Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Oscar Drones On: Part 6 [OKBaby]

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Lovehound11 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Lovehound11 wrote:She has such tacky taste in baby clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have to disagree! I think she picked some really cute things out! Esp the blue and white dress/shirt thing and the furry jacket and pink shirts with patterns
Some was cute, but I loathe character clothing. It all looks cheap to me

trueeee but kids love it! your kids will always want to dress like superheroes or princesses when they're toddlers...cant really win there
puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

How much milk have we calculated that she's feeding him? My nephew just turned 1 and was six weeks early, so he's a preemie like Levi. My nephew's doctor doesn't want him getting more than 20 oz of milk per day. I think at last count, Levi was somewhere around 45 oz?

Also, my nephew is down to 3 hours of naps per day. He usually naps from 9 - 10:30 and then again from 1 - 2:30. He wakes up at 6 a.m., eats, plays, has a bottle (bottle is fed to him while holding him, not thrown at him in his crib), goes down for a nap. He repeats this throughout the day until night time. He eats dinner at 5:30, has a bath at six, then has story time/sometimes a massage from Mom and goes down by 7:30. It's an easy schedule and he sticks to it well. Does Levi wake up at the same time each day? Go to bed at the same time each night? It really doesn't matter what time that might be. It'd just be nice to see SOME consistency in Levi's life.

And as for the walking thing, Levi is right on track. Most babies walk between 12-18 months. Especially given that he's a preemie and took a bit to figure out crawling, Levi would probably be on the early side if he starts walking now. My nephew thinks he can walk, but he doesn't have the balance part of it down yet. He just cruises while holding onto something at the moment.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

puzzledbyit28 wrote:How much milk have we calculated that she's feeding him? My nephew just turned 1 and was six weeks early, so he's a preemie like Levi. My nephew's doctor doesn't want him getting more than 20 oz of milk per day. I think at last count, Levi was somewhere around 45 oz?

Also, my nephew is down to 3 hours of naps per day. He usually naps from 9 - 10:30 and then again from 1 - 2:30. He wakes up at 6 a.m., eats, plays, has a bottle (bottle is fed to him while holding him, not thrown at him in his crib), goes down for a nap. He repeats this throughout the day until night time. He eats dinner at 5:30, has a bath at six, then has story time/sometimes a massage from Mom and goes down by 7:30. It's an easy schedule and he sticks to it well. Does Levi wake up at the same time each day? Go to bed at the same time each night? It really doesn't matter what time that might be. It'd just be nice to see SOME consistency in Levi's life.

And as for the walking thing, Levi is right on track. Most babies walk between 12-18 months. Especially given that he's a preemie and took a bit to figure out crawling, Levi would probably be on the early side if he starts walking now. My nephew thinks he can walk, but he doesn't have the balance part of it down yet. He just cruises while holding onto something at the moment.
He doesn't seem to be on any kind of schedule so he wakes up and goes to bed at different times every day, Oscar and Kyra really should put him on a set schedule before baby girl gets here because they are really going to be screwed if now and I think they feed him way too much milk, at 1 my niece was off the bottle and was told to use a sippy cup, she only has a small amount before nap and WITH meals (not instead of meals like O K seem to do).
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

I didn't really watch the entire haul, but did she buy any newborn clothes? All I saw were outfits that are way too big. When my daughter was born she pretty much lived in onesies. They're essential at that age.
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

Ardnaid wrote:If I were Kyra, I'd take that drone and smash it.

Also, Oscar's comments about her negative attitude... Oh wait, just kidding. No, you're not "just kidding." You're a jerk, who makes your baby and pregnant girlfriend wait so you can play like a little kid. And then you're rude about it. I haaaate when he says stuff and then follows up with "just kidding" when you know he's not.

The tension was definitely visible in this vlog. Oscar needs to grow the fuck up.
This has really been bothering me lately. He is constantly picking, picking, picking. Today, her "negative energy" brings down the drone. The other day he blamed her for not landing his stupid skateboarding trick because she was watching him impatiently. He was "joking" around, but you could tell he was pissed. She's called a "worry wart" about driving through a blizzard. And then things like spraying her with silly string even as she's begging him in a serious tone to stop. Or skating with Levi after she says it bothers her. Those are just a few examples and I don't even watch them regularly. I've probably seen 20 or so vlogs. I don't get what Kyra's angle is here. Is she putting up with it for the sake of the channel? Or does it not faze her and she's not truly bothered? I couldn't imagine my husband doing these boneheaded things and then making me wait around while he does boneheaded things part 2 and 3.
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

I personally believe Kyra is depressed because she has no friends around her, no family around her other then Levi, Oscar and their fish, no personal income to herself (unless she gets all the KBaby money to herself), she's in a very emotionally unhappy relationship, she's pregnant just a few months after getting over her PP depression, she sees all her YouTube friends children advancing further then her own.

Even though her father doesn't like travelling on planes I personally believe they should've moved to Florida or back to LA, because where they are they have no friends other then Aspyn and Parker and Cassidy and Jared (I think that's his name).

I also believe Kyra hates that she has no control over OKBABY anymore... she used to be in 100% control over the channel while Oscar was working but now he's editing and taking control things are delayed and she's the one that cops the hate via twitter and Instagram while he just doodles around doing his Casey neistat Montagey shit.

She wants that typical white picket fence life and Oscar isn't giving it to her. It's so obvious she wants a proposal and for Oscar to give her security on their relationship and it makes her insecure that knowing even two kids can't really tie him down...

I know we always pick on her but maybe it's all Oscars fault the way she is. He always disturbs hers and Levi's bonding time. And he always blames everything on her when he's mostly to blame when it comes to technology.
I actually feel sorry for Kyra.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

d4865 wrote:I personally believe Kyra is depressed because she has no friends around her, no family around her other then Levi, Oscar and their fish, no personal income to herself (unless she gets all the KBaby money to herself), she's in a very emotionally unhappy relationship, she's pregnant just a few months after getting over her PP depression, she sees all her YouTube friends children advancing further then her own.

Even though her father doesn't like travelling on planes I personally believe they should've moved to Florida or back to LA, because where they are they have no friends other then Aspyn and Parker and Cassidy and Jared (I think that's his name).

I also believe Kyra hates that she has no control over OKBABY anymore... she used to be in 100% control over the channel while Oscar was working but now he's editing and taking control things are delayed and she's the one that cops the hate via twitter and Instagram while he just doodles around doing his Casey neistat Montagey shit.

She wants that typical white picket fence life and Oscar isn't giving it to her. It's so obvious she wants a proposal and for Oscar to give her security on their relationship and it makes her insecure that knowing even two kids can't really tie him down...

I know we always pick on her but maybe it's all Oscars fault the way she is. He always disturbs hers and Levi's bonding time. And he always blames everything on her when he's mostly to blame when it comes to technology.
I actually feel sorry for Kyra.
Agreed. I feel like Kyra grew up in a broken family situation so she's in a rush to fill that void she never got, to have the family she never had. It's really sad how uninvolved her parents are. Like they really can't ever visit? Even in Montana, her mom couldn't drive to their apartment?? It's crazy to me how hands off her whole family is. I would be so depressed about that. It's strange to me they moved away from the only family member Kyra seemed to be most recently connected to, her grandmother. Now they're alone in Utah with no friends or family. What was the point of that? They also don't make any efforts to make friends or build any kind of social network so that's on them. I would go absolutely INSANE if I was home everyday all day with JUST my husband and son with not one friend close by. Seriously I would be SO depressed. It's messed up Oscar can't read the signals and after 2 years and 2 kids he's not moving forward with an engagement. You can be a perfectly happy family without being married, if that's what both people want. But that's not their situation. Kyra clearly wants more and Oscar's too busy being someone he's not to even notice. Wonder what their life is really like when the camera is off.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sosie Lark wrote:

Also, Oscar's comments about her negative attitude... Oh wait, just kidding. No, you're not "just kidding." You're a jerk, who makes your baby and pregnant girlfriend wait so you can play like a little kid. And then you're rude about it. I haaaate when he says stuff and then follows up with "just kidding" when you know he's not.

The tension was definitely visible in this vlog. Oscar needs to grow the fuck up.
This has really been bothering me lately. He is constantly picking, picking, picking. Today, her "negative energy" brings down the drone. The other day he blamed her for not landing his stupid skateboarding trick because she was watching him impatiently. He was "joking" around, but you could tell he was pissed. She's called a "worry wart" about driving through a blizzard. And then things like spraying her with silly string even as she's begging him in a serious tone to stop. Or skating with Levi after she says it bothers her. Those are just a few examples and I don't even watch them regularly. I've probably seen 20 or so vlogs. I don't get what Kyra's angle is here. Is she putting up with it for the sake of the channel? Or does it not faze her and she's not truly bothered? I couldn't imagine my husband doing these boneheaded things and then making me wait around while he does boneheaded things part 2 and 3.
because she is subjected to this constant emotional manipulation on the daily, she probably thinks its normal and expects it. Coming from someone who has been in an emotionally abusive relationship, the person will say "oh im just joking, you know i love you" and do nice things for you to "make up for" constantly acting so terribly towards you and you end up believing it and thinking they are just being silly with you and you dont have a right to be mad/sad about it. :( It is truly sad. You only really see it when you get out of those toxic relationships tbh. love is blind
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ok people, they are NOT friends with aspyn and parker. A and P live over 4 hours away as do parker's sister and her husband (cassidy and jared). they met up with them once and A and P met up with them twice---they are only acquaintances and hang out for views bc they are part of the same management team--they dont talk/arent close whatsoever. I feel very bad for kyra too. :( oscar is clearly emotionally manipulative towards her and has absolutely no regard for her feelings--he blames her for everything (the worst being blaming her for levi's reactions and things she has no control over). I remember when kyra went thru the PPD/baby blues oscar would make fun of her or laugh at her for being "overly emotional/moody". PPD is a real thing and can really affect a person's quality of life :( That must've been so hard for kyra! Also, it hurts me to see that her family doesnt seem to care/be involved or make an effort to include her/visit her. I totally agree that she is rushing things and wanting many kids because she wants to tie oscar down and is probs hoping that with more added commitment in the form of kids, he will finally propose to her. That is so frustrating that he wont. im sure it stresses her out. i agree with everything you guys have said. I think that she is definitely trying to fill a void. Idk how she isnt going crazy spending 24/7 with oscar and having no friends...she really needs to branch out and join something--exercise group, mommy and me group, even church, anything really and meet new people. Or get a part time job!
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote: because she is subjected to this constant emotional manipulation on the daily, she probably thinks its normal and expects it. Coming from someone who has been in an emotionally abusive relationship, the person will say "oh im just joking, you know i love you" and do nice things for you to "make up for" constantly acting so terribly towards you and you end up believing it and thinking they are just being silly with you and you dont have a right to be mad/sad about it. :( It is truly sad. You only really see it when you get out of those toxic relationships tbh. love is blind
That makes sense. Sorry you went through that! It's so strange to see her so la-la-la about all Oscar's nonsense, when she doesn't put up with crap from anyone else. It's a whole different animal when it's someone you're with though, for sure. Sometimes I think he's just a buffoon and other times I get really angry at him--he's so insensitive to her sometimes. Anyway, I don't think I can watch anymore. If they break up and Kyra gets her own family channel, then maybe!
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sosie Lark wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote: because she is subjected to this constant emotional manipulation on the daily, she probably thinks its normal and expects it. Coming from someone who has been in an emotionally abusive relationship, the person will say "oh im just joking, you know i love you" and do nice things for you to "make up for" constantly acting so terribly towards you and you end up believing it and thinking they are just being silly with you and you dont have a right to be mad/sad about it. :( It is truly sad. You only really see it when you get out of those toxic relationships tbh. love is blind
That makes sense. Sorry you went through that! It's so strange to see her so la-la-la about all Oscar's nonsense, when she doesn't put up with crap from anyone else. It's a whole different animal when it's someone you're with though, for sure. Sometimes I think he's just a buffoon and other times I get really angry at him--he's so insensitive to her sometimes. Anyway, I don't think I can watch anymore. If they break up and Kyra gets her own family channel, then maybe!
it's ok im in an amazing and loving relationship now :) But yeah i totally agree with you! I honestly cant stand oscar. everything he does rubs me the wrong way
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Sosie Lark wrote:

because she is subjected to this constant emotional manipulation on the daily, she probably thinks its normal and expects it. Coming from someone who has been in an emotionally abusive relationship, the person will say "oh im just joking, you know i love you" and do nice things for you to "make up for" constantly acting so terribly towards you and you end up believing it and thinking they are just being silly with you and you dont have a right to be mad/sad about it. :( It is truly sad. You only really see it when you get out of those toxic relationships tbh. love is blind
I personally believe Oscar doesn't love Kyra, he has lust over her but not he's not in love with her and she knows it
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Kyra seemed really confused in her haul... and all over the place with sizes. Like no newborn stuff at all? No 0-3 month? I'm being nitpicky I know... just stood out to me. Like when I was pregnant with my first son I didn't go out and buy random 6 month clothes or random 9 month outfits. I bought some newborn and some 0-3 based on the weather... then we sort of shopped as we went I suppose. Struck me as really disorganized. As is their entire life though..

Ardnaid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ardnaid »

kkkk wrote:Kyra seemed really confused in her haul... and all over the place with sizes. Like no newborn stuff at all? No 0-3 month? I'm being nitpicky I know... just stood out to me. Like when I was pregnant with my first son I didn't go out and buy random 6 month clothes or random 9 month outfits. I bought some newborn and some 0-3 based on the weather... then we sort of shopped as we went I suppose. Struck me as really disorganized. As is their entire life though..

I kind of thought the same. I've thought about doing hauls when I do big shopping trips, and I'd areange by size and style, so it's not so over the place. But she is always so disorganized. And everything is "cute." she needs a thesaurus. And that thumbnail looked really... Bland. She looked completely out of it.

Also, when I was pregnant, I did get a lot of random sizes, like I had up to 2&3t. But I was mostly shopping at thrift stores and sales where stuff was 70% or more off, lol. The new stuff I bought was newborn and seasonally appropriate things, as we brought her home in January. But the rest I figured at least I have clothes, I won't need to worry about sudden growth spurts. And I stopped worrying too much about the seasons, I just layer her up but she has all types of outfits now. And I'm glad I bought so much, she's 11 months old and in 18 month clothes. Image
Neonbatsintrees
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Neonbatsintrees »

sasicil76 wrote:

i completely agree. character outfits make me sick, when i look at jessfam's girl clothing hall its sooo cute! white and grey, elephants adorable patterns. with kyra its cheap cheap and cheap. The white and blue dress was the only thing i found was cute. idk about anyone else but burlington is a place near my town where all of the lower class families shop. these baby clothes really speak from that.
It was totally tacky. All of it was totally random.

Also, man, education is important. She can't spell (on Twitter), and uses wrong words. These two sound so uneducated.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Ardnaid wrote:
kkkk wrote:Kyra seemed really confused in her haul... and all over the place with sizes. Like no newborn stuff at all? No 0-3 month? I'm being nitpicky I know... just stood out to me. Like when I was pregnant with my first son I didn't go out and buy random 6 month clothes or random 9 month outfits. I bought some newborn and some 0-3 based on the weather... then we sort of shopped as we went I suppose. Struck me as really disorganized. As is their entire life though..

I kind of thought the same. I've thought about doing hauls when I do big shopping trips, and I'd areange by size and style, so it's not so over the place. But she is always so disorganized. And everything is "cute." she needs a thesaurus. And that thumbnail looked really... Bland. She looked completely out of it.

Also, when I was pregnant, I did get a lot of random sizes, like I had up to 2&3t. But I was mostly shopping at thrift stores and sales where stuff was 70% or more off, lol. The new stuff I bought was newborn and seasonally appropriate things, as we brought her home in January. But the rest I figured at least I have clothes, I won't need to worry about sudden growth spurts. And I stopped worrying too much about the seasons, I just layer her up but she has all types of outfits now. And I'm glad I bought so much, she's 11 months old and in 18 month clothes. Image
Haha we just bought as we went, not including the larger sized gifts we received. Love baby clothes!

It's seriously too bad she doesn't film updates on her pregnancy. Instead she'd rather do random poorly done hauls... so strange. So when she looks back on her pregnancy she'll just see the random clothes she bought not any actual documentation :(. I'm a week behind her and would love pregnancy updates! It's not like she doesn't have time to do it so I don't quite get it. She claims she's not passionate about it and it's just her complaining.

And not only does she not seem sure at what gestational week Levi was born at, but she doesn't even know how much he weighed it seems. I know how much he weighed and I'm not his mom. She said he was down to 5 lbs 2 oz, which after birth it's likely he did lose some weight, but she just seems to not remember a thing! Odd considering she has so much footage to look back on. And Kyra, Levi was small because he was 4-5 weeks early. Had he been full term he probably wouldn't have been "small." So it's not so accurate to say "you've had small babies" when you've only had one baby and that baby was pre term. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this baby was small because she's super tiny this pregnancy. I always forget she's pregnant because she's so little.

Sorry for the unorganized rant...

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Neonbatsintrees wrote:
sasicil76 wrote:

i completely agree. character outfits make me sick, when i look at jessfam's girl clothing hall its sooo cute! white and grey, elephants adorable patterns. with kyra its cheap cheap and cheap. The white and blue dress was the only thing i found was cute. idk about anyone else but burlington is a place near my town where all of the lower class families shop. these baby clothes really speak from that.
It was totally tacky. All of it was totally random.

Also, man, education is important. She can't spell (on Twitter), and uses wrong words. These two sound so uneducated.
LITERALLY HOW?! LOL. they're kids. kids love to dress weird and like their idols/fave superheros/disney princesses. Why not let them be kids?! sure, dont let them wear it to fancy things and dress them nicely when they go out and stuff but around the house? i dont see why that is "tacky" or a problem lol. All kids do it
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Haha she has small babies yeah my first was smaller but then I had my moose he is still a big boy, I hope her girl goes full term and is a lil chunky butt! Haha

amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

Yeah that baby girl haul was very odd to me, and I love baby girl hauls ! She's having a BABY. When I first got pregnant with my daughter I knew she would be born in May so I shopped according to the weather. I got some newborn sizes, 0-3 months, and 6 MO the biggest!! .. I don't understand why she got all of these huge clothes that she isn't going to need right when the baby is born. Babies onesies are essential !! She should of got a ton of those in some newborn sizes and some in 0-3 MO. . That blue dress was very cute, I liked the pack of onesies she got .. but that's pretty much it . I think it's very weird that Kyra doesn't document this pregnancy .. doesn't she wanna look back on her pregnancy updates & her baby bumps ? She just doesn't care . In the daily vlogs they never talk about mini bug or ever show excitement about her arrival which is very very strange. They 10000000% NEED to get Levi on a schedule !!! When that baby gets here they are screwed . If they are behind on vlogs now just wait until mini bug is here .. Oscar really pisses me off he's annoying as fuck and I have NO IDEA how Kyra puts up with his shit. I would be telling him off and putting him in his place . I honestly think he has an ADDICTION To the vlogs. Think about it, he looses sleep over them, he's obsessed with filming them and getting the right footage, and he even goes as far as letting Kyra and Levi suffer it's crazy to me and blows my mind .

JKYOUTUBEGG
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JKYOUTUBEGG »

alexandramarie wrote:KYRA JUST TWEETED BUGGY TOOK HIS FIRST STEP. hopefully he didn't just stand and fall.

Sorry to bring up the first word scenario again... but I was just thinking to myself, wouldn't she have tweeted he said his first word? But then again, I never used to check her twitter before... so I was unsure if she tweeted milestones. But the fact she tweeted his first step, I find it weird she didn't tweet his first word.

Return to “OKBaby”