Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by tratra58 »

I think you need to be very careful with HSV-1 when it comes to kissing, using eating utensils etc.. even without an outbreak or visible blister or cold sore it can spread to others. MRSA/VRE/Hepatitis that is known by a person do or should go to great lengths to ensure they do not spread it through body fluids to others and hand washing is a big deal with spreading disease. Bonnie, who I've seen with a cold sore, should be more careful than others with known HSV-1 and to me it is gross the way she sucks on an end of a candy which is in her child's mouth. I just don't get it, but it is my personal opinion and Bonnie is a Youtube mom I like better than most.

I am a mom and if I had HSV-1 I would avoid kissing my child with or without an outbreak (perhaps the cheek if I didn't have a cold sore.) A hug is another great way to show affection and I am a big hand washer which I've taught my kids to do to avoid colds, flus etc. I am grateful my family kisses on the cheek and my spouse's family....not even a hand shake lol. The Griffith sisters, who several I have noted with cold sores, got them from family members is my thoughts. It just something they could avoid giving their own children is my opinion too.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

That was awkward to watch. For a second it almost looked like she was trying to make out with her child. Obviously she wasn't lol but it looked odd on camera. The Griffiths are a weird bunch when it comes to showing affection.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

tratra58 wrote:I am still enjoying the vlogs and Bonnie. I am someone who enjoys history and I did cringe when Bonnie said "I didn't know the Statue of Liberty was a gift from France." Is this an example of Utah education or Bonnie who sat in the back of her class and hid a Seventeen magazine (to read about hair and makeup which she does beautifully) instead of studying American History lol. Well, she did know Tiffany Blue was a trademark/signature color;)

I think this trip may prompt them to do more travel especially with the family. There is so much to see just here in the US and abroad.
Hi new here.
I'm from greece and we know a lot of things about american history . You don't have to be from a specific place to be educated around yours and any country's history .some facts are and must be well-known . This is why we have books or internet , everything is approachable to anyone as long as one would really want to learn.
Not a really big fan of Bonnie's here.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

It is so cute how Boston ADORES Grandpa Griffith. You can tell he had an awesome time hanging out at his grandparents, which is more than can be said about Olivia and Cody. Olivia looked like she was bored most of the time, and I can't really tell what Cody thought of his time at Ellie and Jared's.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

liveyourlife22 wrote:It is so cute how Boston ADORES Grandpa Griffith. You can tell he had an awesome time hanging out at his grandparents, which is more than can be said about Olivia and Cody. Olivia looked like she was bored most of the time, and I can't really tell what Cody thought of his time at Ellie and Jared's.
Because grandpa Griffith is like a security blanket to all of them, he is a sweet man from what I can see and you can tell that he deeply cares for his grandkids , while grandma was being idolised for just 'stealing kisses '...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sarai wrote:That was awkward to watch. For a second it almost looked like she was trying to make out with her child. Obviously she wasn't lol but it looked odd on camera. The Griffiths are a weird bunch when it comes to showing affection.
I felt the same way when Ellie was doing that with a cookie with Calvin! It was when they were on the plane back from the last trip to Florida. She was feeding him a cookie with her mouth. I swear, I didn't see the cookie at first (it was a small piece) and I seriously thought she was French kissing Calvin. I came here all outraged, and someone pointed out that it was a cookie. Not as bad, but it really looked like their tongues were touching. And it was weird. I know this isn't a comparison thread, but those Griffiths women have got some weird boundaries with their kids. From Jennifer licking ice cream off Julie's leg, I guess they get it from their mom. That chin cupping thing is odd too. I don't know. I'm sure if you filmed me and my kids and put it on the internet, it might be weird to someone. My kids are in their 20's and still like to cuddle. But I sure never fed them from my mouth or kissed them while I had cold sores. Shay does that too. I remember him doing some "I'm going to eat your face" thing that usually makes babies giggle like crazy-- fine and fun, but he had a big nasty cold sore at the time. And all his kids have cold sores at one time or another now. Gee, I wonder why?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sarai wrote:That was awkward to watch. For a second it almost looked like she was trying to make out with her child. Obviously she wasn't lol but it looked odd on camera. The Griffiths are a weird bunch when it comes to showing affection.
I felt the same way when Ellie was doing that with a cookie with Calvin! It was when they were on the plane back from the last trip to Florida. She was feeding him a cookie with her mouth. I swear, I didn't see the cookie at first (it was a small piece) and I seriously thought she was French kissing Calvin. I came here all outraged, and someone pointed out that it was a cookie. Not as bad, but it really looked like their tongues were touching. And it was weird. I know this isn't a comparison thread, but those Griffiths women have got some weird boundaries with their kids. From Jennifer licking ice cream off Julie's leg, I guess they get it from their mom. That chin cupping thing is odd too. I don't know. I'm sure if you filmed me and my kids and put it on the internet, it might be weird to someone. My kids are in their 20's and still like to cuddle. But I sure never fed them from my mouth or kissed them while I had cold sores. Shay does that too. I remember him doing some "I'm going to eat your face" thing that usually makes babies giggle like crazy-- fine and fun, but he had a big nasty cold sore at the time. And all his kids have cold sores at one time or another now. Gee, I wonder why?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The chin cupping comes from wanting to make ire they have their attention. At least that's when I've caught myself doing it to my kids. I didn't realize it was weird (or telly that I even did it) until I started seeing it here. This is why I cringe the couple times I've seen Ellie so it to Bonnie's kids or to the neighbourhood children.... it's a bit intense for children that aren't your own IMO. No one needs to be taking to my children that intently but me!

The cookie thing bothered me too, more than the Twizzler thing today, I guess because she was obviously just playing around and not actually feeding him like Ellie was. The leg thing with Jennifer was so weird though that I still can't get over it. It was so unnecessary and seemed to make Julie uncomfortable. I didn't like that at all. The fact that Bonnie even showed the footage says just how warped their upbringing was.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Yup, I felt uncomfortable watching that too. I find it weird how she think's that's perfectly normal behaviour, whether in public or private. I've also noticed she has quite the fixation with her sons butts. Filming her sons butts so often whilst hearing her practically drooling in the background/off camera - uh, I dunno. Just. Certain weird folk out there would enjoy watching those scenes way too much. And stop with the filming Boston in underwear. Please.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I remember a vlog from a few weeks ago where Bonnie was in a damn restaurant and put the food in her mouth and fed Lincoln that way. If you wanna do that at your own home, sure whatever. But in a restaurant?! Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:I remember a vlog from a few weeks ago where Bonnie was in a damn restaurant and put the food in her mouth and fed Lincoln that way. If you wanna do that at your own home, sure whatever. But in a restaurant?! Come on.

In a weird way it actually makes me feel better that they are doing these things out in public (vlogs, airplanes, restaurants) because that means they just think it's normal. If they were hiding these things then that would be far more creepy and ill intended IMO.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I love seeing Bonnie practice the piano with Olivia, but the part with the chords and the metronome almost killed me. She did a good job playing individual notes on the beat, but the chords were so bad. I'm sure she'll be able to do it soon.
I could not be a piano teacher. Haha
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I must have missed this clip with the twizzler... but could someone explain why they're saying you should never kiss your kids even when you don't have an active coldsore/fever blister??? That sounds crazy to me, but I'm open to education.

I didn't really like Bonnie saying she thought it was wrong of YouTube to not monetize her video bc of tags / title related to war... uh, if you really feel that way, just go one video without monetization. I thought she sounded pretty bratty especially when you realize how easily she makes a nice living. #privilege

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I must have missed this clip with the twizzler... but could someone explain why they're saying you should never kiss your kids even when you don't have an active coldsore/fever blister??? That sounds crazy to me, but I'm open to education.

I didn't really like Bonnie saying she thought it was wrong of YouTube to not monetize her video bc of tags / title related to war... uh, if you really feel that way, just go one video without monetization. I thought she sounded pretty bratty especially when you realize how easily she makes a nice living. #privilege

I think the opinion to your first question was that it's better to be safe than sorry? FWIW I asked a doctor friend of mine, and they said that unrealistic and unnecessary. You shouldn't avoid kissing/sharing utensils etc, during an active outbreak.

She certainly could have demonetized the video, I agree! I took her comment to be directed about the policy overall. Basically because the video had nothing to do with opinion and war, and it sounds like YouTube maybe has flags setup for 9/11 and are prepared to demonetize any videos that include that in the tags and title. The idea of somehow making a memorial seem "taboo" didn't sit well with me either. If YTs policy is from a place of censorship then I hate it, if it's because they don't want people making money off of/exploiting it, then I can see their point.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I have seen 3 of the Griffith sisters kiss kids on the face with a cold sore. They are a selfish and disgusting bunch in that regard... I know everyone loves Bonnie but she does a lot of stuff that other vloggers would be attacked for.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I must have missed this clip with the twizzler... but could someone explain why they're saying you should never kiss your kids even when you don't have an active coldsore/fever blister??? That sounds crazy to me, but I'm open to education.

I think the opinion to your first question was that it's better to be safe than sorry? FWIW I asked a doctor friend of mine, and they said that unrealistic and unnecessary. You shouldn't avoid kissing/sharing utensils etc, during an active outbreak.

She certainly could have demonetized the video, I agree! I took her comment to be directed about the policy overall. Basically because the video had nothing to do with opinion and war, and it sounds like YouTube maybe has flags setup for 9/11 and are prepared to demonetize any videos that include that in the tags and title. The idea of somehow making a memorial seem "taboo" didn't sit well with me either. If YTs policy is from a place of censorship then I hate it, if it's because they don't want people making money off of/exploiting it, then I can see their point.

I totally think it was her being in disagreement with YTs policy. But to complain about its policy when you make 6 figures off that company... seems ridiculous. I know she didn't make a big deal of it, like someone like Heidi Kim, who made an entire video about it. But she would have appeared awesome to stick with her guns and not make $500-1000 on that video. I have no idea how much she makes off a video, lol

BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I totally think it was her being in disagreement with YTs policy. But to complain about its policy when you make 6 figures off that company... seems ridiculous. I know she didn't make a big deal of it, like someone like Heidi Kim, who made an entire video about it. But she would have appeared awesome to stick with her guns and not make $500-1000 on that video. I have no idea how much she makes off a video, lol

100% I agree with you and had the same thought. I'd like to think I would have left the title the same just to stick it to them.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

You could be contagious prior to a blister eruptioning. The Griffiths family members do have a few with coldsores and it could have been spread among them.

I actually agreed with Bonnie who did work on the vlog and I didn't see the issue which was eventually resolved. I don't think many would be happy if you worked at any job and didn't get paid. However, it shows you really are at the mercy of YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I have seen 3 of the Griffith sisters kiss kids on the face with a cold sore. They are a selfish and disgusting bunch in that regard... I know everyone loves Bonnie but she does a lot of stuff that other vloggers would be attacked for.

But she does get hate? This was the main discussion yesterday. I don't get why people always have to bring up on this board "I know people love Bonnie but..." It's dismissive of everyones opinions. Plus lets be real. Bonnie gets her fair share of hate lately. Just maybe not as much has some people like?

I'm newer here (lurked for awhile), but there seems to be 3 sides on this board in particular. Those that really like Bonnie, those that really don't, and those in the middle that like some things and hate others. The ones that like Bonnie aren't dismissing everyone's opinion saying "you just hate her though" so it's really annoying to constantly see the other side dismissed as minions. Makes it hard for anyone in the middle to participate without being accused of also being a "Bonnie lover."

I don't love Bonnie, but I don't hate her. I relate to her and think she's the closest vlogger to a "regular mom" that I enjoy watching. Vloggers like Heidi are still more more relatable, but I just can't with her....
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

BadWolf wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I think the opinion to your first question was that it's better to be safe than sorry? FWIW I asked a doctor friend of mine, and they said that unrealistic and unnecessary. You shouldn't avoid kissing/sharing utensils etc, during an active outbreak.

100% I agree with you and had the same thought. I'd like to think I would have left the title the same just to stick it to them.
Same. I'd like to think I would as well, and I'm not even American. I realize that 9/11 led to the war, but still fail to see how it's controversial and war related itself.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

About the cold sore thing, I think it's unrealistic to expect a parent to NEVER kiss their children "just in case." Sure it's a nice idea, but I can't see it happening. It's hard enough to not share a cold when it hits the house, and that's a temporary "no kissing/food sharing" policy!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”