2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

msgmiscc
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by msgmiscc »

Did she already give Benny away? He's not to be seen anywhere, but you always see the cats
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote: People like her (all the buying and preparing) are the ones who set themselves up to fail when it comes to breastfeeding. The whole fucking point is that it is natural. You need your baby and your breast. When you try to add all these things and schedules in you confuse and frustrate yourself. If you want to bring a nursing cover or nursing pillow to th hospital obviously that is one thing but you need to start off with both mommy and baby getting used to it then if you NEED nipple cream or to pump add it in after. Im not saying this to be like "supermom!" but I breastfeed my first for 18 months and second for 26 months and never pumped. ever. Not saying that is the best way because obviously if you return to work or need to be away from baby... all I am saying is that for 26 months with my daughter I managed to breastfed without a video full of equipment and "things".
Ugh I agree. She looks like a doofus wasting money on stuff she probably won't even need. A large milk supply isn't a good thing. If she starts pumping and using supplements right away, she'll probably end up an oversupply which can lead to a fussy gassy baby, blocked ducts, infection etc. Its not recommended to pump in the first month or two because of that. It's important to let your supply regulate on its own. i swear she's such a dummy and I hope other moms don't copy her.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Right? I feel like young moms to be might watch that video and think HOLY FUCK! and not breastfeed.... and again, she seems to be setting herself up for failure. Why does she need a portable pump?? Why does a stay at home mom need to be worried about that before the baby is even here? as well why is she already worried about supplements?
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

What does she plan on doing with the milk when she pumps while out of the house? She can't exactly leave it in the diaper bag for several hours. I guess she forgot to research that part.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

MommaOfThree wrote:What does she plan on doing with the milk when she pumps while out of the house? She can't exactly leave it in the diaper bag for several hours. I guess she forgot to research that part.
She's gonna post a tweet saying that she completely forgot to mention the ice packs she's gonna carry around
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I pumped with my kids and carried around the little cooler everywhere. Didn't leave the house without it & it wasn't too bad once you get in the habit of it.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:I pumped with my kids and carried around the little cooler everywhere. Didn't leave the house without it & it wasn't too bad once you get in the habit of it.
shes way way way too lazy for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Amelia322 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:I pumped with my kids and carried around the little cooler everywhere. Didn't leave the house without it & it wasn't too bad once you get in the habit of it.
shes way way way too lazy for that lol

Haha it actually wasn't too bad only because I have a giant diaper bag and the cooler fit in it pretty easily. But for some reason she got a tiny ass diaper bag so it probably wouldn't work for her haha. And I can't imagine her leaving the house much anyways once she has two kids :O
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:Right? I feel like young moms to be might watch that video and think HOLY FUCK! and not breastfeed.... and again, she seems to be setting herself up for failure. Why does she need a portable pump?? Why does a stay at home mom need to be worried about that before the baby is even here? as well why is she already worried about supplements?
I think she does it to seem all prepared and like she knows what she's doing...but like many things she does like that it just ends up making her look ill-informed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

I'm so glad a bunch of people called her out in the comments. They told her things like she won't need all that stuff, she shouldn't use supplements unless she needs them, and that she should get educated on breastfeeding before throwing an organizer together. Thank God! I bet she felt like she was such an expert with her stupid organizer.
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

i dont get why she thinks she needs an entire spinning rack for breast feeding "supplies". all she needs is her baby and her boobs. it sounds like most of her "supplies" was in preparation for pumping, not breast feeding. and how much milk does she think shes going to be producing every day? it sounds like shes expecting to be pouring out gallons a day. someone said it before, people like her are the ones who set themselves up for failure. she sounds like shes expecting it to be a breeze and like her baby will automatically latch and that she'll produce enough milk. she doesn't sound like she's prepared herself for the possibility of it not being that easy.
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

and how she said she has two bottles because "once my milk comes in, i'm sure i'll be pumping more than 2 ounces at a time"
idk just her whole video rubbed me the wrong way. she made it sound like she's such an expert and like she knows it will all go perfectly. she's gonna end up really disappointed very quickly. she did the exact same thing when she was TTC, just jumped right in making videos and giving "advise" (as she always spells it). like vanessa chill. all of theses things you decide your an "expert" on are very simple and natural and you sound very ignorant over complicating them.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

^^

And remember, this is coming from the woman who stopped breastfeeding Lily because she "likes her personal space" (or something like that)
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

OhHiImSam wrote:^^

And remember, this is coming from the woman who stopped breastfeeding Lily because she "likes her personal space" (or something like that)
No way, that's so awful. Makes me dislike her even more after watching that video.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

^^ Really???? JFC. As if she said that...
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

It was extremely ignorant of her if she said that. BF would have had long term benefits for Lily.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

I'm 98 percent sure I heard it here because V brought it up in a video from before I started watching her.

If I dreamed it and am just creating a rumor, I apologize but I'm pretty damn sure it's been mentioned here in the past.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

It's been mentioned here in the past. I can't remember if she even tried to BF at all. But I do remember her stating that she needed her own personal space and that was her reasoning.

mocalyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mocalyn »

Just want to thank so many of you for the practical breastfeeding advice!
I'm due in January and all I bought was a nursing pillow!
Some of these breastfeeding videos and baby haul videos in general make me feel so underprepared.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:It's been mentioned here in the past. I can't remember if she even tried to BF at all. But I do remember her stating that she needed her own personal space and that was her reasoning.

That's pathetic. Breastfeeding is out because she needs her personal space? What, having a baby inside her wasn't invading her space? David was sure as hell not invading her space when he knocked her up.

Return to “2011teenagemom”