Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Bethypooh51 wrote:My two cents - the house is boring and sterile!! It is a stock home, no crown molding, no wainscoting, no special colors or focal points to bring warmth and interest to the home. It is gray, even the back splash in the kitchen is gray!! They could have used upgraded materials for the backsplash like tumbled marble or how about a beautiful tile mural over the stove. But it is gray!! Maybe that just sums up Ellie and Jared to a "t". It would have been nice to see Jacksons room with a beautiful mural on one wall or how about a chalk wall that can be used to decorate with fun sayings and let's not even get into Jacson being In the basement by himself. I would NEVER have put my 2 year old that far away from my room. Well I wish them the best in their very gray home!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

I just watched the moving vlog, I thought the house was nice enough but it didn't wow me, and I still cant imagine having my toddler that far from me, video monitor or not.
And she did make cookies, well gee, here i was thinking I did well moving four kids when I was 40 weeks pregnant, but alas, I did not make cookies

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

liz749 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Will they be in Bonnie and Joel's ward at church now?
Can you or someone else explain how the wards work? I've always been curious and don't really know much about Mormon culture...do you have to go to a given church in your area whether you prefer it or not..like you are assigned to one. Asked on where you live? Do the wards dictate anything else? The churches seem to put on a lot of activities and be located right in the middle of neighborhoods.
yes, your ward would depend on where you live. if you are within the boundaries of a ward, it would be your home ward. you can still attend other wards as a visitor (like how e&j's families from out of town visited during their kids' blessings). it is much easier to keep records as well; your ward would have your membership records, tithing records, etc etc.

the bishopric would give people "callings". no one else is paid to run the ward so the members do the work, though only a few would be chosen to be auxillary leaders. if i remember correctly, bonnie and joel teach a class together.

there are always a lot of activities such as family nights, barbecues, campings, community service and stuff like that...i haven't seen or heard e&j participate in any of those though. i hope i was able to somehow answer your questions.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Bethypooh51 wrote:My two cents - the house is boring and sterile!! It is a stock home, no crown molding, no wainscoting, no special colors or focal points to bring warmth and interest to the home. It is gray, even the back splash in the kitchen is gray!! They could have used upgraded materials for the backsplash like tumbled marble or how about a beautiful tile mural over the stove. But it is gray!! Maybe that just sums up Ellie and Jared to a "t". It would have been nice to see Jacksons room with a beautiful mural on one wall or how about a chalk wall that can be used to decorate with fun sayings and let's not even get into Jacson being I. The basement by himself. I would NEVER have put my 2 year old that far away from my room. Well I wish them the best in their very gray home!!

Gray became a really popular neutral in interior design 8 or so years ago and I'm so over it now. It's just been done to death. There's way too much gray in that house. It looks like a model home with all the gray walls and white trim. Maybe they could have gotten away with it if the furniture and accessories were unique or interesting, but it all looks so plain. I think if they had chosen a top notch interior decorator that they really trusted they could have had something really unique, but instead they seemed to have gone with a budget option and then second guessed all of her suggestions to the point where I don't think they ended up with anything all that different than what they could have done on their own.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Bethypooh51 wrote:My two cents - the house is boring and sterile!! It is a stock home, no crown molding, no wainscoting, no special colors or focal points to bring warmth and interest to the home. It is gray, even the back splash in the kitchen is gray!! They could have used upgraded materials for the backsplash like tumbled marble or how about a beautiful tile mural over the stove. But it is gray!! Maybe that just sums up Ellie and Jared to a "t". It would have been nice to see Jacksons room with a beautiful mural on one wall or how about a chalk wall that can be used to decorate with fun sayings and let's not even get into Jacson being I. The basement by himself. I would NEVER have put my 2 year old that far away from my room. Well I wish them the best in their very gray home!!

I think it is the minimalist look. It definitely a personal taste and I wonder when they have everything hung and furniture in place if it will not look better? I am surprised she didn’t have bar stools and a kitchen table yet?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Last edited by tratra58 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Just now watching yesterday's vlog... I find I enjoy the house footage a lot more (that is to say, -at all-) with Jared filming alone and Ellie nowhere to be seen. I have some issues with him, but I do find him more genuine and grateful for the opportunity to stay home with his kids and buy/furnish the Barbie Dream House before turning 30. He is enthusiastic - and not in a "I deserve this so much; it will change my life!" Sort of way, which makes the whole thing a lot more tolerable.

Ellie did not need to leave the party early, Jared was fine at home with the boys. She just wanted to get back to arranging knick knacks in closets. She didn't need to snark about Bonnie's behind. And she didn't need to make that comment about "I don't want to do crafts, just give me a kitchen to scrub down." That was incredibly ill-timed on literally the day of the thoughtful craft-based party her sisters planned and threw for their mother with zero help from Ellie. What a bitch.

Yes, I agree the house looks like a model home that has been staged.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RecklessDisregard wrote:Just now watching yesterday's vlog... I find I enjoy the house footage a lot more (that is to say, -at all-) with Jared filming alone and Ellie nowhere to be seen. I have some issues with him, but I do find him more genuine and grateful for the opportunity to stay home with his kids and buy/furnish the Barbie Dream House before turning 30. He is enthusiastic - and not in a "I deserve this so much; it will change my life!" Sort of way, which makes the whole thing a lot more tolerable.

Ellie did not need to leave the party early, Jared was fine at home with the boys. She just wanted to get back to arranging knick knacks in closets. She didn't need to snark about Bonnie's behind. And she didn't need to make that comment about "I don't want to do crafts, just give me a kitchen to scrub down." That was incredibly ill-timed on literally the day of the thoughtful craft-based party her sisters planned and threw for their mother with zero help from Ellie. What a bitch.

Yes, I agree the house looks like a model home that has been staged.
Ellie acted ridiculous in yesterday's vlog for ALL the reasons you stated. I don't understand why people don't see this and they aren't always a sweet family. If I was Bonnie I would say 'come on Ellie, did you need to include my backside in your vlog.' I think all the positive comments reinforces Ellie's behavior or a pass to do as she pleases.

For myself, Jared is jusy annoying with his sound effects, but he is not a mean person and I do think he is a good dad. However, he does enabled Ellie to behave poorly.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They are going to stretch the house tours etc as long as they can with the number of views and subscribers up significantly. The dog and next baby will be next on their agenda. I guess you can't blame them since it is a business.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Also, neither PCOS nor her theoretical thyroid condition have anything to do with Ellie's eyebrows. Her sisters have the same damn eyebrows. There's a word for that. It's "genetics."

I just watched Bonnie's most recent videos... Still feel like Ellie needs to be bitch-slapped for the "I don't want to do crafts" comment in conjunction with leaving the party early.

It's interesting that Bonnie - and even Grandma Griff, who isn't a vlogger - is so much better at showing Jackson's little personality. Someone in the comments said it's because he gets to talk when he wants to instead of only answering questions on E+J's channel. He's a dragon!! <3
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think the house looks nice! But i hate that Jackson is shunned to the basement like everyone else is, with those horrible windows. Thing is, i would be scared to leave my not even 3 year old down there. What if there was a fire? Sure there are windows in his room with fire escapes. but can a two year old open that window and climb out?? Hell no.. its a god damn death trap for a child his age, get your head out of your asses E&J!!! .. The house really has come together though, better than i thought.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Also, neither PCOS nor her theoretical thyroid condition have anything to do with Ellie's eyebrows. Her sisters have the same damn eyebrows. There's a word for that. It's "genetics."

I just watched Bonnie's most recent videos... Still feel like Ellie needs to be bitch-slapped for the "I don't want to do crafts" comment in conjunction with leaving the party early.

It's interesting that Bonnie - and even Grandma Griff, who isn't a vlogger - is so much better at showing Jackson's little personality. Someone in the comments said it's because he gets to talk when he wants to instead of only answering questions on E+J's channel. He's a dragon!! <3
I think Ellie's failure to capture Jackson's personality isn't an accident. I think she sees him as "the competition" for attention. It was fine when he was small and still a reflection of her (like Cal is), but ever since he's been an individual you can see she's annoyed by him. She even seems jealous when Jared shows him too much affection, and will get louder (or start pouting) to make sure that his focus is once again back on her.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RecklessDisregard wrote:Also, neither PCOS nor her theoretical thyroid condition have anything to do with Ellie's eyebrows. Her sisters have the same damn eyebrows. There's a word for that. It's "genetics."

I agree...someone needs to tell her she is a mean girl. What a nice party Bonnie and Ruby put together and I hope Jennifer watches these vlogs...as a mother I would be disappointed in Ellie for all the reasons you stated. Their new house will be there forever to get in place, but birthday celebrations are just at that moment or day. I don't think she needed to leave early with Calvin and Jared even said he was fine and he is also capable of caring for a sick kid if that were the case. However, the party looked fun without them!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:

I agree...someone needs to tell her she is a mean girl. What a nice party Bonnie and Ruby put together and I hope Jennifer watches these vlogs...as a mother I would be disappointed in Ellie for all the reasons you stated. Their new house will be there forever to get in place, but birthday celebrations are just at that moment or day. I don't think she needed to leave early with Calvin and Jared even said he was fine and he is also capable of caring for a sick kid if that were the case. However, the party looked fun without them!

I wonder why he told her at all? My husband would have let me enjoy the party and not bothered me unless it was something he was unable to handle, or my son needed me. Jared had it under control, there was no need to tell Ellie. Unless he knew she would come home and just wanted a good excuse to do so? Vlogging gives people the opportunity to "fact check" your excuses for getting out of things. That would be so inconvenient Image
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

tratra58 wrote:

It was probably a relief she left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

As much as i hate the "his and Hers' pink and blue cubbies (i hate the pink and blue, not the cubbies in general) I love the little small space they made for Ellie to put her foot on to shave her legs. Totally remembering that idea for when we build. (maybe thats standard in showers like that now lol)
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

just watched the house tour. damn! that house is HUGE!
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Just watched the house tour, a few comments....

I personally think it's a mistake that they opened up the master bath toilet room. Adding personal touches to your home is great, but at some point you need to think about if/when you're going to sell the home if you're making structural changes that are hard to undo. And the fact is that 99% of people do not want to have a conversation with their spouse while sitting on the toilet. Ellie is so weird.

Again, with the toilet.... in the freaking laundry room? Huh?

I am totally jealous of the pantry as well as all the random storage that they have.

I saw 3 bedrooms downstairs in addition to the "filming room." When they had previously talked about the filming room, I had originally thought that was one of the bedrooms, so it turns out they actually have a whole extra room that I didn't realize existed.

That being said, I don't understand the choice to give Jackson the ONLY bedroom with a window well instead of a full window.
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

A minute of Jared trying to turn on his computer in the BRAND NEW HOUSE! Totally vlog worthy. I'm glad they're all about the memories.

meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

How many times did Ellie say "blended" at her mom's party? It was a cute idea for a party, I must give Bonnie/Ruby credit for that!

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

HelloSweetie wrote:You can search for wards. I Iinputted both Bonnie and Ellie's addresses and it's the same ward.
I put in their addresses, and I'm showing they are in separate wards.

In Utah, if you live more than a couple minutes from someone you are in a different Ward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”