NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

tmarieme
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Unread post by tmarieme »

dnbunny wrote:Also! I've heard him talk to him mom / grandma predominately in Spanish. If you go back in early vlogs he talks about how his family only speaks Spanish at home, and kyra mentions that it makes her uncomfortable as she doesn't know what they're saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this wasn't the post this was brought up on but I havent figured out how to only quote a part
Anyway it's so interesting that you said that he probably doesn't read Spanish well but can speak it perfectly. As someone who learned Spanish later I can read it pretty well but can't speak or even understand it the best. I mean it makes sense since those who are brought up in a different language than most of the country the country speaks mostly learn to speak rather than grammar but it's still interesting.
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

mac-n-cheese wrote:
Emcee wrote:Spanish is my first language as well, I didn't learn English until I was 14. I have no accent when I speak English and I don't "slip" into an accent. Oscar and Kyra are doing it on purpose. I don't even see how anyone can even believe it's because Oscar's first language is Spanish. They're just trying to be cute but it's annoying as hell.

Hahahaha it's actually making me laugh people think this dumb accent is real...

I've never heard a Spanish speaking person say

" oh da Bogus geeve meee sum keeeeesses! Yew juss need a babas"
Hahahahaha
LMFAO!!! This ^^^
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Is she serious about having savings for the next 5yrs? Why do they spend so frugally? Shop decor from dollar store, think twice before buying toys/curtains, sell buggy's car seat, buying clothes. Forget luxury they don't spend on bare necessities. Why?
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

They finally got a new car seat though! Kudos?

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Why sell Levi's car seat when they're having another baby. (I haven't watched the vlog yet so they might have said in there) It just makes no sense to me.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I can't believe she is going to try and sell the old car seat, I'm not against re-selling stuff but considering that Buggy has had spoiled milk, exploded diapers and I have never seen them clean it is probably awful.
laesterschwester
Talker
Talker

Unread post by laesterschwester »

They should put it up on EBay... Their stupid bug buddies would probably even pay twice the retail price for it - from their savings, aka their pocket money, from the last 5 years.

"OMG I OWN A POOPED STAINED, ROTTEN MILK DRAINED CAR SEAT!!!!!!! NOW I CAN FINALLY HAVE A KID AND IT WILL BE AS CUTE AS BUGGYYYYY" - BugBuddy2003
addyrs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by addyrs »

I'm not sure how well Oscar speaks Spanish. I'm sure he understands it perfectly but he doesn't seem comfortable speaking it at all. That's just what I've observed in the vlogs. And as far as I've observed he has absolutely no accent in English, sounds completely American. I think that accent is just that weird accent he and Kyra like to use. It's really strange and really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

He is 100% fluent in Spanish. I've heard him speak it on younow and for the most part his pronunciation is completely accurate. The thing he gets tripped up on is reading but that's to be expected as most of us fluent in Spanish by first language rarely learned proper grammar. They're speaking in a Spanish accent with their i's by turning them into the Spanish sounding ee's. It's not Russian, they're just fooling around. However, I think it's borderline racist / offensive for kyra who is a white girl mimicking a Spanish accent when she shows zero knowledge of the culture and has even said she doesn't care if Levi learns Spanish. (Idiot)

IMG_0260.JPG
Ahhh!!! It is NOT RACIST!!!!! Nothing Kyra does could ever be considered as racist!! She does not think she's better than Oscar because she's white and he's Mexican. Even if she did do things similar to Mexican culture, couldn't that mean that she just simply likes it? Why is it considered "racist" because she is a white girl?

I don't believe that they are talking in a "Spanish" accent because that's the way Oscar naturally talks, they say weird words in weird ways because just like someone else said...they're weird!!

I'm sorry, I live in the US and right now the word "racist" gets thrown around so freely that I don't even know if people truly know what the word means. It's a very strong word with a lot of consequences. It seems like nowadays, anytime someone disagrees with another person, they are automatically called a racist. I may not agree with even 10% of what Kyra does but she is definitely not a racist. Immature yes, thinks she's superior, no! If anything she lacks self esteem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Actually, racism can be defined by a variety of things. It's not black and white. Until you've experienced racism or discrimination it's unfair to "define" what it means. It's not up to you to decide for a person of color what racism means... anyway, By appropriating someone's culture, or speaking in an animated/false accent it turns that culture into a caricature! It comes across as having disregard for that culture. Regardless of the accent they're trying to do, it's just weird and unnecessary. Most people have common sense to not walk around insulting other people's cultures. I'm obviously not going to go around talking in a "Chinese" accent because I think it's funny or cute. It's rude and insulting.

I'm telling you, as someone ALSO born in Mexico, ALSO having Spanish as a first language. That "accent" they're play speaking in is, in fact, Spanish. I can understand why Oscar sometimes speaks that way as it is natural to pronounce i's as ee's. I don't always do it, but sometimes slip into it subconsciously. Kyra mimics it because she's around Oscar who does it constantly lol. I never said she was racist... I'm just offended she thinks it's okay when it's not.

Very true. I'm taking an anthropology class right now and we just covered race.
A very important line: "You can have racism without any racists."
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

dnbunny wrote:
rottiemama wrote:
dnbunny wrote:
He is 100% fluent in Spanish. I've heard him speak it on younow and for the most part his pronunciation is completely accurate. The thing he gets tripped up on is reading but that's to be expected as most of us fluent in Spanish by first language rarely learned proper grammar. They're speaking in a Spanish accent with their i's by turning them into the Spanish sounding ee's. It's not Russian, they're just fooling around. However, I think it's borderline racist / offensive for kyra who is a white girl mimicking a Spanish accent when she shows zero knowledge of the culture and has even said she doesn't care if Levi learns Spanish. (Idiot)

IMG_0260.JPG
Ahhh!!! It is NOT RACIST!!!!! Nothing Kyra does could ever be considered as racist!! She does not think she's better than Oscar because she's white and he's Mexican. Even if she did do things similar to Mexican culture, couldn't that mean that she just simply likes it? Why is it considered "racist" because she is a white girl?

I don't believe that they are talking in a "Spanish" accent because that's the way Oscar naturally talks, they say weird words in weird ways because just like someone else said...they're weird!!

I'm sorry, I live in the US and right now the word "racist" gets thrown around so freely that I don't even know if people truly know what the word means. It's a very strong word with a lot of consequences. It seems like nowadays, anytime someone disagrees with another person, they are automatically called a racist. I may not agree with even 10% of what Kyra does but she is definitely not a racist. Immature yes, thinks she's superior, no! If anything she lacks self esteem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually, racism can be defined by a variety of things. It's not black and white. Until you've experienced racism or discrimination it's unfair to "define" what it means. It's not up to you to decide for a person of color what racism means... anyway, By appropriating someone's culture, or speaking in an animated/false accent it turns that culture into a caricature! It comes across as having disregard for that culture. Regardless of the accent they're trying to do, it's just weird and unnecessary. Most people have common sense to not walk around insulting other people's cultures. I'm obviously not going to go around talking in a "Chinese" accent because I think it's funny or cute. It's rude and insulting.

I'm telling you, as someone ALSO born in Mexico, ALSO having Spanish as a first language. That "accent" they're play speaking in is, in fact, Spanish. I can understand why Oscar sometimes speaks that way as it is natural to pronounce i's as ee's. I don't always do it, but sometimes slip into it subconsciously. Kyra mimics it because she's around Oscar who does it constantly lol. I never said she was racist... I'm just offended she thinks it's okay when it's not.

I might be wrong but aren't you the same person who said that you've emailed Kyra several times with parenting suggestions and then earlier this week because of some things being said on here? Why don't you just shoot her an email and let her know how you feel. I'm sure the last thing she wants to do is offend any of her viewers so if her "mimicking" an accent bothers you, let her know. I'm sure she'll be more than receptive. Image

Also, I'm not sure why you would say it's "unfair for me to define what racism" means unless I've experienced it. I didn't know you could find out so much about a person's life based on a few posts to a gossip site.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Whateverumean wrote:Is she serious about having savings for the next 5yrs? Why do they spend so frugally? Shop decor from dollar store, think twice before buying toys/curtains, sell buggy's car seat, buying clothes. Forget luxury they don't spend on bare necessities. Why?
I feel like this is all Oscar's fault. I remember on one vlog when they were at Target (again) she had to basically beg Oscar to buy Levi some pajamas, and those are the ones Levi has been using now. Same with the toys, she bought him the instruments, but you could tell Oscar was not impressed at first. It's like Oscar feels it's unnecessary to buy certain things unless they're cameras or things HE wants. And whenever Kyra does buy something for herself, like the candles or things for Levi he basically says she's wasting money. And I think they said Oscar was in charge of the finances so I guess he feels entitled to the money, even tho the vlog is not his. That's just the feeling I get.
Oh! I remember they said they set aside money every month for things and the rest goes to their savings account and they're not allowed to touch that, so if they waste the money they set aside for things, then they have to wait till the next paycheck to buy things. It's really weird.
hayleymareeisabetch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hayleymareeisabetch »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO TAYLER IS?! I need to internet stalk this person!
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I reckon oscar will be as ocd and perfectionist with money as he is with his diet and with editing the vlogs.

Return to “OKBaby”