liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by liz749 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016091 ... 3ed98e.jpg[/img]

Wow seriously good catch to the user that caught this!!

I agree, it is absolutely crazy they are hiding this. No one would judge them for taking care of their child's medical issue if they just came out and said it. The judgement they get comes from the lack if treatment and hiding issues. It's a great thing if Calvin is (finally) getting help and I'm sure viewers would be happy about it. They are living in a fantasy land thinking they have the perfect life and don't want anything to spoil that in the viewer's eyes or their imaginations. Guess what Ellie and Jared! Life happens! You are not perfect and are going to hit bumps along the road. It's ridiculous for them to ignore that and pretend they are perfect. Also this would mean they probably take it off when he's supposed to be wearing it to catch some footage of him. Maybe that explains my question the other day of why we don't see a ton of good Calvin footage....maybe (hopefully?) he's usually in his brace. Of course all speculation but for Calvins sake I sure hope so!

Someone should tweet them for their Q&A and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by liz749 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

HelloSweetie wrote:While I'm glad that they have finally gotten Calvin help, I think it's ridiculous that they are hiding it. They are living this fake and scripted reality, where anything "unsightly" or less than perfect is hidden and kept secret. That's not normal, or healthy. We've seen them on the toilet before, and heard countless stories about peeing in vents, and popping their pants. Yet, medical issues like Calvin's therapy must be kept hidden to preserve his privacy? I don't think it's about his privacy at all, but rather Ellie's fear of criticism about not taking things more seriously earlier.
I would like them a whole lot more if they showed the real struggles to life. Calvin's neck problem is nothing to be ashamed of and nothing incredibly private IMO. Show me more that and less of Jared's teeth and creepy smile and Ellie's wonderful life lectures
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

[quote="HelloSweetie"]While I'm glad that they have finally gotten Calvin help, I think it's ridiculous that they are hiding it. They are living this fake and scripted reality, where anything "unsightly" or less than perfect is hidden and kept secret. That's not normal, or healthy. We've seen them on the toilet before, and heard countless stories about peeing in vents, and popping their pants. Yet, medical issues like Calvin's therapy must be kept hidden to preserve his privacy? I don't think it's about his privacy at all, but rather Ellie's fear of criticism about not taking things more seriously earlier.[/quote

And she went through weeks of locking herself in a bed room and crying and denied postpartum blues I am really liking how jennika is being open and honest and hopefully the topic won't be as taboo. I can't say much because I was in denial when I was blue as well, but I openly admitted it afterwards.

No baby sitter either lol play date. I wonder if she has any guilt over not seeking proper treatment for Calvin's neck leading up to needing a brace? She probably deludes herself into thinking she did everything she could. Same thing when Calvin stopped breathing- no guilt but instead grateful that she favours him with cuddles and kisses in case something happened, so she wouldn't have regrets?.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

This is off topic and kinda picky but after watching the vlog today, I absolutely hate those moccasins she puts on the boys, I find them so ugly and not supportive.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

freshbalsam wrote:This is off topic and kinda picky but after watching the vlog today, I absolutely hate those moccasins she puts on the boys, I find them so ugly and not supportive.

Gotta be better than those cowboy boots!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Im suprised no one mentioned this the other day but ellie and jackson went to a cupcake shop and she said that jared was taking calvin to an appointment

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Im suprised no one mentioned this the other day but ellie and jackson went to a cupcake shop and she said that jared was taking calvin to an appointment

So it's most likely Jared started taking him to the PT again and Ellie continued the previous trend of acing no involvement with it.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Also, the whole basement playroom/living room combo seems very un-Ellie. They're going to have an expensive ass beige restoration hardware couch, restoration hardware media console, and a big tufted ottoman and then in the same room all the toys and rainbow knobs and superhero posters? I will be interested to see how that looks....

Also I just can't get over that their "upstairs" living room isn't going to have a tv or toys. I can't imagine how inconvenient and ridiculous that's going to seem with 2 toddlers in the house.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:
Toffie89 wrote:I've seen this about a million times and now it's my turn... Long time lurker, first time poster.

I made an observation in today's vlog. At 5.42-5.44 there appears to be a collar around Calvin's neck. Am I the only one seeing this? Am I wrong or could they actually be helping him without showing us? After that we see a montage of Jackson playing at the playground and only later they show Calvin.

Also, I might not remember correctly but, hasn't there been a couple blogs where we haven't seen Calvin at all? Perhaps this is why.

What do you guys think?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
wow good catch. defintiely looks like some sort of neck collar. I tried to screenshot it and hoepfully it attached (sorry for the crap quality)
Could this be what Calvin has on?
IMG_1085.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

They want to appear perfect and don't want their children to appear to have nay kind of disability (not that tort is a disability) also I think Ellie does not want to admit she was wrong with the chiropractor. They probably were told that it would fix him by one year old, and when he was one and the tort had not improved at all, I bet they got a second opinion and found that they had been wrong the entire time and they don't want to admit that? Is it just me or should calvin have been wearing a brace the whole time?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

It's called a TOT collar. I wish someone would call them out ( not one of us though) on their Q and A.
jdb06
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdb06 »

I feel like in their original videos, they wanted to document their infertility and then share their success to give hope to others. You would think that they would see Calvin's struggles as another opportunity to share and spread positivity about something that families have to deal with. It is nothing to be ashamed of at all. I just don't get them...

liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

Ellie mispronounced dodo as doo-doo when the shirt had a freaking dinosaur on it! Jared corrects her and then she says "I'll call it doo-doo we like to talk poop around here." I do not understand this woman.

I can't believe they left Jackson on the trampoline unsupervised, or at least that far away! Also you can tell Jackson was fine, the only reason he started crying was because Jared made a big deal out of it. I'm glad he at least turned it around quickly, unlike B&M.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

I would bet my life she doesn't even know what a dodo is.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I actually didn't notice the collar until you guys mentioned it - nice catch!

I can't really fault them for having an upstairs living room without toys or TV... Bonnie's is like that too. My grandparents had two living rooms, a regular one and a "formal" living room that only got used on special occasions.

But I find it really weird that Ellie wants the expensive-ass RH furniture downstairs where the toys will be. I doubt the kids will have any freedom to play down there either. The whole thing is confusing to me. I always kept my toys in my bedroom.

Do Jackson and Calvin even have enough toys to justify a playroom?
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I think it's sad they are hiding Calvin's treatment. They would gain my respect if they were more open and less secretive. I'm so happy for Calvin that he's getting treatment. I saw a case of severe (I'm assuming untreated) Tort in a young adult and she looked so uncomfortable with a severe tilt. It's a shame they don't share this real part of their life. Real life isn't picture perfect. It's more relatable to show struggles and not fake happy faces.
Last edited by workfromhomemom on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I actually didn't notice the collar until you guys mentioned it - nice catch!

I can't really fault them for having an upstairs living room without toys or TV... Bonnie's is like that too. My grandparents had two living rooms, a regular one and a "formal" living room that only got used on special occasions.

But I find it really weird that Ellie wants the expensive-ass RH furniture downstairs where the toys will be. I doubt the kids will have any freedom to play down there either. The whole thing is confusing to me. I always kept my toys in my bedroom.

Do Jackson and Calvin even have enough toys to justify a playroom?
That's kind of my point though, Bonnie's is like that because her mom is like that and they need to do everything she does. And your grandparents... Well that's exactly my point. It's just old fashioned and doesn't seem practical at all. I mean they will probably end up spending the majority of the day in the basement... Maybe it's just me but if I just spent an astronomical amount of money on a brand new house and everything that's in it I wouldn't want to spend my days in the basement.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

blahblahblahhh wrote:
That's kind of my point though, Bonnie's is like that because her mom is like that and they need to do everything she does. And your grandparents... Well that's exactly my point. It's just old fashioned and doesn't seem practical at all. I mean they will probably end up spending the majority of the day in the basement... Maybe it's just me but if I just spent an astronomical amount of money on a brand new house and everything that's in it I wouldn't want to spend my days in the basement.

True enough. But those boys rarely get to play with toys anyway. Like, kids who could only play in the basement, but who play all day like regular kids, would be stuck in the basement all the time. But Jackson and Calvin (especially Jackson) rarely have enough hours in the day to fit in all their naps and "play dates." They don't have time for toys!
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

I think their "playroom" will be limited to that tiny space under the stairs! The top 1/2 of the door will be open while they're in there, but the bottom 1/2 closed to keep them contained. When their daily allotted play time is over, they'll be ushered out, the whole door will be shut & locked, & a curtain will be drawn across the little window so Ellie can't see the "mess." Joke will be on her when they realize they can crawl thru the window, &/or throw toys out of it!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

WTFoxtrot wrote:I think their "playroom" will be limited to that tiny space under the stairs! The top 1/2 of the door will be open while they're in there, but the bottom 1/2 closed to keep them contained. When their daily allotted play time is over, they'll be ushered out, the whole door will be shut & locked, & a curtain will be drawn across the little window so Ellie can't see the "mess." Joke will be on her when they realize they can crawl thru the window, &/or throw toys out of it!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Oh my. I do believe you've predicted the future.

Personal - True story, I didn't really get the concept of "playing" as a kid. My siblings came much later, and there weren't other kids around. So I would change my Barbies' clothes, reorganize the toys, and announce I was finished playing. Lol. Even having been a bizarre type-A child myself, I feel really sorry for those boys, especially Jackson. I hope he grows up to like books, so his mind can be stimulated in some way... And maybe compensate for what seems like a pretty well-established lack of intelligence on Ellie's part.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”