JesssFam: Night of the Living Hernia (Part 76)

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Night of the Living Hernia (Part 76)

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Her complete lack of foresight bugs me so much. She's talking about how she has no idea where her kid is going to sleep at night and she just laughs it off..wtf? Stop planning children if you don't even know where to put them
Maisie_Claire
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Maisie_Claire »

hannahbanana wrote:I was watching her gender reveal with Landen, and in the comments people asking why did they receive a notification about this video. These comments are all from this week, has this happened to anyone who get notifications on YouTube? CAN you send notifications for old vlogs? I wouldn't put it pass Jess to trick her viewers into thinking that it's for baby skube.
Interesting... Wonder if you make a video private then public again it will send out a notification?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

I dont get the point in wasting the money on a crib if you know the baby will sleep in your bed anyways? If you want to test if the baby will sleep on its own, get a bassinet or a pack n play. So much cheaper than a crib, especially if you buy used.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:I dont get the point in wasting the money on a crib if you know the baby will sleep in your bed anyways? If you want to test if the baby will sleep on its own, get a bassinet or a pack n play. So much cheaper than a crib, especially if you buy used.
Buy used? GASP! Jess would never do such a thing!
SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

Wasn't it mentioned she bought a used mattress.
NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

all the inspirational quote decorations and mr and mrs decorations in Jess's house make me nauseous!
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

CypKitty wrote:
Iammrsnesbitt wrote:I dont get the point in wasting the money on a crib if you know the baby will sleep in your bed anyways? If you want to test if the baby will sleep on its own, get a bassinet or a pack n play. So much cheaper than a crib, especially if you buy used.
Buy used? GASP! Jess would never do such a thing!
I dunno she says she goes to yard sales all the time haha
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

NewEnglandGirl wrote:all the inspirational quote decorations and mr and mrs decorations in Jess's house make me nauseous!

Her room looks like everything is straight from Walmart's decor aisle. Tacky
Rolyat3ray
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Rolyat3ray »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
NewEnglandGirl wrote:all the inspirational quote decorations and mr and mrs decorations in Jess's house make me nauseous!

She was definitely right when she said the theme was yellow, white and grey. Literally everything was one of those and it blends together, she needs some accent colours!
Rolyat3ray
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Rolyat3ray »

Halloween I'm guessing Wizard of Oz or Superheros
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

luci417 wrote:
pllfan5 wrote:Jess said in the new video that they're planning on moving eventually so there are no long term plans yet of where the baby will sleep when he/she is older. If they do move I hope they get a 5 or 6 bedroom house or else things will be chaotic in the teen years, especially if Jess has more babies.
Hey, longtime lurker who finally made an account. Jesss is the yt mom im hugely irritated by but also sort of root for. Well I root for the kids, anyway.

I know it's been said before but what the hell is going to happen to all of those kids when they turn into teenagers? I mean, (optimistically) assuming everything goes smoothly with chris and jess staying together and not having anymore kids, jess going back to school, etc. they're still going to have SEVEN teenagers who will all want things like mobile phones, their own bedrooms, college tuition, etc. youtube's not going to last forever and even if jess retrains and goes back to work it seems like the skube gang's going to be really poor for quite a long time. They'll be the kids that everyone makes fun of if they're still wearing clothes from walmart and being driven around in the clown car when they're 16. I can't imagine tommy and caden are going to be eager to stay with their dad if that's what it's like. and that's a best case scenario!
I agree. I know it's awful but I can't see Jess's kids having the best teenage years and I hope that they will all do well in school and not follow in their parents' footsteps. I think Lilia will turn out ok since she has Gabe but I can see the boys having issues with Drake :(

I hope she will still be posting updates by then... if youtube is still a thing that is.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
Mamaandmore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamaandmore »

I actually liked her room/nursery tour. It's clean and organized and looks like she put thought into it. Remember when she was living at Mimi's how gross everything always was? At least she's trying - whether it's my specific style or not. Plus, it makes sense to me for them to share a room with the baby, as im a big co sleeper too and they seem to have the space for the baby stuff. All in all not hating on the last vid.
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

Her room might not be my style but everyone would bitch about how much money she spend if it was straight out of pottery barn or something. I don't like everything Jess does but I feel like she deserves a little bit of credit lately. She seems to be doing so much better.

And as far as the gendered stuff goes, I think its pretty obvious that Jess doesn't care whether her boys want to wear pink or if Lilia wanted to be a boy. Honestly, its obvious that Lilia is very much a girly girl and she is old enough to decide that stuff for herself so if she hated it, I am sure Lilia would make that known. But Jess doesn't only do traditional gendered stuff with the boys. The twins have done dance and gymnastics and t-ball and I am sure she'd let them do whatever. I totally see where she is coming from. You better believe when I have kids, I will gender the heck out of my kids until they are old enough to express desire otherwise and at that point, it is their choice. So I wouldn't go and buy a bunch of gender neutral stuff either. Especially because there isn't a lot of it.
tmarieme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tmarieme »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:

Most of my stuff is from amazon or walmart because that's all I can afford, I guess I am tacky too.

People complain when they have no decor, people complain when their decor is from a cheap store, and people complain if they spend too much on decor.

I'm sorry if that comes out as cold, it just seems ridiculous to me call someone tacky for where they buy their stuff. It's one thing to dislike how they decorate or think it's too much of one color or design but not everyone has the money to spend on things that go on the walls.
Last edited by tmarieme on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

literallywhat wrote:Her room might not be my style but everyone would bitch about how much money she spend if it was straight out of pottery barn or something. I don't like everything Jess does but I feel like she deserves a little bit of credit lately. She seems to be doing so much better.

And as far as the gendered stuff goes, I think its pretty obvious that Jess doesn't care whether her boys want to wear pink or if Lilia wanted to be a boy. Honestly, its obvious that Lilia is very much a girly girl and she is old enough to decide that stuff for herself so if she hated it, I am sure Lilia would make that known. But Jess doesn't only do traditional gendered stuff with the boys. The twins have done dance and gymnastics and t-ball and I am sure she'd let them do whatever. I totally see where she is coming from. You better believe when I have kids, I will gender the heck out of my kids until they are old enough to express desire otherwise and at that point, it is their choice. So I wouldn't go and buy a bunch of gender neutral stuff either. Especially because there isn't a lot of it.
There's so much more gender neutral stuff out now than when I was pregnant with my daughter and she's only two. I don't agree with you that Lilia is a die hard girly girl I think Jess makes it so Lilia wants to be a die hard girly girl like her mom or to please her mom. My niece is only 3 and she always wants to please my sister & brother in law and hates making them angry or sad. It's just a part of her personality, Lilia could be like that too. Idk she just seems to do as she's told, to me.
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

tmarieme wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:

What's tacky is judging someone based on where buy their decor from.
Most of my stuff is from amazon or walmart because that's all I can afford, I guess I am tacky too.

People complain when they have no decor, people complain when their decor is from a cheap store, and people complain if they spend too much on decor.
Walmart does have some pretty cute stuff. I think the OP meant Jess picked the tackiest quotes from Walmart and hung them up. But we all know she's obsessed with Hobby Lobby lol
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by MyGuiltyPleasure »

I cant get over how she doesnt know where the kid will sleep later on. Ive never seen someone who doesnt think ahead that badly. Youd think shes either clinically insane or has the mind set of a teenager, those are the only 2 types of people who cant think ahead and think about consequences of their actions, she has like zero foresight, its as if she does everything on a whim. They say at 25 your brain fully matures and youre able to think ahead maybe in her case she needs to wait till 35.

She said they plan to eventually move, like holy shit, how long does she think she has to do that? Does she plan on keeping the kid in their room till 2 years? thats weird and creepy. It takes a long time to shop for a house and all that, Ive never known anyone to have the kid then plan the move later on, most people buy the house they want for their family then expand it. Hell Landen doesnt even have a room and just plops wherever, and he usually sleeps in the top bunk alone, which to me suggests he wants his own bed. Not to mention can she even afford a house with 6 bedrooms???!!! Does she think shes a millionaire? They dont usually sell cheap houses with that many rooms. She already had 4-6 kids and couldnt rent a house with more than 4 rooms, she just thought landen would sleep wherever forever?And Id feel bad for Lilia if shes a teenager and has to share her room with a preschooler.

Side note, I was told in school that you shouldnt co-sleep, too dangerous but you should have the kid in the crib next to the bed.
MTcutie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MTcutie »

MyGuiltyPleasure wrote:I cant get over how she doesnt know where the kid will sleep later on. Ive never seen someone who doesnt think ahead that badly. Youd think shes either clinically insane or has the mind set of a teenager, those are the only 2 types of people who cant think ahead and think about consequences of their actions, she has like zero foresight, its as if she does everything on a whim. They say at 25 your brain fully matures and youre able to think ahead maybe in her case she needs to wait till 35.

She said they plan to eventually move, like holy shit, how long does she think she has to do that? Does she plan on keeping the kid in their room till 2 years? thats weird and creepy. It takes a long time to shop for a house and all that, Ive never known anyone to have the kid then plan the move later on, most people buy the house they want for their family then expand it. Hell Landen doesnt even have a room and just plops wherever, and he usually sleeps in the top bunk alone, which to me suggests he wants his own bed. Not to mention can she even afford a house with 6 bedrooms???!!! Does she think shes a millionaire? They dont usually sell cheap houses with that many rooms. She already had 4-6 kids and couldnt rent a house with more than 4 rooms, she just thought landen would sleep wherever forever?And Id feel bad for Lilia if shes a teenager and has to share her room with a preschooler.

Side note, I was told in school that you shouldnt co-sleep, too dangerous but you should have the kid in the crib next to the bed.
Co sleeping is a personal choice and can be done very safely.

But yeah she lives in California. No way she can afford a bigger house. If I were her I'd move to Utah or a "Mormon" state where large families are accepted and it's cheaper to love there. But she'd probably never Modesto because she has so much family. But who knows. I'd love to see her spread her wings a bit tbh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

Buying all that stuff is a waste of money. I went all out for my first. Bought pretty much everything o seen and wanted for my daughter. She barely used it all, didn't wear half of the clothes because she grew so fast. I saved everything she owned planning to use it for my next. If it wasn't for my basement flooding during the hurricane a few years ago. Ruined everything [CRYING FACE]. When we got pregnant last year I vowed to buy less things and gender neutral for future babies. She's had 3 other kids, why the hell would she give everything away after each pregnancy knowing damn well she would pop out more. I spent a total of $150 for everything for my son. Including clothes, dresser, changing table, crib, carseat, stroller, swing, bouncer, and pack and play. All excellent USED condition. You look at these things and swear they are brand new. She has so many kids you'd think she would know what babies actually get good use out of and what they dont. You don't need a rock and play, bouncer, swing, rocker all at once. Choose one. Serves the same purpose. Only reason I have 2 is because I have a 3 story home. Much easier to leave on upstairs and downstairs. She has a perfectly good boppy pillow from landen, buy a new cover If need be. Perfectly good crib from landen, oh God it's not white. SO WHAT it's a damn crib which by the way is purely for show. She could of waited till baby was older and actually used it to buy it. She could of waited to buy any big items if color was a big issue. They don't pop out needed to be put in a swing right away. For all her kids she has spent thousands on shit she really didn't need. Oh wait, except all the free shit she got from her online baby shower

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

MyGuiltyPleasure wrote:I cant get over how she doesnt know where the kid will sleep later on. Ive never seen someone who doesnt think ahead that badly. Youd think shes either clinically insane or has the mind set of a teenager, those are the only 2 types of people who cant think ahead and think about consequences of their actions, she has like zero foresight, its as if she does everything on a whim. They say at 25 your brain fully matures and youre able to think ahead maybe in her case she needs to wait till 35.

Yeah I agree. I can't believe they decided to add a seventh kid to their four bedroom house. I can't imagine any sane person that would actually plan on doing that.

Personal: I grew up in a big family with 8 kids. We always had a 12 seater van, which I didn't mind as a young kid. But when I was 12, my classmates started to make fun Of me. I actually told my mom not to pick me up in front of the school anymore.

Return to “JesssFam”