YTMD Pet Peeves

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by ferriswheel »

When people tend to think if you post something positive you must be a minion, or if you have negative stuff your too nitpicky. I've always felt that both here and the non guru section on GG were places for a variety of opinions because we don't have trash/rave sections.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Cultural appropriation lol.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I wish we had trash/rave sections like GG. There's youtubers on here that I would like to talk about since I'm not the biggest fans of them but they mostly get praise so I don't know if I'm the only one who doesn't like them...
#FreeFinleyandJackson
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

pllfan5 wrote:I wish we had trash/rave sections like GG. There's youtubers on here that I would like to talk about since I'm not the biggest fans of them but they mostly get praise so I don't know if I'm the only one who doesn't like them...
It seems like things go in cycles. For a while, about a year ago, Ellie and Jared could do no wrong. No everyone hates them. Then Bonnie was everyone's favorite. Now it's more balanced. Everyone seems to be on Team Cullen and Katie right now. It's hard to say anything negative about them. Admittedly, they are really good parents, but they aren't perfect. Of course, none of us are, but we don't put our lives on the internet to try to make money. At least, most of us don't.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I feel like one a month someone comes into the Bonnie thread claiming that she gets some ridiculous amount of hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

alym0326 wrote:I feel like one a month someone comes into the Bonnie thread claiming that she gets some ridiculous amount of hate.

And it bothers you so much because why?

Just ignore it. Just because you hate her, that doesn't mean new posters can't join the board that actually relate to and enjoy her vlogs. It doesn't have to be all hate, does it? Some people can like some things and still side-eye others. You don't and that's fine, you don't have to make a BR post about it overtime someone new joins and disagrees with you.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

BadWolf wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I feel like one a month someone comes into the Bonnie thread claiming that she gets some ridiculous amount of hate.

And it bothers you so much because why?

Just ignore it. Just because you hate her, that doesn't mean new posters can't join the board that actually relate to and enjoy her vlogs. It doesn't have to be all hate, does it? Some people can like some things and still side-eye others. You don't and that's fine, you don't have to make a BR post about it overtime someone new joins and disagrees with you.
I don't hate Bonnie at all...? It just can get annoying every time someone comes in making it seem like Bonnie gets some absurd amount of hate. She gets an appropriate amount of love and hate. Rightfully so because they do make mistakes like everyone else but they're also an amazing family that's really likeable and are fun to watch. All I was trying to say was compared to 90% of the boards on here Bonnie gets like 10 posts snarking on her for every 20 posts saying something positive. (Which is fine, I love their family so I have no issue with that)

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I feel like some viewers consider vlogs are basically us watching people's day through their eyes, and not them deliberately filming something and then choosing what to show us.

We can criticize anything in their vlogs because they want us to see it. If vloggers capture something that they think viewers will be up in arms about, why not just edit it out? If their eating habits are terrible, they don't have to show themselves eating. If they film a little bit too much of their kid in the bathtub, they can cut that part out. It's the action of filming that we are criticizing, not just what they do in their everyday life.

Some people still seem not to get that.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

What's the deal with people here having to unsubscribe from YouTubers based on who they THINK they voted for? We can't change who was elected anymore, everyone has to move forward. Who really cares who they voted for?

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

yoyo16 wrote:What's the deal with people here having to unsubscribe from YouTubers based on who they THINK they voted for? We can't change who was elected anymore, everyone has to move forward. Who really cares who they voted for?

I don't understand it either, I know people in real life that didn't vote how I did, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop interacting with them just because I don't agree politically with them. It's not going to be any different with youtubers for me unless they go completely off the rails with it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think for some it goes farther than the politics and more so about who Donald and Hillary are as people and what they both have done. I know I personally as a Canadian have judged any people I know who support Trump because of the things he has done and said as a person, and less about his political agenda.

GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

fossilfinger wrote:I feel like some viewers consider vlogs are basically us watching people's day through their eyes, and not them deliberately filming something and then choosing what to show us.

We can criticize anything in their vlogs because they want us to see it. If vloggers capture something that they think viewers will be up in arms about, why not just edit it out? If their eating habits are terrible, they don't have to show themselves eating. If they film a little bit too much of their kid in the bathtub, they can cut that part out. It's the action of filming that we are criticizing, not just what they do in their everyday life.

Some people still seem not to get that.
THANK. YOU.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Spot on. By making a conscious decision to upload something, they remove any objection to us criticizing it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by orangeblossom »

shut up about the election already, speculations about how someone voted is getting so annoying.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

The baby looks like a boy. It looks like a girl.

Last I checked all newborns looked the same in the face
berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Unread post by berrybitch »

zipadeedodah wrote:The baby looks like a boy. It looks like a girl.

Last I checked all newborns looked the same in the face ImageImage
And the whole "the look on his face tells you its a girl!, the cry sounded like a boy, I zoomed in and turned my brightness all the way up and you can see gold on the onesie"
Like come on yall, we're supposed to be the sane ones not freaking out over this shit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Unread post by berrybitch »

zipadeedodah wrote:The baby looks like a boy. It looks like a girl.

Last I checked all newborns looked the same in the face ImageImage
And the whole "the look on his face tells you its a girl!, the cry sounded like a boy, I zoomed in and turned my brightness all the way up and you can see gold on the onesie"
Like come on yall, we're supposed to be the sane ones not freaking out over this shit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

Maybe Addalyn will have one blue eye and one brown eye because my cousin's family all has purple eyes and I learned on a TV show once that two green-eyed people always make a brown-eyed baby during a full moon.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

All of this talk that Chris will develop a creepy attraction towards Addelyn because of her hair colour :roll:
#FreeFinleyandJackson
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

pllfan5 wrote:All of this talk that Chris will develop a creepy attraction towards Addelyn because of her hair colour :roll:
Lol totally this.

Hey did you guys know that one time your own dad was attracted to.... your own mother!! And, you probably look like your mom too!

Return to “Boxing Ring”