every day probably makes her less secure in her appearance than she might otherwise be.

In the comments of one of her vlogs, someone pointed out that Bonnie made a comment about noticing her own tummy in a mirror and in response, it looked like Olivia sucked hers in. If Bonnie notices it, I think she is the most likely to consider how her own self-image impacts her daughter's... I can't say the same for Ruby, and heaven help any daughters Ellie might have.

Do you remember which vlog this was?
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

chipmunks wrote:

I agree, she has a classic beauty look that her sisters don't have. Not that they aren't pretty too, but it makes her stand out.

I think she has stopped going to the gym since the remodel started (or at least stopped filming it) but maybe now that the remodel is finished and Olivia and Cody are in school she will start going again.
I agree and she appears taller than her sisters. I think her darker hair is very pretty and she is average, but next to her sisters most would look bigger and I would add Joel also is not a big guy both in height and weight.
She is also in her thirties and those sisters who are in their twenties may find weight an issue more as they grow older. Yet, I still wonder if Ellie has an eating issue. Bonnie's inner beauty is her laugh and her generally happy personality that isn't annoying.

I bet she felt better going to the gym (don't we all) and so I hope she gets back into this routine. Her kitchen is complete which should lead to easier healthy meal choices.

Joel's daily life is down to putting in a new door lock. I think they'll will annoy each other with this much togetherness.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Deadhead_kay wrote:
I can't remember the title, it's been recently since school started though. She was sitting on the floor in the living room and her big mirror (that Joel later hung) was on the ground next to her. I'll see if I can find it when I get home tonight.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
Deadhead_kay wrote:
I can't remember the title, it's been recently since school started though. She was sitting on the floor in the living room and her big mirror (that Joel later hung) was on the ground next to her. I'll see if I can find it when I get home tonight.
Just going off memory but I think it was the one where she talks about giving school supplies to the school.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

winniewise wrote: Just going off memory but I think it was the one where she talks about giving school supplies to the school.
Yep, that's the one, thanks! Around 10 minutes in.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Well, now we know where the Griffith sisters get their weird body boundary issues.

Seeing Gma Griff lick the ice cream off Julie's leg was truly disturbing. Julie looked disgusted.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LydiaE wrote:Well, now we know where the Griffith sisters get their weird body boundary issues.

Seeing Gma Griff lick the ice cream off Julie's leg was truly disturbing. Julie looked disgusted.
Haven't seen it yet, but wow. I would never in a million years lick ice cream off of my adult daughter's leg. Wouldn't lick it off a child's leg, for that matter. Ick. No wonder they grew up weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My bad. I forgot that one of the girls was named Julie. But it was still nasty, and the look on Julie's face was priceless. Why couldn't she go grab some napkins? And who gets a bunch of kids ice cream and doesn't get napkins?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”