Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

nc_mom
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by nc_mom »

I had the exact same thought when viewing all those extra bedrooms in the basement with large, bright windows to the outside. Why would they choose the one bedroom that does not have a view to the outside? How depressing and claustrophobic Jackson's room is. That bedroom should be for occasional overnight guests not for a child that lives full time in that house. I bet if they had made that room Jared's office he would not want to spend much time there!
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Hmm, thoughts on the house tour...

1. I guess it would be beating a dead horse to critique Ellie's grammar/vocabulary in depth. But it's bad, and both one-take vlogs and excitement seem to make it worse.
2. It's like a gray and white ice palace. I had to remind myself that the walls already were painted their final color, because in that house tour video it looks for all the world like a "before" picture.
3. I can't even imagine having that much open space. I do like that aspect of the house.
4. The master shower is nice, except for that god-awful penny tile. I really really like it a lot.
5. I just can't fathom leaving the door off the toilet area of the master bath. The main reason has nothing to do with privacy and everything to do with odor. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I don't want to smell anyone's poo. Especially my husband's! Come to think of it, I don't really care to converse with anyone mid-poo either.
6. The vanity, master closet, pantry, indoor storage, and garage storage are all very convenient and I would love to have them.
7. Oh, the Christmas decorating one could do with those big windows and high ceilings.
8. Placement of Jackson's room makes even less sense now than it did before.
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

smellycat801 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:You can search for wards. I Iinputted both Bonnie and Ellie's addresses and it's the same ward.
I put in their addresses, and I'm showing they are in separate wards.

In Utah, if you live more than a couple minutes from someone you are in a different Ward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Ok, just kidding, I might be wrong. The ward locator keeps reversing the coordinates :)

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ellie actually said they like to keep decorations in their closets(because Jennifer did) so it looked nice when you opened it. Who the hell is opening their closets to look nice for? In our house I am the only one in the closets!

Seeing the other rooms with the nice views just made me so upset for Jackson and his prison escape windows.
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ok. Well I tried again and it appears to be working and it is saying they are in separate wards. Sorry for all the posting :-)

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

nc_mom wrote:I had the exact same thought when viewing all those extra bedrooms in the basement with large, bright windows to the outside. Why would they choose the one bedroom that does not have a view to the outside? How depressing and claustrophobic Jackson's room is. That bedroom should be for occasional overnight guests not for a child that lives full time in that house. I bet if they had made that room Jared's office he would not want to spend much time there!
I thought the same thing! And i still dont understand why jared needs an office upstairs when there are so many rooms downstairs he could have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

I really like the house. Jackson's room is kinda sketchy and I forsee him having issues falling and staying asleep. But....am I the only one just a tad bit jealous that these two are living the ideal life? Dream house, dream car, stylist, none of which they had to do any real hard work for? Sigh. Do they even give back to the community? I find it impossible to have even an iota of happiness for them. Jared was right, they really don't deserve it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

staceyeileen wrote:Just watched the house tour, a few comments....

I personally think it's a mistake that they opened up the master bath toilet room. Adding personal touches to your home is great, but at some point you need to think about if/when you're going to sell the home if you're making structural changes that are hard to undo. And the fact is that 99% of people do not want to have a conversation with their spouse while sitting on the toilet. Ellie is so weird.

Again, with the toilet.... in the freaking laundry room? Huh?

I am totally jealous of the pantry as well as all the random storage that they have.

I saw 3 bedrooms downstairs in addition to the "filming room." When they had previously talked about the filming room, I had originally thought that was one of the bedrooms, so it turns out they actually have a whole extra room that I didn't realize existed.

That being said, I don't understand the choice to give Jackson the ONLY bedroom with a window well instead of a full window.
Overall, it is a beautiful home with many features.

I am not sure with the basement having windows looking out at deep window wells is so great and I would have put small windows for just the natural light. It looks strange. The problem is putting a rambler on a lot that isn't a walk out.

No way having a bathroom in your laundry room and the original plans were better or as Ellie would say 'more better.'

Who talks to their spouse when in the bathroom...I doubt many, but it is a very nice master bath and the closet is a dream closet.

How many kids do they think they'll have and infertility could be an issue with past history.

This is not a great lot for many reasons looking out at the house above them and the terrain. But the mountains are nice.

I wonder where Ellie picked up with the comment about mom's pink carpet. I think they've read comments here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

"More better"....that's Ellie ladies and gentleman. How about just "better"????

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

smellycat801 wrote:Ok. Well I tried again and it appears to be working and it is saying they are in separate wards. Sorry for all the posting :-)

You are right! I stand corrected. I swear it was the same before....I must have typed the same address in twice or something Image. It was a few months ago... unless I'm remembering wrong and they are the same as Craig and Tamara? I can't remember their address right now or I'd check. (ETA: I found the address again easier than expected and they are in a different ward as well).

Either way, I actually think E&J would be more likely to be involved in the church if they shared a ward with someone they know. Ellie doesn't seem to make friends easily, and they strike me as very lazy and preoccupied with themselves. Not exactly looking to serve others in the community. If they shared a ward with family I'm sure they would be more careful to keep up a good impression. Which is odd from a religious standpoint because isn't God supposed to be watching them? Guess they figure he approves of their behaviour since he's blessed them so much Image
Carolina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Carolina »

Holy Guacamole the house is huge. Favorite part light fixtures, especially the ones above the kitchen. Least favorite would have to be the Landry room/bathroom.Where is she putting her grandmothers painting above the toilet?

torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

Ellie is SOO FAR up her momma's ass. "We made this house ours, my mom and dad--" really Ellie? I feel like Ellie's mom had more of a say in the house than Jared did.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

Also, where are the kids supposed to play in the yard at without falling and busting their heads open on rocks

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

torii wrote:Also, where are the kids supposed to play in the yard at without falling and busting their heads open on rocks

They are on a quiet cul-de-sac. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them play in the front or the neighbour's yards.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

shewolf_07 wrote:I really like the house. Jackson's room is kinda sketchy and I forsee him having issues falling and staying asleep. But....am I the only one just a tad bit jealous that these two are living the ideal life? Dream house, dream car, stylist, none of which they had to do any real hard work for? Sigh. Do they even give back to the community? I find it impossible to have even an iota of happiness for them. Jared was right, they really don't deserve it.
It's funny... I don't want specifically what they have, so I have never really felt like "jealous" was the right word for it, for me at least. If I were able to adopt a vlogger's lifestyle, I wouldn't pick E+J (or DB). It would be Cullen & Katie or maybe Bonnie - and those are people whose vlogs I enjoy. I don't have bitter, jealousy-type negative feelings towards them. But I am specifically resentful of E+J basically winning the YT lottery. I think Ellie is a terrible person, deep down, and Jared enables that and encourages her to be fake (as it's the closest she can get to "nice"). I think she, at minimum, believes she somehow deserves or has worked for/earned her lifestyle, that she is better than people who struggle or do actual work, etc. I won't go further than this - but their worldview of being blessed with material goods involves some unspoken but pretty unkind implications about those who have fewer blessings, not that I even think Ellie could articulate that on her very best day.

In a nutshell, I don't particularly want what they have, but I'd like to have what I need, without getting super specific about exactly what that is. And I don't respect people who have such incredible good fortune but only use it to promote and enrich themselves.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Woah, the house is so much bigger than I thought it was, I do like theirs better than the bumps but I would have chosen a different bedroom for Jackson, he has the darkest room in the whole house and I don't understand the whole "when we have more kids, then Cal and Jackson can share this room" when there are 2 other perfectly good rooms down there, they could still have their "dream" guestroom etc. Does anyone know where that other staircase went to, does it lead up to an outside door to the backyard?
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

There are some nice things about the house. I like the floors and the exterior, but I hate the bathroom. Zero personality and I absolutely hate that ugly half wall. And the view of rocks out their windows - Meh, definitely my thing.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I like the master bathroom without the door. I hadn't even heard of bathrooms with doors for the toilet room until I started watching vloggers - it's just not a thing where I live. All our bathrooms have everything in the same room with the exception of the toilet and shower with a door in some newer homes.

Withlovefromparis
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Withlovefromparis »

tratra58 wrote:
Withlovefromparis wrote:I think I like their new house (minus the fact i'm quite jealous haha). I like the living room, it looks comfy.
I was surprised to see how it was built. Here in Europe our house are way more sturdy.
I wish they had put solar panels on the roof. But seeing how they grill like 20 steaks each time the whole family gets together in the summer and how they all love huge cars, I'm pretty sure they really don't give a fuck about environment (and anyway I'm pretty sure mormons are on the global warming deniers side).
I believe new homes are built energy efficient compared to years ago and this includes appliances. US citizens are driving bigger cars depending on the cost of gas and yes it is unfortunate they only pay attention when gas prices are high or a fill up is eighty to a hundred dollars.

How are homes in Europe built better? Solar panels are available for new homeowner, but you don't see them put in homes often. Their home is very nice with a lot of upgrades and ramblers are generally a bit more to build.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
At one point you can see how they put together some wooden walls. Here we only use material like bricks.
And the preassembled bent seemed odd too.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

thenightowl wrote:Woah, the house is so much bigger than I thought it was, I do like theirs better than the bumps but I would have chosen a different bedroom for Jackson, he has the darkest room in the whole house and I don't understand the whole "when we have more kids, then Cal and Jackson can share this room" when there are 2 other perfectly good rooms down there, they could still have their "dream" guestroom etc. Does anyone know where that other staircase went to, does it lead up to an outside door to the backyard?
that's what pissed me off... that calvin would only get his room until a baby came along, and then he would share with jackson. and they just kept repeating "when a baby, when more kids, when blah blah blah" like the two kids they have are only having what they have now until something ~better comes along.

ellie: new house, new car, new wardrobe, new kids.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”