Daily Typhoid Lannings (Part 76)

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily Typhoid Lannings (Part 76)

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why even go out of your little bubble if you arent willing to experience anything new? Like food.. I bet all they will eat is american fast food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I don't think it would ever occur to me to bring my own muffins and oatmeal to London.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

Playsinrain wrote:
underdog93 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote: Also to use as many oh-so-authentic British terms as possible, like "loo," "cheerio," "bloody," "oh my gosh you guys they call chips 'crisps' and French fries 'chips,' that's sooooooo crazy," "spot of tea," and many more that we have to look forward to!
It has already started

Another "Things that didn't happen for $200" First off he's sitting with Mimi so we know he didnt say shit to you Bryan and second, there is no way in hell Ollie called it the Loo... fuck off Bryan
LOOden
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

ferriswheel wrote:I don't think it would ever occur to me to bring my own muffins and oatmeal to London.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
The first time I traveled Europe was with some kids from high school and one kid did bring graham crackers and other snacks because he was a picky eater. He still tried the food but he had an emergency ration for the *cough*German*cough* he didn't like.

They did come in handy in Switzerland when we introduced our German tour guide and the wait staff of our inn to smores.

But the lumps are going to London... They have KFC over there...
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

yoyo16 wrote:
twomommies wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:The older Johnson girl has school though, are they going to pull her out for 10 (ish) days to follow Missy and Bryan around London and hold their shopping bags and kids? I know i have said in the past that i have pulled my kids from school for trips, but i was talking like one day, TOPS two. Never a week or more, i wouldnt even think about doing that. Someone has to stay back and "housesit"....
If they do, I hope the school goes after them for unexcused absences because most schools in the US will still be open until the 19-21. I do know someone who did that for Disney though...then complained about her kid being behind in class Image

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
That's like blaming the school for taking a vacation. Image

Yeah she basically did, still does. Ignorance is bliss

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

Part of travelling to another country is to see a new culture and try new foods. While British cuisine may not be the best, bringing American food is dumb AF since they have a bunch of fast foods there including in Paris (Chipotle, Five Guys, KFC, Domino's, Starbucks...). You can bet your ass Bryan will run to the first American thing he sees and cry about how he already misses American food. The one thing we don't have here is clothes that would fit him.

To the person who said they should have visited more cities/countries, Bryan doesn't even know Rome is in Italy and couldn't spot Germany on a map to save his life. I seriously can't picture him travelling all around Europe like an educated person would. "you guys!!! we are in Brussels! Fun fact, it is not just the vegetable Missy hates but a legit city! #YoureWelcomeInternet"
They chose London and Paris because those are the two cliché places to visit and they're in every chick-flick movie he watches. Way to be original.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

My whole family is from England. I am first born in America. When l went for 12 days l ate eggs and bacon for breakfast, cereal, oatmeal. Lunch we had pizza, hamburgers in pubs, sandwiches. Dinner even had spaghetti and few other dishes typically consumed in the States. Sure we opted to eat some "British" foods like fish and chips, bangers and mash etc. Supirisingly NO MARTIAN FOOD! LOL. The only thing l wish l had packed and brought with me was ICE. You can typically get it in your drinks in restaurants but you have to request it every time. I did go to one place that did not have any. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Okay, I know this is kind of off-topic and a personal story, but I first traveled to Europe in 2004 and I've been back like seven times since then to various countries and it gets more "Americanized" each time I go. When I was studying abroad in 2005-2006, I didn't even have a cell phone and I actually had to use (online) maps and face-to-face human communication to figure out where to go! Gasp!

I hope the Hollister-Lannings at least get something out of their trip and see the "real" London rather than just their sterile, Americanized version of it, and can have conversations with British people that are meaningful rather than just treating them like pets and using them as props for vlog footage.
raynezrh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by raynezrh »

Can't wait to hear all about how exhausted they are from their LONG, once in a lifetime for most people, trip and how ungrateful they sound for having the means to go on said trip. Must be nice to be tired from a trip and not from working a full time job and not have to worry about how your gunna feed yourselves and pay your bills on time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

fossilfinger wrote:
I hope the Hollister-Lannings at least get something out of their trip and see the "real" London rather than just their sterile, Americanized version of it, and can have conversations with British people that are meaningful rather than just treating them like pets and using them as props for vlog footage.
Doubtful. They haven't even picked up anything new from going to Hawaii 3 times. Anyone that's been to Hawaii should be able to properly pronounce "Moana."

Plus I doubt B&M are capable of any kind of meaningful conversation. Their heads are to far up their own asses, and they only speak to their entourage.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

fossilfinger wrote:Okay, I know this is kind of off-topic and a personal story, but I first traveled to Europe in 2004 and I've been back like seven times since then to various countries and it gets more "Americanized" each time I go. When I was studying abroad in 2005-2006, I didn't even have a cell phone and I actually had to use (online) maps and face-to-face human communication to figure out where to go! Gasp!

Very optimistic of you but this is the Lannings were talking about. I think the fact that their already acting like they're going to Mars and using the "London Bridges" song in their vlogue is not a very promising sign. It just shows their lack of intelligence and culture. They are an exact representation of why so much of the world dislikes us so much.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

"Hey Ollie were going to London what are you most excited about?" "GETTING TOYS" Not saying at 3 years old he should have much of a grasp of what he's about to go see, but that's a sad response even from a 3 year old.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

L
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

jaynshann wrote:"Hey Ollie were going to London what are you most excited about?" "GETTING TOYS" Not saying at 3 years old he should have much of a grasp of what he's about to go see, but that's a sad response even from a 3 year old.

Can't blame him, he probably thinks London is a mall. Did they even take the time to sit him down and explain to him where they are going? I know he's too young to know exactly where he is going, but just tell him they are going to take the plane and show him a few pictures of what they'll be visiting so he can get excited about it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

OMG you guys. I just had a revelation. They aren't going to Paris to see the sights or shop. 100% they are going to Disneyland Paris. If that's not the plan I'll give that days vlog a like!
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:OMG you guys. I just had a revelation. They aren't going to Paris to see the sights or shop. 100% they are going to Disneyland Paris. If that's not the plan I'll give that days vlog a like!
Ohhhhh l bet you're right. What a waste if so. I mean if your in Paris for 24hrs and you have been to Disneyland (l think they went to Disneyworld too no?) that seems like a waste of an opportunity. The more this trip is talked about the more l am unsure l can watch them do this trip. Brace yourself it is going to be painful.

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

HelloSweetie wrote:OMG you guys. I just had a revelation. They aren't going to Paris to see the sights or shop. 100% they are going to Disneyland Paris. If that's not the plan I'll give that days vlog a like!
That was my automatic assumption. They would be going for Disneyland Paris, just to say they've been there... and to buy TONS of Disneyland Paris merchandise.

twinklepink88
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinklepink88 »

oh boy, this trip is going to be PAINFUL, but it is definitely keeping my hate-watching interest piqued, I must say! That is CRAZY that they are only going for 10 days.... NONE of them have jobs, most people who take an international vacation like that only stay 2 weeks because they hit the limit on their vacation time for work! And how awesome would it be for them to celebrate Christmas as a family in London.. although they probably aren't able to cause there's no way all the crap they just need to give Ollie would fit in their luggage.

I have no issue with picky eaters packing emergency food for themselves on a trip... *IF* they are packing it so as to not inconvenience the group they are with by wasting time being a picky brat. But this doesn't seem like the case with them, they acted like they were packing food because they won't be able to find "normal" food in Europe at all. Ugh. Just painful. Don't worry, Missy, they will have your disgusting white bread in England, too.

Can't believe they bought at least FIVE first class tickets for a 10 day trip, but then used the fact that a venue cost $4k as an excuse not to have a meetup with the people who frickin' enable them to pay for their comfortable flights. You'd think they can't possibly get more ungrateful, but they just keep proving us wrong!!

And sorry, but I have to comment on all the people saying that The Cursed Child is terrible and anyone with a brain cannot possibly like it. I am not talking about Bryan here, just about myself, but If you want other people to have their own brains, you have to acknowledge that they might come to a different conclusion than yourself, please. I was a huuuuge Harry Potter fan in my day also, grew up with it, knew all the trivia, had one of those old school "expage" Harry Potter fan sites with an online Hogwarts, giant nerd, etc, and I didn't mind, *gasp*, actually liked, reading The Cursed Child. Maybe I had really low expectations because I heard everyone dissing it hardcore before I started reading, but it kept my interest. Yes, it did read more like fanfiction, but I thought it was a cute story, and that it would make a play I'd be interested in seeing. So anyway, I don't think it necessarily undermines a person's childhood love of HP by being able to appreciate a new story endorsed by JK Rowling, even if it's not as perfect.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Where do they think they are going that they have to pack emergency food? I've only been to the U.K. once, but they have plenty of greasy, fried foods for the Lannings.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

pic.png
Is their play room ever clean?? Like the kids can fall and hurt themselves in there! Missy was claiming she was getting the house in "order"...yeah I'd start with this room...or atleast tell the Maid who does everything and she takes credit for it!! I can guarantee she has never cleaned a toilet in her life!!

Why are they doing stupid things like putting Ollie in the suitcase and zipping him up and giving them the passports to play with? They are kids...they don't know any better...what if they get a hold of the passports later and they are destroyed....or what if Ollie locks himself in the suitcase?? They never think about anything!

Missy acts like she does so much and things are so stressful all the time....she was sitting in front of the tv for the half the vlog today! Get your story straight :?

Return to “Daily Bumps”