JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

Unread post by dazzled »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
dazzled wrote:She honestly needs to go to the hospital for her next birth (because let's be real, there's gonna be a next one). It was irresponsible of her to go through with a home birth.
why? (honest question)
I thought she was high risk, probably confused her with another YouTuber though, since people are saying she wasn't.

In any case, home births are unusual where I'm from. I know most midwifes are competent, but if I wanted children, I would still feel uncomfortable not giving birth at a hospital.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by dazzled on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
melora86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by melora86 »

imapumkinseed wrote:
melora86 wrote:Where I'm from in Canada our babies are generally delivered by family medicine practitioners, who are basically just 'jack of all trades' Doctors who do one residency in maternal care/birthing. The only reason you would see an actual OBGYN is if you were high risk or having a c-section. Midwives in my province are highly trained and licensed, doing four years of hands on maternity/labor care, so they are even more qualified than the Doctors who would normally deliver at a hospital making low risk home births a very safe option. Is that different in other places? Like, are midwives looked down on by the mainstream medical community and seen as being less safe by people?
Here in the US there are levels of midwifery... a certified nurse midwife is actually a doctorate program as of 2015, so they are very highly trained and not looked down upon by doctors at all. They can deliver at many hospitals now in my area - my OB practice is a mix of CNMs and OBGYNS. I think it's a growing industry - we're finally learning from the rest of the world, lol.
But we also have certified midwife, certified professional midwife, direct entry midwife, and lay midwife, all of which require different programs and different amounts of education. I believe a lay midwife is basically self-education with no real requirements. Scary. I am completely pro-midwives and homebirth, when appropriate, but I do think it should be regulated.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Oh wow! Thanks, that is super scary. Our midwives are all licensed within our health authority and there aren't that many because they were banned in the 90's (I believe) and are just being accepted again as medical professionals in our province. Crazy that you could get someone unlicensed or untrained!
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

kalipali wrote:
peoplelikegrapes wrote:I feel like if my birthday was November 14th (like Addie's) I would feel kinda weird about it because it's exactly 9 months after Valentine's Day lol

Omg poor Addie. I remember when I was younger and I did the math for the first time. I found out the date nine months before I was born was my parents' anniversary. I wanted to barf.
I can top that, my sister was born nine months after my first birthday Image almost down to the day, my birthday is the 2nd and hers is the 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

kittypurry wrote:
kalipali wrote:
peoplelikegrapes wrote:I feel like if my birthday was November 14th (like Addie's) I would feel kinda weird about it because it's exactly 9 months after Valentine's Day lol

Omg poor Addie. I remember when I was younger and I did the math for the first time. I found out the date nine months before I was born was my parents' anniversary. I wanted to barf.
I can top that, my sister was born nine months after my first birthday Image almost down to the day, my birthday is the 2nd and hers is the 5th

My Bday is November 16th. So yeah. Do the math :lol:
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

melora86 wrote:Where I'm from in Canada our babies are generally delivered by family medicine practitioners, who are basically just 'jack of all trades' Doctors who do one residency in maternal care/birthing. The only reason you would see an actual OBGYN is if you were high risk or having a c-section. Midwives in my province are highly trained and licensed, doing four years of hands on maternity/labor care, so they are even more qualified than the Doctors who would normally deliver at a hospital making low risk home births a very safe option. Is that different in other places? Like, are midwives looked down on by the mainstream medical community and seen as being less safe by people?
In Ireland, babies are delivered by midwives unless there is a problem and they have to be delivered by a doctor. Midwives here though study for four years in university to get a bachelor of science in midwifery, and have to go through months of placement before they are a qualified midwife.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

violet-kelsey black wrote:what a dramatic birth vlog.

Why was the midwife barefoot laying on the bed like a seal with her iPad? That just look so unprofessional to me.

Also hell to the no would I want a group of people watching me while I'm in labor. That is just too awkward being in pain while everyone is just staring at you in silence.

I was surprised that Wendy's husband (Glenn? I already forgot his name lol) wasn't there too with a camera.

He is so over Jessica having babies. Been there done that

Anniekins
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Anniekins »

Kcookie wrote:Home births are statistically far far safer then hospital births. They have much less interventions which mean less complications.
No.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

It was dramatic for the student midwife to attempt to manually remove a placenta after only 20 mins. A normal natural physiological third stage takes 10-20 minutes and midwives often wait upto one hour before administering pitocin. Staying in a warm pool slows things down too and nursing speeds things up. I'm guessing it was because she was a cautious student that she got worked up after just 20 minutes. I'm sure the screen was black for the drama factor.

Personally i waited 40 mins after my birth before having pit, at that point i was 'done' withbirth and just wanted to get in bed with my baby! There was no concern over this at all, as anything upto an hour is normal so long as everything else is good.

I thought the sibling introductions were forced at times, Lilia appears to be promted to say certain things and to repeat them. Of course the kids would initially have a good reaction, that's not unusual, it's only once they (Landen in particular) realizes that the baby is there to stay that there will be any negative effects. Jess is the type who would've edited out anything she wanted from the birth footage and she would keep any unhappiness from the siblings adapting purely as an F you to everyone who said Landen will struggle etc. She paints the picture that she wants to and it's not necessarily the reality.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

Anniekins wrote:
Kcookie wrote:Home births are statistically far far safer then hospital births. They have much less interventions which mean less complications.
No.
It's a fact in countries with medically trained midwives. Countries like the UK, where all healthy pregnancies are midwife led have much lower mortality rates than the US with their birthing practices. Evidence shows a home birth with a trained midwife is safer than a hospital birth for exactly the reason the PP says. Relaxed mom with less intrusion allows the body to work properly and labor to progress naturally. The moment you stress a laboring woman out, subject her to procedures, stop her from eating and drinking, force her to stay in unnatural positions etc then their body stop laboring... then they have to be given meds... these meds cause risk and often problems with mom and baby HB and that results in further interventions and a c-section.
Random19
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Random19 »

The labor seemed very smooth as not painful for her. The placenta thing afterwards seems scary but I wouldn't call this labor crazier than the one with the twins. *shrugs*
Jlynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jlynn »

I think she definitely edited out the screaming this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Jeybee27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jeybee27 »

kittypurry wrote:
kalipali wrote:

My first sons birthday is Feb.27 2013 and my second November 26th 2015... Oops! Lol
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

After having 4 babies delivered vaginally, its not strange that there were no screams. I personally feel labor gets easier every single time in terms of pain. I also don't think she has edited out much because she is the kind who loves all that attention.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

kittypurry wrote:
kalipali wrote:

My turn! I was born 37 weeks after my parents got married. I was a wedding night baby. :?
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
mocalyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mocalyn »

For anyone Questioning midwives and home birth, go watch a documentary called the business of being born!.

Also...
Mimi's reaction was so bizarre, my mom would be freaking out, if they took me away in an ambulance... even if everyone was saying it was minor!! And my grandma too.. but everyone seemed so calm about it... mimi didn't look upset at all!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Random19 wrote:The labor seemed very smooth as not painful for her. The placenta thing afterwards seems scary but I wouldn't call this labor crazier than the one with the twins. *shrugs*
the labor with the twins was painful to watch.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Most people in this thread need to go talk to a real midwife. I'm Canadian so qualifications may be a tad bit different, but regardless, midwives are very well trained. They are also qualified to do nearly everything that an OBGYN can do when it fomes to birth. They have oxygen, medicine, drugs to help stop hemmoraging, vitamin K shots, the eye drops, IV's, blah blah blah. They've got it all, they do it all, AND they are more specialized than an OBGYN.

I am positive for Strep B, and my midwife will be here as soon as my water breaks to start the IV antibiotics (although it was my choice to do it initially or wait for any risk factors).

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ukcheesefeind
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ukcheesefeind »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016111 ... 50bc82.png[/img]

Why would you put a new born in jeans totally bizzare and not st all comfy stick to onesies

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

^I must say those little uggs are adorable <3 The baby is less than a week old though, seems too soon to me as well to put her in jeans
#FreeFinleyandJackson
Chellebailson27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Chellebailson27 »

I watched the birth vlog...but I can't deny it gave me the fear...there's something about childbirth that scares the crap out me..I cannot even watch birth shows,I don't know why it does that because I have had two children (I have a 14 year old and a 6 year old) I didn't have terrible labours either...I think I have a proper phobia...maybe coz I know the pain? I dunno...any ways as I said before when she mentioned having Lillia there....things can go wrong....can you imagine she had been there? Kids aren't stupid you could hear the panic in the midwives voice,then mum getting taken away in an ambulance....that would defo have traumatised my 6 year old...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”