JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

I probably sound like a cunt but Chris is still so unattractive to me. Even after seeing him be so supportive in the birth vlog he's just so awkward and gross to me. I'm not really sure why. And apparently Jessica was at the hospital for a couple of hours and couldn't see addie. Then what did she eat? Obviously Jessica didn't have time to pump milk and I'm sure she got hungry after a while.
Last edited by Crazymess1215 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

I also thought it was rather strange the midwife was in the background on the iPad right after she delivered the baby. Didn't even seem like she acknowledged that she had been born already. That other girl did everything for her.
LionCalledLeo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LionCalledLeo »

Crazymess1215 wrote:I also thought it was rather strange the midwife was in the background on the iPad right after she delivered the baby. Didn't even seem like she acknowledged that she had been born already. That other girl did everything for her.
I think she was possibly a student midwife? She was letting her make the decisions and do the care and she were there as a backup is how it seemed to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D33f
Talker
Talker

Unread post by D33f »

"She's got red hair"
Chris : YES. YES. YES. yes. Yes. Yes.

okay?

peoplelikegrapes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by peoplelikegrapes »

I feel like if my birthday was November 14th (like Addie's) I would feel kinda weird about it because it's exactly 9 months after Valentine's Day lol
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Props to Chris, he was really there where he was needed. As much as I said yesterday that I don't know what to think of him, that deserves respect.
I also thought at the placenta thing, people should have left the room (stay in the corridor I mean) to give the midwives space to move.

The midwives where actually quite nice, I don't get the critisicm of her fans and that comes from a gossiper XD. Where I live you can get a degree as a midwive and when I spoke to one of those students she told me, that they are part of a team that consists of one fully trained and experienced midwife and 1-2 midwife-trainees, I'm guessing this was the case here. I'm not surprised that they panicked a little when the placenta didn't come out, there was a case (probably a few, but this got newscoverage) where a midwife made the fatal decision not to intervene immediatly and the baby died and the mother almost died. She lost her license, had to pay and was sent to jail. They acted fast thank god, one thing bothered me a little though, the midwife asked again wether she had a retroverted (I think that's what she said) uterus or not, how can you not know that as the midwife?

I hope this puts her off baby making for a long time, if not for ever (like I said many times, accidents happen), she could do a good thing and start adopting as soon as one of her children moves out, she'll definitley be young enough still and (with or without Chris) married.
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

which videos do you think we will have next week?
i think:
- 1 week update of addelyn
- haul with the pink crap
- jesss telling the birth story
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

valeryjackson wrote:which videos do you think we will have next week?
i think:
Caden and Tommy meeting their sister
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

She honestly needs to go to the hospital for her next birth (because let's be real, there's gonna be a next one). It was irresponsible of her to go through with a home birth.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

I don't care how many pink bows she puts on that child....it still looks like a boy to me.

mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

dazzled wrote:She honestly needs to go to the hospital for her next birth (because let's be real, there's gonna be a next one). It was irresponsible of her to go through with a home birth.
She's had very straight forward births in the past, I personally don't believe she's that irresponsible. If she had a home birth with the next one (I hope she doesn't have another), THEN I would say she's irresponsible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

valeryjackson wrote:which videos do you think we will have next week?
i think:
Probably the first one and the last one combined.
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Can we talk about how freakishly smooth Chris' arms are in all the pictures... does he shave them? This is weirding me out.

And for the record I think the midwife was fine. When she was on her iPad during the actual birth , she was recording the time line of events. It's crucial for keeping a close record esp. in case of a lawsuit or anything. We do the same thing during hospital births, surgeries, CPR, etc. And I'd get comfy on the bed, too, if my patient was sitting there in labor for hours at 3 am. I'm sure Mimi curled up on the dresser and told the midwife to get comfy! Haha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

mrsbarnaby wrote:
dazzled wrote:She honestly needs to go to the hospital for her next birth (because let's be real, there's gonna be a next one). It was irresponsible of her to go through with a home birth.
She's had very straight forward births in the past, I personally don't believe she's that irresponsible. If she had a home birth with the next one (I hope she doesn't have another), THEN I would say she's irresponsible.
She was at a higher risk this time already. If she had any common sense, she'd have gone to the hospital as a precaution.
mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

dazzled wrote:
mrsbarnaby wrote:
She was at a higher risk this time already. If she had any common sense, she'd have gone to the hospital as a precaution.
Unless I've missed something, I'm not quite sure why you think she was high risk this time?

imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

She wasn't high risk. Actual licensed midwives are very careful not to take on high risk patients for home births. She's young, healthy, and has proven herself able to deliver naturally. Her diastasis recti and varicose veins don't pose any risk to her or the baby during birth, they're just kind of annoying cosmetic things that will need to be fixed later.

Now that she's had 5, I guess she's considered grand multipara and innately higher risk. Especially with a history of retained placenta. I doubt she'd be able to have a homebirth again unless she got a new shady unlicensed midwife.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

mrsbarnaby wrote: Unless I've missed something, I'm not quite sure why you think she was high risk this time?

Her umbilical hernia, I'm guessing.

My thoughts on the birth vlog...well done on her team's part. They did what they could and then got her to people who could get the rest done. Had to giggle at the end with Jess being in the hospital and someone talking about the front desk being confused. Chris was supportive and I'm glad Lilia didn't have to see all of that. Looking forward to the tell-all video.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

crew96 wrote:I don't care how many pink bows she puts on that child....it still looks like a boy to me.

Maybe I'm blind, but I feel like all babies look the same when they're born, like you can't really tell if they're a boy or a girl until they start developing their features a few weeks after they're born. They change so much in their first few months.
Chellebailson27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Chellebailson27 »

Jessica is a real life cautionary tale for janell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

Man I'm glad Jess is okay. Home births really freak me out.

Return to “JesssFam”