JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

whattheactual
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Addie Skube & Those Other Kids, Too (Part 79)

Unread post by whattheactual »

luci417 wrote:
I actually agree about the name "Lilia". Glad someone finally said it. It's a transliteration of the Russian word for lily and, as with many transliterations, the phonetics don't make sense in English, because our language doesn't have the right sounds or letters to accommodate it, so we sort of wing it.

"Lilia" could still pass for a nice first name with a strong and ideally short Anglo/Germanic-sounding surname to anchor it (Scott, Cook, Jones, Reed, Dunn, Gordon, Shaw, Baker, Marks, Thompson etc.) But it really doesn't work with Gabe's last name, which is Esquilin. I think most of us like "Lilia" because, whether or not we find it pretty, at least it is not invented, and the rest of the kids' names set such a low bar (minus Tommy and to some extent Caden).

Of course, this is all a matter of preference and I don't intend to offend anyone who loves Lilia's name! This stuff is fun to talk about, not life or death, lol.
Agreed. Lilia is a name I have always found hard to say.
Out of all of them Lilia's definitely the best but it's a made up name too. i agree that it's a mouthful with her last name because there are just so many 'ih' sounds. if you say it fast it kind of sounds like nonsense. i think lilia schaefer is nicer but esquilin is still a damn sight better than skube. kyson is 100% made up and she's even admitted that. i think it's a terrible name but it at least has a nice sound. addelynn is awful and so dated but makes me think of some kind of southern belle (maybe because i think of it as Ada Lynn which imo is softer and prettier) which is at least interesting. i can't really hate it because it's the ugly cousin of Adeline which i adore.

as for kaden and landon...this is going to sound mean but to me it's like when people name their kids stuff like 'kennedi' or 'brooklyn'. i mean it's not very creative but more than that they're so...mediocre? give your kids a name that suggests they might be an exciting person rather than your average starbucks loving white girl. i would never give my kid a name from the top 100 (i've been scarred -my sister was an amy in the eighties and i bore witness to her struggle) but i understand why names like charlotte, amelia, elijah, oliver, etc. are so popular - they have depth! they sound like the names of protagonists from well written stories, or inventors or explorers. none of the names jess or chris have given their kids are very dignified which might be a problem when they're adults. Tommy, which i really hope is short for Thomas, isn't bad but it's the worst name they could have picked to go with Skube. why the double 'y' sound?!

sorry, i'm a huge name nerd. if you named your kid anything that i mentioned, it's not a personal attack on you and i'd love to know why you picked that name because it really interests me as both a mom and a big dork.
My mother named me Brooklyn and I know for a fact she did it because her and my dad met at a bar in brooklyn... It's better than my middle name which is Wasilla (and was originally intended to be my first name). Personally, i have never met someone with the same name as me, but it could just be where i live.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Caden Lilia and Kyson look so cute!!! Poor Addy looks like her neck is about to snap and I'm not feeling kadens and tommys haircut. They still look suuuper cute though.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I think its a really cute picture.. Im sure there will be more of them not kissing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Unread post by whattheactual »

Maybe it's just me, but I personally like the picture. I think everyone looks nicely put together but it's not too horribly staged. I also things it's nice that Jess and Chris **seem** to actually like each other. I have seen so many parents who just hate the sight of each other and I find it heart breaking for the kids. I hope to god that they make this crazy mess work for everyone's sake.
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

imapumkinseed wrote:
babyfox wrote:Lilia is wearing pants in that photo that aren't pink or flowery?!? :-o
Pretty sure those are Kyson's legs, and we can't see Lilia's. I'd bet money that's the pink fair Isle sweater dress that she mentioned matches Addies. No way Lilia would be allowed to wear khakis [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Oh, you're right! I thought one of the legs was Lilia's. Silly me, Jess would never let either of her #princesses wear something as horrendous as khakis. :roll:
gemmie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gemmie »

berrybitch wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016112 ... b3c594.jpg[/img]
From the photographers Facebook

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I love that they included all the kids.

... super creepy it was taken on their bed Image

marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

The pic is cute minus the whole kissing and loving. Again trying to convince the world and themselves.

I couldn't help but think looking at the picture that ALL she has done/achieved before hitting the silver jubilee of her life is to reproduce. SMH.
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

The only kids that are posed nicely are tommy and kyson. Lilia is way too old to be wearing those huge ass bows one her head (although I don't think they should be on anyone!). Addie's head looks like it's about to fall off.

ETA: lmao I thought Kyson's right leg was Lilia's.
Last edited by Mel1011 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

Caden's expression is funny in that picture. It looks like he's mimicking Chris and Jess kissing, lol.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

For many of "yewneek" names, I tend to find that the name suits them. *Personal story time* When I worked at a summer camp, there was a little girl named Rayne. When I saw that name on my list, my initial response was "That is such a hippie name." When I met her, she was bubbly, kind, and highly energetic. The name completely fit her personality. When I presented awards at the end of the week, she got Ray of Sunshine, and she thought it was the best thing ever.

I think Lilia's name suits her, but the rhyming middle and last names throw it off a bit. Kyson is totally a Kyson. I once tried to picture him as a Kaden (since I think he was supposed to originally be Kaden), but it's too weird. Kaden is part of the -aden trend, which is so annoying (I know a fourth grader with his name spelled like that). Landen is purposely misspelled to be unique (which is annoying), but the name fits him better than Landon would. I can't say whether Addelyn fits yet because she's only 9 days old, but we can hope!
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

gemmie wrote:
I love that they included all the kids.

... super creepy it was taken on their bed Image
Creepy? How? Seems like a pretty common thing among pro photographers who come to your house. My kids climb up on my bed all the damn time, is that creepy? Lol. They're kids.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by MyGuiltyPleasure »

And I love how theyre like "oh we're just one big happy family with so many kids!" lol no its Jessica whose the freak that spawned 2/3 of those kids., coming into the relationship with 4 already. Chris had a sane number of children. Now they act like theyre some brady bunch when really its her brood that makes them look nuts. If they both had 2 to start with it wouldnt look so ridiculous and can be understandable to add a 5th but to add a 7th/her 5th is just bonkers.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

dazzled wrote:
GetYouTubesTied wrote: I actually agree about the name "Lilia". Glad someone finally said it. It's a transliteration of the Russian word for lily and, as with many transliterations, the phonetics don't make sense in English, because our language doesn't have the right sounds or letters to accommodate it, so we sort of wing it.

"Lilia" could still pass for a nice first name with a strong and ideally short Anglo/Germanic-sounding surname to anchor it (Scott, Cook, Jones, Reed, Dunn, Gordon, Shaw, Baker, Marks, Thompson etc.) But it really doesn't work with Gabe's last name, which is Esquilin. I think most of us like "Lilia" because, whether or not we find it pretty, at least it is not invented, and the rest of the kids' names set such a low bar (minus Tommy and to some extent Caden).

Of course, this is all a matter of preference and I don't intend to offend anyone who loves Lilia's name! This stuff is fun to talk about, not life or death, lol.
I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say but this was about how the name is pronounced in English and it's literally just Lily with an A at the end so I have no idea how anyone could find it "a mouthful" or "hard to say"....
"Lilia" in itself and especially combined with "Esquilin" = a lot of sounds in a row that aren't comfortable/natural or even easy to pronounce (especially for people with speech impediments...see some of the posters above). Maybe the concept of a tongue twister is helpful for reference.

I can pronounce "Lilia" fine but still wouldn't choose it for my daughter because cadence and flow are things I pay a lot of attention to when it comes to choosing names. Everyone is entitled to her own perspective.

Now, PLEASE, let's move on before this turns into The Great Hair Bleach Debate 2.0! :)
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Omg lol she is so annoying again. For a while she wasn't bugging me as much but she's back.

this bitch is insane trying to say her kid is smiling "more than any newborn she's ever seen". Forever trying to compare her average children.
NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

In Jess's new video title she spelled ADDELYN in all caps the name looks even worse in all caps lol
gemmie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gemmie »

It would be so satisfying to put some dry shampoo on this girl's roots omg.

imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

That was a pretty annoying video. Girl needs to learn some humility for real. The whole video was basically about how perfect Addie is, except the part where Jess allows her ONE WEEK OLD to cosleep on her fucking stomach... she can be such a moron. No, your newborn isn't rolling or smiling. It's gas, and she rolls because the mattress isn't flat, when you're on it with her. I am very pro-cosleeping but PLEASE do it safely, or you'll give all the rest of us a bad name.

Also I'm irritated by her booty shorts that look like she has no pants on. Why does this girl hate clothes...

NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

gemmie wrote:It would be so satisfying to put some dry shampoo on this girl's roots omg.

thats all I could think of doing while watching the video...ugh her roots are so greasy!
Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

Yes such an annoying video! First of all I couldn't stop staring at her greasy hair. Then she kept saying that Addie was "just like her daddy" . Girl she's barely 1 week old you can't say "she's just like her daddy" just cuz she doesnt like the dark. So stupid. But she's sooooo perfect and such an easy happy baby. Smh. All newborns are that way. Yes some more needy than others but most just cry when they are getting changed. And her hair looks blonde to me idk where they see red hair cuz I sure don't.
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

imapumkinseed wrote:That was a pretty annoying video. Girl needs to learn some humility for real. The whole video was basically about how perfect Addie is, except the part where Jess allows her ONE WEEK OLD to cosleep on her fucking stomach... she can be such a moron. No, your newborn isn't rolling or smiling. It's gas, and she rolls because the mattress isn't flat, when you're on it with her. I am very pro-cosleeping but PLEASE do it safely, or you'll give all the rest of us a bad name.

Also I'm irritated by her booty shorts that look like she has no pants on. Why does this girl hate clothes...

I don't know, she did seem pretty smiley for a new born, even a gassy one. To me, it seemed like a reaction to Jess's voice. So even if we find her voice annoying, I think Addie likes it. On the cosleeping thing, if the baby is determined to only sleep on her stomach I agree that its unsafe to continue to cosleep in the manner that Jess is currently doing it. I think she should get a cosleeper or a dock-a-top (or however you spell it) to make it a tad bit safer and maybe one of those owlet monitors.

Return to “JesssFam”