Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Jedoc1
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by Jedoc1 »

marjg wrote:Not giving her a view today. I know I'll comment how disgusting it is and I'll get attacked Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I unsubscribed and i will stay that way until i know it wont come up in my feed Image Dramatic i know but it was literally making me gawkImage

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't think Bonnie starves her kids. She's not Ruby, after all.

The body boundary stuff is weird to me. But I don't even like to be hugged. It seems to feel normal and not gross to all of them, so... It doesn't bother me that they do it.

I got nervous watching Lincoln crawl around on the counter top while B&J were talking about Boston's whining. I'm not as bothered as most when the bigger kids are up there, or even Linc if he has a parent's undivided attention. But he's just a little guy without much understanding that he could get injured if he fell. All Linc was focused on was getting more food, lol. He could easily have fallen.

He's still my favorite little YT dude. Steering the grocery cart wheel and his "wow" moment were cute.

I laughed at the "kale" story. Really wonder what Jennifer's reaction will be to seeing it on the vlog. There's a big difference between a family having an inside joke, and letting the internet in on it, especially for a narcissist whose image is being challenged.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Please tell me is this odd or normal? I have a almost three year old and I can't say I've ever grabbed his butt like this. It is a very odd way to comfort Olivia. This family is so strange. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 659420.png[/img]

Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Please tell me is this odd or normal? I have a almost three year old and I can't say I've ever grabbed his butt like this. It is a very odd way to comfort Olivia. This family is so strange. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 659420.png[/img]

It's odd to me but I am not a touchy person in the first place so lol

kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

I squish my kids butts all the time, not at Olivia's age but I'm guilty of the odd butt pinch on my three year old.
The bird feeding wasnt something I would do personally, especially with her being prone to cold sores, but it didnt raise my eyebrows, if I thought long about it Im sure I've done things over the past 14 years with my five that others would think gross.
What I dont get is the need for Boston to smile, was that a way to get him to stop whining, or is it a "no negativity, can only be happy" thing?

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

kiwimumof-5 wrote:I squish my kids butts all the time, not at Olivia's age but I'm guilty of the odd butt pinch on my three year old.
The bird feeding wasnt something I would do personally, especially with her being prone to cold sores, but it didnt raise my eyebrows, if I thought long about it Im sure I've done things over the past 14 years with my five that others would think gross.
What I dont get is the need for Boston to smile, was that a way to get him to stop whining, or is it a "no negativity, can only be happy" thing?

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
I agree with you. I squish my kids butts all the time. They're cute. And I also pat their butts when they're upset, I think it's a habit from when they were babies because they both loved being patted on the bum when they were upset as babies.
The bird feeding was odd, not something I would do, but I didn't think it was gross. She more held the food in her lips than fed him like a bird, it's not like she fed him chewed up food out of her mouth which is what I picture when you say "feeding like a bird"

I think the smile thing is to stop whining. Bonnie is much better at dealing with negative emotions with her children than say Ellie is. She lets them be upset and she listens to them when they're emotional and she doesn't portray this "always be happy" mentality with them. I think the fact that Joel is so open with his emotions helps. I think the smiling is to stop whining and also to help teach Boston about being nice and polite when asking for things and not demanding what you want.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree the smiling thing with Boston is to endcap a whining experience, not to short-circuit his emotions. Also he has the cutest little smile.

Bonnie actually does really well with her kids' emotions IMO. She doesn't want to raise whiners or complainers, but listens to what her kids have to say and validates their feelings, then helps them get past it. It seems like she is really present "in the moment" with each of her kids, which is a nice contrast from Ellie, who is truly present "in the moment" for the building of her new house and occasionally while kissing Cal.
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

The feeding thing didn't bother me. It was basically like they kissed but he grabbed a cookie she was holding with her lips. It wasn't like she chewed it up and spit it in his mouth. When spit gets transferred that's when it bothers me. Licking some ice cream on someone's leg...gross!
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Please tell me is this odd or normal? I have a almost three year old and I can't say I've ever grabbed his butt like this. It is a very odd way to comfort Olivia. This family is so strange. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016100 ... 659420.png[/img]

It's odd to me but I am not a touchy person in the first place so lol

hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

The whole body touching, wide open mouth kisses, and the comments about the kids bodies really freaks me out. I will playfully "spank" my little brother, or kiss him on the cheek. I think she either needs to cut it out of the vlogs or disable the comments. She knows she's going to get crap over it and she addresses it, yet she still keeps doing it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Is it a YouTube issues with subscribers being let go or off their channel? Bonnie has talked about this now for a couple of days. Or is it just her views are down and some are leaving or unsubscribing?

Sadly, I think their channel has change and "their" is the change with it being equal time with Joel and Bonnie. It also seems like vlogging is now a focus when she said we are going to do something fun tomorrow which I didn't note in the
past. Yet, it makes sense to move this way with this being their main source of income.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Other vloggers have mentioned that they're getting comments/messages from viewers saying that there are problems with YT subscriptions and notifications very recently. I have seen a few comments about it too. But have not experienced it personally as I don't subscribe to or get notifications from any of these people! :D My IRL friends and family know my YT acct, and I'd hate for them to know I watch all these crazies every day, lol.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:Is it a YouTube issues with subscribers being let go or off their channel? Bonnie has talked about this now for a couple of days. Or is it just her views are down and some are leaving or unsubscribing?

Sadly, I think their channel has change and "their" is the change with it being equal time with Joel and Bonnie. It also seems like vlogging is now a focus when she said we are going to do something fun tomorrow which I didn't note in the
past. Yet, it makes sense to move this way with this being their main source of income.
People have been tweeting her to say that YT somehow unsubbed them so they weren't receiving notifications when she uploads.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I think it is odd. A hug is more appropriate when consoling your child. I don't understand the purpose of making these odd behaviors public.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:

I think it is odd. A hug is more appropriate when consoling your child. I don't understand the purpose of making these odd behaviors public.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The "public" thing is because they think it's normal. I have to admit I'd punch my kids butt, so to me it is normal.

If they were doing these things and keeping it private, that's when I'd actually worry.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I would pat their butts, but never squeeze them.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lol. Just realized my post above says I'd "punch" my kids butts instead of "pinch."

I pinch them.... no punching of any kind here
spartangirl93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by spartangirl93 »

I'm not a parent, so my perspective is limited. But does anyone else think it's weird that Bonnie lets Cody (at 5) and Boston (at 3) go out to the store in those footie/one piece pajamas? I think it's a little weird and I don't think I'd do it as a parent, but who knows, I might eat my words when I am one. So this is less of a judgement or nitpick and more of a question. Lol.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I've taken my kids to the store in the evening in their pyjamas after they've had a bath to grab something I forgot to make dinner. But I wouldn't take them to the store during the day in they'd pyjamas. I always dress them.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

spartangirl93 wrote:I'm not a parent, so my perspective is limited. But does anyone else think it's weird that Bonnie lets Cody (at 5) and Boston (at 3) go out to the store in those footie/one piece pajamas? I think it's a little weird and I don't think I'd do it as a parent, but who knows, I might eat my words when I am one. So this is less of a judgement or nitpick and more of a question. Lol.

I'm a parent but wouldn't take my kid to the store in footie pajamas. Pj pants...maybe. I don't go to the store close to bedtime though. I go early in the morning. Alone. Haha.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”