DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyCambodiaLiving (Part 74)

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

I thought the video was very well done. But the song just doesn't work for me, not musically nor lyrically. And while I see where he was trying to go with the message, its just such a disconnect from the video to the song.

And he still sounds awful.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

daisy1000 wrote:
Lurker4Life wrote:I think the story behind Bryan's song is important, like dealing with an abusive relationship no matter what your personality is excruciating, and even harder to publicly talk about it.

In saying that, if I hadn't watched the vlogs or seen the music video I would have had no idea that the song related to that. I get in the vlog Bryan said something about capturing the 'lighter' parts of being in Idaho, but then why pair it with a music video like that? I think he had a real opportunity to put a heartfelt, emotional song out there which would connect a lot more with the 'audience he was trying to reach' (the audience in his opinion), like he could have written more about the struggles or something and had a bridge which showed how things had changed to convey his message.

Idk, that's just my opinion, I feel like the song could have been a lot more powerful and had a deeper meaning.

Also, what kinda bugs me is, I get they don't like talking about things in the past, but Bryan has a platform where he could actually make a difference. He could do fundraisers for foundations who help people who have been through what he has, or he could work with groups that deal with alcoholics and stuff, but instead he completely ignores it. I'm not saying he has to talk about it 24/7 but he could make a difference, even if it was something like 5% of sales on Idaho went to a domestic violence charity.
This is why I believe Bryan has good intentions, but he fails at executing them correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think his intentions are good at all. It's all me,me, me. I, I, I. What _I_ went through, I was bullied, I was picked on by my stepdad, etc. He isn't trying to help anyone or empower anyone. He _says_ he wants to inspire people, but inspire them to do what? Buy his crap music, mostly. He isn't giving back at all. He is just manipulating people to make money off it. Like you said, if he donated some of the proceeds, it might be better. Ha! What proceeds? He spent so much making the album and music videos!
I don't mean to rant, but someone using their story to gain sympathy and make money like this really chaps me. Like HS said -- we all have our stories here, and Bryan isn't trying to help anyone. He is just trying to grab a buck any way he can. And that's not ok. There are too many people out there suffering and rising above it and helping others for me to think he's anything but greedy and thinking the world owes him something for what he went through. "Bow to the royals", indeed.
Sorry for the long quote tree and rant!
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

lmmomSD wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:
Lurker4Life wrote:I think the story behind Bryan's song is important, like dealing with an abusive relationship no matter what your personality is excruciating, and even harder to publicly talk about it.

In saying that, if I hadn't watched the vlogs or seen the music video I would have had no idea that the song related to that. I get in the vlog Bryan said something about capturing the 'lighter' parts of being in Idaho, but then why pair it with a music video like that? I think he had a real opportunity to put a heartfelt, emotional song out there which would connect a lot more with the 'audience he was trying to reach' (the audience in his opinion), like he could have written more about the struggles or something and had a bridge which showed how things had changed to convey his message.

Idk, that's just my opinion, I feel like the song could have been a lot more powerful and had a deeper meaning.

Also, what kinda bugs me is, I get they don't like talking about things in the past, but Bryan has a platform where he could actually make a difference. He could do fundraisers for foundations who help people who have been through what he has, or he could work with groups that deal with alcoholics and stuff, but instead he completely ignores it. I'm not saying he has to talk about it 24/7 but he could make a difference, even if it was something like 5% of sales on Idaho went to a domestic violence charity.
This is why I believe Bryan has good intentions, but he fails at executing them correctly.

I don't think his intentions are good at all. It's all me,me, me. I, I, I. What _I_ went through, I was bullied, I was picked on by my stepdad, etc. He isn't trying to help anyone or empower anyone. He _says_ he wants to inspire people, but inspire them to do what? Buy his crap music, mostly. He isn't giving back at all. He is just manipulating people to make money off it. Like you said, if he donated some of the proceeds, it might be better. Ha! What proceeds? He spent so much making the album and music videos!
I don't mean to rant, but someone using their story to gain sympathy and make money like this really chaps me. Like HS said -- we all have our stories here, and Bryan isn't trying to help anyone. He is just trying to grab a buck any way he can. And that's not ok. There are too many people out there suffering and rising above it and helping others for me to think he's anything but greedy and thinking the world owes him something for what he went through. "Bow to the royals", indeed.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Very well said. Have to agree about giving back... what has he ever done? I agree that I doubt there are any proceeds from this whole thing but with the amount of $$ they bring in they do so much good with it. Even to organizations that deal with infant loss. Making an egotistical song and video is not going to change people.
Bryan has been in front of the camera enough he knows exactly how to work/play it. That's exactly what he was doing in today's vlog.

Ollie... poop outside? Really? I wouldn't be surprised if they let him pee out there so he figured why not?
Bryans twitter post of Ollie repeating/singing was horrible. How could anyone not think he has speech problems? Could only really understand about 5% of what he said.

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

It cracks me up that Bryan blurred his license plate like what do you think we're going to do? Get a hook up at the DMV and stalk you?

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
ferriswheel wrote:For some reason the part of the music video with the kids made me think of Where the Wild Things Are.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
I feel like its a rip off of a lot of things! For some reason i keep thinking of joey graceffas music video where he comes out as gay.

I thought of that too! Maybe the monster was B being gay and missy fought it off lmao.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

julim94 wrote:Just saying, my dad is an alcoholic and I still love my dad when he is not drunk. I used to be upset when my dad gets drunk, but now as 22 years old, i don't get upset when my dad drinks because my dad choose to be drunk and i don't want follow in his footsteps. My dad and i are not close, but he is my dad and i can't change his habits and im just thankful to have a dad in my life, i do regret not having an father and daughter relationship, but its not my fault and i can't do anything to get it. I stay strong and just learn from my dad poor habits

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk
Thats not the same with everyone. My dad was an alcoholic and drug addict and I chose to stay away from him, nk matter how much he tries to squeeze himself in my life. There are things that you just can't forgive or forget. I have nev3mer sided with B but I get where he comes from. He has a right to still be mad about his dad, even though he died recently. Wonder why his mom stuck by B's dad?

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

BlueMountains wrote:
julim94 wrote:Just saying, my dad is an alcoholic and I still love my dad when he is not drunk. I used to be upset when my dad gets drunk, but now as 22 years old, i don't get upset when my dad drinks because my dad choose to be drunk and i don't want follow in his footsteps. My dad and i are not close, but he is my dad and i can't change his habits and im just thankful to have a dad in my life, i do regret not having an father and daughter relationship, but its not my fault and i can't do anything to get it. I stay strong and just learn from my dad poor habits

Thats not the same with everyone. My dad was an alcoholic and drug addict and I chose to stay away from him, nk matter how much he tries to squeeze himself in my life. There are things that you just can't forgive or forget. I have nev3mer sided with B but I get where he comes from. He has a right to still be mad about his dad, even though he died recently. Wonder why his mom stuck by B's dad?

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, just got a new phone and still getting used to the keyboard.

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:When missy said she was making a Betty Crocker recipe I cracked up... that's not a recipe, that's a box haha.
Also, I wonder what Bryan's mom thinks of his video. I wouldn't ever put stuff out there that makes my mom look bad.

What video? The music one?
The vlog when it was her birthday. So yesterday's I think.

The thing about his dad?

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

hes spending $1200 on a motorised freaking skateboard! Whhhhhhhhhhat. the. fuck. The dude doesnt go outside long enough to benefit a skateboard!!!!!!
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

BlueMountains wrote:

Pretty sure it was his step father not his father. Growing up his dad wasn't in his life

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

PosyGirl72 wrote: The thing about his dad?
Stuff about his dad was in the music video.
Missy showing the boxed cake was her birthday vlog, which was yesterday.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Bryan's music is mostly about their high school relationship. I think that's really odd considering he's grown with kids. I get the excitement of a teenage relationship, but relationships get a lot more complex and interesting with more mature feelings.

It also seems like he is singing about an entirely different couple than what we see in the vlogs. Bryan continues with the theme that Missy was his saving grace. We never see that in their vlogs. We saw her make digs at Bryan after Finn's gender reveal. She grimaces when he tries to show her affection and she rarely says nice things about him on social media or the vlogs except that he provides. That's the same person who was his saving grace? Does anyone else feel like they are together not because of their relationship now but because of how it was in high school?
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Bryan must have expected the video to blow up and get heaps of views. Yes they spend $1000s on pointless stuff, but at the same time I feel they are money hungry and would always be looking for ways to get more cash. Unless Bryan did the music video and the whole album to fill his massive ego. I'm thinking its a mixture of both.

Anyway, the reason I'm saying this is that (mind you I don't know how youtube payments work) but from what I have researched, the music video has no where near enough views to even come close to earning a profit. I doubt its going to be picked up and he will get paid royalties for it, so he would be at a massive loss.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

Cgl33 wrote:Bryan's music is mostly about their high school relationship. I think that's really odd considering he's grown with kids. I get the excitement of a teenage relationship, but relationships get a lot more complex and interesting with more mature feelings.
I don't think it's odd because those are the topics that pander to his preteen audience, and he knows it. Singing about anything deeper won't resonate with them.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

These fools have done absolutely nothing to benefit a single thing on this planet besides themselves. They are beyond greedy. First they used missy miscarriages and still birth to gain attention, it worked, everyone watches because they think missy had a baby full term and it passed away in the babies last trimester. That's appealing to people especially teenagers. They want to see if they talk about the baby who passed away. No they don't, but people watch hoping she brings it up.

They are the nastiest people in YouTube lol seriously who using fetal death to profit $$$$$$ look where it got them, millionaires who love to spend.

They don't do any volunteer work in their community, they don't raise awareness, they don't help charities they can relate to, they have the biggest platform. Nada. Lazy couch potatoes

They are greedy by just looking at there vlog titles.

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

[/quote] I don't think his intentions are good at all. It's all me,me, me. I, I, I. What _I_ went through, I was bullied, I was picked on by my stepdad, etc. He isn't trying to help anyone or empower anyone. He _says_ he wants to inspire people, but inspire them to do what? Buy his crap music, mostly. He isn't giving back at all. He is just manipulating people to make money off it. Like you said, if he donated some of the proceeds, it might be better. Ha! What proceeds? He spent so much making the album and music videos!
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

That's basically what I am trying to say. Bryan has good intentions with talking about this stuff BUT he doesn't execute it correctly because he doesn't actually go out and do what he says he is trying to do. He does a lot of talking but not a lot of action.

I am not saying they have to do charity but they have talked about a lot of heavy stuff which has drawn people to their channel from the start and a lot of grown people look up to them (not just 12 year olds either) but they don't do anything to pay them back or paint a realistic life either.
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Interesting thing on the 'deformity' vlog. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there was a comment saying how insensitive the title was (someone here?) anyway, it had over 200 likes and a massive comment thread (which I was possibly involved in). Now I'm pretty sure its deleted. I get the Bumps deleting minor hate comments, but this was the most popular comment on the video. Another case of 'pretend it doesn't exist and nothing bad will happen'
gatorade
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gatorade »

so missy got a piano for her birthday so bryan can use it... now he got a skateboard..someones desperate for vlog content

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bumblebee93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bumblebee93 »

That moving guy has shown up again - any ideas why? Maybe Missy's parents are moving nearer them/with them.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

https://youtu.be/PKYtQFhOznI

Look at the way he acts! He called him s rockstar! Lol, like hell he would say that about him now! But his singing is still average.

Return to “Daily Bumps”