E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I actually love the kitchen. Those countertops are beautiful, but if it's marble then it will stain easily.

I still can't get over that Ellie bought a Burberry coat. That's $1500-$2k? I really hope they have a lot of money invested in case YouTube is not as profitable.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Cgl33 wrote:I actually love the kitchen. Those countertops are beautiful, but if it's marble then it will stain easily.

I still can't get over that Ellie bought a Burberry coat. That's $1500-$2k? I really hope they have a lot of money invested in case YouTube is not as profitable.
Good god! I stopped watching the stylist video after 20 seconds in but I didn't realize it was Burberry coat!! I compared them...I'm pretty sure it's this one she has. Who spends that much money of a freaking coat!! What would Dave Ramsey say?!Image Conveniently she has all the clothes linked below except that. Wouldn't want people to realize just how loaded they are. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... f02d6f.png[/img]

But it doesn't weight her shoulders down so no need to worry that she bought a 2300 dollar coat when Jackson was in the same pair of pajamas for 6 months.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 5eec86.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

Wasn't their channel originally "Style by Ellie"? Shouldn't she know how to dress herself without her "friend"?

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

liz749 wrote:
But it doesn't weight her shoulders down so no need to worry that she bought a 2300 dollar coat when Jackson was in the same pair of pajamas for 6 months.
That makes me sick. I mean, there's nothing wrong with designer clothes, if you can afford them. But when you have kids, whether you realize it or not, you're making a commitment to meet someone else's needs before your own (never mind wants). I don't think I have ever even known very poor children who had only a single pair of pj's. Most at least had an additional big T-shirt (or comfy outfit, for a baby) that could be worn to sleep. It's not realistic to wear the same pair, and if I hadn't seen it myself, I'd have said "no way." I'm really curious to know how often those things get washed.

Also, I hate the kitchen. I already wasn't super-crazy about Bonnie's, but this is just... Too much. If this is a trend, I don't like it at all.
Terebravisse
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Terebravisse »

Just like the bumps, Ellie is the textbook definition of new money. Got to have all the shinny things and show them off. I'm starting to wonder if their new car was "given" to them or if they just paid cash and said it was "given" to them

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

meganshay wrote:Wasn't their channel originally "Style by Ellie"? Shouldn't she know how to dress herself without her "friend"?

Bahahaha so true!

Ellie is the definition of keeping up with the Joneses. They are wealthy but who knows how long their channel will last, especially since they are not putting much effort into it. Their YouTube money may have to last a long time. I wouldn't blink at someone buying a Burberry coat with an established career, who can afford it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

A lot of Ellie's purchases seem to be online shopping. I wonder if she's developed a bit of an addiction to it because it's something to do. Back when they first started YT she never used to online shop because they didn't have a credit card. Now it's like it's constant! $400 for rock pillows just screams impulse purchase to me, and is only gotten crazier since then!
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

HelloSweetie wrote:A lot of Ellie's purchases seem to be online shopping. I wonder if she's developed a bit of an addiction to it because it's something to do. Back when they first started YT she never used to online shop because they didn't have a credit card. Now it's like it's constant! $400 for rock pillows just screams impulse purchase to me, and is only gotten crazier since then!
Yeah, she's said she prefers to do her online shopping online :D Because the variety of items in real live stores is overwhelming to her. This is definitely a new-ish habit.

I feel like Ellie really needs a mentor. She's a very young lady who has suddenly come into a lot of money and has a lot of eyes on her every single day. She was brought up strangely and does not know what is normal. She lacks an inner compass like Bonnie has (though Bonnie's compass might actually be Joel. I can't see Ellie making it a single day in a marriage with Joel). All this spending, the weird stylist that tells her to wear ugly clothes, the band-aid Barbie Dream House... There is something really vacant and unfulfilled within Ellie, and making herself over as a rich girl who wears hats isn't going to fix it. She has a husband who walks on eggshells around her for fear of tantrums, such an odd family dynamic, and no actual real-life friends or confidantes. She must be lonely in that fish bowl she's put herself in, and there's literally nobody she trusts that can or will tell her she's screwing up big time. Anyone who does that is a hater.

The rock pillows were such an odd choice though. The more I think about them, the crazier they seem, in context with a little boy who has one pair of pjs and has his toys locked away in a closet most of the day. I need to re-watch that Christmas vlog, I think. I'm certain subscribers see how infrequently Jackson and Calvin get to play with toys, and attempt to send them packages. Do we have any idea what happens to that stuff?
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:A lot of Ellie's purchases seem to be online shopping. I wonder if she's developed a bit of an addiction to it because it's something to do. Back when they first started YT she never used to online shop because they didn't have a credit card. Now it's like it's constant! $400 for rock pillows just screams impulse purchase to me, and is only gotten crazier since then!
She has a husband who walks on eggshells around her for fear of tantrums
FWIW, Bonnie has this too! I think Gma Griffith did some raging...
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Terebravisse wrote:Just like the bumps, Ellie is the textbook definition of new money. Got to have all the shinny things and show them off. I'm starting to wonder if their new car was "given" to them or if they just paid cash and said it was "given" to them

I get the impression Chrysler gave them this car for advertising it. I can think of so many others who would deserve this gift and really in need of a free car.

I love the marble, but a risky purchases with kids unless they are a Silestone/ Corian type material. As far as comments Jared refers to as uplifting, clearly he doesn't read this board.

Does shinny new things translate into views into income....time will tell.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LydiaE wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:
I disagree. I don't think Joel is afraid to challenge Bonnie at all. It appears they both know when to "pick their battles." That's actually a sign of a healthy marriage. IMO there's a big difference between Ellie's behaviour and Bonnie's.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

LydiaE wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:
Definitely don't see this. Bonnie has mentioned her and Joel having arguments before and he isn't seen bending over backwards and buying her huge presents right after she mentions being upset or mad at him over something...totally not what I see between Ellie and Jared.

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

formerctfxcer wrote:
Definitely don't see this. Bonnie has mentioned her and Joel having arguments before and he isn't seen bending over backwards and buying her huge presents right after she mentions being upset or mad at him over something...totally not what I see between Ellie and Jared.

Really? Check out the first five minutes of the most recent vlog. They were discussing how Joel accidentally drilled through "her" brand new wood floors. He was sweating bullets to tell her because he didn't want to be scolded and/or deal with a tantrum.

The first vlog I ever watched of hers was one in which they were decorating for Christmas 2014. She asked him to wait for her to move a chair to their bedroom so he wouldn't chip or mar the walls. He did it anyway and you could hear her, off camera, scolding him like a child and demanding he touch up the walls. She left this in the vlog so she obviously thinks it's a normal way to speak to your husband.

He may not be as spineless as Jared, but he definitely walks on eggshells. She mentioned once that they "fight" a lot. I'm betting they disagree about something and when he challenges her, in her mind, it has escalated to a fight. She might cry or throw a tantrum, but either way it's a form of manipulation and not healthy at all. In the end, he was the bigger person and brought her takeout (a gift) to smooth things over. I don't know about y'all, but my husband and I don't pull that kind of crap with one another. He wouldn't want to deal with a child and I wouldn't respect him as a man if he did!

Really, they're no different than any couple I've ever known who were high school sweethearts. They essentially grew up together and because they didn't meet as mature adults, they carried along a childish, sibling dynamic into their marriage as a result. They are lucky they have their faith and belief in family values to carry them despite the dysfunctional elements of their marriage.

I like Bonnie but she's got a bit of a mean streak and a (self-confessed) temper. I guess his meekness compliments that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Marriage is hard, and even the healthiest marriage has conflict. It's actually a marriage without conflict like E&Js that shows red flags. Bonnie and Joel have mentioned arguing many times. My husband would be sweating bullets if he messed up my walls and floor too. It's hella frustrating when you have something new and it gets damaged.

I had a very different mother than Jennifer, but my husband and I have a very Bonnie/Joel dynamic. I think it comes from having a "type A" personality more than a controlling mother.

I still see it as Joel "picking his battles." I guarantee Bonnie would be scared of Joel's faction of she backed the trailer into his quad.

Bonnie and Ellie are very different IMO. I actually think they would be more similar if Bonnie hadn't met Joel. I think he's changed her.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I agree, healthy marriages have conflicts and arguments, etc. I worry about the couples who never fight or argue. I think I would have acted just like Bonnie did. She was upset and then she got over it. Who wouldn't be upset to see their new floor get beat up?

Did Ellie set aside cookie ingredients to make when they get to the new house? Is that what she said??
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

drilling a hole into your wife's dream kitchen vs having to thank and praise your wife for doing the dishes..... BIG Difference! Jared tip toes on things that should be no biggie but Joel tip toe on something that probably deserved a tantrum!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Does anyone else find it disingenuous that Ellie is doing sponsored videos for Kohl's and yet she buys Burberry? She's not shopping at Kohl's. She's putting compromising videos of her kids online so she can continue to do her shopping at Nordstrom and pretends to shop at Kohl's when they pay her to say she does.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I think Joel and Bonnie have a give and take relationship. They seem down to earth and balance each other out.
Ellie and Jared have a very immature relationship. He seems to worship her and fear her. She is so into herself she cannot see past her nose. Jackson really seems to follow his dad's lead. We will see what Calvin does. I hope he has a good disposition because if he doesn't he will be competing with Ellie for attention.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

workfromhomemom wrote:I agree, healthy marriages have conflicts and arguments, etc. I worry about the couples who never fight or argue. I think I would have acted just like Bonnie did. She was upset and then she got over it. Who wouldn't be upset to see their new floor get beat up?

Did Ellie set aside cookie ingredients to make when they get to the new house? Is that what she said??
She's been dreaming of that moment since before they started building the house. The first thing she's going to do is bake cookies. It's the plan!

Expect fresh lipstick, a new apron, high heels and no sign of the children who will relegated to the basement during Ellie's perfect moment Image. Any parent would expect the move to be a difficult transition for the kids. I wouldn't be planning cookie baking unless it was a distraction and includes them. Jared better have a bunch of Lush bombs ready in case Ellie's dream moment doesn't go as planned.
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

So I'm a little confused... did they skip Calvin's appointment for a YouTube thing or did Ellie take him by herself?

Jackson is doing really well on that bike, you can tell that Jared is really proud of him! I think it's actually kinda cute how excited Jared is about it.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”