E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by minmouse »

Any thoughts on the wall color they chose? I think it is *okay* but I'm surprised they are using the same color throughout the home. It seems like she picked out a lot of greys and neutrals for décor. The only color is her cabinets in the laundry room and that small pop of orange in Jackson's room. She says she loves color but we haven't seen much in the room updates they give us. I have a feeling their house is going to be so boring! Fingers crossed she adds in some color with curtains and other décor but I'm not holding my breath. I guess this is what happens when you use a designer and ignore all their advice. :?
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

In the Q&A on Jared's channel, they have a cringeworthy reference to sex on their honeymoon that goes on and on. Ugh...TMI, Jellie.

Somebody asked about budgeting and they said they don't have any debt, which I guess I believe, but they don't mention the house. It's not done yet, so they don't technically have that debt but I find it slightly irresponsible to lead people to believe that they have paid for that huge custom home out of pocket with no mortgage.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

Pency wrote:In the Q&A on Jared's channel, they have a cringeworthy reference to sex on their honeymoon that goes on and on. Ugh...TMI, Jellie.
I was just about to post about this. Could he not get it up? Or did it hurt too much because it was their first time? Lasted 30 seconds?

Half of me wants to know and the other half wants to barf a little thinking about it.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I thought it was super strange that in their Q&A on Jared's channel he was laughing so hard about their awful honeymoon. I get it if someone gets sick or there's a disaster or something, but to me they both made it sound like it was just awkward in the bedroom. Ellie said it was okay because they were able to eat out and talk. Um, okay. These two are just so awkward. I don't believe for a second that they have a healthy or genuine relationship.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Pency wrote:In the Q&A on Jared's channel, they have a cringeworthy reference to sex on their honeymoon that goes on and on. Ugh...TMI, Jellie.

Somebody asked about budgeting and they said they don't have any debt, which I guess I believe, but they don't mention the house. It's not done yet, so they don't technically have that debt but I find it slightly irresponsible to lead people to believe that they have paid for that huge custom home out of pocket with no mortgage.
Yep, and it's not just about being able to say you live debt-free. Keeping your expenses low so that more of your income can go to savings is important too. When your expenses are low, you can also weather negative changes in income better. I know they've said that before Jared quit his job they made sure they had 6 months of living expenses in savings to tide them over just in case. But you have to beef up that emergency fund as your expenses and family grow. I wonder if they'll ever share what percentage of a downpayment they put down. If YouTube changes its business model or their channel isn't as profitable anymore, that's still a sizable mortgage to pay off. I wouldn't be surprised if they pay it off as quickly as possible while the money is still rolling in.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HashtagBlessed wrote:

Yep, and it's not just about being able to say you live debt-free. Keeping your expenses low so that more of your income can go to savings is important too. When your expenses are low, you can also weather negative changes in income better. I know they've said that before Jared quit his job they made sure they had 6 months of living expenses in savings to tide them over just in case. But you have to beef up that emergency fund as your expenses and family grow. I wonder if they'll ever share what percentage of a downpayment they put down. If YouTube changes its business model or their channel isn't as profitable anymore, that's still a sizable mortgage to pay off. I wouldn't be surprised if they pay it off as quickly as possible while the money is still rolling in.
Totally to all of this, and also I agree that they will try to fast track paying off the mortgage. Which is fine, but if you have a low interest rate why do that if you can't sock away savings at the same time? If there is some sort of emergency or if YouTube stops paying the bills bragging about being debt free will do them no good.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Pency wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:

Totally to all of this, and also I agree that they will try to fast track paying off the mortgage. Which is fine, but if you have a low interest rate why do that if you can't sock away savings at the same time? If there is some sort of emergency or if YouTube stops paying the bills bragging about being debt free will do them no good.

I agree and I think they'll pay off the house quickly. It is a mindset (my experience with living with and without debt) and you feel the need to pay off the house as fast as possible vs others look at the mortgage as part of their life. Dave Ramsey is a good way to live with finances. I am surprised how they are spending on the house with a debt free attitude, but they must be making a lot of money.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm very interested to see this house once its done. I really feel like Ellie is undersizing the home so much. She has 1 or 2 trinkets for each room, 1-2 things to go on the walls for each room.. She showed all the photo frames for the house and there were like 5 and 2 of them were being returned. I get that she is minimalist and some people like that style, but i feel like shes taking the size of the apt that they live in and redecorating it instead of this 2000+/- sq ft home they are building, I feel like they are going to move in and the house is going to look empty and have an echo.
Someone mentioned above about hiring a decorator and then doing nothing she says. Exactly the truth, every single house update video has started with her showing the decorators idea and then saying, "but thats not what we are going to do..." Why hire her? I feel sorry for this lady, having to work with Ellie.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have liked Jared more in the last few vlogs...Ellie is well...Ellie. He is much calmer and grown up. Utah is a beautiful state and it is nice to see the fall colors and the mountains. I saw the Q & A and the awkward answer with the honeymoon response (edit this out might have been better) but overall they calmly and in a mature manner answered questions.

The home they've built is beautiful and I see a lot of gray (like the outside better, inside not totally sure) but what makes this house stand out is their view out their backyard windows. Looking out over these mountains is a lucky thing they get to experience each and everyday.

If you look at YouTubers sites on Socialblade and if these numbers are accurate, all these channels seem to be down in both views and subscribers...by a lot. I wonder if this is a concern. I tend to think with Americans busy lives and what seems to be a possible lost of interest watching vlogs, it could be a slower growing business or at least making the money they are making or expect to make. Jared mentioned collaborating with his dad with a music focus which says he is looking to expand beyond YouTube. I also continue to think once advertisers realize their audience is kids, it might change things up too.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tratra58 wrote:I have liked Jared more in the last few vlogs...Ellie is well...Ellie. He is much calmer and grown up. Utah is a beautiful state and it is nice to see the fall colors and the mountains. I saw the Q & A and the awkward answer with the honeymoon response (edit this out might have been better) but overall they calmly and in a mature manner answered questions.

The home they've built is beautiful and I see a lot of gray (like the outside better, inside not totally sure) but what makes this house stand out is their view out their backyard windows. Looking out over these mountains is a lucky thing they get to experience each and everyday.

If you look at YouTubers sites on Socialblade and if these numbers are accurate, all these channels seem to be down in both views and subscribers...by a lot. I wonder if this is a concern. I tend to think with Americans busy lives and what seems to be a possible lost of interest watching vlogs, it could be a slower growing business or at least making the money they are making or expect to make. Jared mentioned collaborating with his dad with a music focus which says he is looking to expand beyond YouTube. I also continue to think once advertisers realize their audience is kids, it might change things up too.
I was watching another vlogger last night and he mentioned that he had always heard that September was a tough month for youtube, he wasnt sure what that meant (i think thats what he said, or that he wasn't sure why) so maybe everyone is down right now with school starting back, people getting busier..
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Jared responded in the comments saying debt free except the house.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

actuallydear wrote:Jared responded in the comments saying debt free except the house.
Well then, I guess mortgages don't count as debt these days.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Leaked vlog from their honeymoon!

CatLady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CatLady »

I did take a break from watching Ellie and Jared because they were just getting so annoying but I've seen the last few days blogs and they seem much better. I'm not sure how but they seem more normal? Nicer? Maybe it's just Jared not trying to show off as much or they are trying a different direction to get views but I like it!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Pency wrote:
actuallydear wrote:Jared responded in the comments saying debt free except the house.
Well then, I guess mortgages don't count as debt these days.
Even Dave Ramsey looks at this as a bit of a different type of debt vs. credit cards, car loans etc. He says to avoid 30 year mortgages and pay them off faster. Yet, he will say coming in with cash is the best.
There were five steps before paying off the mortgage in order to live debt free which include funding a college and retirement fund.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

It's easy to avoid a car payment when you get a $40k car for free.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

staceyeileen wrote:It's easy to avoid a car payment when you get a $40k car for free.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Very good point...if we all could be this lucky.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I absolutely adore the way Jackson says Calvin's name! Soo cute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

minmouse wrote:Any thoughts on the wall color they chose? I think it is *okay* but I'm surprised they are using the same color throughout the home.
That's the new "in thing" (painting all the same color)
Terebravisse
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Terebravisse »

WTFoxtrot wrote:Maybe they didn't know if Calvin would be left with some obvious bruising or swelling, & actually erred on the side of caution & confessed about it?

If they have crappy insurance, getting a second opinion may have been difficult. There may be limited doctors of the type he needed/ultimately wound up seeing, & their insurance may have limited it more, leading to an extended waiting period to get the ball rolling in this direction.

(Kinda personal/OT, but relevant):
It once took me 14 months to get a couple lousy cortisone shots, & I'm insured by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. There's so much ridiculous red tape you have to cut through here in the US with these HMOs. They seem to force you to go the most conservative treatment route, before allowing you to move on.

I've been as disgusted with the way they've handled Calvin's neck issues as all of you.... However, when thinking back in my own life, I guess now I can somewhat understand why it's taken them so long to get to this point. All of this could have been avoided tho, had they not cut the line of communication with their viewers the way they did!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I could buy this theory, but considering all the spending and the summer vacay, I don't buy it. Even with crappy insurance, if you have enough to go to Florida for a week, you have enough to pay out of pocket for a second opinion. Even if the plane tickets were under a hundred each, in the end, what they spent to go would of equaled the cost of an appointment. Also, being pushy with their doctor would of helped. Sometimes you have to be very adamant about things or doctors won't listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”