DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I was laughing so hard at Bryan saying that Ollie was "old enough to help Finn open his presents". No, he was opening them period. He wanted them. Especially that truck that they got at Target.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

Bryan saying how Finn is "so spoiled." Excuse me?! It's about time the poor kid gets some toys-- and attention! I think Bryan spent more time engaging with Finn in this 1 vlog than he has in the entire year of daily vlogs!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Was Finn taught the baby sign language that Ollie was?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I was laughing so hard at Bryan saying that Ollie was "old enough to help Finn open his presents". No, he was opening them period. He wanted them. Especially that truck that they got at Target.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Is that a real technique with the fake eggs or Missy's idea? lol
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Oh goodness. They went all out for Finn's 1st birthday. Very cute and looked really fun for all the kids. Finley is such a sweet baby! His reaction to having the icing all over his hands was priceless lol.

Just adding this, the clothing that Missy got Kelsey and Corbin's baby are items that you can buy at Target now. A couple of them were even a new brand that wasn't out when Missy has been pregnant. But I must admit, I didn't find most of the stuff she bought very cute at all. Which is kind of hard to do with girls clothing, haha.

I think Bryan and Missy have almost equal amounts of insecurity, just deal with it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

The party was adorable. She had some really cute things there. I wasn't into the idea of the fall theme, but it does seem to fit with a 1 yr old party.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

I don't fault Missy for using Pinterest for ideas at all. I use it for planning my parties, along with all kinds of other things, like recipes. But the cultural appropriation in that gender reveal party was gross, and the fake out was boring and pointless.

If you're going to misspell pumpkin to be cute, the usual way to do it is "punkin"

I agree that that both Bryan and Missy seem very insecure, but cope with it differently
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

This is nitpicky of me, but why even bother naming him Finley if they never use it? Even his cake just said Fin....
underdog93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by underdog93 »

At 18:40 you can hear someone ask Ollie if he wanted a present. Poor Finn, can't even have his own birthday party.

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

I just remembered, the way they revealed the gender at K and C's party is nearly exactly the way they did it for Ollie's reveal, except everyone popped the balloons for Ollie's. Minus the dart board fake-out.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Right after you hear someone ask Ollie if he wants a present Missy has a Jenga game in her hand. So yes, 100% Ollie got presents for Finn's birthday. The fact that someone asked him if he wanted one makes me think there were more than one gift for him, if they asked people to bring him presents too that's an ALL TIME low for them. And it would make sense why Missy had to clean out the playroom.
I could be interpreting it wrong but I don't think Missy was trying to sing Happy Birthday to Ollie, I think she was looking at him trying to incourage him too sing to his brother. I don't think she should have been holding him, nor do I think he should have been able to blow out the candle (You sit it down try and get the kid to do it then blow it out yourself missy..). I also don't think he should have been allowed to open Finn's presents. What's going to happen when he's at some other child's party?? Do NOT let him be THAT kid Missy. I have, no joke and with zero shame do I admit this, but I have at one of my kids parties, made a parent come and take their child back to sit with them while my kid opened presents Bc he wasn't able to open a damn thing by himself. My kid was upset and on the verge of either tears or punching the kid Bc he was ripping open presents before my kid could get to them. I do not feel one bit of remorse for doing that either.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Right after you hear someone ask Ollie if he wants a present Missy has a Jenga game in her hand. So yes, 100% Ollie got presents for Finn's birthday. The fact that someone asked him if he wanted one makes me think there were more than one gift for him, if they asked people to bring him presents too that's an ALL TIME low for them. And it would make sense why Missy had to clean out the playroom.
I could be interpreting it wrong but I don't think Missy was trying to sing Happy Birthday to Ollie, I think she was looking at him trying to incourage him too sing to his brother. I don't think she should have been holding him, nor do I think he should have been able to blow out the candle (You sit it down try and get the kid to do it then blow it out yourself missy..). I also don't think he should have been allowed to open Finn's presents. What's going to happen when he's at some other child's party?? Do NOT let him be THAT kid Missy. I have, no joke and with zero shame do I admit this, but I have at one of my kids parties, made a parent come and take their child back to sit with them while my kid opened presents Bc he wasn't able to open a damn thing by himself. My kid was upset and on the verge of either tears or punching the kid Bc he was ripping open presents before my kid could get to them. I do not feel one bit of remorse for doing that either.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

The whole 1st birthday vlog was so cringeworthy.

Every time you all type C&K I automatically read it as Cullen and Katie.

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Playsinrain wrote: I could be interpreting it wrong but I don't think Missy was trying to sing Happy Birthday to Ollie, I think she was looking at him trying to incourage him too sing to his brother. I don't think she should have been holding him, nor do I think he should have been able to blow out the candle (You sit it down try and get the kid to do it then blow it out yourself missy..)
I agree, after watching C&K's vlog, it looks like she is trying to get Ollie to sing, and when she points, she's not pointing at him, I think she is trying to get him to look at the camera. But yeah, it's weird that she's holding Ollie and the cake
KatyLouWho
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KatyLouWho »

I'll bet that the reason that Kelsey didn't turn over the sign and re-do it was because the other side of the sign had gold paint splattered all over it from the gender reveal party. It really isn't a big deal that she spelled it wrong, but perhaps should have gone with it, and put a couple letters backwards or misspelled another word on the sign. It was pretty cute in the end anyway.

I just get so sick of their blogs being Bryan's narration of events, when I care what Missy thinks. I think that if I were someone who interacted with their family often I would enjoy Jim and Suzanne and just kind of shake my head at the things that Bryan and Missy do. I get the feeling that Bryan and Missy aren't as cautious with their money like Ellie and Jared are. I'd like to think that if YouTube just suddenly quit being lucrative for them that E&J would have enough savings to actually live on while they get a business up and running or find some other way to bring in money. I get the feeling that with Bryan and Missy things would get pretty rough pretty quick.
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

Personal

My two youngest siblings (who are still in elementary school) are 16 months apart. They constantly open each others' gifts when it isn't their birthday. It was so bad that for the younger years, 6 and below, people would bring gifts for the other child to not upset whichever one wasn't the birthday girl.

However!!! They have never displayed that behavior at another child's birthday. Maybe it is just a sibling rivalry thing?

Hopefully Ollie won't do that to another child. But I don't see an end to his competition with Finn anywhere in the next few decades.
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

honeybear wrote:This is nitpicky of me, but why even bother naming him Finley if they never use it? Even his cake just said Fin....
Yeah, it's slightly nitpicking. My youngest name is Alexandra but we just call her Alex.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Romeoxsavexme wrote:The whole 1st birthday vlog was so cringeworthy.

Every time you all type C&K I automatically read it as Cullen and Katie. Image

Me too lol i try to do it k&c

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
honeybear wrote:This is nitpicky of me, but why even bother naming him Finley if they never use it? Even his cake just said Fin....
Yeah, it's slightly nitpicking. My youngest name is Alexandra but we just call her Alex.
My name is Samantha and everyone has always called me Sam.

Return to “Daily Bumps”