Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

There is absolutely no reason why Jackson couldn't have gotten one of the other basement bedrooms with a real window. Ellie is so selfish. She wants those rooms to be for "when family or guests come to visit for a night or two" But not for your son who will be living in there every day. I feel so bad for Jackson. Calvin gets a humongous room close to his parents and Jackson gets stuck down in the basement with a room with the view of the enclosed well. How depressing. It's not too late to change it and move Jackson into one of the other bedrooms. The room isn't painted a different color, just move all the stuff out and give him a better view so that at least he feels somewhat comfortable so that he can look out the window and not feel like he's imprisoned in the basement alone. My heart breaks for him thinking of him alone in that big, dark basement all night. And he probably has to get out of bed and go up the stairs by himself to greet his parents in the morning. He's only 2 1/2 years old! Maybe Jared goes down there in the morning and wakes him up but I highly doubt Ellie does. She's too busy with Calvin. Jared should have built his office in the basement just like Ellie has her filming space in the basement. Why not have the two together instead of one up and one down and dedicate the basement for working space and then that room should have been for Jackson. These two are so unbelievably selfish. I think Jared is a good dad and that he genuinely loves and cares about Jackson and that's why I'm surprised that he didn't push for Jackson to be upstairs with them and be willing to build his office in the basement. How does he even get any work done with the kids and Ellie probably going in there and bothering him all day. His office in their old townhome was upstairs while Ellie and the kids were downstairs all day while he worked. It seemed to work out great. I wonder how it's going now. All of Ellie's attention goes to Calvin and she is annoyed by anything Jackson does. Every time Jackson does something, she screams like a little girl and forces the attention back on her or Calvin. Like when Jared was teaching Jackson how to ride his bike without training wheels and Ellie just had to put Calvin on it and push him. Let Jackson have his moment for once. Jackson is the cutest, sweetest kid. He makes my heart melt and I'd take him in a heartbeat. Ellie treats Calvin like a newborn and that throws me off about him. Go watch videos of Jackson when he was around Calvin's age. Huge difference. I know every child develops differently but Calvin is way behind. Jackson is so used to sleeping with his brother every night and then suddenly his parents put him alone in the basement away from the rest of the family at night in a room with a window with the view of an enclosed well and no outside view at all. That poor boy. They obviously don't have any insight into his needs. They could have at least transitioned him slowly by maybe having him and Calvin share for a couple nights and then maybe every other night they could put him in his room and see how he reacted to it. The first 2 nights he got out of bed and went to play in the playroom. No surprise there. What do you think he's going to do? It's just like weaning a baby off of formula or a pacifier, you have to do it slowly before you completely take it away or else you'll mess it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

One thing i just thought of.. Didnt jackson get his first haircut really early? Like 8 or 9 months? Has calvin had a haircut yet?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

One thing i just thought of.. Didnt jackson get his first haircut really early? Like 8 or 9 months? Has calvin had a haircut yet?

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

One of the things I find odd in their house is the fixtures. Why do they have some gold and some silver, doesn't really flow or match well. I don't know about you girls but I also thought that glold fixtures made it look older.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I also don't get why Jared doesn't have his office downstairs, or Calvin's room downstairs. He already was whispering in there because Calvin was next door sleeping. I wouldn't want to whisper and be silent because my kid is sleeping in the next room, when other decisions could've been made and prevented it. What are they going to do when guests come over for family gatherings? Calvin or whatever child is in that room will be napping, are they all going to whisper? I just do not understand why one kid is upstairs while the other is downstairs.

nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

I don't understand what made them select brown carpeting with the gray walls...it clashes horribly. If they didn't want more gray they could have selected a pretty slate blue carpet color...but that brown is just so drab and industrial looking. I'm also not a fan of their front door at all. They selected such a narrow, plain door for their grand entrance and stained it an ugly dark brown on the inside. They could have had side glass panels on the side of the entrance door to bring in more light and painted the door white instead of that dark brown. Their color schemes seem to be a mish mash of hit or miss ideas. I'm wondering if their decorator chose the colors or E & J did.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

nc_mom wrote:I don't understand what made them select brown carpeting with the gray walls...it clashes horribly. If they didn't want more gray they could have selected a pretty slate blue carpet color...but that brown is just so drab and industrial looking. I'm also not a fan of their front door at all. They selected such a narrow, plain door for their grand entrance and stained it an ugly dark brown on the inside. They could have had side glass panels on the side of the entrance door to bring in more light and painted the door white instead of that dark brown. Their color schemes seem to be a mish mash of hit or miss ideas. I'm wondering if their decorator chose the colors or E & J did.
I know at least with the clashing gold light fixtures, Ellie and Jared added those. I believe to create warmth or something.

Nothin could add warmth to Ellie's cold sterile world and heart. Nothin.
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

He didn't show it but those stairs in the basement by the kids play area leads up to the garage, so that if they do "make a studio" and close that room off in the garage, they will have stairs and a door from the inside. So those stairs will never ever be used.

And a toilet in the laundry room is so damn weird!!! I would never!
And I agree with the gold light fixtures and all silver door knobs.

PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

He didn't show it but those stairs in the basement by the kids play area leads up to the garage, so that if they do "make a studio" and close that room off in the garage, they will have stairs and a door from the inside. So those stairs will never ever be used.

mommadrama01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommadrama01 »

Totally off the house topic but Ellie is starting to look healthier I have noticed. She doesn't look so sickly thin. She's still super skinny but looks so much better then she did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

mommadrama01 wrote:Totally off the house topic but Ellie is starting to look healthier I have noticed. She doesn't look so sickly thin. She's still super skinny but looks so much better then she did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah she looks a lot healthier since she stopped breastfeeding. Her face looks so much healthier, not as withdrawn.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

PenelopeG wrote:He didn't show it but those stairs in the basement by the kids play area leads up to the garage, so that if they do "make a studio" and close that room off in the garage, they will have stairs and a door from the inside. So those stairs will never ever be used.

Thank you, I was wondering where those stairs led to, I was thinking it might have led to an outside door so thank you!!
TheChickenLady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TheChickenLady »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:All I got out of their home tour is who the heck has a toilet in their laundry room. Definitely not my test.
I have a toilet and a sink in my laundry room....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I'm still interested to know if everyone will be able to go sledding down the hill in the winter.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

shortstop wrote:I'm still interested to know if everyone will be able to go sledding down the hill in the winter.
From what I've gathered, they've left down one side of the house alone (where trucks have been coming in and out of the backyard. My guess is that that's where they'll sled down.

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

MrsBonsell09 wrote:
Denlillehavfrue wrote:All I got out of their home tour is who the heck has a toilet in their laundry room. Definitely not my test.

Why not? If you have the plumbing already available and lots of people in your family you can always use an extra bathroom lol
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

Holy cow how do they have this many views. 12 million just seems insane to me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

mommaof2cuties wrote:
MrsBonsell09 wrote:

Why not? If you have the plumbing already available and lots of people in your family you can always use an extra bathroom lol
The original plans had the or a bathroom separate from the laundry room which I think most would have chosen this layout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

BlueMountains wrote:One of the things I find odd in their house is the fixtures. Why do they have some gold and some silver, doesn't really flow or match well. I don't know about you girls but I also thought that glold fixtures made it look older.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
I think gold is returning and I use to like everything to match, but now I like the use of different materials. I do like her fixtures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

Is the laundry room toilet the one for guests to use? With no door? It's just open to the laundry room and then into the mudroom and kitchen? Was their another guest bathroom that I didn't catch? I wasn't paying that close attention to the video

Return to “Ellie and Jared”