2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by smom12 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:It's been mentioned here in the past. I can't remember if she even tried to BF at all. But I do remember her stating that she needed her own personal space and that was her reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pathetic. Breastfeeding is out because she needs her personal space? What, having a baby inside her wasn't invading her space? David was sure as hell not invading her space when he knocked her up.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I really don't think it's fair to judge her for not breastfeeding, even if it was because she didn't want the constant attachment.

I breastfed but I can understand how it can be a trigger for some people, especially as vanessa was dealing with a baby with health problems. She was also young & I think I've heard that younger mothers are less likely to nurse (again I did it at 18 so not making excuses, just sayin).

Now she knows better so there's nothing she can do now but try and nurse her next baby.
urusha90
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by urusha90 »

There are many reasons one doesn't BF and I agree we shouldn't judge when we don't know the reasoning.

For example, my first I breastfed maybe a month, I was 17 and uneducated about the benefits, with all the hustle of school and work I bottle fed most of the time without realizing one day she wouldn't wanna take the boob anymore. 2 years ago with my second I really wanted to BF but my milk supply was horrible, I tried everything but just couldn't make enough for my big eater, half boob half formula for 3 months then just formula, it was so disappointing. This time around with my third, it has been so much easier with my girl, definitely BF on demand practically glued to her the first month but so worth it, going on 5 months and have only given her a bottle when I need help during her growth spurts.

Breastfeeding IS HARD, especially the first weeks, I can understand BUT when ur excuse is that you want your personal space from YOUR BABY, YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS PREMIE BABY is so horrible to me. "Madre desnaturalizada" how they say here.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

OhHiImSam wrote:I'm 98 percent sure I heard it here because V brought it up in a video from before I started watching her.

If I dreamed it and am just creating a rumor, I apologize but I'm pretty damn sure it's been mentioned here in the past.
I could have sworn she said that, I need to find the video but I am 99% sure I remember her saying it in a video.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

veronicanumi wrote:There are many reasons one doesn't BF and I agree we shouldn't judge when we don't know the reasoning.

For example, my first I breastfed maybe a month, I was 17 and uneducated about the benefits, with all the hustle of school and work I bottle fed most of the time without realizing one day she wouldn't wanna take the boob anymore. 2 years ago with my second I really wanted to BF but my milk supply was horrible, I tried everything but just couldn't make enough for my big eater, half boob half formula for 3 months then just formula, it was so disappointing. This time around with my third, it has been so much easier with my girl, definitely BF on demand practically glued to her the first month but so worth it, going on 5 months and have only given her a bottle when I need help during her growth spurts.

Breastfeeding IS HARD, especially the first weeks, I can understand BUT when ur excuse is that you want your personal space from YOUR BABY, YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS PREMIE BABY is so horrible to me. "Madre desnaturalizada" how they say here.

I agree with you, there's a million reasons women don't breastfeed. Some don't even want to, that's fine. Both of my kids were premature, with my first I tried to express (it took him 2 days to get the hang of sucking) and I had nothing, it was like trying to find water in the Sahara desert. Not a drop. With my second my milk didn't come in at all for 10 days and then it was like 1 drop of colostrum and then just sore boobs. By this point she obviously was on formula or she would of starved to death. This is why I haaaate it when women shame other women for not breastfeeding. Sometimes you just cannot. Sometimes you don't want to. It doesn't matter, we all know breast is best but you also need to do what's right for you and your family. Happy mum means happy baby.
But saying you don't want to feed because you need space from your infant is pathetic.

talkingtrash
Talker
Talker

Unread post by talkingtrash »

thenightowl wrote:
OhHiImSam wrote:I'm 98 percent sure I heard it here because V brought it up in a video from before I started watching her.

If I dreamed it and am just creating a rumor, I apologize but I'm pretty damn sure it's been mentioned here in the past.
I could have sworn she said that, I need to find the video but I am 99% sure I remember her saying it in a video.

She did say it. I clearly remember. I think it was in a sit down video with David.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

I thought Lily needed a feeding tube when she was an infant.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

The only reason I brought it up again was because Vanessa's coming out of the woodwork pretending she's some BFing expert when she had such a shitty, immature reason for not continuing with Lily.

I understand sometimes it just doesn't work out, like Britney didn't BF Aria because she was given incorrect (?) information about her nipple being inverted and Aria wouldn't latch to the nipple shield. And a podcaster I listen to couldn't continue because her baby is lactose intolerant and it would make her sick.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Lily did have a feeding tube. Vanessa did pump as long as she could but her supply shut down AND yes, she did say she had some sort of personal boundary issue at first. She was very young and immature. At least she's trying to do things better this time. However, being able to, or choosing to BF does not make one woman any better than any other woman who is unable to, or voluntarily chooses not to BF.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

I made the mistake of going through her old videos to look for it, and omg she was 10x more annoying back then. It was like she was so proud of being a teen mom. Wasn't she almost 20? Also she talked so condescendingly about teens who wanted to get pregnant. Such a hypocrite because she was obviously one of them considering she started making videos when she was 4 weeks pregnant.
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

gypsophila wrote:Lily did have a feeding tube. Vanessa did pump as long as she could but her supply shut down AND yes, she did say she had some sort of personal boundary issue at first. She was very young and immature. At least she's trying to do things better this time. However, being able to, or choosing to BF does not make one woman any better than any other woman who is unable to, or voluntarily chooses not to BF.
I was the same age as Vanessa when I had my son. I breastfed him, I loved the bond and closeness it brought. If you have "personal boundary issues" towards your own baby, that's pretty damn sad and selfish. Being young has nothing to do with it.
urusha90
Informer
Informer

Unread post by urusha90 »

Ya i sometimes get bored too and try watching her old videos, I cannot. She was much more annoying and immature, she still has a lot of the same awkwardness but back then was intense.

Just watched her update, Hi Vanessa!!!

perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

OhHiImSam wrote:The only reason I brought it up again was because Vanessa's coming out of the woodwork pretending she's some BFing expert when she had such a shitty, immature reason for not continuing with Lily.

I understand sometimes it just doesn't work out, like Britney didn't BF Aria because she was given incorrect (?) information about her nipple being inverted and Aria wouldn't latch to the nipple shield. And a podcaster I listen to couldn't continue because her baby is lactose intolerant and it would make her sick.
Couldn't the woman just stop eating dairy?? I don't think that's an actual reason to not breastfeed.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

perctpiper wrote:
OhHiImSam wrote:The only reason I brought it up again was because Vanessa's coming out of the woodwork pretending she's some BFing expert when she had such a shitty, immature reason for not continuing with Lily.

It's been a while since i listened to the episode but the lactose intolerant part was the first problem in a series that eventually led to her supply running dry/low.
Couldn't the woman just stop eating dairy?? I don't think that's an actual reason to not breastfeed.
atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

I think what most of us are saying is she's not going to handle it well. Breastfeeding is hard nobody said it wasn't, but it's so worth it. She doesn't need all that stuff by her bed, she won't use any of it but the breast pads and maybe the cream. I personally don't think she will last because of how hard it is. Plus, she wants an over supply from the start. She obviously hasn't done much research because of she did she would know her supply will regulate to meet baby's needs unless she plans to pump after every feeding to empty her breasts more often. More emptying means more filling.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

perctpiper wrote:

Mama to a lactose intolerant kid/former baby here Image Lactose is the sugar in milk (cow and human alike) and breastmilk contains lactose no matter what the mother eats. http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthT ... 02&id=1787

An allergy to the milk protein in cow's milk could be solved by the mother eating less dairy, but that takes weeks if not months to pass out of the mother's system. When your kid is screaming all day and night, having bloody diarrhea and losing weight, it's not easy to wait months for it to get better, especially when it's hard to know for sure whether cutting out dairy will help (it didn't, in our case, see above re: lactose). I would have loved to continue to breastfeed, especially considering the special formula my daughter had to go on was $700/month.

Tl;dr--a lactose intolerant baby is a very legitimate reason to stop breastfeeding

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by kittypurry »

Dp
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

staceybrax wrote:
veronicanumi wrote:There are many reasons one doesn't BF and I agree we shouldn't judge when we don't know the reasoning.

I agree with you, there's a million reasons women don't breastfeed. Some don't even want to, that's fine. Both of my kids were premature, with my first I tried to express (it took him 2 days to get the hang of sucking) and I had nothing, it was like trying to find water in the Sahara desert. Not a drop. With my second my milk didn't come in at all for 10 days and then it was like 1 drop of colostrum and then just sore boobs. By this point she obviously was on formula or she would of starved to death. This is why I haaaate it when women shame other women for not breastfeeding. Sometimes you just cannot. Sometimes you don't want to. It doesn't matter, we all know breast is best but you also need to do what's right for you and your family. Happy mum means happy baby.
But saying you don't want to feed because you need space from your infant is pathetic.

But you said "Some don't even want to, and thats fine" and ended with a stab at V for not wanting to. So is it fine if anyone besides V doesn't feel comfortable with BFing at that point in their life?
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Some don't want to for many reasons and they don't do it, V was being an asshole because she wanted her personal space, she started and then stopped. If women want their own personal space they won't just start breastfeeding and stop. They probably made a decision beforehand. she literally started, didn't like that she didn't have "personal space" and stopped for her own need not Lily's
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

blackroses wrote:Some don't want to for many reasons and they don't do it, V was being an asshole because she wanted her personal space, she started and then stopped. If women want their own personal space they won't just start breastfeeding and stop. They probably made a decision beforehand. she literally started, didn't like that she didn't have "personal space" and stopped for her own need not Lily's
Then theres a chance I will be an asshole parent in your eyes. I don't like the idea of BFing. For some reason it weirds me out. So when I have kids I will try it out. If it becomes too stressful/repulses me then I will stop.

I really think you shouldn't be making any of these generalizations that any person who chooses not to BF had ulterior motives to quit. Choosing not the BF is a very personal decision and doesn't automatically equate to bad parenting OR complete selfishness.

Return to “2011teenagemom”