Sorry if it's been said before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by staceymj »

rosethorn12 wrote:I don't get why she doesn't put her grandmother's painting in the guest room. She already has the chair in there. Not everyone is going to enjoy seeing it in an awkard place like the laundry room/bathroom.

Exactly, especially considering she plans on styling that room vintage (or antique as she calls it). It makes so much more sense to display it where it will be seen than in the laundry where it will get moisture in it and to mouldy and get ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anniewix
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by anniewix »

i would hate to be the bank dumb enough to give them the loan for this house. Even if they are making a lot now their income is not secure nor guaranteed. It seems so foolish to buy a million dollar home right when you hit it big on YouTube. Their subscribers could leave them high and dry at any time. Their income is based on if people find them interesting enough. They act like it's their career and they are set. They should have bought a home like Bonnie did paid it off and remodeled it like she did. If your income is something as unstable as YouTube views you better be paying cash for literally everything imo. I have a feeling they are not and it's going to bite them in the butt.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

anniewix wrote:i would hate to be the bank dumb enough to give them the loan for this house. Even if they are making a lot now their income is not secure nor guaranteed. It seems so foolish to buy a million dollar home right when you hit it big on YouTube. Their subscribers could leave them high and dry at any time. Their income is based on if people find them interesting enough. They act like it's their career and they are set. They should have bought a home like Bonnie did paid it off and remodeled it like she did. If your income is something as unstable as YouTube views you better be paying cash for literally everything imo. I have a feeling they are not and it's going to bite them in the butt.
That's not the case though, all the YouTubers making big money have bought houses, or will eventually, shaytards have enough money to stop vlogging altogether for a whole year, it's crazy how much YouTuber's make. And I'm not even talking about the big ones, even smaller beauty gurus are buying houses at 18.
It's crazy, if I was them I would be worried about long-term.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

kates_crush wrote:
anniewix wrote:i would hate to be the bank dumb enough to give them the loan for this house. Even if they are making a lot now their income is not secure nor guaranteed. It seems so foolish to buy a million dollar home right when you hit it big on YouTube. Their subscribers could leave them high and dry at any time. Their income is based on if people find them interesting enough. They act like it's their career and they are set. They should have bought a home like Bonnie did paid it off and remodeled it like she did. If your income is something as unstable as YouTube views you better be paying cash for literally everything imo. I have a feeling they are not and it's going to bite them in the butt.
That's not the case though, all the YouTubers making big money have bought houses, or will eventually, shaytards have enough money to stop vlogging altogether for a whole year, it's crazy how much YouTuber's make. And I'm not even talking about the big ones, even smaller beauty gurus are buying houses at 18.
It's crazy, if I was them I would be worried about long-term.
Shay is in a completely different category than other vloggers. He sold Maker for millions! He's set without YT.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

rosethorn12 wrote:I don't get why she doesn't put her grandmother's painting in the guest room. She already has the chair in there. Not everyone is going to enjoy seeing it in an awkard place like the laundry room/bathroom.

Because the guest room isn't "her" room. Jared gets the office. Ellie gets the laundry room. Duh. :)
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by claireprairie123 »

I would wager the entire project was $1million. So house was maybe $500-$600k (which is more indicative of the higher end Utah market) and the rest is the landscaping, furniture, etc. Furnishing an entire new house with entirely new things isn't cheap. So I'd guess that's the entire project cost, not just the house cost.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

Does anyone who had figured out their address know what other houses in that area cost? Isn't there some rules about cost and being able to be appraised?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

claireprairie123 wrote:I would wager the entire project was $1million. So house was maybe $500-$600k (which is more indicative of the higher end Utah market) and the rest is the landscaping, furniture, etc. Furnishing an entire new house with entirely new things isn't cheap. So I'd guess that's the entire project cost, not just the house cost.
I agree just the size alone would make it more of a $500-$600k dollar home and they've spent a lot on furniture, hot tub and making this lot somewhat buildable. Someone said the builder didn't recommend this lot and I must have missed it since I would say he is so right. They had to put a lot into this lot to make even the small backyard they have and those darn window wells I just really think look terrible. Her mom has a rambler with no walk out so I doubt they see this as an issue.

The furniture, while is good quality, it will wear especially having a two year old who is nauseous sleeping on a light color couch with a bucket.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:Does anyone who had figured out their address know what other houses in that area cost? Isn't there some rules about cost and being able to be appraised?
I don't know what the houses in that area cost, but I'm assuming that since many lots were bought and built by owners and not developers, the costs will range depending on what size house was built. For example, Ellie and Jared's new house would cost way more than some of the smaller houses nearby.
I think Bonnie's area was built by a developer, who built the same size houses in one neighborhood, which would result in all of them being approximately the same price.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

E&Js street is in a newly developed subdivision. Most of the houses were built within the last few years. There haven't been a lot of home sales yet, but a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1600 sqft home sold for $247500 last year. It was built in 2012. It looks like most of the lots on that street were in the $60-$80k range, with E&J likely getting a steal on theirs since it was a less desirable piece of land and the last to be sold off.

Bottom line, it's a street with all new homes, but nothing near what E&J have spent. It's unlikely they will get their money back if they were to sell.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I really don't think their house cost $1,000,000. Utah real estate is pretty cheap, a newly built 5 bedroom house usually goes for less than $300k. I think that the designer was estimating a median cost for Houzz because real estate prices vary. I'm certain E&J spent more than the norm for their house in their area considering it was a custom build, and they bought all the interior decor brand new, but I can't imagine it's even close to a million.
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

tratra58 wrote: Someone said the builder didn't recommend this lot and I must have missed it since I would say he is so right. They had to put a lot into this lot to make even the small backyard they have and those darn window wells I just really think look terrible.
I could be way off, but if I remember correctly... It was a different builder than the 1 who wound up building for them. I want to say they selected "the winner" out of a field of 3 or 4 different builders (the guy definitely drew the short straw with E+J! LOL). I'm pretty sure they kicked the guy (who advised not building on that lot) to the curb the minute he made the suggestion. I don't think they'd even bought the lot yet when he told them they should look elsewhere? But we all know Ellie can't take no for an answer! She had her heart set to build on the neighborhood sledding hill, & she wouldn't stop til she found a "yes man" to do it for her! I think another guy also agreed to build there for them, but she went with the poor bastard that built Mommy's house (which she'd probably planned on all along!)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

yoyo16 wrote:
Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:Does anyone who had figured out their address know what other houses in that area cost? Isn't there some rules about cost and being able to be appraised?
I don't know what the houses in that area cost, but I'm assuming that since many lots were bought and built by owners and not developers, the costs will range depending on what size house was built. For example, Ellie and Jared's new house would cost way more than some of the smaller houses nearby.
I think Bonnie's area was built by a developer, who built the same size houses in one neighborhood, which would result in all of them being approximately the same price.

From the footage of E+J neighborhood, I would say all the houses run the same size on their side of the street and in fact some of the lots must have cost more since basically they were better lots so I could even see their house valued more. The homes above them (looking out their backyard) are larger homes, nicer lots and so I Image they are more expensive with walk out lots and their location with more private views.

This neighborhood also could have been partially built by a developer. This seems like a lone lot left in the neighborhood that they purchased.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WTFoxtrot wrote:
tratra58 wrote: Someone said the builder didn't recommend this lot and I must have missed it since I would say he is so right. They had to put a lot into this lot to make even the small backyard they have and those darn window wells I just really think look terrible.
I could be way off, but if I remember correctly... It was a different builder than the 1 who wound up building for them. I want to say they selected "the winner" out of a field of 3 or 4 different builders (the guy definitely drew the short straw with E+J! LOL). I'm pretty sure they kicked the guy (who advised not building on that lot) to the curb the minute he made the suggestion. I don't think they'd even bought the lot yet when he told them they should look elsewhere? But we all know Ellie can't take no for an answer! She had her heart set to build on the neighborhood sledding hill, & she wouldn't stop til she found a "yes man" to do it for her! I think another guy also agreed to build there for them, but she went with the poor bastard that built Mommy's house (which she'd probably planned on all along!)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Their builder her mom recommended wasn't an area builder and was an hour away from their site. You are probably right with a different builder pointing out the problems with this lot and the losers of this building project are likely thankful they were never part of this process on their vlogs. I never understood why they put so much into what their mom said with building or decorating since I don't like Jennifer's house at all which hasn't been updated since it was built in the 80's.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

I'm guessing that Aggro Crag of a yard cost a pretty penny. All that rock and landscaping probably wasn't cheap.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:E&Js street is in a newly developed subdivision. Most of the houses were built within the last few years. There haven't been a lot of home sales yet, but a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1600 sqft home sold for $247500 last year. It was built in 2012. It looks like most of the lots on that street were in the $60-$80k range, with E&J likely getting a steal on theirs since it was a less desirable piece of land and the last to be sold off.

Bottom line, it's a street with all new homes, but nothing near what E&J have spent. It's unlikely they will get their money back if they were to sell.
That's just it many of the things they've invested in will lose value or add little value.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
LameDashO
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LameDashO »

exracer wrote:I'm guessing that Aggro Crag of a yard cost a pretty penny. All that rock and landscaping probably wasn't cheap.
Yes! Brilliant "Guts" reference! Lol

And yeah I feel like that yard, hot tub, hobbit thing, and landscaping was/is almost as expensive as that shitty lot was in the first place!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I really don't get the hobbit hole thing at all. I haven't seen one before though. I'm glad they are doing something for the kids though. Just the price for the cement to pour that and the huge hot tub hole had to be tons of $. I'd love up hear what their neighbors think of them!!
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

have they mentioned anything about getting a fence? i assume they will because they'll likely leave the precious pup they eventually get outside like ruby does, but I'm really curious how it will look on the hill.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”