Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by MissNova »

DBExOG wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... 8b3bda.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That literally made my stomach flop. I feel so bad for Jackson. And nothing but rage towards ellie. So disgusting.
I have two boys and I would never ever put something like that without putting something wonderful about my other son at the exact same time.

She makes me sick.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MissNova wrote:
DBExOG wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... 8b3bda.png[/img]

That literally made my stomach flop. I feel so bad for Jackson. And nothing but rage towards ellie. So disgusting.
I have two boys and I would never ever put something like that without putting something wonderful about my other son at the exact same time.

She makes me sick.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The other thing I noticed in this pic was that it was intentionally set up so you can see Ellie in the reflection. I've noticed all of E&Js IG pics are like this. They aren't capturing genuine moments, but rather setup "picture perfect" ones. I feel bad for E&Js kids because I don't feel like they are being appreciated in the the simple cute moments like most children are. Those are the candid pics you usually see on a parent's FB wall or IG.... not these fake ones.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

The 5th finalists really tugged at my heartstrings. I voted for them. You can really tell how genuine and heartbreaking their video is. It wasn't over the top and edited and picture perfect, it was real.

ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

MissNova wrote:[quote="DBExOG"//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... 8b3bda.png

She makes me sick.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The hardest part of his one and a half year of life was probably having her as a mother. She definitely reads here and saw our comments about her babying him. Hi Ellie! How's the other kid? You know, the one you dont give a shit about because he's not a "super duper special snowflake"? I sure hope youtube goes on for at least 15 more years so we can all witness poor Jackson rebelling against his crazy-ass mother.
HeatherNancine
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HeatherNancine »

kaylnoel wrote:I wasn't going to vote at all. But my daughter was stillborn three years ago and I miscarried my second daughter at 19 week last Wednesday. Jon and Joan talking about the hours they got with her, how they only had 23 (? I think) pictures of her... I have been there. It broke my heart. So I cried for a while then liked the video.

Their story of knowing each other since five years old and going to dances together is super sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I voted for them as well.
Can I just say how sorry I am for your losses? I am praying that you are being comforted and feeling loved and supported. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, I only know what it is to love a child and I know that if I had lost any of mine I would be devastated. *hugs*
HeatherNancine
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HeatherNancine »

kaylnoel wrote:I wasn't going to vote at all. But my daughter was stillborn three years ago and I miscarried my second daughter at 19 week last Wednesday. Jon and Joan talking about the hours they got with her, how they only had 23 (? I think) pictures of her... I have been there. It broke my heart. So I cried for a while then liked the video.

Their story of knowing each other since five years old and going to dances together is super sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I voted for them as well.
Can I just say how sorry I am for your losses? I am praying that you are being comforted and feeling loved and supported. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, I only know what it is to love a child and I know that if I had lost any of mine I would be devastated. *hugs*
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

each video tugged at the heart strings, and i think they all deserve to have this chance to start their families. #5 made me bawl like a baby. my heart breaks for them, it really does. :(
yoyo16 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
pirateayy07 wrote:Omg cgl33, that didn't occur to me until just now. Are the vids monetized?
I didn't see ads on any of them and watched them a couple of times.
They didn't monetize them. Jared mentioned monetizing as one of the questions that people had. I wonder if they were planning on monetizing and decided not to because of the flack they would receive from making money on the contest

what they could have done was monetized them and then donated the money from each couples video to the couple. i don't think people would've hated on that.
Last edited by actuallydear on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I agree with whoever it was that said something about the rules. I thought all of the videos were good, genuine, and well-deserving. But like most of you, #5 really won me over. Then I wondered, I noticed someone pointed out a couples video on their channel was 4 minutes, and didn't the rules say editing the video was going to come into play in the final decisions? #5 sat in front of their video camera and you could visibly see the heartache and desperation those 2 have endured. While I felt the heartache for the other 4 couples, I wondered if instead of focusing about the editing process, that EJ stated was a factor, if their stories would've been even more compelling.

These 2 are idiots. Why would they even bother uploading 1 video and not the remaining 4 until the next day? And then go on to say "each video will be up for the same amount of time" well not really, Jared. I get they removed the 1st video and uploaded it again but what about the likes it had previously? What if people who don't regularly check their videos who voted for the 1st couple don't vote again because they aren't aware that EJ screwed up? It's hard to believe that these 2 can't even follow the simplest directions sometimes

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Ellie infuriates me! I am a special needs mother who has two kids and one of my biggest goals is that both children feel loved and that they get what they need from me. It is important that both children get your time, love and attention. Having a child with special needs just means you have to work a bit harder to make sure that happens. Poor Jackson! He is not treated as well as Calvin just because he didn't have any health issues. That is disgusting to me. And the fact that Ellie and Jared are home ALL day makes it even worse. There is plenty of time and love for BOTH boys.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Oh god Jon and Joans story had me crying my eyes out. How do we pick just one couple.. How?? This is all so upsetting. The thought that the others won't get ivf its all too much.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

freshbalsam wrote:
These 2 are idiots. Why would they even bother uploading 1 video and not the remaining 4 until the next day? And then go on to say "each video will be up for the same amount of time" well not really, Jared. I get they removed the 1st video and uploaded it again but what about the likes it had previously? What if people who don't regularly check their videos who voted for the 1st couple don't vote again because they aren't aware that EJ screwed up? It's hard to believe that these 2 can't even follow the simplest directions sometimes

They did not re-upload the first video. They are planning on taking it down a day before the others.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Jon and Joan have my vote. The 23 pictures part just broke my heart.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I voted for all the couples, but I do have to say that it isn't surprising that most of them are from Utah or have ties to the LDS church. I'm rooting so hard for couple #5. Their story tore me apart.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

pirateayy07 wrote:Here's my 2 cents about adoption. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it AT ALL. It all boils down to preference and circumstances. I'd love to adopt whether it be embryos or a living child, but IT STILL COSTS MONEY! And if money is a huge reason behind why ppl aren't doing IVF, what will adoption change? This is not directed to any of you in particular, but I often ask people who suggest this, this question...

"How many children did and your spouse adopt?"

Often times, they haven't, and just did it the "old fashioned way". I think it speaks to the notion of how some can suggest a resolution to a problem that they themselves wouldn't do if they have the choice (circumstances to meet their preference).
I can answer this question: my husband & I adopted one sweet smart & crazy fun girl from China and we have one biological daughter. I am blessed in many ways.
There are grants to help couples who wish to adopt. Sometimes it is a general grant sometimes it is a grant for a specific child, but they do exist in the adoption world as well.

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

mrogaan wrote:
kittypurry wrote:One of the couples is also entered into this contest from a radio station (its called "Win a Baby, ugh), which is structured almost exactly the same as E&J's, and started earlier (they haven't picked a winner yet)

http://971zht.iheart.com/contests/enter ... aby-89792/

which couple? i quickly scrolled through the entry videos but didn't notice any of the e&j finalists
Aaron and Rylie, they're on page 7. Wasn't sure it was ok to name them. Not saying they shouldn't enter this contest as well, just wanted to show another one using popular votes for criteria. It's also in Utah and I wondered if E&J got inspiration from it, since it's structured so similarly

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Jon and Joan are winning by a pretty significant margin so far, 52k to Brian and Nicole's 32k

ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

I won't vote for any of them, but I really loved the last family. I was kinda shocked at the fact that they had pictures of their dead baby, tho. Maybe it's because I'm from another country or because I've never had kids, but that creeped me out. (please don't be offended that's just my thought).
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016121 ... a33f17.jpg[/img]

Invisalign was a mistake. She looks like she has an entirely different jaw/facial structure now and not as flattering as before.
amberamber
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amberamber »

I voted for couple #5, I couldn't stop myself from crying as they told their story. I just got the news that my baby didn't have a heartbeat at my ultrasound last week (close to 11 weeks) and I'm devastated, I can't imagine the pain of being so close to meeting your baby and losing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

I'm so very sorry for your loss amberamber. I wish I had words that could offer you some comfort but I don't. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”