StillNotOKBaby: Part 5

Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: StillNotOKBaby: Part 5

Unread post by Ambrosia »

We have an air vent in our master walk in closet. Maybe they do too? I can see why they might put him in there when they have guests but I think they really need to go buy the shades they want for his room and get him into the routine of sleeping in his room. I know they like to save money but sometimes it's okay to spend a little to get things for your household.
amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

So I've been watching OKbaby for a very long time now . Ever since they got bigger and bigger on YouTube and started making good money they have changed SO MUCH it blows my mind . . First of all their vlogs aren't personal anymore and it's annoying . I feel like Oscar takes over the vlogs now and controls the vlogs and he tries to make the vlogs into his Casey neistat style which is super annoying because this is a FAMILY CHANNEL NOT YOUR PERSONAL CHANNEL. If you wanna copy Casey make your own channel.. this way we can enjoy watching Kyra at home doing normal things with Levi that's what the majority of the BUG buddies wanna watch anyways ! Not him doing dumb shit all day like skate boarding and flying your drone . It's fun sometimes but other times it's over kill. In the comment section when the vlogs are NORMAL and at home and personal all the comments are positive saying how much they MISS THESE TYPES OF VLOGS .. and they STILL DONT LISTEN AND DONT CARE . Kyra and Oscar wake up at 4pm .. which is super irresponsible when you have a BABY. They need to have a SCHEDULE WHERE THEY WAKE UP EARLY . And if Oscar edits in the morning then guess what?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! KYRAAAAAAA CAN VLOGGG. Wow how easy is that?! lol. They just moved into their new apartment and seriously it's EMPTY . They have NO FURNITURE FOR LEVI .. they have him sleep in a FUCKING CLOSET ?! Don't even get me started on that . SUPER SUPER DANGEROUS . NOOOO air circulation and very very stuffy ; not good for Levi at all . He has no curtains with all the money you make BUY DAMN CURTAINS it's that simple !! My God . You go to target and Walmart everyday just pick some up!! Before my son was born that's the FIRST THING I DID FOR HIM! The thing that blows my mind is they wanna move into a HOUSE LMAO. They can't even fill up the apartment with furniture or decorate it .. how the hell are u gonna move into a house. ! It will most likely be EMPTY . And the way levi EATS holy shit it scares the fuck out of me .. every time I watch the vlogs when he eats I cringeeeeeee . That baby is going to choke one day sorry to say; and that's how Kyra and Oscar are going to learn he can't put a whole piece of chicken in his mouth or he can't keep stuffing food in his mouth ! They laugh about it .... YOU WONT BE LAUGHING WHEN HE CHOKES . It's super fucking scary and clearly if that does happen they won't know what to do !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

Ardnaid wrote: "Defiantly" is one one of my biggest peeves.
Same here, until I started pretending the person meant to use the actual word "defiantly." It helps my sanity.

"I am defiantly heading to Target right now." = you go girl, heading to Target like a rebel!
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

Sosie Lark wrote:
Ardnaid wrote: "Defiantly" is one one of my biggest peeves.
Same here, until I started pretending the person meant to use the actual word "defiantly." It helps my sanity.

"I am defiantly heading to Target right now." = you go girl, heading to Target like a rebel!
I do the same thing!!!!!!!
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

ameenruby wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:
ameenruby wrote:I can't really say he wasted the cops time when they literally didn't mind, and it was actually use full for the guy in train. The cop didn't sound annoyed even in the slightest.

I don't see the problem with Levi sleeping in the closet. The closet is a decent size, and there reasoning is valid enough. Though I do think buying 10$ black out curtains would be easier they're not harming him so I don't see the issue other then them being cheap, and not buying the curtains.

They bought a packandplay insert that's memory foam to make it more comfortable for him to sleep in. I don't feel like that's as much of an issue as the blankets, and stuffed animals are.

But it's not a pack n play insert there is no such thing cause it's not safe! It's a piece of foam that they cut and put in his pack play and they don't even have the foam covered so he could take a bite out of it and eat it or choke on it that's why I feel like they don't care about his safety!!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 30860f.png[/img]

There actually is such a thing. One quick google search, and you can see for yourself. I bought one for my godson, and it even folds up inside the packandplay. Did they say that's what they did to get the mattress though?! I surely don't remember?

But that is not what they have they have a regular piece of foam it's not a mattress at all! Thanks for the info I did not know they made those. This is similar to what they have in his pack n play [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 81e479.jpg[/img]

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

ameenruby wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:
ameenruby wrote:I can't really say he wasted the cops time when they literally didn't mind, and it was actually use full for the guy in train. The cop didn't sound annoyed even in the slightest.

I don't see the problem with Levi sleeping in the closet. The closet is a decent size, and there reasoning is valid enough. Though I do think buying 10$ black out curtains would be easier they're not harming him so I don't see the issue other then them being cheap, and not buying the curtains.

They bought a packandplay insert that's memory foam to make it more comfortable for him to sleep in. I don't feel like that's as much of an issue as the blankets, and stuffed animals are.

But it's not a pack n play insert there is no such thing cause it's not safe! It's a piece of foam that they cut and put in his pack play and they don't even have the foam covered so he could take a bite out of it and eat it or choke on it that's why I feel like they don't care about his safety!!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 30860f.png[/img]

There actually is such a thing. One quick google search, and you can see for yourself. I bought one for my godson, and it even folds up inside the packandplay. Did they say that's what they did to get the mattress though?! I surely don't remember?

But that is not what they have they have a regular piece of foam it's not a mattress at all! Thanks for the info I did not know they made those. This is similar to what they have in his pack n play [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 81e479.jpg[/img]

laesterschwester
Talker
Talker

Unread post by laesterschwester »

People are really arguing that it is okay to have your son sleep in a closet because you don't like blinds?!

but oh well, goes ahead buys tons of clothes, a freaking drone and generally stuff for themselves?

this, people, is called prioritizing. and, without a doubt, OK have their priorities sorted... and not the levi way.
withoutherspoon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by withoutherspoon »

This is kinda off topic but I decided to watch Kyra's main channel "fall favorites" video and she acts soooo different! It's as if she's trying to come across as professional and articulate but it's very cringeworthy to me and lacks personality. I don't know how people enjoy watching her videos the girl rambles about nonsense and constantly apologizes, without taking a damn breath! Although I have to admit I like her more than I do Oscar in their vlogs, he just annoys me to no end

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I see they did the right thing and woke up and drove the DMV with Levi. This is what they should have taken care of since they first moved. Kyra could have even went to mall or walked around with the Levi in his stroller then came back for Oscar and then switched after.

But I'm glad they decided to act like responsible adults for the most part in this vlog.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:Kyra has improved so much, I don't know why people say otherwise. For being a 19 year old parent learning on her own (cause she clearly gets no help from Oscar), she seems to be doing just fine.

But i don't wanna talk about those two. Can I just say how happy it makes me to see Levi doing so many new things lately like waving, waking, kind of saying dada and following instructions. It's like this past week he did a complete 180°. He also seems much more aware of his surroundings now. I know some people were concerned he was "behind", but he's doing really good.
literally how?! im not gunna repeat with everything everyone else has already said about how she doesnt provide basic needs let alone some nice little treats for levi in the way of blackout curtains, room decor, extra sheets, age appropriate and stimulating toys, etc and how she barely feeds him any solids let alone balanced solids that he should already be used to having by now. The thing that makes it seem like she hasnt improved at all is the fact that she seems WAY more detached from levi than before. In earlier vlogs when he was an infant and oscar wasnt home she would take care of and interact with levi but lately she doesnt even seem to know how to. It's not that levi prefers oscar when he's around bc oscar doesnt give him enough attention. From the looks of it, he sees oscar as the one he has the bond/attachment with and the safe haven, not his mother. He wants oscar for comfort, for fun, for everything. And even when it's just levi and kyra he still doesnt seem to seek her out and doesnt really react much to her being there or not whereas with oscar he definitely cries when oscar leaves. comparing them to jackson and khoa/keren, jackson definitely seeks his mother out even tho he sometimes prefers khoa for attention but when it's just keren she interacts with him and he definitely seeks out mommy time with her, both when khoa is gone and when he is home. while kyra does seem to care about levi's safety alot more than oscar does, oscar does seem to be more involved with levi overall. Kyra literally didnt know how to play with levi when oscar was gone and said she cant wait till oscar is back so he can play with levi.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Pregnant hot tubbing is the highlight of todays vlog. Also, Kyra saying, "Where's oscar? He's cheating on me." Possibly joking, but is that really the first thing that goes through her head when she can't find him? Not if he's okay?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

ameenruby wrote:
K_K18 wrote:

First of all, there's no air circulation in a closet. Levi is probably getting HOT at nighttime. And you don't think it's a little odd to stuff your child in a closet because you're too lazy and too awful of a parent to just buy your child necessities?! Levi has nothing because they won't buy him anything, not even age appropriate toys or curtains for him to sleep. Kyra and Oscar are awful.

He doesn't sleep in the closet at night, and you assume they shut the closet door. I'm in no way defending them, but I don't see the issue. Yes they should just get what he needs, but until they do or a big Buddy does (probably what they're waiting for) I don't see the issue. It's a walk in closet. The only reason why anyone has an issue with it is, because it's a closet. If you didn't know it was a closet there wouldn't be an issue.

They have him sleeping in the closet because they say he needs it pitch black for him to sleep and without curtains in his room its too bright. If they want it pitch black would they keep the door open? The kid sleeps in a closed closet in summer with a bunch of blankets because instead of buying a set of curtains for his room, his parents prioritized a candle and a clothing haul.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

lonelysoul wrote:Pregnant hot tubbing is the highlight of todays vlog. Also, Kyra saying, "Where's oscar? He's cheating on me." Possibly joking, but is that really the first thing that goes through her head when she can't find him? Not if he's okay?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Was the temperature of the hot tub reduced? If not, for someone who just had a scare she isnt really cautious.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I love Levi's crawl! I hope Kyra was cautious with the pool but she said it wasn't too hot and it was safe for her to go in. I'm glad they actually did something in that vlog for themselves and Levi.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Aren't you not supposed to go into a hot tub during pregnancy? I've never gone in pregnant because I was told it's not safe? I guess we can't go by what Kyra does though..

Wow they went back to the Little Gym! I wonder why they skipped going for so long? I know they were traveling but I hope they continue going. It's so good for Levi. The only exposure he gets to other babies and kids.

I can't believe Kyra is 20 weeks she's SO TINY. If they didn't announce I wouldn't even know she was pregnant with the majority of the clips they include. Just an observation. Obviously it's something she can't control. It's too bad she doesn't do pregnancy updates. I'm a week behind her and I really enjoy watching them. :( Would be great for her channel to get more views!

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Aren't you not supposed to go into a hot tub during pregnancy? I've never gone in pregnant because I was told it's not safe? I guess we can't go by what Kyra does though..

Wow they went back to the Little Gym! I wonder why they skipped going for so long? I know they were traveling but I hope they continue going. It's so good for Levi. The only exposure he gets to other babies and kids.

I can't believe Kyra is 20 weeks she's SO TINY. If they didn't announce I wouldn't even know she was pregnant with the majority of the clips they include. Just an observation. Obviously it's something she can't control. It's too bad she doesn't do pregnancy updates. I'm a week behind her and I really enjoy watching them. :( Would be great for her channel to get more views!

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I was shocked to see the pool open, here our pools close on Labor day and reopen on Memorial day.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Wait so Kyra didn't go with and get her drivers license? I thought hers was gone as well

sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Sweet456 wrote:Wait so Kyra didn't go with and get her drivers license? I thought hers was gone as well

She wemt to get it but she couldn't because she needs another form of I.D. she needs a bill with her name on it.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh my gosh that hot tub was too hot Keira's cheeks were red and check out how red poor Levi's legs are around 9:50 she can say that hot tub temp was lower but I'm pretty sure an apt buildings hot tub has to be a certain temp to prevent bacteria correct me if I'm wrong. Poor baby looked like a cooked lobster!!

Return to “OKBaby”