Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Oscar Drones On: Part 6 [OKBaby]

Unread post by tmarieme »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
tmarieme wrote:
Pineapples wrote:Just checked. Its over 10 hours drive vs 57mins flight! That would be a no brainer for me!
Did Kyra ever get her license? You gotta have some kind of state issued ID to fly :/

Tbh the fall wasn't that bad, he was barely under water the title however made it seem like it was gonna be extremely bad, I kinda think they post just to get a rise out of people. A bath mat would really help them, I don't have kids and I have one because I don't want to fall.

Yes babies are generally able to hold their breath instinctively. One area I think they deserve props in is the fact they constantly took him to the pool and he seems to do really well with it, that doesn't mean you want your kid to fall back and hit their head, while going under water. I don't even think it's clickbait for their bug buddies anymore, they know they are ticking people off and I can't help but feel they are feeding off that.
Kyra has a license, she just didn't have a physical copy of her license.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Lol that's right she has said that MANY times. She's got to have her physical license to fly though.

I get people not liking to fly. I'd prefer it over being in the car for 10 hours but it's not everyone's cup of tea. I weirdly trust air travel more than I trust other people driving.
Hopefully they film a little and then just put it all in a few vlogs, if they are planning on not posting while they are gone. That's more for their bug buddies, because a lot of them are actually getting annoyed. I want to see improvement in them but I don't want them to fail at YouTube.They have 2 kids to support and it's already an unstable job without pissing off your fans.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

She only had a school ID when she went to Orlando so they had to do a more extensive body search on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

flokofloz - Call me an overprotective parent, but if I saw my child slip and bang their head before going under water, even for just a split second, my immediate reaction would be one of panic and I think that's completely natural. As mothers your brain immediately goes to the worst case scenario. I would rather over react in that situation than to think it'll all be fine and dandy and since Levi was shown coughing and spluttering on the water I don't think that instinct kicked in ;)

Our grandparents may not have used baby monitors, but times change and just because they did things a certain way doesn't mean we should too. I mean, my nana was all for rubbing whisky into the gums of teething babies, as I'm sure a lot of people were back then. Did it help to soothe them? Who knows, buts its not a done thing anymore. There are things our grandparents and parents did that you just wouldn't dream of doing nowadays, even if we have all lived to tell the tale. Of course baby monitors are a personal preference and not everyone sees the need, but for me, having lost a brother to cot death and being terrified of it, I used one for my own peace of mind. It helped me sleep that little bit better. The size of the house or apartment wouldn't matter to me. I would still use one regardless.
Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jjsmommy »

Seriously *insert eye roll*
All the bug buddies must have found this page cause it seems everyone has a raging boner for them.
Just cause they finally gave him a bath, and finally are feeding him appropriate food that he should have been getting the whole time doesn't make them amazing
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

flokofloz wrote:
Amanda-L wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Other thoughts on the vlog:
Bug buddies are actually defending the fact levi fell in the bath as an accident and "accidents happen" and that oscar didnt need to drop the camera and run to help his child bc "buggy can hold his breath from all the swimming he and oscar do! He learned how and knows" A baby who is 1 years old ....HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO HOLD HIS BREATH. are you daft?!?!? you can literally hear him choking on the water!
Their 12 year old, strangely obsessive fans will go to the ends of the earth to defend O&K and they will parrot back whatever they've heard in the vlog or have seen a fellow bug buddy respond with. Oscar tells Levi he's okay, that he's a big boy who's learned to hold his breath under water so the kids watching will repeat that over and over to anyone that dares to point out how dangerous it was. There's comments saying its not like it was 3ft deep water. Do they not realise that kids can drown in even the shallowest of water? Levi tumbled and whacked his head off the side of the bath before slipping under water. It all happened too fast. How do they think in those few seconds a baby will think "Oh, my manchild father there with the camera taught me to hold my breath once by blowing on my face before dunking me. I'll do that right now before going under the water again." Dimwits.

Of course accidents happen, but you're supposed to learn from them and do everything you can to try and stop them from happening again. How many times has Levi slipped in the bath? It's definitely not a first, they should have a bath mat in there and either sit on the floor or get a stool so they can sit beside him and interact with him when he is in there. Not just hover around trying to get vlog footage.
Guys, you need to read what babies can naturally do ;)
Babies can definitely be under water for a few seconds and not drown because they naturally know how to hold their breath (Oscar was just next to him, it was not possible for Levi to drown). If you keep doing it with your baby (which Oscar does) he/she will not lose this capacity. They can even learn to come back up and place themselves on their back if you go with them to the swimming pool a few times. A person told them to use floaties, but NO, it's so against free motricity! Or yes, sure, put them floaties... so they lose thoses capacities, get scared of water, need to pinch their nose at the age of 6, can't open their eyes under water, etc.
I quote "The bradycardic response; also exhibited by seals and other aquatic animals, the instinct may be a vestige of our ancient marine origins. It works like this: Infants up to 6 months old whose heads are submerged in water will naturally hold their breath. At the same time, their heart rates slow, helping them to conserve oxygen, and blood circulates primarily between their most vital organs, the heart and brain. The survival response keeps accidentally submerged babies alive much longer than adults would survive underwater".

From what I have read:
Moms don't need monitors. That's such a dumb thing created for people to spend their money. It's even worse when it works with wifi or other bad waves, it makes me cringe. Our grandparents did not have any and it's totally fine. Parents have ears, moms have a natural instinct, plus they live in a little apartment...

Your teeth don't get bad because of Formula. If you think yes, what about the babies who get breastfed until 2 or 3 years old? So yes... there is a little less sugar, but breastfed babies also ask for milk during the night for a long time (generally still wake up around 2 yo), and I'm telling you that you won't brush their teeth 3 times in the middle of the night. A baby with Formula normally doesn't need to have a bottle in the middle of the night because Formula is heavier in a baby's stomach. Plus, some people have sensitive teeth and even if they brush them they will get cavities. Some people don't brush their teeth and have nothing. There is a part of genetics here! He is only one, but if his teeth haven't got brown now, chances are that they probably won't (it can still happen though). Anyways, they started to stop Formula, which is good! The only thing that they should do is to use a toothpaste without fluoride. They should take something adapted to their kid because he can't spit yet. But I have realized that a loooot of people actually don't know that!

Overall I see improvement! Levi is smiling a lot, he has a lot of toys, they do a lot with him, they show that they change him, they brush his teeth, a lot of good things in the last videos! I feel like Levi is a baby who cries easily though. He barely hit his mouth with the GoPro and cried for a few minutes. I do think they are absolutely not bad accidents, Oscar just makes a big deal out of nothing. He is not going to suffer from that.
yes infants UP TO age 6. Levi is over 1 years old. He doesnt naturally have that instinct anymore. also oscar has not taught him to lay on his back or float. Additionally, it is clear levi didnt hold his breath... when oscar got him out levi was choking and coughing so no..he doesnt know how to hold his breath everytime. And yes, nothing happened this time, but oscar tends to not pay attention and care more about the vlog and levi slipping and falling can end way worse than just some swallowed water...he hit his head now and the past 2 times this has happened. Hitting a head that is still not fully hard can have awful consequences and overall cant be good.

Have you heard of bottle rot? It does indeed rot their teeth to fall asleep with a bottle especially bc they NEVER brushed his teeth in the past and hardly ever do it now.. and LOL i dont know anyone in scientific evidence or personally who has not had a cavity even when they DO brush their teeth, let alone when they dont. and they actually did use fluoride toothpaste with levi when they did brush his teeth -_-
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

pikapikachu wrote:I've been hesitant to post this it's something I've been noticing. After Levi was born they said he was 4.5 weeks early. In her labor story she said he was 5 weeks early. In a recent vlog they said he was 6 weeks early. I guess it just sort of confuses me? Does anyone know what her original due date was? It seems weird that he went from 4 weeks early to 6 weeks early.

I already investigated this haha I was wondering the same thing! their due date was November 15. It was their anniversary also I think. In a vlog Oscar says morning to kyra happy anniversary and I think they also say happy due date to Levi but also on Insta if you go back to nov 15 last year there is a photo of kyra holding baby levi saying it was his due date.

So looking back he was born on his 36th week!
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Have these idiots never heard of dry drowning? If Levi breathes water in it could kill him. They are too stupid.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ayeyae wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Pineaples and Charswatching Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you just want babies? Because Smelly Belly is a kinda fun family. They're starting to get a little annoying because I think they're getting a taste of the money and are trying to get more views. They're doing a bunch of ridiculous things like making a huge tub of slime. But when they're just being a normal family, they're fun. The dad has no control over their three year old, but they are a nice family.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Breastfeeding at night is very different from going to bed with a bottle full of milk or formula. The problem with bottle rot is that the baby drinks, falls, asleep, and the milk or formula stays on their teeth, and the bacteria go nuts. There's no evidence that breastfeeding leads to bottle rot. Plus most babies that have their teeth are sleeping through the night so they aren't waking up to nurse. I didn't say all, I said most, just to be clear.
And the dive reflex usually disappears by 6 months. A couple of trips to the pool doesn't prolong it. And dry drowning is definitely a risk. It only takes a few seconds to inhale enough water to cause problems. It's not common, but it does happen.

charswatching
Talker
Talker

Unread post by charswatching »

flokofloz wrote:
Amanda-L wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Other thoughts on the vlog:
Bug buddies are actually defending the fact levi fell in the bath as an accident and "accidents happen" and that oscar didnt need to drop the camera and run to help his child bc "buggy can hold his breath from all the swimming he and oscar do! He learned how and knows" A baby who is 1 years old ....HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO HOLD HIS BREATH. are you daft?!?!? you can literally hear him choking on the water!
Their 12 year old, strangely obsessive fans will go to the ends of the earth to defend O&K and they will parrot back whatever they've heard in the vlog or have seen a fellow bug buddy respond with. Oscar tells Levi he's okay, that he's a big boy who's learned to hold his breath under water so the kids watching will repeat that over and over to anyone that dares to point out how dangerous it was. There's comments saying its not like it was 3ft deep water. Do they not realise that kids can drown in even the shallowest of water? Levi tumbled and whacked his head off the side of the bath before slipping under water. It all happened too fast. How do they think in those few seconds a baby will think "Oh, my manchild father there with the camera taught me to hold my breath once by blowing on my face before dunking me. I'll do that right now before going under the water again." Dimwits.

Of course accidents happen, but you're supposed to learn from them and do everything you can to try and stop them from happening again. How many times has Levi slipped in the bath? It's definitely not a first, they should have a bath mat in there and either sit on the floor or get a stool so they can sit beside him and interact with him when he is in there. Not just hover around trying to get vlog footage.
Guys, you need to read what babies can naturally do ;)
Babies can definitely be under water for a few seconds and not drown because they naturally know how to hold their breath (Oscar was just next to him, it was not possible for Levi to drown). If you keep doing it with your baby (which Oscar does) he/she will not lose this capacity. They can even learn to come back up and place themselves on their back if you go with them to the swimming pool a few times. A person told them to use floaties, but NO, it's so against free motricity! Or yes, sure, put them floaties... so they lose thoses capacities, get scared of water, need to pinch their nose at the age of 6, can't open their eyes under water, etc.
I quote "The bradycardic response; also exhibited by seals and other aquatic animals, the instinct may be a vestige of our ancient marine origins. It works like this: Infants up to 6 months old whose heads are submerged in water will naturally hold their breath. At the same time, their heart rates slow, helping them to conserve oxygen, and blood circulates primarily between their most vital organs, the heart and brain. The survival response keeps accidentally submerged babies alive much longer than adults would survive underwater".

From what I have read:
Moms don't need monitors. That's such a dumb thing created for people to spend their money. It's even worse when it works with wifi or other bad waves, it makes me cringe. Our grandparents did not have any and it's totally fine. Parents have ears, moms have a natural instinct, plus they live in a little apartment...

Your teeth don't get bad because of Formula. If you think yes, what about the babies who get breastfed until 2 or 3 years old? So yes... there is a little less sugar, but breastfed babies also ask for milk during the night for a long time (generally still wake up around 2 yo), and I'm telling you that you won't brush their teeth 3 times in the middle of the night. A baby with Formula normally doesn't need to have a bottle in the middle of the night because Formula is heavier in a baby's stomach. Plus, some people have sensitive teeth and even if they brush them they will get cavities. Some people don't brush their teeth and have nothing. There is a part of genetics here! He is only one, but if his teeth haven't got brown now, chances are that they probably won't (it can still happen though). Anyways, they started to stop Formula, which is good! The only thing that they should do is to use a toothpaste without fluoride. They should take something adapted to their kid because he can't spit yet. But I have realized that a loooot of people actually don't know that!

Overall I see improvement! Levi is smiling a lot, he has a lot of toys, they do a lot with him, they show that they change him, they brush his teeth, a lot of good things in the last videos! I feel like Levi is a baby who cries easily though. He barely hit his mouth with the GoPro and cried for a few minutes. I do think they are absolutely not bad accidents, Oscar just makes a big deal out of nothing. He is not going to suffer from that.
Teaching him to go underwater is a big difference to letting him fall in the bath and hit his head.
Yes our grandparents didn't have montiers that's exactly why we we do now!! Cot death was a lot more common then also!
My grandmother didn't have a cot and used a drawer lined with blankets yes that worked for her but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to use a cot!
The reason people myself included keep mentioning a moniter is because he has so much crap (300 blankets,teddies, bottles) in him cot. What about if he is being sick while asleep and choking? I didn't say anything about a wifi moniter I think they are stupid you just need to hear your child, if you don't have a moniter DONT shut the door at least!

charswatching
Talker
Talker

Amanda-L wrote:flokofloz - Call me an overprotective parent, but if I saw my child slip and bang their head before going under water, even for just a split second, my immediate reaction would be one of panic and I think that's completely natural. As mothers your brain immediately goes to the worst case scenario. I would rather over react in that situation than to think it'll all be fine and dandy and since Levi was shown coughing and spluttering on the water I don't think that instinct kicked in ;)

Our grandparents may not have used baby monitors, but times change and just because they did things a certain way doesn't mean we should too. I mean, my nana was all for rubbing whisky into the gums of teething babies, as I'm sure a lot of people were back then. Did it help to soothe them? Who knows, buts its not a done thing anymore. There are things our grandparents and parents did that you just wouldn't dream of doing nowadays, even if we have all lived to tell the tale. Of course baby monitors are a personal preference and not everyone sees the need, but for me, having lost a brother to cot death and being terrified of it, I used one for my own peace of mind. It helped me sleep that little bit better. The size of the house or apartment wouldn't matter to me. I would still use one regardless.
Sorry I didn't see wrote this before I replied it looks like I copied your post lol, Image spot on thou I agree completely

charswatching
Talker
Talker

I think that milk looks far too yellow to be cows milk just my opinion

amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

Whenever I give my daughter a bath I'm always holding her constantly and watching her constantly she's 7mo because I'm scared of her drowning or hurting herself because baths are very dangerous if your not careful they call fall, slip, drown, choke on the water , I have so much anxiety when it comes to her bath time

Ireadokbabay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ireadokbabay »

Ardnaid wrote:Why the up close shot of her eating popcorn? Yuck.

And I haven't watched the new vlog yet, but they expected him to sleep 16 hours?! That's not right. Not at that age. My 10 month old sleeps 11 hours at night and 3 hours split into two naps during the day, and her doctor said that's right on track.

Speaking of which, I wonder how much they lied about at Levi's one year appt.

Also, it's just a peeve but "12 month old"? No. He's a year. They'll be like a lady I saw on Facebook talking about her 33 month old.
That popcorn part was rather strange but really funny for some reason. Lol

lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

lmmomSD wrote:
ayeyae wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Pineaples and Charswatching Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you just want babies? Because Smelly Belly is a kinda fun family. They're starting to get a little annoying because I think they're getting a taste of the money and are trying to get more views. They're doing a bunch of ridiculous things like making a huge tub of slime. But when they're just being a normal family, they're fun. The dad has no control over their three year old, but they are a nice family.

I recommend maddiebtcc and oliviahas2moms :)
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

ecf997 wrote:
charswatching wrote:
ecf997 wrote:Image

I dunno, looks identical to the tube of Colgate I have in my bathroom.

*shrug* Benefit of the doubt, I guess.
And if it's the first time they have used it how comes it's nearly empty... Busted

No wonder the poor kid started crying, it probably burned his mouth.

Doesnt look like baby toothpaste, looks more like colgate. They are idiots

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

I think it's great to teach young kids to be comfortable in the water. To encourage them to like it, go under water, whatever. But from what I've seen the last few months, it's a result of lack of supervision during bath/pool time. He's had multiple incidents of slipping in the tub. A normal parent would probably freak out, then be more cautious the next time. OK didn't do that. They trust Levi way too much in the water. They let him stand and pull up in the tub without the protection of a non slip mat. They've made no effort to make the bath safer. Sure in the olden days they did things differently. No monitors, no brushing teeth, letting 2 months old go swimming, who knows. But we know so much more now about development and the benefits of important care especially during the early years. Kyra and Oscar do some things well. Levi has a home, food, lives in a safe area etc. But unfortunately it's the bad things, the close calls, that stick out to me. Seeing them not learn from their mistakes and do everything in their power to keep similar incidents from happening again, is enraging. They have been SO lucky. Levi has been fine. Thank god. But there may be a time he's seriously injured. To watch your toddler slip in the tub, hold your camera with one hand then pull him up with the other seriously pisses me off. To then put up that footage and include it as a clickbait thumbnail is so wrong to me. Children have serious accidents in the water. There's nothing funny about it and to draw people in thinking "oh what happened to Levi!" Is literally SICK. Seeing Oscar and Kyra do things like this really makes me question them as people. I have zero respect for vloggers who use their children's "safety" or "close calls" to get views is not okay in any way, shape or form. How will these kids feel about it when they're older?? If my parents had a clip of me falling down the stairs and used it as a thumbnail to get views on the internet for money I would be PISSED.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

kkkk wrote:I think it's great to teach young kids to be comfortable in the water. To encourage them to like it, go under water, whatever. But from what I've seen the last few months, it's a result of lack of supervision during bath/pool time. He's had multiple incidents of slipping in the tub. A normal parent would probably freak out, then be more cautious the next time. OK didn't do that. They trust Levi way too much in the water. They let him stand and pull up in the tub without the protection of a non slip mat. They've made no effort to make the bath safer. Sure in the olden days they did things differently. No monitors, no brushing teeth, letting 2 months old go swimming, who knows. But we know so much more now about development and the benefits of important care especially during the early years. Kyra and Oscar do some things well. Levi has a home, food, lives in a safe area etc. But unfortunately it's the bad things, the close calls, that stick out to me. Seeing them not learn from their mistakes and do everything in their power to keep similar incidents from happening again, is enraging. They have been SO lucky. Levi has been fine. Thank god. But there may be a time he's seriously injured. To watch your toddler slip in the tub, hold your camera with one hand then pull him up with the other seriously pisses me off. To then put up that footage and include it as a clickbait thumbnail is so wrong to me. Children have serious accidents in the water. There's nothing funny about it and to draw people in thinking "oh what happened to Levi!" Is literally SICK. Seeing Oscar and Kyra do things like this really makes me question them as people. I have zero respect for vloggers who use their children's "safety" or "close calls" to get views is not okay in any way, shape or form. How will these kids feel about it when they're older?? If my parents had a clip of me falling down the stairs and used it as a thumbnail to get views on the internet for money I would be PISSED.

couldn't have said it better myself! You hit all the high points!
hannahjilliancom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hannahjilliancom »

lmmomSD wrote:Breastfeeding at night is very different from going to bed with a bottle full of milk or formula. The problem with bottle rot is that the baby drinks, falls, asleep, and the milk or formula stays on their teeth, and the bacteria go nuts. There's no evidence that breastfeeding leads to bottle rot. Plus most babies that have their teeth are sleeping through the night so they aren't waking up to nurse. I didn't say all, I said most, just to be clear.
And the dive reflex usually disappears by 6 months. A couple of trips to the pool doesn't prolong it. And dry drowning is definitely a risk. It only takes a few seconds to inhale enough water to cause problems. It's not common, but it does happen.

I am curious about this now because I still breastfeed my son to bed and he has teeth. Do you know what I could search to find out more info?

Sent from my E5506 using Tapatalk
BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

Even in the vlog oscar says I hate when that happens, referring to him slipping in the tub. Exactly how many times does this need to happen before you buy a tub mat? Seriously they are 5 bucks and he wont slip as long as you watch him.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”