DailyFinleyPotter&TheDursleys (Part 77)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyFinleyPotter&TheDursleys (Part 77)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sammibro wrote:I don't think that any of us who are being critical of the Lumps' trip are jealous or pretentious enough to say they are doing it "wrong". A lot of us have admitted (myself included) that we'd see the HP sights and studio tour, too. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I just see it as another squandered opportunity. They have all of the time in the world to research things beforehand, yet they appear to be googling as they go to each tourist stop. I guess not everyone is like this, but for a lot of people, a trip to London/Paris would be a huge deal, and most people would want to make the most of it. The Lumps, however, seem to be treating it like one of their many trips to Disneyland, and they aren't trying many new things. Also, Jim and Suzanne are adults, and if they want to do something other than wrangle their daughter's kids, they should stand up to her and say so. Maybe they don't want to offend their meal ticket. Who knows? None of us know the dynamic of their relationship with Missy or Bryan. What we do see is Bryan and Missy still being as narrow minded as ever, and if anything, the posters here who are being critical (again, myself included) shouldn't have been surprised that they'd spend so much time searching out so called "regular food" and chain restaurants. Someone once said to me, "If you want to know who someone really is, travel with them," and they were right! We're essentially traveling with Missy and Bryan now, and we're seeing them for who they really are: the same old unadventurous lumps on a log that they always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. Yes, I will admit to being totally jealous at this point. Especially when right now I make less than they have probably spent on this vacation. But that's not really my issue. I'm appalled at how much vloggers make in general, so that is a topic for another time.
I don't think they're doing it "wrong". I am just so disappointed in their complete unwillingness to learn. Everything is related to a movie or a Disney character: Tower of London=Outlander, Moulin Rouge=the movie, France= Beauty and the Beast, St Paul's= Harry Potter. They don't have to be "into" European history, but it would be nice to see them expand their horizons a little. The only new thing they're willing to try is dessert.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I think they rushed around the Louvre because they have Ollie and Finn. It's boring for a child his age after awhile. Even if they were teaching him, which they probably weren't, it would be boring. And they didn't run in, take a picture with the Mona Lisa and run out. We saw in the vlog that they looked around.

They probably shouldn't have taken Ollie and Finn. They can't do a lot with children that little. But then they would have been criticized for leaving them. And if they didn't bring Jim and Suzanne, people would say they should have because they do so much for them.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Their trip (+marriage) in a nutshell

http://i.imgur.com/deXqZNx.jpg

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I am not jealous of them. I understand that this is their vacation and I do agree that some people are going a little overboard with some of the comments about they're doing this wrong. However, I feel like they are so uneducated. Like someone else put it "they have reduced London to pop culture and Disney"

They haven't tried to really enjoy London besides the basic stuff. They don't try to learn about other people and other places. They travel to a new place and treat it like it is the same corner of their world when it's not. I think that's what annoys me about this trip. And the over-exaggeration of everything. They could do whatever they want but at the end of the day, they are wrapped in a privileged bubble and I just find it sad.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

kittypurry wrote:Their trip (+marriage) in a nutshell

Oh come on!!! I understand being bored when you're doing something you have no interest but seriously....I think she might have some sort of depression. It could be written off as her being a brat, but even brats enjoy LONDON and PARIS.

I don't think she should have gotten married and had kids so young. That is obviously great for some people (I'm sure some of you did so), but with her childhood, I feel like she never had a chance to figure out what she wanted. She was just thrown into the marriage-babies mindset.

Would she be less miserable if she had gone traveling for some sort of career? Or maybe if she was in her 30s with a husband (not Bryan) and kids (at least one daughter)?

Just something to think about. I wonder if she is just so unsatisfied with how her life turned out. She might not even know it.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

daisy1000 wrote:However, I feel like they are so uneducated.
Well, that's because they ARE uneducated. They both have very basic high school educations from rural Idaho - not known as an education powerhouse state.

Part of me believes they don't even know what they are missing when they travel because they were never taught anything about these places other than pop culture and Disney. They certainly don't seem the type to study or learn anything about these places independently. Did they even buy a travel guide in advance??

Oh well, there's no cure for stupidity and bad taste! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

How exactly are Jeff and Tal _surprise_ visitors? It was obvious they were in Paris at the same time as Bryan and Missy! They just didn't show them in that vlog!

Also, Bryan just can't help himself from lying, can he? No, tickets for The Cursed Child aren't on sale now, but they will be in January! He said you can't get tickets for _years_ but that just isn't true! I've researched it because -as I've said, I want to go - and not only do they go on sale again in a month, there are some tickets that are released every Friday! I do my research! LOL! Bryan always wants to make everything sound so exclusive. At least he thanked the person who sold him the tickets. It just took away from that when he made it seem like mere peasants wouldn't be able to see the show for years!

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... f1c9d8.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... 8d0e5d.jpg[/img]

I was so grossed out by this. Not only was Bryan encouraging Ollie to eat gummy bears first thing in the morning, but he also let him eat things that were all over the bathroom mirror and sink area! I'm sorry, but that is not sanitary. I'd give less of a side eye if they were at home because they'd be able to control how clean that area was, but they were at a hotel! Who knows how clean it actually was! You can clearly see fingerprints all over the sink in the shot just before. No wonder those kids always seem to be sick!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I can't bear to watch. It looks like poor "Fred" is about to be drawn and quartered. Maybe they did learn something at the Tower!
And of course, Ollie got a toy and a huge lollipop. Being at a big natural history museum isn't reward in itself. And he still can't smile. Image

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

sammibro wrote:Image

How exactly are Jeff and Tal _surprise_ visitors? It was obvious they were in Paris at the same time as Bryan and Missy! They just didn't show them in that vlog!

Also, Bryan just can't help himself from lying, can he? No, tickets for The Cursed Child aren't on sale now, but they will be in January! He said you can't get tickets for _years_ but that just isn't true! I've researched it because -as I've said, I want to go - and not only do they go on sale again in a month, there are some tickets that are released every Friday! I do my research! LOL! Bryan always wants to make everything sound so exclusive. At least he thanked the person who sold him the tickets. It just took away from that when he made it seem like mere peasants wouldn't be able to see the show for years!

Yeah the Johnson's definitely aren't surprise visitors. They took the same airline as the Bumps (albeit in coach), they're staying at the same hotel. I'm guessing the Johnsons just pushed back their flight and hotel dates for whatever reason, they would never be able to book that last minute. But of course everything is crazy and exciting and clickbaity when you're a blogger so they're a "surprise"

Also I was right about the six tickets, this is from Jeff's vlog
http://i.imgur.com/v5OnRIq.jpg

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did they scalp the extra two?

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

pic.png
I just couldn't take Bryan's bloated face first thing in the vlog, he looks like a freakin blowfish!! hahaha

He probably sat there for 2 hours waiting for someone to get up...I can clearly see Missy pretending to sleep...which is probably what she does during everything else too hahahaha

I think it's wonderful he had Ollie eating candy in the bathroom that fell on the dirty sink counter...where Bryan clips his nose hairs (can I throw up now??)

Someone should hire Bryan to be a party planner....he knows how to "surprise" people since nobody on YouTube had any idea that Jeff & Tal would be joining on them on this trip....it's been a big fat secret for 3 days...way to go Blowfish hahaha
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

lmmomSD wrote:What amazes me about the minions defending their "well-deserved" vacation, is that it's not like they have been working and saving for years and years to do this. They take at least 4 vacations a year, most of which would be once in a lifetime trips for "regular" people. St Croix, Hawaii, Aulani in Hawaii, and now this. Ridiculous.

Well to be fair, I don't see a problem with anyone taking vacations, even if there is multiple ones a year. (I leave next week for our 4th trip this year, just back home for the holidays, but still. Next year we are going to California, & Vegas in March, London in May, back home in July and a month in New Zealand/Australia for Christmas). We work hard and earn them. We also give back to our community, because we can though (for example, we just participated in our third year of giving away thanksgiving meals to hundreds of families.)

I think it's more their lack of appreciation for how they got there, and the fans. I think THAT is what bugs me. The lack of giving back too. Sure, they do that present crap every year, but how about serving people a hot meal at a soup kitchen, or buying goods for the food pantry, and helping to sort and box everything.
Misk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Misk »

I actually feel really sorry for Bryan watching that.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Can Bryan STOP saying Bro everytime he talks to Jeff ??
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Also I thought Bryan mentioned last year around this time that they were going to London to watch this Harry Potter thing?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tml43 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:What amazes me about the minions defending their "well-deserved" vacation, is that it's not like they have been working and saving for years and years to do this. They take at least 4 vacations a year, most of which would be once in a lifetime trips for "regular" people. St Croix, Hawaii, Aulani in Hawaii, and now this. Ridiculous.

Well to be fair, I don't see a problem with anyone taking vacations, even if there is multiple ones a year. (I leave next week for our 4th trip this year, just back home for the holidays, but still. Next year we are going to California, & Vegas in March, London in May, back home in July and a month in New Zealand/Australia for Christmas). We work hard and earn them. We also give back to our community, because we can though (for example, we just participated in our third year of giving away thanksgiving meals to hundreds of families.)

I think it's more their lack of appreciation for how they got there, and the fans. I think THAT is what bugs me. The lack of giving back too. Sure, they do that present crap every year, but how about serving people a hot meal at a soup kitchen, or buying goods for the food pantry, and helping to sort and box everything.
Exactly. You phrased it better than I did. It's the "well-deserved" in that sentence that gets my hackles up. How are they "more deserving"? And bringing up the losses and divorce makes it sound like they haven't had a vacation in all that time.
It sounds like you are actually grateful for what you have, and help out others. If these guys gave back at all, or didn't act like they're gracing us with their presence on YouTube, I wouldn't find it so bad.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

Did we see Finn at all in today's vlog? I feel bad for both kids, Finn is ignored and they are both fed a horrible diet that is no doubt setting them up for health issues (how do none of them have diabetes, heart disease, etc?).
As for Mimi and papa, I honestly think they enjoy being around their grandkids, although they do take care of them a lot because seems like missy can't be bothered.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

MamaJoAnna wrote:Title credit: pllfan5 (I really seem to like your titles Image)
Part 76: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=10164

Previously:
-The Lannings spread a stomach bug all over a convention (Ellie, Gaines, etc. got sick) but of course were totally oblivious to the fact it was them that made everyone sick
-Ollie got more toys
-Missy made Ollie an advent calendar with chocolate and "good deeds" to do (like he'll even do half of them)
-Finn got ignored more
-The Lannings went to a cabin for Thanksgiving and complained the whole time #SoHumble
-Zuri/Dino is now mostly/completely an outdoor cat (which means we will hardly see her)
-The Lannings and Suzanne/Jim (and later Jeff and crew) took off to England/France for their oh so fancy European vacation AKA "look at me and all the money I don't have to spend!"
-6 Christmas trees. Enough said.
-Ollie "fell" into a fountain
-"We" was released (video) and the songs keep getting worse and worse

Anything I might have missed, clue me in...lol. Continue!
I wonder how many more threads it will take until Finn isn't ignored in lieu of Oden and soon to be Harry Lanning if conceived in the UK

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Misk wrote:

I actually feel really sorry for Bryan watching that.
Same. He's an asshole in his own right but everything he takes an interest in she's all just "yeah. cool *goes back to phone*" Sad.

Return to “Daily Bumps”