Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Baconsgirl

Re: Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
liveyourlife22 wrote:Ok I feel like this is an awful thing to say but I think Emmy (i?) is an unfortunate looking child. I have no doubt she will grow into her looks, just look at her family! As for right now though, something just looks a little off to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel sad to say this but I think you are right. I think she may have a learning disability and with her speech you can barely understand anything she says. I hope i'm wrong she just seems very robotic. I used to think she was just very shy.
I just thought she was shy?

larissaledingham
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by larissaledingham »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I've heard from multiple youtubers this week that youtube is changing. I know it was discussed briefly here. Does anyone know more about it? I guess I don't really understand it, people are acting like they are just going to stop getting views all together.
I am interested in this as well... a smaller youtuber I watch Ms.Bonnie Harris, posted yesterday that she wasnt sure if she would continure vlogmas because her last video had less than 300 views in 3 hours or something like that.... It turned me right off. It is all about the money for all youtubers and any of them who say otherwise are lying liars who lie.
What they all don't realise is that people get busy this time of year - the kid viewers might still be watching but it's pushed back on others priorities, I get up at 3am to go to work and instead of doing my 9 hours I'm doing 12+ which are all on my feet the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and watching vlogs, it's not so bad when you just have your daily vloggers and a few extra but when everyone starts doing vlogmas it gets to be alot of videos and it's hard to keep up even if you are in the mood to watch them

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

liveyourlife22 wrote:Ok I feel like this is an awful thing to say but I think Emmy (i?) is an unfortunate looking child. I have no doubt she will grow into her looks, just look at her family! As for right now though, something just looks a little off to me.

I was thinking that she'd already grown into her looks. I don't think she was a very cute baby, but she's a cute little girl.
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

Lovethesnark wrote:

I was thinking that she'd already grown into her looks. I don't think she was a very cute baby, but she's a cute little girl.
I agree she has gotten better with age, but I don't think she's quite there yet. Totally my opinion, I also hate all of the southern style clothes their family wears and I know others love it!

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

mblant99 wrote:So C&K now have a $50k Mercedes SUV and a $70k Suburban? Please God don't let them turn into the Lannings

I feel like they make choices catered to their growing family. Cullen traded in an old car for the Suburban. He spoke about how it was great because the kids and the dogs could all fit in one car. It fits their lifestyle. If he went out and bought a Lamborghini then I would start to worry.

I am more worried that the vlog dynamic is going to change after they move. I have noticed anytime a vlogger makes a big move/buying a home, the dynamic changes in a negative way. Daily Bumps were never perfect but after they move their vlogs changed drastically. And same with Ellie and Jared.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

larissaledingham wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I've heard from multiple youtubers this week that youtube is changing. I know it was discussed briefly here. Does anyone know more about it? I guess I don't really understand it, people are acting like they are just going to stop getting views all together.
I am interested in this as well... a smaller youtuber I watch Ms.Bonnie Harris, posted yesterday that she wasnt sure if she would continure vlogmas because her last video had less than 300 views in 3 hours or something like that.... It turned me right off. It is all about the money for all youtubers and any of them who say otherwise are lying liars who lie.
What they all don't realise is that people get busy this time of year - the kid viewers might still be watching but it's pushed back on others priorities, I get up at 3am to go to work and instead of doing my 9 hours I'm doing 12+ which are all on my feet the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and watching vlogs, it's not so bad when you just have your daily vloggers and a few extra but when everyone starts doing vlogmas it gets to be alot of videos and it's hard to keep up even if you are in the mood to watch them

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I think this will be vloggers downfall, as more and more people get involved with daily vlogging, it will be a saturated world with too many. This will make a difference in channel growth and you'll need to be good.

And the more YouTubers whine, it will turn viewers off since most think that their life is a much easier one than the rest of the world working traditional jobs that included twelve hour shifts which I am familiar with. Katie saying she "hadn't been able to sit down and rest" is really out of touch. Ok, there big deal today was Christmas pictures...the rest of the day was not scheduled. People go to Christmas parties, church, have picture taken after working all day.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:Cullen is so whinny sometimes. If he talks anymore about how hard it is to edit/vlog, help his sister-in-law with setting up a channel and the busy holiday season going to parties...I say go back to a forty hour week job and see how life is treating you. He said "just kidding" with setting up Kelly's channel, but I think he isn't. I am also wondering how much he can ask his viewers to like their vlogs without becoming too annoying. There has to be something with YouTube and the business aspect to vlogging for both Katie and Cullen to keep doing this.
That and the spiel they both gave in the car about what a 'hectic' week it's been, Katie reeling off how much stuff they'd done. Which essentially amount to her recounting a list of social events. Complaining about having a busy social life and how that equates to being a tough/busy week. It's sad how full time vloggers mind sets change and forget what it's like for the majority of people.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

daisy1000 wrote:
mblant99 wrote:So C&K now have a $50k Mercedes SUV and a $70k Suburban? Please God don't let them turn into the Lannings

I feel like they make choices catered to their growing family. Cullen traded in an old car for the Suburban. He spoke about how it was great because the kids and the dogs could all fit in one car. It fits their lifestyle. If he went out and bought a Lamborghini then I would start to worry.

I am more worried that the vlog dynamic is going to change after they move. I have noticed anytime a vlogger makes a big move/buying a home, the dynamic changes in a negative way. Daily Bumps were never perfect but after they move their vlogs changed drastically. And same with Ellie and Jared.

Daily Bumps became part of the 1% and harder to relate to with all their expensive trips and purchasing big ticket items on the vlogs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think I see frustration with Cullen that their channel has not grown as fast as others like E+J and he thinks they should have more subscribers. He feels he works harder than others with editing etc.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Editing is not hard work. I've got ample experience with editing and production throughout high school and college, and have done wedding videography for friends as a hobby.

The hardest videos to edit are those that follow a storyboard and script, because you've often got hours of fumbles, mistakes, and just bad takes. Each scene can be re shot 20 times, tweaking something different each time, then you're handed an inconsistent mess and told to make a masterpiece. Besides that, the hardest part is that it's time consuming sitting through all the footage.

Vlogs must be the easiest to edit imo. Cullen was present, or filmed, basically every single thing on his camera. And while there may be some do overs while talking to the camera, he knows exactly how many takes it took to get it right. Daily vloggers just cobble together what they've shot, and turn it into a video. There's really no creative process there, so if a daily family vlogger calls a 10 minute video that they shot hard to edit again, I'll scream. Especially considering it's the kids doing the real work creating good footage.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Editing is not hard work. I've got ample experience with editing and production throughout high school and college, and have done wedding videography for friends as a hobby.

The hardest videos to edit are those that follow a storyboard and script, because you've often got hours of fumbles, mistakes, and just bad takes. Each scene can be re shot 20 times, tweaking something different each time, then you're handed an inconsistent mess and told to make a masterpiece. Besides that, the hardest part is that it's time consuming sitting through all the footage.

Vlogs must be the easiest to edit imo. Cullen was present, or filmed, basically every single thing on his camera. And while there may be some do overs while talking to the camera, he knows exactly how many takes it took to get it right. Daily vloggers just cobble together what they've shot, and turn it into a video. There's really no creative process there, so if a daily family vlogger calls a 10 minute video that they shot hard to edit again, I'll scream. Especially considering it's the kids doing the real work creating good footage.
You summed it up in real terms and I appreciate the input editing isn't that much of an issue. Point taken that their children are the ones who are the creative aspect of their vlogs.

I continue to think if these vloggers keep complaining how hard this job is, they will lose viewers. Two parents at home is not a bad deal. You would think their house would be spotless, but it isn't. Those Griffith sisters do have nicely keep homes and I think this adds to their vlogs since no one wants to look at messy homes.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

tratra58 wrote:

I think I see frustration with Cullen that their channel has not grown as fast as others like E+J and he thinks they should have more subscribers. He feels he works harder than others with editing etc.

I think you're right. Personally, I feel like if you've been doing this for years and it still feels like hard work, that's your fault. I think Cullen focuses on creating funny moments in the vlogs, but they often fall flat. I don't think he puts as much time and effort into learning how to shoot better videos. His camera work is sloppy in comparison to his friends. I know they all use the same type of camera, but somehow Cullen's footage is often grainy and out of focus.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tratra58 wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Editing is not hard work. I've got ample experience with editing and production throughout high school and college, and have done wedding videography for friends as a hobby.

You summed it up in real terms and I appreciate the input editing isn't that much of an issue. Point taken that their children are the ones who are the creative aspect of their vlogs.

I continue to think if these vloggers keep complaining how hard this job is, they will lose viewers. Two parents at home is not a bad deal. You would think their house would be spotless, but it isn't. Those Griffith sisters do have nicely keep homes and I think this adds to their vlogs since no one wants to look at messy homes.
I feel like the every day mess and clutter of their home keeps it real for me. Sure, they have both parents home and they keep the house clean, but it's not spotless and I feel like thats just the people that they are. They have junk drawers and messy stairs, a cluttered play room and us the formal dining table as storage space, but thats real life to me. Ellie and Jared's house is so spotless it looks like a movie set or a show home, not a place where someone is actually living. I would take the clutter and dust at C&K's house over the cold, sterile lifeless home of E&J any day...
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

tratra58 wrote:

Because he doesn't buy subs like the other 2. I hope he can see that.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

I feel like the every day mess and clutter of their home keeps it real for me. Sure, they have both parents home and they keep the house clean, but it's not spotless and I feel like thats just the people that they are. They have junk drawers and messy stairs, a cluttered play room and us the formal dining table as storage space, but thats real life to me. Ellie and Jared's house is so spotless it looks like a movie set or a show home, not a place where someone is actually living. I would take the clutter and dust at C&K's house over the cold, sterile lifeless home of E&J any day...
Not me, I like the minimalist less clutter look and actually have a hard time looking at their messy houses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tratra58 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
tratra58 wrote: You summed it up in real terms and I appreciate the input editing isn't that much of an issue. Point taken that their children are the ones who are the creative aspect of their vlogs.

Not me, I like the minimalist less clutter look and actually have a hard time looking at their messy houses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You would hate my house... :lol: My husband owns and runs an antique auction and every space we have is covered in some sort of collectible. Even I have a hard time with the clutter we have and i'm not the neat, minimalist type. I'll be the first to admit our home is cluttered, its clean, but we have a ton of just STUFF and sometimes it makes me crazy. If it was just me, the house would still be more like C&K than E&J but my husband makes it a million times worse. Different strokes for different folks! ;)
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I hate all these sponsored vlogs around the holidays. They are pretending they just love cvs and shop there all the time. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

I think their house is cluttered, but not "dirty". The kitchen is clean, and except for all the marshmallows in the bathtub (Ick!) so is the bathroom. They don't have a playroom, so their living area gets cluttered with toys and baby stuff. But there's no dirty diapers in their beds like E&J, or people blowing their noses in sheets. I think Ellie's "cleanliness" is deceptive, because she doesn't wash her hands (it seems) and they leave diapers around. The Shaytards house is another nasty one. The kitchen is usually a disaster area, and they let the kids dance on the counter. I can handle the clutter with C&K because they are clean. Does that make sense?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I agree. The house looks lived and you get a sense of the family that lives there. Remove some photos and anyone could live in E&Js house. I appreciate a more "collected" look in someones decor, where they have new pieces mixed with old and stories behind things like "Oh I got this at a flea market for 50 cents and this was my grandmothers" Again, E&Js house lacks that.

I also dont think K&Cs house is dirty, just messy and those are two way different things.
Blackmazda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blackmazda »

Katie got the Mercedes after they moved back from Florida, which is I think 5 years ago now? Most likely it has been paid off for awhile now. Before that she had a C class, I'd imagine she's only ever driven Mercedes.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”