DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

Unread post by tintin15 »

addyrs wrote:I know this was brought up when they went to Disneyland, but does anyone else think that Ollie has NO personality and shows little to no emotion? His expressions, the way he talks, his reactions to things- always the same. Even when his dad came home he didn't even seem phased. Not that it's his fault of course, but how can a 3 year old already be so emotionless? Preschoolers are so lively and excitable. Rarely we've seen Ollie genuinely excited about something. I can only hope off-camera he is different.
That's very true. Even spoiled kids DO get excited about things, especially at that age. Toddlers are very bubbly and over the top, it's the best thing about them. Ollie does have his moments, but he generally is very subdued. Even though he is spoiled, you would think he would still get excited on the rides at Disney. Rides are still fun and give you fun feelings. Maybe the park itself doesn't dazzle when you go there several times a year, but some things should still be fun. And most kids are so excited to see their parents, even if they've only been gone an hour...so weird.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

addyrs wrote:I know this was brought up when they went to Disneyland, but does anyone else think that Ollie has NO personality and shows little to no emotion? His expressions, the way he talks, his reactions to things- always the same. Even when his dad came home he didn't even seem phased. Not that it's his fault of course, but how can a 3 year old already be so emotionless? Preschoolers are so lively and excitable. Rarely we've seen Ollie genuinely excited about something. I can only hope off-camera he is different.

I was just thinking the same as my husband got home from work my 3 and 1 year old were waiting by the door for him to walk in.
She shows so much excitement it saddens me that Ollie doesn't feel that!

Even Peyton was so excited over a postcard and teddy bear I thought it was so cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

soccergirl12843 wrote:I wonder how they booked flights without. The kids passports ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037R using Tapatalk
I fly international all the time, and I don't need my passport when I book flights. I just need to enter it before I can check-in. Perhaps it depends on the airline.

I just got a new passport back in August, and booked international flights for Christmas before I even got my new one back.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Side note I love how Mimi immediately pushed the iPad away when Missy walked in with the camera.

A video pop up in my recommended the other it was a lady ranting about the hate comments she has a beauty channel then a family vlog called the schruman show or something anywho what I got out of it is there are key words you can enter in to have them be filtered out. I want to know how many and what Bryan and missy have in place. And who gets the fun job of emptying all their hate comments

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

pic1.png
pic2.png
Let's make some birthday pancakes soaked up in tons of fatty butter....just the way his daddy eats hahaha

I love how Missy decided to put the gigantic ceramic plate in front of Finn and light it in front of him as well....while they were singing 90% of her attention was on filming Ollie sing (which he hardly did because he just stands there with no expression)...to end it off she just left the plate for Finn to eat...one shove and that whole plate would be a giant disaster on the floor!! I don't feel like Missy acts like a new mom....I feel like she acts like she just became an adult!!

If that wasn't annoying enough....she did the same thing in front of her family later in the vlog...Finn almost put his little finger in the flame both times!! She clearly doesn't learn anything the first time does she??

Okay I know everyone that travels loves to buy gifts and spoil their family when they come back...but how many more toys do these kids really need?? 1 toy each would do just fine...Ollie has no expression when he is given anything....I would be really worried if I were them!!
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Sorry I'm posting so much today lol

But why did they give Finn so many pancakes and strawberries? He just turned one. His stomach is still so tiny. I imagine that food was wasted...

Then again, I also imagine Missy giving the rest to Bryan later on and him just sitting in a dark corner, shoving everything into his mouth viciously, surrounded by crumbs, strawberry hand prints on the walls as he listens to his brand new single...
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

Missy and ollie singing Finley happy birthday in the beginning of the vlog was so sad. Ollie was so hard to understand and Bryans "concert" was more important than being with his son on his first birthday. I know he won't remember him not being there but he has these videos to look back on, only to find Bryan be the same way with his son as his dad was with him.

They should of waited to give ollie the presents til the next day since it was Finleys birthday and to help him understand that it's not all about ollie.

B really doesn't know age appropriate toys, he got him one with little pieces he could choke on!

On another note, Finn with the dog cotume was the cutest thing ever!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I am not trying to diagnose, but Ollie's complete lack of excitement really concerns me. And if someone said something to Bryan and Missy, they would probably say "he gets excited!" because they say "Ollie, are you excited?" And he says "yeah" in a monotone voice. But when he gets presents, all he says is "open it", and then he doesn't act happy or anything. When Gaines opens presents, she gets this amazed expression on her face. So does Noah on Samika vlogs. Preschoolers are so charming and excited about everything. And having very little contact with other kids hasn't helped Bryan and Missy know what other kids act like. I think that's pert of why they're clueless about his speech too. Except for Peyton and Olivia, all the kids they ever see around him are a year younger-- Jackson and Gaines are just 2. I don't know what he's like off camera, but they should be at least concerned, I think.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ScenicBecky
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ScenicBecky »

Screenshot_20161026-101846.png

Now I understand why Bryan wears the shirt with the holes in it...
Also the video this is screen shot from is about Justin dropping the mic and leaving the stage because the fans wouldn't stop screaming and then they started booing when he asked them to stop so he could talk to them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Finn is so dang cute and gets cuter. Unfortunately, Ollie looks just like his father, he may be cute now... poor thing.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
janem wrote:
This came up on my twitter feed. A couple of things that make me wonder...
He says that he was bullied in high school yet the story he tells is in 3rd grade. He never says anything again about high school.

I'm sorry but I question a teacher "storming into the bathroom" to tell him he's going to be in the school choir. As a teacher that doesn't make sense. He makes it sound like it was a woman teacher. Sorry but I don't know too many teachers that would rush into the boys bathroom b/c a kid was singing. No sense.

I find it very, very hard to believe he had such a great voice at 8 years old and what it sounds like now (Finns bday song in today's vlog...could really hear how bad he was because he was holding the camera).

He's beginning to make everything about him and this singing crap. Wasn't she the one that started on YouTube first?

I think Bryan was always behind the YouTube thing. I think talking about Gabriel was a deliberate (and opportunistic) way to get their foot in the door and gain an audience and sympathy. I don't believe die a second that Missy just started it and came up with the idea on her own. Even if you go back to the first vlogs, Bryan was the main vlogger.
I completely agree with this. It was obvious from very early on that he fangirled over the shaytards and wanted to be friends with bigger vloggers. The miscarriages were a way to be relatable on YouTube. It's obvious Missy wasn't just looking to be a part of a mom community. Even E&J were the same way. Jared was anxiously waiting until they could Daily vlog.
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

Finn in the puppy costume was ridiculously cute. It's really sad how obviously they favour Ollie. I mean the toys they got Finn for his bday were obviously more for Ollie, they weren't age appropriate for Finn at all! Also I found it interesting with the kissing, Ollie insisting on giving kisses, seemed like he wanted the attention on him not Finn. He does seem to be getting better at playing with Finn though
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Looks like his song is completely off the iTunes Charts in both pop and all genres. Well that was short-lived. I think even less than that other one. Hope everyone that he paid to make these things took his money and ran all the way to the bank b/c there's no $$$ to be made once it's released.

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

tintin15 wrote:Sorry I'm posting so much today lol

But why did they give Finn so many pancakes and strawberries? He just turned one. His stomach is still so tiny. I imagine that food was wasted...

Then again, I also imagine Missy giving the rest to Bryan later on and him just sitting in a dark corner, shoving everything into his mouth viciously, surrounded by crumbs, strawberry hand prints on the walls as he listens to his brand new single...
They did it for the 9 year old fans most likely. They probably do most of the crap they do just to appeal to their audience who is now just a bunch of children.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Ollie is still just 3 years old. Three year olds are selfish and egocentric. *No need to tell stories about how your three year old organized a fundraiser or joined The Peace Corps.* I do wonder how he will learn empathy when his parents seem to lack any. I thought Ollie was cute in the beginning. He seems so much more behaved on the vlog when Bryan isn't telling him what to say and do.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Are they back at Disneyland? I'm a Disney fanatic but Missy and the boys were just there!
addyrs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by addyrs »

Cgl33 wrote:Are they back at Disneyland? I'm a Disney fanatic but Missy and the boys were just there!
Pretty sure the picture Missy posted was from the last time they went. Ollie's outfit is the same. (:
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I think they keep buying and buying hoping he'll respond with excitement..

Here's a big present Ollie!! You like it huh?? Yah..It's cool huh?? Yah..You're happy huh?? Ya..say I love you dadda. Luv you da da.

cupcakemama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cupcakemama »

I just know the difference i see in ollie with my three year old. Mine gets excited about cars and lego houses and magic tracks and the warm blanket and pokemon. I know ollie is into other stuff but we never really see him yell and get excited like I know at least mine to. Thats what concerns me.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

cupcakemama wrote:I just know the difference i see in ollie with my three year old. Mine gets excited about cars and lego houses and magic tracks and the warm blanket and pokemon. I know ollie is into other stuff but we never really see him yell and get excited like I know at least mine to. Thats what concerns me.

I see it too. My son is almost two, and although he has a fairly serious side, he also can get animated and excited. Tonight he was excited just watching a silly YT video of a man playing with toys. I must have heard "yellow" and "pink" yelled at least 20 times! When do we see Ollie act like that? He seems so blank half the time. If it's because he has nothing to get excited about or look forward to, then that's incredibly sad.

Although I do think the Hollisters are good and loving grandparents, I think they are doing an incredible disservice to those kids by not making Missy and Bryan grow up. Mimi and Papa can't make up for the damage B&M are doing in spoiling and jading Oliver. If they insist on being super involved in Missy's life, then the meat they could do is actually step it up and get involved by telling Missy she's no longer a teenager anymore, and it's time to start really caring for (and taking an interest in!) her children herself.

Return to “Daily Bumps”