Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

nc_mom
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared - Entitled Assholes Part #18

Unread post by nc_mom »

Not only should they not get a pet until the children are older and responsibly able to care for it but why would they choose a large dog such as a Lab that needs plenty of room for exercise and running? Is the poor dog going to hop from rock to rock? Where is the grassy area for the dog to poop? I can no longer watch this loud, ignorant couple who haven't a brain among them. They obviously are getting a pet for ratings and more money and don't give any thought to the needs of the poor animal. Disgusting couple imo!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Raising a puppy is tough work. I have a lab mix rescue and he requires at LEAST a 45 minute walk a day (usually 2x/day) or he gets bored and chews things/digs up our yard. I seriously hope they prove me wrong, but I'm very apprehensive about how this is going to go.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:I am sad. Sadder than I was when I heard about Trump being elected.

If that poor dog so much as mouths on Calvin they will get rid of it... and I mean that in every sense of the word. I don't mean rehome, I mean have the poor thing PTS.

They're taking on too much too soon. Why? Ellie's gotta try and complete that Picture Perfect Family image she has in her head. She's already over the house, give it a week and she'll be over the puppy and then they'll be moving on to the next thing: baby #3.
I still hope they give it to Jared's parents if it doesn't work out. A good breeder would have required they sign a contract saying they would return the dog if at any point they can't keep it. It's feeling like this was an impulsive purchase though, so I'm guessing the breeder my just be someone selling dogs on Craigalist Image

Speaking of Ellie's perfect vision though, I wonder if we'll actually see real moments with the dog (the good and the bad)? Or do we expect everything be edited and set up to make it look like the perfect family, with the perfect dog?
If we see any "real" moments they'll only be there so everyone can see how patient Ellie is becoming. *rolls eyes*
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I bet you guys anything she'll have a dog trainer come in. I bet it will even be sponsored.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nc_mom wrote:Not only should they not get a pet until the children are older and responsibly able to care for it but why would they choose a large dog such as a Lab that needs plenty of room for exercise and running? Is the poor dog going to hop from rock to rock? Where is the grassy area for the dog to poop? I can no longer watch this loud, ignorant couple who haven't a brain among them. They obviously are getting a pet for ratings and more money and don't give any thought to the needs of the poor animal. Disgusting couple imo!
Ellie's dog doesn't need grass to poop on. He will go potty in the toilet just like any other respectable creature. It's going to instinctively know how, because Ellie's dog will have no bad habits.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nc_mom wrote:Not only should they not get a pet until the children are older and responsibly able to care for it but why would they choose a large dog such as a Lab that needs plenty of room for exercise and running? Is the poor dog going to hop from rock to rock? Where is the grassy area for the dog to poop? I can no longer watch this loud, ignorant couple who haven't a brain among them. They obviously are getting a pet for ratings and more money and don't give any thought to the needs of the poor animal. Disgusting couple imo!
With that backyard they should have got a goat Image
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I bet you guys anything she'll have a dog trainer come in. I bet it will even be sponsored.
And the dog trainer will be "her friend" and she'll start making videos on her channel about dog training.
TallButShort
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TallButShort »

P for Penny. Cute name and it doesn't surprise me that they went with it. I'm also not shocked they got her from a breeder.

She seems to be doing well but like people have said before they're in the honeymoon stage. She's new and smells like a puppy. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Jared's parents and Jared seemed wayyyy more into the puppy than Ellie, of course, not surprising. Also her weak "no bite" when the dog was biting Joel made me LOL. Please hire a dog trainer ASAP.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

looks like they got her from a puppy dealer or puppy mill online, met them in the middle of nowhere and they had a chinese crested powderpuff puppy with them as well. shes cute though, hope they keep treating her well.
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

Oh god Calvin is going to crush that puppy, thank god they didn't get a small breed. She is freaking adorable but it totally looks like they got her from a puppy mill and not a breeder...
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I swear if they leave that poor dog in the garage all the time I will comment on their video about it. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Personal - our dog stays by my side almost all the time. He's almost always laying by my feet no matter what I'm doing.

Dogs are pack animals. They can't be left alone like these ass clowns want to do.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think Ellie is more likely to be jealous of a female dog taking Jared's attention. I wish they had got a male, it might have had a better shot?

There is a breeder in ID that has both Chinese Crested and English Labs. They do not support kennelling though, and want their dogs to have free run of the house and property. I hope E&J didn't support a puppy mill (all of Ellie's breeder arguments go out the window then!) but if they did buy from this breeder then they probably lied and said the puppy will have free run. My guess is they will just make sure to not show it kennelled excessively. Better to hide that from the viewers as well.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I think Ellie is more likely to be jealous of a female dog taking Jared's attention. I wish they had got a male, it might have had a better shot?

There is a breeder in ID that has both Chinese Crested and English Labs. They do not support kennelling though, and want their dogs to have free run of the house and property. I hope E&J didn't support a puppy mill (all of Ellie's breeder arguments go out the window then!) but if they did buy from this breeder then they probably lied and said the puppy will have free run. My guess is they will just make sure to not show it kennelled excessively. Better to hide that from the viewers as well.
Good detective work, I hope that's true. I honestly hope they prove us all wrong and keep the dog inside as a member of the family. I can see Ellie freaking over the light colored dog hair all over her dark velvet automans and furniture. The dog will need frequent grooming and brushing to not shed hair all over everything. Labs are horrible shedders.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They would have honestly been better off with the Chinese crested powderpuff, I have one. Doesn't shed, doesn't bark too much, great with my kids, and pretty small so not overwhelming to my toddlers.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:They would have honestly been better off with the Chinese crested powderpuff, I have one. Doesn't shed, doesn't bark too much, great with my kids, and pretty small so not overwhelming to my toddlers.

Is that the same breed that people were mentioning in the DB thread? How random for that to be the breed that comes up in an E&J vlog too.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

So, I had a few thoughts while watching...

The Mecham's did not look that excited for E&J. I wonder if they had the same concerns we did?

I think Jared is trying to be like Cullen with the drone footage. His doesn't feel artistic and smooth though, and is actually very offputting and distracting to me.

I am always so distracted by Calvin's overbite. He needs to be weaned off the binky!

Jared was definitely more excited about the puppy than Ellie was. The way she kept trying to make it seem like a big achievement of their dreams by bringing up 7 years ago was very odd to me. I often feel like she's acting like how she assumes she's supposed to be. Like she's not feeling much of anything at all.

So they had gone to the store and bought a collar, but hadn't thought to get food or supplies? They are lucky the Mecham's have common sense. They are going to definitely need that Nature's Miracle!

Cute puppy and name! Calvin is going to hurt her though ... or get bitten

I hate it when vloggers drag out surprises and tease us, but this whole thing seemed very rushed. I was surprised to see the puppy in the teaser.

At the end when Ellie makes the comment "the dog is out." I'm thinking the dog chaos is going to push her over the edge once the honeymoon is over. How can they even go in the hot tub without locking the pup up?
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

So Ellie bought the puppy a beautiful new bed but forgot to buy her food? Sounds about right.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Typical of Ellie to get a cute collar but no food.
And they named her Penny? But Sam and Jenn's daughter is Penelope. Okaaay. I doubt they thought of that at all, but that's typical too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

Ellie: thanks Jared for getting ME a puppy.
I swear all that woman thinks about is herself. I hope they teach Calvin to be gentle with the poor dog at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”