Cullen and Katie: Family of Four Pt #6

hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Family of Four Pt #6

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

lmmomSD wrote:Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. I know that they don't really promote the PO Box, but I have always thought it's weird to send stuff to people I don't really know who have more money than me. But showing stuff that they've been sent encourages people to send more. They usually do a non monetized video thanking people, right? I can't remember the term-- private? I admit, they handle it pretty well. But people sending all the personalized stuff makes it hard to donate.Image

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I think that picture was set up, in the vlog I'd didn't look like that much. I think it's nice they do an unlisted video and thank everyone. I just wonder if they will ever close it. They seem well off, I don't think they really NEED any of the stuff they get sent. Honestly to me they seem like they would be nice friends to have, but I don't think I could ever see myself mailing them anything.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I think of all YouTubers that have PO boxes, they handle it the best. They thank everyone for sending them things, and you can see that they use the stuff in the vlogs. I don't have a problem with sending people stuff unless they start asking for things when they obviously have more than enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I definitely agree that they handle it the best. I do have an issue with all the monogramming because it makes it really hard to donate, but I guess that's a regional thing, and it's just the way Katie was raised. I was just wondering what y'all thought. "Unlisted"-- thanks. I was going crazy trying to remember what they called it. I'm BDFM-- Brain Dead From Motherhood.

Itsjess2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Itsjess2 »

Where can I watch their PO Box videos?
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

It doesn't bother me that they have PO Boxes, exactly. I think it can be a fun way of taking viewer interaction to the "real" world, particularly for those viewers who live far away and may never run into vloggers at Target, during conferences that cost money, etc.

I have watched some of C&K's PO Box hauls and they're really very sweet. They've acknowledged long letters people have written, wished viewers well on surgeries and such, showed pictures kids drew for them, and given shout-outs to the blogs or social media accounts of people who wrote them. Most of the gifts were not extravagant. Some bows and hair bands for MG, monograms (mostly from people pimping their Etsy shops), and products the viewers found useful such as ergo-swaddles. Accumulated, it winds up being a lot per year or whatever, but I haven't really seen any individual viewers sending C&K extravagant gifts. Most people seem to understand that they are well off anyway.

But I have a serious problem with other vloggers keeping the PO Boxes open. Remember all the stuff subscribers sent DB for Ollie's first nursery? Much of it was handmade, and they remodeled the nursery pretty quickly thereafter. I have to imagine viewers send tons of stuff for poor Jackson and Calvin, but it's never publicly acknowledged and I doubt the boys get most of it. Jared was able to pull out a gift from a viewer to cheer Jackson up when Ellie basically ruined Christmas by giving him pillows, so we know they're getting stuff. Bonnie has shown PO box stuff a few times, with a viewer recently having sent clothes for her boys. And we know Ruby gets packages. She let the kids have one that contained candy and a few small toys. I'm sure she gets a LOT more though, because her cheap nature makes it seem like the family is struggling, and nobody likes to see kids do without. That's my main beef with the Griffiths sisters maintaining PO Boxes - It seems disingenuous, because to varying degrees they all "act" poor (though they are not by any means), which probably results in a lot of packages. And of course, they are such "simple" people that they wouldn't want their kids "overwhelmed" with gifts, so the kids likely don't get most of them anyway.

I personally don't usually feel the need to send anything to any YTer. The exception to that is Ruby, who I hate - if I were better off financially and certain they would actually receive anything I sent, I might be tempted to give her kids some stuff. But I'm not, so eh. I do like watching C&K PO Box hauls though. I think they're sweet.

On another note - C&K have been on YT for a long time, and I was thinking today while watching the vlog that they don't give off that "burned out" vibe that we get from the other main family bloggers we discuss here. They're still pleased to be vlogging, thrilled to be home with their kids, excited about milestones. It is a nice breath of fresh air, as watching some of the others I get the feeling they think of recording as an odious chore.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I honestly think that they're not burned out because they are true to themselves. Being fake is what leads to burnout, I think.
Thanks for the input on the PO boxes.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Itsjess2 wrote:Where can I watch their PO Box videos?
They are all unlisted so it's hard to know when they posted them. They usually post a "secret" link in the vlog the day they do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

They always seem really grateful and not greedy at all. They are still really down to earth.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Itsjess2 wrote:Where can I watch their PO Box videos?
I found some just searching YouTube: "cullen and katie po box haul". Some of the videos it pulls up are clearly titled mail hauls. Others have different titles and thumbnails, but potentially could also include mail stuff, I'm not sure. I've only watched a few of the obvious ones.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Because CK use so many of the things that are sent to them, I've never seen an issue with viewers sending them packages. I don't have a problem with them getting monogrammed stuff either. Katie would be buying it anyway, so what's the difference if the kids grow out of monogrammed clothes she purchased or one's a viewer sent to them?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tgo93 wrote:I know a family whose blog I read used the three-day-method for both their kids really successfully - they posted about it with the first one herehttp://thespohrsaremultiplying.com/fami ... z4LmtF8mev (warning: if you go into the living with loss tag you will end up crying, they have had some awful stuff happen to them) BUT they potty trained their kids around the time they turned 3, not right after they turned 2. While Gaines does seem ready to some extent I think they are pushing this method a bit early for it to fully work the way it is supposed to
I follow the Spohrs as well!! They really have had some horrible things happen to them. Breaks my heart..
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

LOVED their q and a... ESP the end part where they talk about parenting decisions etc.
they are so down to earth... I wish other vloggers were more like them.... Cough cough won't mention names

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Katie had me rolling talking about sneaking AllieCat too Cullen's first apartment. LOL
i had no idea they were both so short, my Cullen Crush is dampened by the fact that hes only 5'9 :lol:
I liked the response about the hate comments, shows their maturity.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Q&As bore me so I skipped through a lot of it, but definitely loved their thoughts on "haters". Some people have no tact but DO have genuine concerns, and I love that they get that.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

I liked it, and agree they have the right attitude about commenters generally. Feels like I am actually watching a pair of adults. :D
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Ugh. Seriously Cullen? He can't really think DB deserve to win that award. Why does he feel the need to kiss their asses? They barely said anything when Brooks was born, just sent that onesie that Katie will never let see the light of day. I don't think they said anything when it was Gaines' birthday either. And by retweeting Cullen's tweet about voting for DB, she just voted for herself.

CK announce they are doing a Q&A and the next day Missy posts for people to submit questions for a Holiday Q&A. I'm sure she came up with the idea all on her own. :roll: She can't find the time to do monthly updates about Finn like she did with Ollie, but she can find the time to do a Q&A. I predict Christmas will be an advent calendar in which Ollie gets all the candy from it, Ollie gets toys every day, then more toys than a child needs, Finn gets a few things which Ollie will claim as his, and they'll get Cassie to try and dress up as the elf again. My dislike for the Bryanapple and Missy is at an all time high right now, can you tell? lol
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Lol and people are always talking about how C&K throw shade and are just friends with DB for business. Face it, with that level of voting dedication Cullen thinks they're besties.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

just_me wrote:Image

Ugh. Seriously Cullen? He can't really think DB deserve to win that award. Why does he feel the need to kiss their asses? They barely said anything when Brooks was born, just sent that onesie that Katie will never let see the light of day. I don't think they said anything when it was Gaines' birthday either. And by retweeting Cullen's tweet about voting for DB, she just voted for herself.

CK announce they are doing a Q&A and the next day Missy posts for people to submit questions for a Holiday Q&A. I'm sure she came up with the idea all on her own. :roll: She can't find the time to do monthly updates about Finn like she did with Ollie, but she can find the time to do a Q&A. I predict Christmas will be an advent calendar in which Ollie gets all the candy from it, Ollie gets toys every day, then more toys than a child needs, Finn gets a few things which Ollie will claim as his, and they'll get Cassie to try and dress up as the elf again. My dislike for the Bryanapple and Missy is at an all time high right now, can you tell? lol
Imagine what would happen if C&K were up against the Lumps in a contest like this... I have a feeling the friendship would come too a screeching halt... and not bc of C&K.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This makes me want to make up a bunch of accounts and vote for anyone but the Lumps. Why does Cullen have his nose so firmly up Bryan's ass? He is so much better than that!

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Lol and people are always talking about how C&K throw shade and are just friends with DB for business. Face it, with that level of voting dedication Cullen thinks they're besties.
I never understand this. They're clearly friends. Not fake Youtube friends for views. I don't think C&K have ever thrown shade toward them. They love them. C&K will want to be friends with them when Youtube is over. C&K and E&J are the only friends that B&M don't have to pay to be around them. Deep down I think Bryan appreciates that. Other Youtubers haven't always been friendly toward them. Not too long ago I watched a vlog from the lumps where they met The Nive Nulls for the first time. I almost felt bad for them because Bryan was trying so hard to be Austin's friend. Austin's attitude toward him wasn't the greatest. At the time the Nulls were bigger and growing faster than the Lumps. Everyone use to accuse the lumps of trying to use Austin to get to Shay, but I honestly think Austin was cold toward Bryan because he's an asshole in general. Anyways, The B&M may not the most pleasant people to watch, but C&K see something in them. Their friendship is genuine.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”