Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Did I miss why Bonnie was talking about her relationships with her family members and keeping quiet when annoyed?? I was pigging out so only paying attention so much lol.

Also, how long has she been putting "IN THIS EPISODE:" type descriptions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lmao! Olivia is such a dang spazz! pretty cute.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Sweet456 wrote:What am I the only one who thought they got the tickets from the same company they partnered with for the other one ?

I said this earlier, but I thought they would show Joel using SeatGeek app in their vlog or a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he bought the tickets. Bonnie is he one that deals with the companies, and I really don't think she knew about it. I can't imagine Joel sneaking around to find her contact at SeatGeek, and then arranging things behind her back.
That makes it sound so devious, lol. It's not like it would be a bad thing. Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote: I said this earlier, but I thought they would show Joel using SeatGeek app in their vlog or a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he bought the tickets. Bonnie is he one that deals with the companies, and I really don't think she knew about it. I can't imagine Joel sneaking around to find her contact at SeatGeek, and then arranging things behind her back.
That makes it sound so devious, lol. It's not like it would be a bad thing. Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Not devious in a bad way, but just something I can't see him doing. Contacting business relations behind her back is much different than going to her mom or something. Just that YT is Bonnie's thing and these are her contacts. Having Joel contact them could be stepping on Bonnie's toes a bit. I can't see him taking the risk of upsetting/annoying her.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Oh Bonnie, don't push a kid down a slide with tears in their eyes, saying I don't want to do (scream) and laugh. She should have never gone as far up as she did with Boston seeing the fear on his eyes early on. He is just a young kid. It wasn't a great vlog with all that stuff about her sisters...many families have good relationships and the Griffiths are far from perfect. Ellie's recent negative comments on social media maybe the reason she is going out of her way talking about their family.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:People who say Julie is the prettiest of the sisters... is that based on her personality has swayed you that way? Just curious.

I think she has a nicer personality and I wonder if living outside of Utah has made her grow beyond her family circle. I also like she has furthered her education to become a nurse.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I said this earlier, but I thought they would show Joel using SeatGeek app in their vlog or a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think he bought the tickets. Bonnie is he one that deals with the companies, and I really don't think she knew about it. I can't imagine Joel sneaking around to find her contact at SeatGeek, and then arranging things behind her back.[/quote]

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk[/quote]

Not devious in a bad way, but just something I can't see him doing. Contacting business relations behind her back is much different than going to her mom or something. Just that YT is Bonnie's thing and these are her contacts. Having Joel contact them could be stepping on Bonnie's toes a bit. I can't see him taking the risk of upsetting/annoying her.[/quote]

I have been interested how YouTube works as far as finances and promotions so it isn't a devious thought, just a curious how this business works.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jaynshann wrote:On a different note....Bonnie is hands down my FAVORITE YouTube Mommy but that elf on the shelf video where all the kids are on the kitchen table and a few are on/hanging OVER that ledge that has a direct drop to the basement stair case.....my anxiety almost made me need a glass of wine at 9am. I wouldn't even be able to have Lincoln on that table in a Bumbo and walk away like they do....that table and it's location doubled with the way they let their kids get on top of it looks like a disaster waiting to happen! Or am l just a Nervous Nellie???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Nope, someday I feel someone is going over that ledge to the basement. They should really discourage any activity near this ledge and not have a means to climbing up this close to this ledge.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothing makes Bonnie madder than negative social media comments. But that goes along with families vlogging or their jobs now and she better get use to it by ignoring or not reading them. I think Bonnie will overcompensate with Ellie's negative comments she received by going on about them. If she would let them go, they would go away.

I don't know one person who is comfortable with weight gain and I am sure this is true with Bonnie. So to have it pointed out by off handed tweet by a thin sister isn't a good thing. Bonnie reminds me of the typical thirty year old where you can't eat everything anymore and weight gain comes easier. Ellie reminds me of someone very happy with her thin looks and does she really just weigh in the 90 pound range?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothing makes Bonnie madder than negative social media comments. But that goes along with families vlogging or their jobs now and she better get use to it by ignoring or not reading them. I think Bonnie will overcompensate with Ellie's negative comments she received by going on about them. If she would let them go, they would go away.

I don't know one person who is comfortable with weight gain and I am sure this is true with Bonnie. So to have it pointed out by an off handed tweet by a thin sister isn't a good thing. Bonnie reminds me of the typical thirty year old where you can't eat everything anymore and weight gain comes easier. Ellie reminds me of someone very happy with her thin looks and does she really just weigh in the 90 pound range?
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

BOY, if the ending of that vlog doesn't sum up (most) of the Griffiths family then I don't know what does!

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:Did I miss why Bonnie was talking about her relationships with her family members and keeping quiet when annoyed?? I was pigging out so only paying attention so much lol.

Also, how long has she been putting "IN THIS EPISODE:" type descriptions???

I think Joel has been putting them in, they started when he edited his first vlog.

ellawski
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ellawski »

tratra58 wrote:Oh Bonnie, don't push a kid down a slide with tears in their eyes, saying I don't want to do (scream) and laugh. She should have never gone as far up as she did with Boston seeing the fear on his eyes early on. He is just a young kid. It wasn't a great vlog with all that stuff about her sisters...many families have good relationships and the Griffiths are far from perfect. Ellie's recent negative comments on social media maybe the reason she is going out of her way talking about their family.
This! He was so scared! And it's not like it was a dentist appointment and he had to do it. I mean, save the tears for the things they actually have to do and don't want to do lol

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
LydiaE wrote: Don't ever forget the double standard. It's totally okay to skinny shame, but never to fat shame!
The only person on this board that I see talked about being too skinny is Ellie which I think is rightly deserved. Ellie is not getting any help, she isn't doing anything to better her weight. She looks like death and people are concerned because she has two little boys to take care of. Julie, Bonnie and Ellies sister, is also very very skinny but she doesn't look emaciated or like she's dying. Compare Julie and Ellie and you'll be shocked.
Their brother Beau literally is the male version of Ellie. Skinny, gaunt, and probably to many, unhealthy looking. He just looks like any other skinny guy to me. Just like Bonnie looks like any other overweight woman to me. Neither are anything to celebrate because the entire family seems to have food issues and sugar addictions. I don't think they were fed properly growing up.

The hilarious part is that people are now claiming that saying Ellie looks like a skeleton or like death is a sign of concern for her. Whatever. If she has an eating disorder, thyroid disorder, anxiety disorder, or other mental illness she may not see things clearly or have a normal appetite. It doesn't mean she's unsightly anymore than Bonnie is. In fact, I've asked my husband to look at all of the Griffith sisters and choose who he feels is the most attractive and he chose Ellie. He likes thin and skinny women and so do plenty of men. Plenty of men would be attracted to a larger woman like Bonnie.

I guess this strikes a nerve because I'm so tired of people criticizing my own daughter for being thin. She's a really pretty and sweet girl who eats well and exercises but often comes home in tears because overweight girls criticize her for being "anorexic". It's not fair because she'd never dream of criticizing overweight or obese people. The same happens to me as an adult, right down to being accused of having had breast augmentation.

People in the West are so unhealthy. What was considered plump 20 years ago is now "normal". Kids are downright obese.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

LydiaE wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
LydiaE wrote: Don't ever forget the double standard. It's totally okay to skinny shame, but never to fat shame!
The only person on this board that I see talked about being too skinny is Ellie which I think is rightly deserved. Ellie is not getting any help, she isn't doing anything to better her weight. She looks like death and people are concerned because she has two little boys to take care of. Julie, Bonnie and Ellies sister, is also very very skinny but she doesn't look emaciated or like she's dying. Compare Julie and Ellie and you'll be shocked.
Their brother Beau literally is the male version of Ellie. Skinny, gaunt, and probably to many, unhealthy looking. He just looks like any other skinny guy to me. Just like Bonnie looks like any other overweight woman to me. Neither are anything to celebrate because the entire family seems to have food issues and sugar addictions. I don't think they were fed properly growing up.

The hilarious part is that people are now claiming that saying Ellie looks like a skeleton or like death is a sign of concern for her. Whatever. If she has an eating disorder, thyroid disorder, anxiety disorder, or other mental illness she may not see things clearly or have a normal appetite. It doesn't mean she's unsightly anymore than Bonnie is. In fact, I've asked my husband to look at all of the Griffith sisters and choose who he feels is the most attractive and he chose Ellie. He likes thin and skinny women and so do plenty of men. Plenty of men would be attracted to a larger woman like Bonnie.

I guess this strikes a nerve because I'm so tired of people criticizing my own daughter for being thin. She's a really pretty and sweet girl who eats well and exercises but often comes home in tears because overweight girls criticize her for being "anorexic". It's not fair because she'd never dream of criticizing overweight or obese people. The same happens to me as an adult, right down to being accused of having had breast augmentation.

People in the West are so unhealthy. What was considered plump 20 years ago is now "normal". Kids are downright obese.
Unless your daughter is Ellie, we aren't talking about her.

We've seen Ellie have questionable food issues.

She's said herself it's causing health problems.

That's fantastic your daughter is sweet, eats well and exercises, but Ellie does none of those things. It sounds like your daughter has little in common with Ellie, other than her appearance. Given that you have a similar frame, it doesn't surprise me that your husband would find Ellie the most attractive. That doesn't mean larger women can't be attractive too.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

To change the subject. What does everyone think of Bonnie's lack of socialization, activities, and never taking her kids to parks or anything. Yesterday's vlog is the first time in a very long time I have seen her take the kids to a play area and poor Boston was terrified of everything and wanted to go home and have quiet time. It just seems to me with two stay at home parents with all the time in the world they would be going to library story time, parks, museums, zoos and play areas more often. I know Ellie always gets criticism for this but I haven't seen anyone criticize Bonnie for it.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:To change the subject. What does everyone think of Bonnie's lack of socialization, activities, and never taking her kids to parks or anything. Yesterday's vlog is the first time in a very long time I have seen her take the kids to a play area and poor Boston was terrified of everything and wanted to go home and have quiet time. It just seems to me with two stay at home parents with all the time in the world they would be going to library story time, parks, museums, zoos and play areas more often. I know Ellie always gets criticism for this but I haven't seen anyone criticize Bonnie for it.
I think she's gotten into the habit (maybe passed down from how she grew up) of relying on her front and backyard. I think most of us grew up like that, but most of us with little ones now, likely do spend more time trying to take them to places like the park, zoo, children's museum, etc... she should definitely find somewhere to take the kids. I bet there's SOMETHING like the wiggle worm.

I always felt guilty if I didn't have an out of the house activity everyday for my son during the week.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

It made me so upset for poor Boston to see Bonnie push him down the slide while laughing... that was so unnecessary, if she really wanted him to go down so badly she should have went down with him - especially considering she was the only one that wanted to go down the slide.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:To change the subject. What does everyone think of Bonnie's lack of socialization, activities, and never taking her kids to parks or anything. Yesterday's vlog is the first time in a very long time I have seen her take the kids to a play area and poor Boston was terrified of everything and wanted to go home and have quiet time. It just seems to me with two stay at home parents with all the time in the world they would be going to library story time, parks, museums, zoos and play areas more often. I know Ellie always gets criticism for this but I haven't seen anyone criticize Bonnie for it.
This is one of the areas where I think Bonnie doesn't really shine. Her sisters are the same way and I'm guessing they learned this from Grandma Griff, that great arbiter of all things related to raising children. Bonnie's kids play in their backyard, or the basement. Their "friends" are actually their cousins.

I was largely raised this way too, except we didn't have relatives. But I was expected to entertain myself rather than being entertained. My mom would never in a million years have played with me, and if I complained of boredom, she gave me chores. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to develop the ability to amuse oneself. In fact, the first few months I watched Bonnie's channel, I really enjoyed that her vlogs felt like a blast from the past. Her kids amused themselves in the yard and didn't seem to be hooked on screen time.

I guess she just didn't vlog "quiet time" that much back then, and the basement wasn't finished, so we didn't get the idea that a lot of time was spent watching TV downstairs. I don't know, I don't necessarily hate TV, but it does seem like there's a lot of nothing going on.

My grandmother would have looked at you sternly like a hawk and then dismissed you for suggesting that little children should be taken to activities regularly, like Katie takes Gaines to music and gymnastics. My own mom would find it ridiculous too. But when I acquired a step girl, I felt real guilt anytime we would stay home for long stretches. Not so much now, because she has her own stuff going on, but definitely when she was small. I guess something has changed in the way we parent and socialize children, and the Griffiths didn't get the memo.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

freshbalsam wrote:BOY, if the ending of that vlog doesn't sum up (most) of the Griffiths family then I don't know what does!

I'll say!
"No matter how much your family member has upset you, squash those feelings wayyy down and smile, smile, smile for the camera.
Nothing says "healthy relationship"like bottled up resentment

Also, was Cody there today? I didnt see him, but I didnt pay super close attention.
I felt so bad for Boston when she pushed him down the slide, not wanting to compare vloggers, cos for the most part i really like Bonnie, but Cullen and Katie would have gone down the slide with Gaines if she was that scared

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”