Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part 80)

marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part

Unread post by marshmellow »

OMG that moby wrap. I was hyperventilating. Why show-off baby wearing when you don't know shit about it ? So much for being Ms.perfect mother.
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MyGuiltyPleasure »

I feel a little bit bad for her that the Dr threw it in her face about ending up in the hospital but she kind of deserved it. Ya a retained placenta can happen in hospital but at least they can act fast and have everything ready. Imagine if she couldn't get to the hospital in time or if there was bad weather. Not all births need to be in hospital but you should be nearby in case anything happens, like a birthing center is good but at home, I don't agree with. As for the paramedics, I'm sure she may be exaggerating a bit about their attitude but I get why they're acting like that, even when I heard the midwife say on the 911 call "home birth and postpartum hemorrhage" I was also thinking WTF are these people doing. So I'm sure if the paramedics showed up and saw the pool in the room and all that they must have also thought WTF are these people doing, looks like a bunch of crazy shit, that on top of her hemorrhaging. They prob thought the midwifes were doing some irresponsible things
Last edited by MyGuiltyPleasure on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also knowing the midwife is a bit of a quack, she may have said something quack like that came off stupid. Who knows, we weren't there but in my experience when you get that kind of treatment it's cause you're acting a little ridiculous. That's what I noticed as a RN, some patients think they're right or are being mistreated but really they're out of their mind, not always but most of the time. Or they were just unprofessional, Who knows.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

I saw this coming , I just knew something is going to knock her off the natural birth - high horse. Isn't this the same mid-wife as the previous time ?
MyGuiltyPleasure
Gossiper
Gossiper

marshmellow wrote:I saw this coming , I just knew something is going to knock her off the natural birth - high horse. Isn't this the same mid-wife as the previous time ?
Ya it was, I think the midwife is pretty dumb IMO. Just because of the "supplements " she makes her take. I don't know how they're allowed to give medication like pitocin without drs orders or medical directives, I guess the home birth/midwife regulations are different
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Well that was really boring. Also thanks Jess for saying bloody mucus like 10 times while I'm trying to have a midnight snack. Lol.

I do think that the EMTs and OB were out of line. I don't doubt that they laughed, or at least made comments. As an RN at a hospital I'll admit that people who avoid the hospital and seek natural treatments first are often looked down upon when they come to us in a worse condition - like, why didn't you come sooner, we could have avoided the emergency... but personally I'm not against home births in low-risk pregnancies, her L&D story all makes sense to me and I don't think anyone should have been judgemental about the transfer.

She didn't mention this, but I do hope that either that OB or her midwife told her how this complication would affect future pregnancies and that of she does get pregnant, she should probably not have another home birth. I'm afraid that since everything worked out fine, she'll just figure it will be fine again.

Can someone tell me why we think this midwife is a quack again? Seemed ok to me, but maybe there's backstory?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

After listening to that fairy tale at the end I had to laugh because she REALLY thinks her midwife is right still? Really? I also doubt a doctor said that, she's just using that and saying it wasn't surgery whatsoever so no one how sketchy her midwife is. I bet in a hospital it wouldn't have happened. She's insane.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

imapumkinseed wrote:Well that was really boring. Also thanks Jess for saying bloody mucus like 10 times while I'm trying to have a midnight snack. Lol.

I do think that the EMTs and OB were out of line. I don't doubt that they laughed, or at least made comments. As an RN at a hospital I'll admit that people who avoid the hospital and seek natural treatments first are often looked down upon when they come to us in a worse condition - like, why didn't you come sooner, we could have avoided the emergency... but personally I'm not against home births in low-risk pregnancies, her L&D story all makes sense to me and I don't think anyone should have been judgemental about the transfer.

She didn't mention this, but I do hope that either that OB or her midwife told her how this complication would affect future pregnancies and that of she does get pregnant, she should probably not have another home birth. I'm afraid that since everything worked out fine, she'll just figure it will be fine again.

Can someone tell me why we think this midwife is a quack again? Seemed ok to me, but maybe there's backstory?

A little bit of personal information, since I can't fault Jess for choosing to go with midwifes during labour and delivery (though I would still prefer a birthing center, though they don't really offer that here where I live).
I never had a baby in my life, but I still had to deal with a lot of doctors, because of chronic problems with the bladder and let me tell you, it was crazy. Two of them gave me medication that didn't help, it was just ruining my imunesystem and my liver and when I adressed that, the doctor simply said, "oh you're young, that's normal", like wtf????? Talk about scatchy midwifes, that guy was a licensed professional and, what I thought at the time, had no clue what he was doing. He gave me antibiotics every 3 months for two years, sent me over to a laboratory to make "detailed analysis" 20 times and when I was finally painfree and told him something finally worked, he convinced me there was still something wrong (according to my medical report) and I need to go to the hospital for a medical examination. I did as told, which set off the problems once more (tubes put into anything will irritate the hell out of you), only to be told by one of the doctors, that did the examination, that, as to the previous medical report I was completely healthy and I wouldn't have needed to do the examination in the first place (which a different doctor confirmed as well). I went back to "Mister Professional", told him I was in pain since the examination and he said "that dosen't have to be from the examination, I'll send you over to my wife (also a "licensed professional"), she'll make a detailed analysis of the medication prescribed to you in the last two years, though that's private and will cost 17€". That was the point where I left the office and never came back.

There are a bunch of doctors out there, that use the trust we put into their professional training to get you to do what they want, since people assume, "that's a doctor, he/she knows best" and also doctors often think of themselves as more intelligent than the patient, or any other medically trained person. That's why woman request midwifes at home, or at birthing centers, or at hospitals, since the black sheeps have tainted the opinion about doctors so bad, that people are sometimes more frightened of the overblown ego of a doctor than of possible consequences surrounding births. I can't really blame them, I would rather some doctors would take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and adjust their attitude towards the people they treat, maybe that will bring people back from the search for alternative medicine.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

All I could hear was "my uterus my placenta and at that point".Boring video as hell and don't get me started about her phobias for doctors and hospitals. How many bad experiences could she might have to the point that she does not trust any of them? Not even clinics or hospitals ? I know midwives might bond or communicate in a more personal level with the mother or whatever but prefer them over actual doctors? Even when something like that happened to her??NO never!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

vonniebeth wrote:
LilaLavender wrote:Jess' theme song of the month: "All I want for Christmas is Twoooooo (Daughters!)" ~ :P
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the young boys
I already have plenty

I won't even buy them good toys
The dollar store is okay
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With these boys on Christmas Day

I just want one of our own
More than just a baby new
Make my wish come true
Oh baby, all I want for Christmas is two
Twoooo daughters.

Ohh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
I just want a little baby
Dressed in pink and a bow

I won't make a list and send it
All I want is Addie Jade
I will even stay awake to
Make this baby girl made

'Cause I just want one here tonight
Latching on to my boob so right
What more can I do?
Oh baby, all I want for Christmas is two
Twooo daughters

(I am so sorry)
Hahaha I'm proud to have inspired this artwork :D.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

She has a phobia of doctors and hospitals but ends up needing emergency surgery.

And, sorry to tell you Jess, they weren't being rude. They were saving your LIFE. They don't have time for pleasantries and to be nice and comment on how amazing you are. They don't give a shit. There job is to get you to the hospital as soon as possible and save your life.

I haven't seen the video yet but she seems like such an ungrateful fucking bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

The crunchy pro-midwife anti-hospital attitude is the worst. Why not try insulting your doctors next time you're sick, or need treatment? Let's see how rude and unprofessional they are then.
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Captain Smooth wrote:There are a bunch of doctors out there, that use the trust we put into their professional training to get you to do what they want, since people assume, "that's a doctor, he/she knows best" and also doctors often think of themselves as more intelligent than the patient, or any other medically trained person. That's why woman request midwifes at home, or at birthing centers, or at hospitals, since the black sheeps have tainted the opinion about doctors so bad, that people are sometimes more frightened of the overblown ego of a doctor than of possible consequences surrounding births. I can't really blame them, I would rather some doctors would take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and adjust their attitude towards the people they treat, maybe that will bring people back from the search for alternative medicine.
I completely agree with you and I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Medical professionals are human, too, and some are shitty. I've encountered some dangerously huge egos in doctors who would never admit a mistake or double check themselves.

The good thing about professional midwives is that they're highly trained to know when to turn things over to an OB before the mom and baby are in danger, like Jess described. That's the difference, for me, between using a midwife vs trying to treat your tumor with a juice cleanse, like my patient did, or like that other YT mom who did her own prenatal care & unassisted birth. I can sympathize with a distrust of doctors or hospitals, but people should also check their own egos and realize that some situations call for medical training beyond their own knowledge.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

My doctor tried to treat my PTSD with natural supplements which does help calm me down I'll give her that but she knows I have really bad attention issues and is why I'm failing my most important class and instead of even giving me a test she flat out said she won't give me medication and that I need to take multi vitamins.... for attention issues....I've had my entire life
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

smom12 wrote:She has a phobia of doctors and hospitals but ends up needing emergency surgery.

And, sorry to tell you Jess, they weren't being rude. They were saving your LIFE. They don't have time for pleasantries and to be nice and comment on how amazing you are. They don't give a shit. There job is to get you to the hospital as soon as possible and save your life.

I haven't seen the video yet but she seems like such an ungrateful fucking bitch.

As someone who is involved in emergency procedures on a regular basis, I disagree. There is a way to be firm with a patient and save their life while being compassionate. No one is asking for ass kissing, but there is no excuse for laughing in front of a patient or being straight up rude. That's what the nurses' station is for... we leave the room and go laugh, bitch, crack jokes etc out of earshot. Sadly, sometimes we forget, I see it fairly often myself so I 100% believe Jess' story. Harsh tones of voice, eyerolls in front of patients... Just because we're saving their life doesn't excuse that. I've had colleagues fired for as much. The OB easily could have made her point to Jess (who didn't need surgery, btw, and was speaking with her after the placenta was already out) using different phrasing. YES, as medical professionals we're expected to think about our tone and phrasing with patients! Don't hold us to such a low standard. Jess' experience isn't uncommon, and it's not her fault, as crappy as she is.
mocalyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mocalyn »

I can't help but think jess is over reacting a bit here... I mean I know I've had the odd nurse or dr be a little rude, but it can't be as bad as she makes it out to be. . .

"everything that happened was a blur, I'm going to try to remember details for you.. I really don't know when they called 911, I don't know how much time had passed!" ... but she remembered every detail of the ambulance ride?!

I don't doubt she got a few eyerolls or comments made. But she's so in your face about everything, who knows what SHE said... did she tell the Dr "see I didn't need surgery, I could have stayed home and had my midwife do that!" ... it's jess who knows.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Ok, now that I have watched the video, a few things:
~Idon't agree with laughing in front of her; however they probably realized that the midwife was a quack. Doesn't excuse it though.
~She basically says because she had a home birth that was the reason why she didn't need surgery. I rolled my eyes so hard.
~Can she say any more times that her midwives were amazing and knowledgeable and smart?? Sounds like she is trying to convince herself.
~I don't agree with the WAY the doc said it, but she has a point. Every pregnancy carries a little bit more risk. This doc heard that she has had now 5 kids in 6 years and probably shook her head. I'm sure Jess had a high and mighty attitude and said some things too. There are always three sides to every story...her side, the doctor side, and the truth.
~ Does anyone else think it's bullshit that you can't have your newborn with you outside of visiting hours?? That is honestly the worst.

NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

I love how Jess talked down about the nurses but remember she wanted to be one before she had a million kids :lol: she's probably jealous
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Visiting hours are a rip off altogether. My hospital doesn't even have them anymore. As long as you're quiet and respectful you can come anytime. If the patient needs rest we will let you know ;) idk about the specific liabilities of having a newborn there but it's BS that she'd be allowed during visiting hours but not for a couple more hours to finish the bag of abx.

I must have not been paying attention when she shit talked nurses because I'd have taken offense lol. She seems like she'd be such a pain in the ass patient. I'd still be nice but whew.

happyfunmeowmeow
Informer
Informer

Unread post by happyfunmeowmeow »

Nice doctor fanfic stories, Jessica.

Return to “JesssFam”