DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

Unread post by tintin15 »

The photographer who took the photos for the gender reveal: didn't we come to the conclusion that they were no longer friends with her? Or was that a different photographer? I know she didn't show up for a loooong time and they were getting other people to do their pictures.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

ladyju28 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seems like no Slyfox or other youtubers. Let's see in the vlog who all came. Finn is a cutie, though Image
Did she mean to spell pumpkin wrong? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

"Pumkin" ....
also (I never comment just lurk so I'll add this now) I checked into E and J to see there house and I like it SO much better than DB! It looks so good honestly. The mirrors and colors... and to think these guys spend over a million on that place...

Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:"Pumkin" ....
also (I never comment just lurk so I'll add this now) I checked into E and J to see there house and I like it SO much better than DB! It looks so good honestly. The mirrors and colors... and to think these guys spent over a million on that place...

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
liz749 wrote:I really think the next pregnancy will be a girl because, while we will have no way of really knowing for sure (except for examining how genuine Missy's surprise reaction is), I think they are going to do some means of gender selection. I've never heard of anyone having such severe gender disappointment as she does, they basically have an unlimited income, and they have questionable moral standards...all these add up and lead me to believe they will definitely try to genetically gender select to ensure a girl.

I feel so embarassed. I didn't even know gender selection was a thing IRL.

I suppose they have never considered adoption. That would be a surefire way to get a girl and be certain she doesn't come out looking like Bryan.
Crazy that it's a thing right! I wrote a paper about the different options and ethics of it when I was in highschool. It was like 6 years ago so I'm sure things have progressed even more by now but there a couple different ways to go about it. One involves having a sample of sperm spun very quickly because in theory, X sperm have more genetic material and therefore more weight and can be separated out from the Y sperm with a centrifuge. It's not a complete guarantee but according to the companies that do it it's pretty accurate. Another option that is a lot more invasive is to of course do IVF...forms embryos outside the body and then genetically test them and only put the girl ones back in. Chrissy Tiegen (sp? Lol) did this I believe. Definitely raises a lot of moral and ethical questions about if it's right. It is great for those who have a gender linked disease and don't want to pass it on to a child. I believe only some states allow you to do IVF just because you have a gender preference. Of course,Missy would find a way.

I think it's really interesting and I can totally see Missy staying up all night reading about this. Conveniently for her they are doing some gender selection clinical trials in California. I would bet they'd do the sperm selection thing though. But we'll probably never know!
http://chooseagender.com/methods-of-gen ... ction.aspx

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm going to jump to Missy's defense for once, and i really really don't like her at all so this will be short lived...
I really liked the gender reveal party!! I thought she did a really good job and i thought it was super cute. Who cares if most of the ideas came from pintrest.. thats what it's for right?? I mean what a thing to bitch at someone for, using a website for party ideas.. I use it for every party i've ever thrown in the past 5 years.
There is something about Missy and Kelsey's relationship that i really like. Out of all the people they pay to be their friends, you can tell that Kels is REALLY her friend. Missy is a totally different person around Kels and i like it. I think she really cares about her and Corbin and that she loves them a lot. Her whole demeanor is different around them (even though i still think she has the hots for Corbin lol) and its a good different. She seems more down to earth and a lot less "on" around them. I thought it was a nice party and that it turned out super cute. Kels looked AMAZING. That dress was so pretty on her.
I do have some complaints about the party though, the whole dart board was a fiasco... It would have been cute if it didn't seem to take those people FOR EVER to pop the balloons. That prank backfired on Missy big time, i would have been pissed if i had spent what seemed like an hour trying to pop those balloons olnt to know that it wasn't the reveal at all.... I know i said after watching DB's vlog that i thought boy bc she wasnt upset, but watching K&C's vlog i knew it was a girl, Missy was way too upset for it not to be. I wish that she could let her friends live without her being so jealous. I'm with the person who said earlier that they bet those clothes were some Missy bought before they knew Finn was a boy.
I'm super sad that Finn's party seemed like an after thought. :( That poor second best child. I will scream if they wind up making it about Ollie, and for sure he got presents for Finn's birthday, we just won;t see it until we see new toys in the next couple of days. Can't let the golden boy feel left out!!! I mean he was already mad about not getting toys when they rushed out and bought Finn a gift like they forgot or something. :( poor Finn.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I wonder what Missy's plans are for her birthday week
#FreeFinleyandJackson
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

Yeah not impressed with Finn's party. And of course, Ollie blew out his candle.

Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Playsinrain wrote:I'm going to jump to Missy's defense for once, and i really really don't like her at all so this will be short lived...
I really liked the gender reveal party!! I thought she did a really good job and i thought it was super cute. Who cares if most of the ideas came from pintrest.. thats what it's for right?? I mean what a thing to bitch at someone for, using a website for party ideas.. I use it for every party i've ever thrown in the past 5 years.
There is something about Missy and Kelsey's relationship that i really like. Out of all the people they pay to be their friends, you can tell that Kels is REALLY her friend. Missy is a totally different person around Kels and i like it. I think she really cares about her and Corbin and that she loves them a lot. Her whole demeanor is different around them (even though i still think she has the hots for Corbin lol) and its a good different. She seems more down to earth and a lot less "on" around them. I thought it was a nice party and that it turned out super cute. Kels looked AMAZING. That dress was so pretty on her.
I do have some complaints about the party though, the whole dart board was a fiasco... It would have been cute if it didn't seem to take those people FOR EVER to pop the balloons. That prank backfired on Missy big time, i would have been pissed if i had spent what seemed like an hour trying to pop those balloons olnt to know that it wasn't the reveal at all.... I know i said after watching DB's vlog that i thought boy bc she wasnt upset, but watching K&C's vlog i knew it was a girl, Missy was way too upset for it not to be. I wish that she could let her friends live without her being so jealous. I'm with the person who said earlier that they bet those clothes were some Missy bought before they knew Finn was a boy.
I'm super sad that Finn's party seemed like an after thought. :( That poor second best child. I will scream if they wind up making it about Ollie, and for sure he got presents for Finn's birthday, we just won;t see it until we see new toys in the next couple of days. Can't let the golden boy feel left out!!! I mean he was already mad about not getting toys when they rushed out and bought Finn a gift like they forgot or something. :( poor Finn.
I agree with a lot of this. I'm in the belief that missy is really quite insecure and hasn't found herself and doesn't feel empowered yet. This making her very impressionable to who she's around. (Which makes sense why she hangs with her family so much. They probably make her feel most comfortable in her self.) if you weren't confident and didn't know who you were yet, having someone like Bryan around all the time would be crazy and overwhelming. So (to me, and with this theory) her going along with his insane ego trip isn't that hard to see. I think that's also why she's so different around Kelsey and Corbin. Love them or hate them they are really down to earth, hippie types with a good vibe and their own "bigger picture life" to live by. When she's around them she seems to feed off that and she seems happier and like she appreciates the little stuff more. Heck she's even different when Bryan's not there which makes me feel this "theory" stronger. I loved the gender reveal! It was so cute and definitely something I would love myself. I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't hate Missy as a person. I think she's a little lost and has great potential to be a unique and good person. She's just gotta be comfortable carving her own way. Ok, back to my lurking lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I'm going to jump to Missy's defense for once, and i really really don't like her at all so this will be short lived...
I agree with a lot of this. I'm in the belief that missy is really quite insecure and hasn't found herself and doesn't feel empowered yet. This making her very impressionable to who she's around. (Which makes sense why she hangs with her family so much. They probably make her feel most comfortable in her self.) if you weren't confident and didn't know who you were yet, having someone like Bryan around all the time would be crazy and overwhelming. So (to me, and with this theory) her going along with his insane ego trip isn't that hard to see. I think that's also why she's so different around Kelsey and Corbin. Love them or hate them they are really down to earth, hippie types with a good vibe and their own "bigger picture life" to live by. When she's around them she seems to feed off that and she seems happier and like she appreciates the little stuff more. Heck she's even different when Bryan's not there which makes me feel this "theory" stronger. I loved the gender reveal! It was so cute and definitely something I would love myself. I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't hate Missy as a person. I think she's a little lost and has great potential to be a unique and good person. She's just gotta be comfortable carving her own way. Ok, back to my lurking lol

That's an interesting theory. Do you think that's why she always has to have her family around? That she only feels "ok" when they're around? And that maybe she doesn't have any confidence in her ability to take care of the kids? It also makes sense when you consider how she copies the style of whoever her latest friend is. I could see that, but if that's the case, she's old enough to have a little self knowledge and she has the resources to get some help. Once you reach a certain age, you need to take some responsibility for yourself. She's a mom. She needs to think about the messages she's passing on to her kids. It's definitely got some merit as a theory, but I don't feel sorry for her.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:

Totally agree with this! Makes me really sad for missy. And I've said before, I loved the gender reveal party, I think she did a good job.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:

I agree with you! Being with someone like Bryan and not having the self confidence that he has (bc ego or not the man has to think highly of himself to act the way he does) has to be overwhelming. Missy does not have that self confidence, its so clear by the way she changes her self and reinvents herself to fit in with whoever is her "friend" at the moment. She acts so much more genuine around Kelsey, you can tell that that is her REAL friend. I fell like Missy is one of those people who just doesnt have a lot of real friends, and for whatever reason. I feel her, I only have a handful of people i consider real friends and 2 of my closest ones live states away from me. The difference is, I don't care that i only have a few friends and that my house isn't packed with "friends" every weekend, or that i don't have a huge entourage of people with me for every outing. My husband is my best friend and i would rather do things with him and my kids over a gaggle of fake friends any day. Missy's issue is that she cares about appearances way too much. She has to appeal to these preteens and to do that she has to have this huge "squad" with her at all times. I would respect her more if she really only had her real friends around her just a few times a year than these paid friends that are with her 24/7. Corbin and Kelsey could do Missy and Bryan a world of good if they could spend more time together. Like you said, love them or hate them they are down to earth people with (what i see as) good intentions with their life and the way they impact this world. When B&M first started their channel Missy was this hippie crunchy girl who drove a Pruis and fed her kid nothing but organic food, and 90% of us liked her WAY better back then, and i feel like she was being her true self then. Once money started coming in she has changed so so much. Its like she thinks that just bc you have money you have to change everything about yourself. When shes around Kelsey i think that hippie crunchy girl she really is inside comes back out and she feels like she can be comfortable and "herself" around her. I wish she would see that you can be both people, and that being who she wants to be is so much more confidence building than being who you think a 10 year old thinks you should be...
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

So Fin's birthday party is up on Cassie's channel and I don't even know what to say. Guess I'll have to watch the Bumps vlog before I can make an honest jugdement.
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Just realised this is basically a summarised version of what Playsinrain said but adding to the discussion above, I don't hate Missy as a person (unlike Bryan) even though I don't always agree with her. I feel like she has possibly been swept up trying to have the perfect youtube life and be the perfect mother and I feel like Bryan may have 'persuaded' or changed Missy to be more like him, it would explain why I always like her more when she isn't with Bryan.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yeah, I definitely don't get why people were mad at her for using Pinterest. The theme wasn't to my taste, but it really fit Kelsey and Corbin's personalities, imo. Missy knows what she was doing.

And I do agree that Missy is probably insecure. With Bryan's overly confident influence and with the fact that she was raised in a religion (hardcore, cult-like fundamentalism, not Christianity in general) that can make people, especially women, feel totally less than and incapable. You have to put up a facade of perfection to avoid judgment. Her family, who she has known her whole life, and Kelsey and Corbin, who she has known a long time, are people she can be herself around and knows they won't start judging her.

Also, I don't hate Missy. Or any of the Hollisters or the kids or anything. Not even Bryan (though I dislike him strongly because I believe he is exactly as he appears). They bug the crap out of me and make horrible decisions, but I don't hate them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:Yeah, I definitely don't get why people were mad at her for using Pinterest. The theme wasn't to my taste, but it really fit Kelsey and Corbin's personalities, imo. Missy knows what she was doing.

And I do agree that Missy is probably insecure. With Bryan's overly confident influence and with the fact that she was raised in a religion (hardcore, cult-like fundamentalism, not Christianity in general) that can make people, especially women, feel totally less than and incapable. You have to put up a facade of perfection to avoid judgment. Her family, who she has known her whole life, and Kelsey and Corbin, who she has known a long time, are people she can be herself around and knows they won't start judging her.

Also, I don't hate Missy. Or any of the Hollisters or the kids or anything. Not even Bryan (though I dislike him strongly because I believe he is exactly as he appears). They bug the crap out of me and make horrible decisions, but I don't hate them.
I agree that i think her strict fundie up bringing probably has a lot to do with her self confidence issues. It has to be damaging to be told your worth is less just bc you are female.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

This is just a pet peeve of mine, but can we quit referring to Jeff and Natalia's problems as if it was a fact. Unless I missed something, it was never confirmed they were having issues just that they were taking a youtube break. Sorry, it irritates me as a fellow married person. Maybe I am being nitpicky.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

workfromhomemom wrote:This is just a pet peeve of mine, but can we quit referring to Jeff and Natalia's problems as if it was a fact. Unless I missed something, it was never confirmed they were having issues just that they were taking a youtube break. Sorry, it irritates me as a fellow married person. Maybe I am being nitpicky.
You're right. People just assumed they were having problems because they stopped vlogging and Jeff was at B&M's a LOT, and would go out with them taking the girls without Tal. We don't have any proof-- just speculation.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sorry, I can't get on board with the "Missy is a victim" mentality. We've seen far more signs of emotional abuse from Missy directed to Bryan, than we've ever seen the reverse of. Like Bryan or hate him, he's working and following his dreams to support Missy's whole damn family.

Bryan didn't sabotage Oliver's test, Missy did.

Bryan didn't make Missy bottle up about Gabriel.

Bryan hasn't made Missy pull away from friends. If anything, she has more of a life than he does.

I'm all for hating on Bryan, and agree he's a douche, but just because C&K are here now and Missy is a little more giddy, that doesn't mean we need to demonize Bryan. I get it, people hate the music and think he's wasting his money, but know what? He earned that money. He's at least doing something with his time. He's trying to pursue a dream. What has Missy done lately besides a puzzle and plan 2 parties? It would be different if she at least cared for her kids, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Ok, rant over.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm certainly not demonizing Bryan. While his self-confidence may factor in to Missy trying to act like more than she is, I think she would be the way she is with out without him.

Also, what test of Ollie's did Missy sabotage?

Return to “Daily Bumps”