Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Unread post by Pency »

UGH they are getting a dog. Clues galore in the video. They went to a pet store. I'm certain they bought a puppy from the pet store, which has me raging.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:That is a really good point about the skinny shaming. If she was overweight, and we said the same type of things, it would have been jumped on. I think that for most of us, it started as coming from a place of concern, and then her two faced behavior about it turned us off. I am speaking for others, sorry. For me, when she complained about being so tired she couldn't walk up the stairs, and having dizzy spells, then deleted any comments about her weight that weren't gushing over how awesome she looked, and showed meals that were too small for Jackson, _I_ couldn't feel bad for her. But I suppose if she has a disorder, that's part of it. It's just hard to have patience when she's uploading this stuff for the world to see and obviously so loving the "OMG, I wish I was that skinny!" comments.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I didn't see any comments shaming her. No one was saying she's disgusting, or that Jared must hate sleeping with her. It's concerning, and I don't feel just ignoring it does anyone any favours. I posted the pic of her and Jennifer, and it was shocking to me. Jennifer is not a large person. She is thin and healthy. Ellie is a shadow next to her. Her face is gaunt and her eyes are sunken. Noting that is no different than noting that someone looks jaundiced, or winded after walking up a flight of stairs. Some people look healthy, and some people do not. Ellie, in my opinion, is not healthy. We speculated on this before and people said not to body shame. Turns out the concerns were valid because she couldn't even care for her kids or walk up a flight of stairs! No one used to say anything about Ellie's weight and she's always been thin. Now it's concerning and hard to ignore.
I think it was the "she looks like a 10 year old" that was over the edge.
Yes, it's definitely concerning, that she's so gaunt next to Jennifer, and her skin looks so dull. And I wasn't saying we shouldn't discuss those things. She doesn't appear to be trying to gain weight, despite what she says. She lives on Red Vines and a quarter of a chicken breast.

amf2224
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amf2224 »

They'll be getting a puppy named Piper. That is my guess!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Pency wrote:UGH they are getting a dog. Clues galore in the video. They went to a pet store. I'm certain they bought a puppy from the pet store, which has me raging.
I really hope you're wrong. Christmas is the absolute worst time to get a dog! It will tear that tree apart. Plus there are so many ornaments for it to get into... Not to mention, their yard isn't even ready for one. Calvin is still so needy himself. If they do get a dog soon, I hope they regret it right away and give it to Jared's parents. Getting one now would be even poorer planning than expected. If they jump to get one right away, then I think it's out of a desire for more views (which are declining). It seems like Bryan and Missy are also thinking of getting one. Seems like a bit if competition going on.

Speaking of declining views. Did anyone else hear that Casey Neistat quit daily vlogging? He was uninspired and just not feeling it anymore. The articles I read speculated that vlogging has hit its peak and interest is declining. I wonder what Jared thinks of his idol getting out of the game.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Definitely a puppy. Daily bumps had puppies in their vlog and Cullen and Katie had a dog in theirs. Gaines turned Katie into a dog.. hmm mm I think it was a plan..
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Don't worry, HS-- that puppy won't have a chance to tear the tree apart. Or get into ornaments. He'll never see the inside of the house, except for about 5 minutes to take a cute family picture in front of said tree.
Some people just shouldn't have dogs. Jared would be ok-- he wants the dog inside. But Ellie gets what Ellie wants, and she doesn't want the dog inside.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

amf2224 wrote:They'll be getting a puppy named Piper. That is my guess!!

My guess is Paisley. It looked like a girl collar (which I'm assuming is why they were at the pet store, not to actually buy a dog).

Am I remembering wrong though...didn't they say they wanted a male dog?
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by claireprairie123 »

I'm guessing Puppy for Christmas. They're totally the cliche type to get the boys a puppy for Christmas.

So P for Puppy or the dog's name. Either way, definitely a puppy coming.

I do like their holiday decor, as my one nice thing to say about them. The $$$ spent, though...
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

Also they did always say a male dog. I wonder if they're planning to get a girl now, since Ellie wants a girl so badly.
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

One more thing: re declining views. I think they'll have a few more years, for sure, but nothing lasts forever. You see it in TV shows, pop culture, etc. Nothing will last forever. They've talked before about how they'll always do videos on some sort of platform, and I think it's a huge mistake to think there income will always be at this level and that there will always be an interest in their videos. It seems highly, highly unlikely that it will last forever.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Can people please trim quotes? It's a little annoying having to scroll through numerous posts that have like 3 quotes in them and are super long
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The Lannings are under the illusion that vlogging will be a permanent thing too. Not just evidenced by their spending, but they have said "we're always going to vlog and let you know what is going on in our lives and how we're doing". They're assuming people will always care. Please.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

How many want to bet the Christmas puppy will be intended for "the boys", but really for Calvin since he just "loooooovvves dogs sooo much and it's so cute!!"

Maybe if Jacksons lucky he'll get some more rocks.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:How many want to bet the Christmas puppy will be intended for "the boys", but really for Calvin since he just "loooooovvves dogs sooo much and it's so cute!!"

Maybe if Jacksons lucky he'll get some more rocks.

Even if it were for both boys though, it's still a terrible idea. Puppies bite, play rough, chew toys, make messes. There is just no way that puppy won't be locked away in the garage most of the time. We just went through puppyhood and it was A LOT of work. Having a neves yard we could let her out in was the only way we survived it! Ellie is going to lose her mind, because I'm sure it's not going to fit the vision she's expecting at all. Not to mention, the attention the puppy will take off of her. The babies may be a reflection of her, but the puppy will 100% be Jared's baby.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Well. Seems like we got an answer go Ellie's weird eating habits and her family thinking it's ok.
In her making bun video her mom says they'd frequently have a bun and glass of milk for a meal. Sometimes some beans.
Yikes. That is NOT a meal!
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Even if it were for both boys though, it's still a terrible idea. Puppies bite, play rough, chew toys, make messes. There is just no way that puppy won't be locked away in the garage most of the time. We just went through puppyhood and it was A LOT of work. Having a neves yard we could let her out in was the only way we survived it! Ellie is going to lose her mind, because I'm sure it's not going to fit the vision she's expecting at all. Not to mention, the attention the puppy will take off of her. The babies may be a reflection of her, but the puppy will 100% be Jared's baby.
Well of course! But you know they'll do it for the views. I wouldn't be surprised if they condemn the dog to the garage and dog run they build outside only, but bring it inside just for the vlogs.

And, I just watched today's vlog and that collar definitely looks red to me not pink, so they may very well still be getting a boy!

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

The attempt to film the decorations was good but too shaky.
Why doesn't he invest in a camera stabiliser? It's less than $100 and it helps generate income.

Also, a family portrait above the fire place looks so... narcissistic?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Vincere wrote:The attempt to film the decorations was good but too shaky.
Why doesn't he invest in a camera stabiliser? It's less than $100 and it helps generate income.

Also, a family portrait above the fire place looks so... narcissistic?
Narcissism? Not in that house! At least it has the boys in it. I wouldn't have been surprised to see them put up a large picture of just the two of them... or Ellie Image

I've seen family portraits in the living area a lot though. It only strikes me as odd when the picture is obnoxiously large for the space, or the family is awkwardly posed. Artfully done, it can be nice.
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

@Veronica are you a Utah Mormon? I was. And I heard about Happy Valley and antidepressants from numerous places. Heck, I was on them. Utah is a catch-22. The beautiful outdoors did wonders for my depression but unfortunately the mainstream society of being LDS brought me really down.

I'm upset they're getting a dog. How many times have we seen 8 Passengers dog? These people don't value the poor dog. And I'm sure they'll get a perfect puppy from a breeder.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

meganshay wrote:@Veronica are you a Utah Mormon? I was. And I heard about Happy Valley and antidepressants from numerous places. Heck, I was on them. Utah is a catch-22. The beautiful outdoors did wonders for my depression but unfortunately the mainstream society of being LDS brought me really down.

I'm upset they're getting a dog. How many times have we seen 8 Passengers dog? These people don't value the poor dog. And I'm sure they'll get a perfect puppy from a breeder. Image

They will absolutely buy from a breeder. Ellie was offended at the mere suggestion they rescue a puppy...

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016112 ... fe30a4.png[/img]

Edited to add: Ellie also had a tweet where she said puppies from breeders were better for and more predictable around kids. She must have deleted that one. So did the person that she was responding to. I know it was posted here back when it happened though.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”