E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Of course the first finalist is mormon. (Nothing against mormons, but Ellie and Jared seem to be the type to think they're automatically better than anyone if they're LDS.) Not to be a jerk, but how did that video entry affect them so much to make them a finalist? Its nice that the couple doesn't have to be serious about everything, but it was so staged and just kind of cringeworthy. They didn't really give much of an explanation and the friends/family/other actors was kind of pointless. Idk, I'm just starting to feel different about their contest. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Also, I'm so done with Ellie. Jared getting teary eyed and all she says is "you're cute"? Ummm...grow up? This is a touchy subject for so many people and you can't even go along with it for 5 minutes. She's so self centered and I could just imagine what Jared's parents really think of her. What a disgrace.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

HelloSweetie wrote:Why not release all the videos at the same time? Even if each video is open to voting the same amount of time, different days yield different kinds of traffic. It seems very manipulated to me.
And the first/early videos will get more likes because the later videos will be compared to them, and people will choose not to vote for a couple if they like another better. Lots of people are voting for this first video because there's nothing to compare it with. The likes aren't limited but people are still going to want their favorite to win. They should have all been posted at the same time rather than dragging it out like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Vincere wrote:I think it's not so nice to put the Surname + location of the people who share the video.

Anyway, it seems that Brian is a nice guy at first look.
Hillary supporter, with hillary on the fb cover in rainbow suits.
FB cover photo with the rainbow stripes.
He's from Utah + with the wedding picture = mormon.
He likes RuPaul's show.

Surprised, all in all he seems like a super nice guy!
In a way, I think it's better they didn't go the cliche way of super sobbing and emotional video.
They had a short period of time to do this and I think the results is good, well, he's an actor.
They are definitely Mormon. That's the temple outside Ogden, so they would likely be pursuing fertility treatments in SLC. Pretty convenient access for E&J just as we predicted.

Actually, I would have at least expected the first finalist to be a little more diverse kistbto make things seem equal. If all the contests are white, married LDS couples, then I think we can all agree that E&J are terribly biased, discriminatory and elitist.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

my conspiracy senses are tingling lol. their entry video makes me feel like they're wannabe youtubers and ellie and jared picked them as finalists (despite, i'm sure, the thousands of others in tougher situations than them who also applied) because they want them to win and have a hit spin-off youtube channel affiliated with e&j :lol:
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

...and after the comment section got absolutely wrecked by unhappy viewers, they disabled the comments lol. what a great way to stifle all criticism about their finalist choices
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

mrogaan wrote:my conspiracy senses are tingling lol. their entry video makes me feel like they're wannabe youtubers and ellie and jared picked them as finalists (despite, i'm sure, the thousands of others in tougher situations than them who also applied) because they want them to win and have a hit spin-off youtube channel affiliated with e&j :lol:
It's a shame because when they first announced this contest I felt really hopeful. I thought that they were being sincere and it actually touched me. I saw many people on here talking more negative about it, but I figured that I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I can't believe I actually thought this after seeing the first finalist and Ellie's attitude throughout the vlogs and stuff. Just so uninterested and acting like this is all a silly game and how it makes her husband so cute when he cries. Give me a break. It sucks because I feel like Jared's parents are really great people and want to change people's lives. But for Ellie and Jared, there's more in it for them. Jared can be caring and sincere in some way, but of course there has to be a benefit for them. But Ellie takes the cake.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

mrogaan wrote:...and after the comment section got absolutely wrecked by unhappy viewers, they disabled the comments lol. what a great way to stifle all criticism about their finalist choices
Probably because I saw a few people saying they hoped all the finalists wouldn't be fellow UT Mormons. Maybe they didn't want people calling everyone's attention to it because it will be?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

The video by Brian and Nicole was very cute.
I could totally see them making a youtube channel if they won showing the process and of course owing it all to E&J
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Ive wondered how many people are just in it for the youtube fame..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

It isn't fair for them up upload the videos at random. They should upload them, but keep them all on Private until they are ready for voting. They are asshats.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

mrogaan wrote:...and after the comment section got absolutely wrecked by unhappy viewers, they disabled the comments lol. what a great way to stifle all criticism about their finalist choices
Wow!! I am guessing E+J are surprised at the reaction to this vlog. I was just surprised after hearing days and days of tear jerking film clips you find see a light hearted story with not too much seriousness to it.

The normal part about this couple was them stating basically life would go on without children, but having children would be all the better.

I actually can see not having comments since it was strictly vote for a couple by using the like button. I would feel bad for this couple who read comments about their entry which they probably felt was ok. No one deserves critical remarks with how they presented their infertility problems. I did see they had a lot of dislikes. This shows the cultural differences in the United States since I think this couple would play well to a segment of the population. E+J friends seem a bit more conservative and if I was an entry, I would take that into consideration. Frankly, I am surprised they are a finalist, but I think this was a positive for E+J who went outside the box with looking at couples who are different than them, but the chances of them winning is probably not good.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow!! I am guessing E+J are surprised at the reaction to this vlog. I was just surprised after hearing days and days of tear jerking film clips you find see a light hearted story with not too much seriousness to it.

The normal part about this couple was them stating basically life would go on without children, but having children would be all the better.

I actually can see not having comments since it was strictly vote for a couple by using the like button. I would feel bad for this couple who read comments about their entry which they probably felt was ok. No one deserves critical remarks with how they presented their infertility problems. I did see they had a lot of dislikes. This shows the cultural differences in the United States since I think this couple would play well to a segment of the population. E+J friends seem a bit more conservative and if I was an entry, I would take that into consideration. Frankly, I am surprised they are a finalist, but I think this was a positive for E+J who went outside the box with looking at couples who are different than them, but the chances of them winning is probably not good.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:It isn't fair for them up upload the videos at random. They should upload them, but keep them all on Private until they are ready for voting. They are asshats.
It does seem like a bit odd way of doing this by having a daily video upload, but I am sure it is for the views to increase as they days progress. It is really a strange contest with emotions and the competition for a prize that is very personal if you know what I mean. It isn't like you are competing for a trip.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:

But how is this couple different from them? They seem like your typical YT couple to me. Another B&M, E&J or C&K.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I'm just hoping that ellie and Jared surprise everyone and pay for all the finalist's ivf treatment.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I'm a bit neurotic but Jackson used the bathroom and didn't wash his hands after. I know his parents help him but as he was flushing the toilet, he touched the seat. Plus, its not a bad habit to teach. Also Ellie never washed her hand. Hygiene in this family confuses me.

And I agree with everyone else, it's dumb to release it each week. Why would I vote for one without knowing the others.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

But how is this couple different from them? They seem like your typical YT couple to me. Another B&M, E&J or C&K.
I see this couple on the same line as Cullen's humor, but not the rest of them. Jared is just loud. In addition, I was not looking at them as Youtubers, but a couple who entered a contest to win an IVF grant.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Of course the first finalist is mormon. (Nothing against mormons, but Ellie and Jared seem to be the type to think they're automatically better than anyone if they're LDS.) Not to be a jerk, but how did that video entry affect them so much to make them a finalist? Its nice that the couple doesn't have to be serious about everything, but it was so staged and just kind of cringeworthy. They didn't really give much of an explanation and the friends/family/other actors was kind of pointless. Idk, I'm just starting to feel different about their contest. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Also, I'm so done with Ellie. Jared getting teary eyed and all she says is "you're cute"? Ummm...grow up? This is a touchy subject for so many people and you can't even go along with it for 5 minutes. She's so self centered and I could just imagine what Jared's parents really think of her. What a disgrace.
Don't forget, first on the list of video entry requirements was Quality of Video which accounted for 30% of the overall decision making process of finalists. SECOND place requirement was how compelling the couples IF story was. So you could say, at least this couple hit the remit. :|
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

mrogaan wrote:my conspiracy senses are tingling lol. their entry video makes me feel like they're wannabe youtubers and ellie and jared picked them as finalists (despite, i'm sure, the thousands of others in tougher situations than them who also applied) because they want them to win and have a hit spin-off youtube channel affiliated with e&j :lol:
You could be right. They might even already be pregnant. :-o Lol
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Ellie and Jared”