imherenow
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by imherenow »

HelloSweetie wrote:
imherenow wrote:That's definitely his imdb account. Honestly, I'm looking through his Facebook and I'm trying to figure out how he's NOT gay. Idk. It's just strange and I'm getting a weird vibe. But I guess it's not really my place to say what his sexuality is or isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same.

Being gay isn't considered a sin to the LDS. Acting on it is. Maybe this was what E&J thought we meant when we said they wouldn't choose someone that's gay Image
Oh I know. I'm from Utah and I grew up LDS. I went to school with Ellie's cousin. This whole contest is just so strange and I'm just getting weird vibes from this first couple they picked.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

:-P
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
imherenow wrote:That's definitely his imdb account. Honestly, I'm looking through his Facebook and I'm trying to figure out how he's NOT gay. Idk. It's just strange and I'm getting a weird vibe. But I guess it's not really my place to say what his sexuality is or isn't.

OMG I just saw his facebook too, that is crazy he has to be gay. Maybe he is really gay and lives with his boyfriend but he enlisted his friend to do this ivf for him so that him and his husband/boyfriend could have a baby.
Exactly what i thought! Lol i wouldnt say anything about him being more feminine. But his facebook is literally covered in rainbows and hillary clinton lol i think that says a lot..

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

I watched the video of Ellie revealing she was pregnant with Calvin recently and she told Jared "I feel like this is God's way of telling us we're doing everything right". That's not the first time I've heard a Mormon say something similar, that the blessings in their life are rewards from God for pleasing him/doing the right thing, and the converse of that idea is that if you don't get blessings, it means you are doing something wrong. This is why it really worries me that most of the applicants are from Utah--how many are going to be devastated if they don't win, not just because they missed out on a chance to have a baby, but because it's just another sign of God's displeasure? They would judged by the voters, Ellie and Jared (if they don't make it to the final round) and God as being unworthy to have a child.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just looked at the wifes facebook page an it does state she is married to Brian but says she lives in new york. Brians says he lives in Utah. Something is fishy with these two.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Totally OT from the IVF videos but I saw their "Hardest Decision" vlog title in my suggestions with their overly staged picture and found myself thinking "I hope their channel crashes and burns soon and I can see their income dry up and their house get foreclosed on.

And then I felt bad for despising someone that much that I'd wish something like that on them lol. I'm just so tired of these no-talent, slackers making so much money when I know so many hardworking people who deserve what they have and can't get it. :x
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

KeepingItReal07 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Is this American idol or something? The more and more I think about it, I get more disgusted. These 5 finalists are going to get their hopes up so high and in the end 4 of them are gonna be on the same boat as before and it'll only make them more upset. This topic should not be taken so lightly and they should really think about the affect its going to have on people in the long run. Instead, they're having these couples compete in a freakin competition on who's going to have the chance to get pregnant. I've heard it all.
Totally agree!! And as someone mentioned, the fact that kids are judging is just wrong. Why does a tween get to decide who gets IVF when they don't even know what it is let alone the enormity of the situation??! The bulk of their audience cannot relate to the struggles so they will vote for the "cutest" or "most fun" video. Shameful...

I don't think any of us has the right to decide who's more deserving let alone a bunch of pre-teens. E+J need to stop surrounding themselves with 'yes' people and ass-kissers. They need to seek good counsel.... or just read here Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's the worst part of it, I think. That kids who thought that either Ellie was going to carry a baby, and then give it away, or that Jared was going to donate sperm, are making this decision by clicking the "like" button. It should have been a random drawing. It's just wrong all the way around.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just looked at the wifes facebook page an it does state she is married to Brian but says she lives in new york. Brians says he lives in Utah. Something is fishy with these two.
Well that will definitely make it harder to have a baby Image

IF is not getting pregnant after 12 consecutive months of actively TRYING.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just looked at the wifes facebook page an it does state she is married to Brian but says she lives in new york. Brians says he lives in Utah. Something is fishy with these two.
His Facebook states that he lives in New York, but he's from Utah originally. At least that's what it said when I looked at it just now.

I don't care that the first couple took a humorous and theatrical approach. That's their prerogative. Whatever. I still think Ellie and Jared gave zero consideration to how to run this smoothly. And they definitely should have had the foresight to turn off comments. I don't see how they can release one video on it's own and then the other four all at once and think that's "fair." Each video isn't getting the same treatment and they're not controlling for certain factors that it would be very easy to control for if they had thought this through. It just looks like they don't know what they're doing and didn't bother to plan this.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

HelloSweetie wrote:

She was probably born in New York and never changed her location when she moved to Utah. I see that a lot.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
navarjul000 wrote: Okay, so I was reading through comments, and apparently they're uploaded ALL of the remaining finalists tonight???? They're turning off the first couple's a day early so they'll still have 5 days, but that still seems so weird to me. Why didn't they just upload them all at once? This couple included... I don't see how it's fair if this couple was put up a day early over the rest of them... doesn't that give them an advantage? Idk this whole thing is so weird to me.

Also your point is interesting too, because say someone is looking on the fifth day of these new finalists and wants to take away their like from the first finalists but the likes are closed for them already because they were uploaded a day early...

Idk it just seems weird to me that the first and only couple they are apparently uploaded before the rest happens to be Mormon.... this whole thing is just wrong.
The reason they are uploading all at the same time is all the backlash they got. Ellie even cried in todays video saying they are doing their best and they have never done this before.
Honestly, they should have thought this through carefully and established the method for choosing the final couple and how everything would be handled BEFORE they announced the contest, explained the rules, and starting uploading applicants' videos, but instead they're back peddling after the fact. They clearly didn't think this through, and it is beyond sloppy. They're dealing with a very sensitive topic, it's not a giveaway for a purse. I stated this at the beginning of the thread, but I agree with everyone saying that running this as a contest where couples win based on likes is gross and exploitative. It's vlog fodder at this point, not a charitable act. Especially considering the way they spend money.
I am not a fan of this contest and I won't watch the videos. That said the contestants knew they would be exploited before signing on. E&J are disgusting people. Jackson is a sweetheart. Calvin is still in the works.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

She was probably born in New York and never changed her location when she moved to Utah. I see that a lot.
At the beginning of their video it says Queens NY

staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

They both live in Queens, NY.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

I just came to say that the way this has been conducted is utterly disgusting. It pisses me off being someone that has been suffering from infertility for years, and all the heartache I've endured over multiple losses. The burden of fertility treatment is astounding and to have couples "compete" in this manner like a damn popularity contest with "likes" just makes me want to kick E&J in the teeth.

It's stupid how some people are setting themselves up for judgment by a group of teeny boppers who don't even understand how human reproduction works. Much less the emotional havoc it dumps into a marriage. One couple for instance I see in their comments where a sub is pretty much scolding them for consistently asking for money to do ivf again when they go on multiple vacations etc. The couple made a whole video about moving towards adoption and then they jump on this opportunity with E&J. I can't blame them in a sense, but my goodness I can't fathom how ppl don't see themselves looking like complete dumbasses in all this.

Sorry for the rant you guys, the whole thing infuriates me because of all we overcame to be able to do IVF#2 here soon.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

KeepingItReal07 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Is this American idol or something? The more and more I think about it, I get more disgusted. These 5 finalists are going to get their hopes up so high and in the end 4 of them are gonna be on the same boat as before and it'll only make them more upset. This topic should not be taken so lightly and they should really think about the affect its going to have on people in the long run. Instead, they're having these couples compete in a freakin competition on who's going to have the chance to get pregnant. I've heard it all.
Totally agree!! And as someone mentioned, the fact that kids are judging is just wrong. Why does a tween get to decide who gets IVF when they don't even know what it is let alone the enormity of the situation??! The bulk of their audience cannot relate to the struggles so they will vote for the "cutest" or "most fun" video. Shameful...

I don't think any of us has the right to decide who's more deserving let alone a bunch of pre-teens. E+J need to stop surrounding themselves with 'yes' people and ass-kissers. They need to seek good counsel.... or just read here Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's the worst part of it, I think. That kids who thought that either Ellie was going to carry a baby, and then give it away, or that Jared was going to donate sperm, are making this decision by clicking the "like" button. It should have been a random drawing. It's just wrong all the way around.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I am sobbing for couple #5 right now.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I am sobbing for couple #5 right now.
It's so hard because they all seem really nice and they all deserve the chance to have a baby. I feel so bad for the couple who had a stillborn daughter, that's heartbreaking.
I'm just going to thumbs up all the videos and vote for all of them because I think they all deserve to win.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry for the double post. Stupid app.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Crazy idea: How about adoption?!
ladyiscute32

Unread post by ladyiscute32 »

Hi guys! This is my first post, I just discovered E+J two days ago when YT recommended their video. I have to say right away, I think them giving IVF to another couple is a great thing, I just think that the way they organized it seems rather careless. I have a question that I would like to hear an honest answer to. I understand wanting a baby and wanting it to be your own, but in the case of these couples, why don't they consider adoption after going through fertility treatments for years? Like, do they think that there is something wrong with adoption? I've been reading through old boards and Ellie made a comment that said that she and Jared never even considered it, they just knew they wanted their own baby. I tried posting this same comment on E+J's latest video, but it was deleted within 10 mins (what a nice welcoming lol).

Return to “Ellie and Jared”