staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by staceymj »

SaltandBurn wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
veronicanumi wrote:There are many reasons one doesn't BF and I agree we shouldn't judge when we don't know the reasoning.

For example, my first I breastfed maybe a month, I was 17 and uneducated about the benefits, with all the hustle of school and work I bottle fed most of the time without realizing one day she wouldn't wanna take the boob anymore. 2 years ago with my second I really wanted to BF but my milk supply was horrible, I tried everything but just couldn't make enough for my big eater, half boob half formula for 3 months then just formula, it was so disappointing. This time around with my third, it has been so much easier with my girl, definitely BF on demand practically glued to her the first month but so worth it, going on 5 months and have only given her a bottle when I need help during her growth spurts.

Breastfeeding IS HARD, especially the first weeks, I can understand BUT when ur excuse is that you want your personal space from YOUR BABY, YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS PREMIE BABY is so horrible to me. "Madre desnaturalizada" how they say here.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
I agree with you, there's a million reasons women don't breastfeed. Some don't even want to, that's fine. Both of my kids were premature, with my first I tried to express (it took him 2 days to get the hang of sucking) and I had nothing, it was like trying to find water in the Sahara desert. Not a drop. With my second my milk didn't come in at all for 10 days and then it was like 1 drop of colostrum and then just sore boobs. By this point she obviously was on formula or she would of starved to death. This is why I haaaate it when women shame other women for not breastfeeding. Sometimes you just cannot. Sometimes you don't want to. It doesn't matter, we all know breast is best but you also need to do what's right for you and your family. Happy mum means happy baby.
But saying you don't want to feed because you need space from your infant is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you said "Some don't even want to, and thats fine" and ended with a stab at V for not wanting to. So is it fine if anyone besides V doesn't feel comfortable with BFing at that point in their life?
No that's not what I said at all. I said saying you don't want to breastfeed because you want space from your infant is pathetic. If she said I don't want to breastfeed because I hate it, fine. But she said she wants space from her infant. That's the worst excuse for anything I've ever heard, you still need to hold your baby to bottle feed them. Does that mean she didn't want to cuddle lily?

DreamLead
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by DreamLead »

At the end of the day, breast is best. If you're unable to breastfeed for whatever legit reason, you're not a shitty mom, your baby will be just fine on formula just like the millions of other babies that solely drink formula. But if you solely chose not to breastfeed because you "need personal space" then yeah, you are pretty shitty.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

The personal space thing can actually be a form of anxiety that comes with PPD. I didn't follow her back then so I don't know if she had PPD. But a friend of mine did, and she had to quit nursing for her own sanity. Is it selfish? Absolutely. But sometimes being selfish is what makes someone a good mom.

I'd rather someone selfishly formula feed and be in a better state of mind, than hate every second their child is nursing and be miserable.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

ladymama wrote:The personal space thing can actually be a form of anxiety that comes with PPD. I didn't follow her back then so I don't know if she had PPD. But a friend of mine did, and she had to quit nursing for her own sanity. Is it selfish? Absolutely. But sometimes being selfish is what makes someone a good mom.

I'd rather someone selfishly formula feed and be in a better state of mind, than hate every second their child is nursing and be miserable.

We've covered this but if someone needs to formula feed for their own sanity and maybe even the safety of their children then by alllllllll fucking means please. But Vanessa just didn't want to, for no real reason other than selfishness. Yes she was young and has obviously matured since then but still it's really shitty

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
ladymama wrote:The personal space thing can actually be a form of anxiety that comes with PPD. I didn't follow her back then so I don't know if she had PPD. But a friend of mine did, and she had to quit nursing for her own sanity. Is it selfish? Absolutely. But sometimes being selfish is what makes someone a good mom.

We've covered this but if someone needs to formula feed for their own sanity and maybe even the safety of their children then by alllllllll fucking means please. But Vanessa just didn't want to, for no real reason other than selfishness. Yes she was young and has obviously matured since then but still it's really shitty

As far as we are aware. Many cases of PPD go undiagnosed. I'm happy she recognized that nursing wasn't for her at that time, and decided to stop. Continuing when she hated it wouldn't have been good for her mental health- even if she didn't have PPD.

EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

End this conversation and get back on topic, please.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

EleanorRigby wrote:End this conversation and get back on topic, please.
Thus can go on forever. On the Cullen and Katie thread there was at least two different topics that went on forever with everyone getting pissed off at one another.

The baby will be fed either way. Let's just applaud Vanessa for at least not letting her child strave and move on.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
EleanorRigby wrote:End this conversation and get back on topic, please.
Thus can go on forever. On the Cullen and Katie thread there was at least two different topics that went on forever with everyone getting pissed off at one another.

The baby will be fed either way. Let's just applaud Vanessa for at least not letting her child strave and move on.
It would definitely go on forever if I allowed it but it's not going to lol! I don't wanna hear another word about it. You guys can find something else to talk about.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Soooooo Vanessa got a new mattress for free.
I'm seriously considering becoming a youtuber

lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Good lord. Who else is jumping on this freaking Lull?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

To change topics. Anyone see the new video? They got a new lull king mattress. It creeped me out. They just kept saying how they were going to lull the bed and be lulled. The way they said it you know they are going to christen that shit tonight.

Barf.

kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

smom12 wrote:To change topics. Anyone see the new video? They got a new lull king mattress. It creeped me out. They just kept saying how they were going to lull the bed and be lulled. The way they said it you know they are going to christen that shit tonight.

Barf.

Seriously!! In a way, it reminded me of the video she made for Lily's birthday where she put in a clip of she and David humping each other on the floor. Double barf.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

kalipali wrote:
smom12 wrote:To change topics. Anyone see the new video? They got a new lull king mattress. It creeped me out. They just kept saying how they were going to lull the bed and be lulled. The way they said it you know they are going to christen that shit tonight.

Barf.

Seriously!! In a way, it reminded me of the video she made for Lily's birthday where she put in a clip of she and David humping each other on the floor. Double barf.
Wait what
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

Let me start by saying that I couldn't make it through the entire video.

I think she Is the first youtuber that I have seen ask for a king mattress when she had a queen bed...I guess I'd decide to upgrade to a bigger bed too if a company sent me a free mattress.
AND
I hope she has a mattress cover bc It's going to be a bummer if her water breaks on that bed.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

Whaaaaa link pls.
ytmdlover27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ytmdlover27 »

blackroses wrote:
kalipali wrote:

Barf.

Wait what
Wait, could you share that video, please. I need to see the "naked" pregnancy photos of Lily, please.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
mara7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mara7 »

Oh. My. God. I'm so disgusted with what the floor looked like under her bed. Wtf goes on under there!? And she claims to be such a "clean freak." BARF BARF BARF
kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

kalipali wrote:

Barf.

Okay everyone!! Took a little bit of searching but finally got it. It's in this video around the 2:42 mark.
amykay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amykay »

Barfffff. Fast forward to 2:43. Sorry in advance Image
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That's such a random thing to put in there. Wtf lol. I feel like there was more to that video haha

Return to “2011teenagemom”