• Advertisement

E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:41 am

tratra58 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Calvin is getting cuter! His neck is straightening a little and he is looking less like a baby and more like a little boy. His teeth though are so bad. I have never seen a toddler with teeth this bad. [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161005/f5c39360eb1506e26fb632ae012a8a64.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teeth have a heredity component and Jared in an earlier vlog talked about how he had some issues with teeth growing up. The vlog spoke to how he was concerned with Calvin's teeth that were coming in with the back teeth coming in first...if I remember correctly this one detail. Jared asked his dad if it bothered him having problems with teeth growing up and his dad said yes it did. I felt bad for Jared who endured this and the good thing is with modern dentistry they can fix this in Calvin's future.

I don't know if a pacifier makes it worst. I think Jared is good about recognizing health issues and will be proactive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jared is good at recognizing issues, though I disagree about him being proactive. He can only get Calvin help when Ellie agrees. If it turns out the paci ruined Cal's bite (which is a real danger), then Ellie will stick her head in the sand and refuse to deal with it just like the neck issue. Just because there is a "fix" for Calvin's teeth doesn't mean he will get it necessarily.

The Mechams seem to have always put their children's needs ahead of their own. Cal and Jackson are being raised more in line with the Griffith model, where new homes were more important than orthodontics (or letting your children have their own winter coat).
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby tratra58 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:10 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Calvin is getting cuter! His neck is straightening a little and he is looking less like a baby and more like a little boy. His teeth though are so bad. I have never seen a toddler with teeth this bad. [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161005/f5c39360eb1506e26fb632ae012a8a64.png[/img]

Teeth have a heredity component and Jared in an earlier vlog talked about how he had some issues with teeth growing up. The vlog spoke to how he was concerned with Calvin's teeth that were coming in with the back teeth coming in first...if I remember correctly this one detail. Jared asked his dad if it bothered him having problems with teeth growing up and his dad said yes it did. I felt bad for Jared who endured this and the good thing is with modern dentistry they can fix this in Calvin's future.

I don't know if a pacifier makes it worst. I think Jared is good about recognizing health issues and will be proactive.

Jared is good at recognizing issues, though I disagree about him being proactive. He can only get Calvin help when Ellie agrees. If it turns out the paci ruined Cal's bite (which is a real danger), then Ellie will stick her head in the sand and refuse to deal with it just like the neck issue. Just because there is a "fix" for Calvin's teeth doesn't mean he will get it necessarily.

The Mechams seem to have always put their children's needs ahead of their own. Cal and Jackson are being raised more in line with the Griffith model, where new homes were more important than orthodontics (or letting your children have their own winter coat).

The vlog was 'Strange Baby Teeth' where Jared recognizes how his teeth are coming in not as they generally do with babies.

I do like the Mechams and how nice Jared's parents now live close to them.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper

Postby gymchick43 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:07 am

Just because Calvin whines and throws more of a tantrum for what he wants doesn't mean he has a bad personality. Maybe I'm taking it personal lol because I don't spoil my 16 months old and holy f*ck if I have my phone out and hide it from her or take anything away it's an all out war. Lol I'm trying really hard to work on it and not give in. Jackson was sweet and quiet and shy- many kids can have that personality, but it can also be boring lol. We can't judge at 16 months that a child is going to be Whiney, it's just the age right now. Maybe they will be outspoken, funny and confident. Lol idk. I feel bad judging a child's personality under 2 lol

Also pray for me and figuring out how to handle my stubborn child lol
gymchick43
Guru Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 am

gymchick43 wrote:Just because Calvin whines and throws more of a tantrum for what he wants doesn't mean he has a bad personality. Maybe I'm taking it personal lol because I don't spoil my 16 months old and holy f*ck if I have my phone out and hide it from her or take anything away it's an all out war. Lol I'm trying really hard to work on it and not give in. Jackson was sweet and quiet and shy- many kids can have that personality, but it can also be boring lol. We can't judge at 16 months that a child is going to be Whiney, it's just the age right now. Maybe they will be outspoken, funny and confident. Lol idk. I feel bad judging a child's personality under 2 lol

Like I said, I do feel bad, and realize it's not entirely fair to dislike Cal. Tons of strong-willed little ones grow into people of excellent character. And in the real world, when I see a child tantrumming, I feel sorry for the parents. Something about these Griffiths weirdos just brings out the worst in me.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 am

Sorry, DP
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:04 am

gymchick43 wrote:Just because Calvin whines and throws more of a tantrum for what he wants doesn't mean he has a bad personality. Maybe I'm taking it personal lol because I don't spoil my 16 months old and holy f*ck if I have my phone out and hide it from her or take anything away it's an all out war. Lol I'm trying really hard to work on it and not give in. Jackson was sweet and quiet and shy- many kids can have that personality, but it can also be boring lol. We can't judge at 16 months that a child is going to be Whiney, it's just the age right now. Maybe they will be outspoken, funny and confident. Lol idk. I feel bad judging a child's personality under 2 lol

I fee you. I have a stubborn little guy too who I need to pick my battles with or it's all out war. His brother was more of a people pleaser, so this is new to me! Know what the difference is though? I still set rules and limits, and don't devote my undivided attention to him at the expense of his brother. Nature definitely plays a part in personality, but so does nurture. I think it's the nurture that helps make up for a strong personality, and that turns them into fully functioning, empathetic adults. If Ellie continues to raise Cal the way she is, she's going to turn him into someone like her or Bryan (or Eve). That's what I find truly unbearable. Can she turn it around? Absolutely! Though I doubt she will.

I don't think anyone has a problem with his natural personality, but more the entitled brat he's showing signs of turning into. My son is stubborn and strong-willed too, but that makes it all the more important that I challenge him so he's not obnoxious when he's older. I think most of us can recognize the difference between stubborn and spoiled. You also seem to recognize your daughter can be challenging... Calvin is considered a special snowflake
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby workfromhomemom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:19 am

I am one that originally said it and I still think Grandma Great gets annoyed with the camera. I think she tolerates it for him, but she she's never been rude to him. Can you imagine getting filmed the minute you see someone?
workfromhomemom
Gossiper

Postby nutbagmcgee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:42 am

Ellie makes Calvin unbearable. He would be ok if she wasn't so god damn annoying with him. The world revolves around Calvin and Jackson is in the corner hitting himself for attention.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby snailmadge » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:02 am

I just lurk mostly and agree with mostly everything this board discusses, but personally I think dissing a one year old for being whiny and annoying is a bit much :/

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
snailmadge
Amateur

Postby LydiaE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:10 am

There's no shortage of whiny and annoying one-year-olds in the world.
LydiaE
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:09 am

chachismemories1 wrote:I am going to be a little nice. I did like the pink skirt with the flowy top tucked in (although it did need a little more tidy tucking) I loved all the shoes and the grey necklace. but that's about it. I wouldn't pay this lady to dress me. I am sorry but everything else made no sense. the top that she was wearing herself was so silly looking on her. like she was talking about how women in their 30's 40's shouldn't wear a choker?!?! um that top should only be worn by a 5 year old!!!!

And another point about the women in their 30's or 40's shouldnt wear chokers comment... UMMMM... does that rule not apply to her? Bc she looks like shes pushing 40 herself, or maybe shes just a horrible ager and that hair cut is just making her look like shes 40..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby taylortot1501 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:37 pm

The part with Jackson riding the bike by himself was super cute.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
taylortot1501
Talker

Postby Pency » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 pm

I have no snark about today's vlog (well, maybe Ellie'/ hat...) The whole vlog was so cute. Jared was so genuinely proud and Jackson is such a sweet kid.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Carolina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 pm

My hearth... Go Jackson! Jared was so genuinely proud. It was a great blog.

Carolina
Amateur

Postby Carolina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 pm

My hearth... Go Jackson! Jared was so genuinely proud. It was a great blog.

Carolina
Amateur

Postby liz749 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:55 pm

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/95123246d2bb7956e58d7d39781f041e.png[/img]

Bonnie had the same sort of thing where a section of the cabinets jetted out farther than the rest. I'm not a fan, I think all cabinets flush together lucks nicer. Jared better watch his hips, I can totally imagine running straight into that corner in the dark! She said on twitter she went for a plum shower curtain. I'm glad she chose a color. I'm all for gray scale but this house needs it!

Also I agree, today's vlog was adorable. Jackson is so darn cute and I couldn't help but feel so proud of him. The strider/balance bikes are pretty amazing.

liz749
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:03 pm

liz749 wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/95123246d2bb7956e58d7d39781f041e.png[/img]

Bonnie had the same sort of thing where a section of the cabinets jetted out farther than the rest. I'm not a fan, I think all cabinets flush together lucks nicer. Jared better watch his hips, I can totally imagine running straight into that corner in the dark! She said on twitter she went for a plum shower curtain. I'm glad she chose a color. I'm all for gray scale but this house needs it!

Also I agree, today's vlog was adorable. Jackson is so darn cute and I couldn't help but feel so proud of him. The strider/balance bikes are pretty amazing.

Someone mentioned Bonnie had a piece that jutted out because it was a corner and they thought she had to in order to open a cupboard. I prefer a flush look too. I see no reason why you'd choose to have the centre part sticking out farther.

I'm glad Ellie is picking out a colour for the curtain, but I don't actually like the idea of plum with that counter top. I would find something with some blue or green if it were my design.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby princesseggbert » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Ellie is posting on Anna Saccone Jolys instagram. Hmmm.
princesseggbert
Amateur

Postby alym0326 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 pm

If I remember correctly I believe Ellie said the piece coming out was done accidentally. I think it was the vlog when they saw the laundry room cabinets that this was said.

ETA: but I agree, it bumping out looks odd to me. I don't like it.

alym0326
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 pm

alym0326 wrote:If I remember correctly I believe Ellie said the piece coming out was done accidentally. I think it was the vlog when they saw the laundry room cabinets that this was said.

ETA: but I agree, it bumping out looks odd to me. I don't like it.

Of all the things she's bitched about, that's one that I wouldn't be able to let go. Not unless it was a substantial saving, but even then I'd be picky. It takes up extra space in that already small bathroom IMO.

But I went back and watched and it she says "he ended up doing it for us which was very nice." It looks like they have a similar design to Bonnie's around the stove and I think he made the bathroom design match. I don't get it...

Below is a picture I tried to take of the cabinets they saw in their kitchen, and a picture of the design Bonnie went with. I think they both have the same part that juts out.
[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/8358f262f0a47707f967fe205d368a47.png[/img][img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/066df1ad8b0dcdf88f895e4856b6afdb.png[/img]
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby kiwimumof-5 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:41 pm

I have had three laid back, placid kids (though my eldest is making up for it at 14 with some terrifying hormonal moments)
Then I had my fourth, never have I fought the urge to pull the finger behind someones back as I have since she became a toddler.
Stubborn, headstrong, defiant, strong willed. Everyone says it will serve her well as an adult. I say "whatevs, you dont have to put up with her"
I have a fifth baby and shes showing signs of the same behaviour, god help me.
Anyway this,was a long novel to answer how to cope with your daughter and the answer is
Wine.
And some more wine
All. The. Wine

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
kiwimumof-5
Informer

Postby just_me » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 am

Kitchen, bathroom, wherever, if I had cabinets coming out at different widths/lengths I would run into them daily and just be bruised 24/7. It's an interesting look, but it doesn't look functional.
just_me
Gossiper

Postby sun88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 am

Hello everyone, I am new here and this will be my 2nd post.

My thoughts:
I generally don't think they dress their boys horribly ..but what happened at their family picture?
Nothing works together, every outfit looks ahem- definitely not good- especially the combination of all the outfits together.

I read that some people hope they wouldn't have any kids within the next 3-4 years.
Guys, they are mormons!
They will definitely have 4-5 kids. They might take a 1-2 year break now and start trying again (It could take forever since the first one wasn't easy).
I bet they don't wait a total of 2 years.

Calvins neck:
I honestly don't know if that happens because your parents made a mistake?
Honestly, as much as I read about them here..I don´t think they are bad parents. Do they make mistakes? Sure. We all do..but it isn't recorded ;)
I think they try their best.
sun88
Amateur

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 am

liz749 wrote:

I would have a permanent bruise on my thigh/hip from that mess. lol. I'm so clumsy and stagger around like a drunk person when i get up at night to pee. No need for extra hazards lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:45 am

Jackson was adorable in yesterday's vlog. When he realized he was getting a new bike and was SO excited for it was just the cutest. Super proud of that sweet boy for doing so well! It's amazing how well those balance bikes help kids learn! HE'S TWO!!! Wish i would have gotten one of those for my daughter!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared