Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

DailyFirstWorldProblems (Part 73)

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Part 72: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=9905
Title credit: msrubeus

Previously:
-Huge waste of money errr I mean chicken coop premiered
-More work on the album, apparently including Missy and Ollie singing (*cough flop album cough*)
-Whoring themselves out for votes for the Streamy Awards
-Missy finally uploaded Finn's birth story and it was worse than we thought mostly because Missy's a narcissist
-Ollie's speech is getting better-ish
-Finn is still in onesies
-Karma who?

Continue.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFirstWorldProblems (Part 73)

Unread post by cats-or-die »

xoxo gossip cat
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I really want the cloud lamp because I LOVE thunderstorms but HOLY COW the price.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I really want the cloud lamp because I LOVE thunderstorms but HOLY COW the price.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I don't see the discipline chart working, they are NEVER consistent on anything plus Ollie gets a new flipping toy every time they go out so I don't see how working towards a "prize" is going to work! I hope they prove me wrong but I just can't see it happening.
jls07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jls07 »

I don't think we'll EVER hear about this discipline chart again.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

This is kind of off topic but the thread title made me think to post... Bryan and Missy have no idea how good they have it.

Here's a link to a family that popped up in my suggested box. They are vloggers and their son has been fighting neuroblastoma (a nasty, horrible cancer) for 6 years and has recently been put on hospice. I just spent an hour binge watching them and sobbing along with this poor mother.

It really puts things in to perspective. This or something equally as tragic could happen to anyone of us, including Bryan and Missy. I wish they'd learn to show some more appreciation for their amazing lifestyle and healthy boys instead of complaining about "first world problem" after problem and acting like they have it so hard....

Anyways (personal plug), I'm a big childhood cancer education advocate and September is childhood cancer awareness month so if you have a chance you should head over to their channel and check things out. It's heartbreaking but very eye opening and important. The channel name is Moms Vlog80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmenjivar88
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jmenjivar88 »

Omg I was thinking the same thing! That damn chart is way too complicated & Ollie is such a spoiled brat! & why is it they have so much screen time for him than fin? I feel so bad for him :( & who the hell has cameras in a chicken coop?! They are going to be dirt broke here pretty soon.

jmenjivar88
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jmenjivar88 »

& also I watched her birth blog on Finley & she blamed the hospital for EVERYTHING! she was the one that did everything she could to keep the doctors from delivering him quickly! Her water was broken for way past 24 hours & he was uncomfortable & in a weird position so it's her fault he was in so much pain & swollen! She pissed me off!

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

I sometimes watch the Johsnon family vlogs - and I have to say Natalia is a great mom! She takes the time to speak to her kids and include them in fun at home activities - unlike Missy who shoves her toddler in front of the tv with a frozen tv dinner so she can play on her phone!! Natalia was already doing the discipline system because it was in her vlog last week - looks like something Missy saw and jumped right on it "let's do this together..kayyy?"

Missy doesn't do anything in that house - she is seen on her phone more than bonding with her kids! Also - she knows Bryan will never help with the chickens so she probably tells him to do more with the kids so she can handle that!

When you have 2 stay at home parents - who don't do anything but piss money away at Target and eat fatty burritos all day - why can't you prepare healthy meals at home for each other? I love when they show Finn eating a carrot and Ollie with his "sucker" or "frozen pancakes" - that kid should be put on a shelf in a grocery store because his stomach contains the same chemicals you would find in a twinkie!!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I would be hesitant to use that discipline chart on young children because they might be inclined to interpret the cards as "good" or "bad". If they have a black card at the end of the day that means they have been bad that day. I know it's not intended to be that way, but children think in black-and-white terms and it might hurt their self-esteem. The cotton ball system by itself might be a better idea, so they have a visual of all the good things they've done and instead of being told they're "bad" if they don't have a lot of cotton balls, they can simply be encouraged to do more good.

Ollie is definitely not going to understand the system at all and it'll be pointless.
MTcutie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MTcutie »

As a teacher we were taught to create behavior games that reward good behavior and ignore bad behavior. Children respond much better when you point out the good. Like if I had two students talking in class I won't call them out for it. Instead I'd make it a point to say that kind you to each student doing what they're supposed to be doing. 100% of the time the talking students would stop because they wanted to be complimented in front of their friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

It's weird to me that she and Tal had the same rules verbatim. I understand some rules are just basic but wouldn't there be some things that needed to be different? Like one of Ollie's should have included being kind to all their pets, or not running around the pool area.. IDK, maybe i'm nit picking but it just seemed like there was so much room for customizing those rules but it seems like they couldn't think of rules on their own...
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

Missy is delusional. I've had six kids (oldest over twenty) and they are turning out pretty great if I do say so myself. Negative discipline is quickly done and over fast. And positive behaviour has praise poured all over it with the occasional surprise treat. The other stuff gets confusing for kids.
Also lots of time. Talking and having fun. Missy and Brian are too self absorbed to bother.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LumpyDays wrote:Missy is delusional. I've had six kids (oldest over twenty) and they are turning out pretty great if I do say so myself. Negative discipline is quickly done and over fast. And positive behaviour has praise poured all over it with the occasional surprise treat. The other stuff gets confusing for kids.
Also lots of time. Talking and having fun. Missy and Brian are too self absorbed to bother.
Right. Remember how Missy went on and on about that stupid puzzle? But it's also going to be confusing for Ollie because sometimes they encourage him to act out-- pushing mom into the pool, shooting Jeff. Or they just laugh at it, which is also encouraging it. I still think Bryan put Ollie up to trashing the puzzle. It was too suspicious the way Missy was talking about it and how pleased she was with it, then "oh, no! Ollie messed it up!"
On another topic, I don't get why they make fruit and vegetables for Finn and don't (at least on the vlogs) even put them in front of Ollie to try. It's so weird. Because they did the BLW with Finn, he eats totally differently than Ollie. Although, I have seen some Uncrustables on his tray too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Finally sitting down to watch a vlog for the first time in a while (my recaps of previous topics are based off board discussion):

-Bryan, don't encourage Finn to hand you a pan and then tell him "this has to stop" when he's pulling out pans. DUH...
-Surprise, Finn is already getting overshadowed by Ollie with the birthday parties...#NoPoolPartyForFinleyBye
-Missy planning a second party along with Finn's...her birthday, maybe? And she's "SO excited" about it, bet it will be tons better than poor Finn's first birthday.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, that whole thing with the pans was annoying. Get a cabinet lock if you don't want him playing with the pans. But he isn't hurting anything.
It's 100 degrees out, and she's making soup?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

So Bryans healthy eating, cooked and delivered to the door meals didn't last long did they???

Why not make Ollie sit up there with the rest of the family to eat?

You're right, I was out that way yesterday and it was close to 100 degrees there. Soup? Really?

So when they wonder why their propane tank runs out again could it be from letting a pan simmer on the stove all day just so the house will smell good.

**btw. Perfect title for this thread now.

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Someone asked what Missy ate. The answer always seems to be chicken and carbs! You know chicken, like her pets.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Ha! She's giving the chickens the extra veggies she didn't use in the recipe. I eat meat, but don't have any of the animals as pets. :lol:

Return to “Daily Bumps”